Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

ryoder

How have you guys done this to yourselves? How were you left with Trump and Cruz as the only options when someone like Kasich, who at the very least has the advantage of appearing to be a real human person and not a cartoon, was still in the race?

It's mind boggling!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

How have you guys done this to yourselves? How were you left with Trump and Cruz as the only options when someone like Kasich, who at the very least has the advantage of appearing to be a real human person and not a cartoon, was still in the race?

It's mind boggling!

Well, 434 put it nicely in post 1001.

People are people!

I can not understand why it leads to this! It is crazy, I have no words. Pure stupidity

The "people are people" and "pure stupidity" comments are somewhat redundant.

P.T. Barnum was right.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

jakee

It's mind boggling!

I suspect that much of Trump's "support" in the primaries has come from Democrats and independents voting for the GOP candidate who they perceive to be easiest to defeat in November. It's a common strategy in first past the post voting systems.

Nobody on the left wanted to see Kasich get the nomination, given that he was the only sane candidate of the final three.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Kasich failed because he got in too late, and mostly he is too reasonable and moderate for the current GOP primary voters. The hard core wanted Cruz, and most of the rest love the spectacle of Trump.

You've got to give the people what they want. (R. Davies)

(My take from the frozen but thawing north)
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

jakee

It's mind boggling!

A few months ago, I shared a similar sentiment here in post #66 of this thread.

If it was about being real, honest and having a record that demonstrated positive results, then Kasich was the most wholesome peanut in that pile of elephant shit at center ring.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

>How were you left with Trump and Cruz as the only options when someone like Kasich, who at the very
>least has the advantage of appearing to be a real human person and not a cartoon, was still in the race?

I had high hopes for Kasich. He had his problems but was the most reasonable candidate this cycle. (Which in this climate makes him unelectable, I guess.)

jakee

It's mind boggling!

The GOP set it in motion back in Nixon's day when the party establishment saw a vote cornucopia if they pandered to the racial/sexist/religious prejudices of the white working class (especially in the south). The party's knee-jerk supporters didn't realize they were being hoodwinked into supporting the biggest transfer of wealth from themselves to the rich in the history of the nation. The GOP is basically an unstable organization but it needed a catalyst to set it off. Trump is that catalyst.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

ryoder

Great. Now, if I want someone to vote for in the CA primary, I'll have to change my registration from "R" to "D." CA doesn't let registered "R" voters vote in the "D" primary, and vice versa. The "D" party does let "no party preference" voters vote in their primary, but the "R" party excludes them too. I'll wait another two weeks, in case we get Bern-out in the meanwhile.

normiss

Some Ted humor.
:D

That's funny right there - I don't care who you are - that's funny right there!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

normiss

Some Ted humor.

Some Carly humor:

Ex-HP boss Carly Fiorina sacked one week into new job

In a textbook Fiorina move, the former IT highflier thus brought about a wobbly merger, oversaw mass layoffs, and was ultimately given the boot.

She accomplished that all in one week; at HP, it took her five years.

Source: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/05/04/ted_cruz_carly_fiorina/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>In a textbook Fiorina move, the former IT highflier thus brought about a wobbly merger, oversaw mass
>layoffs, and was ultimately given the boot. She accomplished that all in one week; at HP, it took her five
>years.

Carly for VP! Come on Trump! Either her or Palin. Or Rick Perry.

billvon

A good VP for Trump would be Kanye West;
They have the same mentality.
Of course that would lose Trump's KKK endorsement.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***Carly for VP! Come on Trump! Either her or Palin. Or Rick Perry.

A good VP for Trump would be Kanye West;
They have the same mentality.
Of course that would lose Trump's KKK endorsement.

Mia Love - Heads would explode.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

billvon

>In a textbook Fiorina move, the former IT highflier thus brought about a wobbly merger, oversaw mass
>layoffs, and was ultimately given the boot. She accomplished that all in one week; at HP, it took her five
>years.

talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-carson-committee-vp

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***>In a textbook Fiorina move, the former IT highflier thus brought about a wobbly merger, oversaw mass
>years.

If I was Chris Christy I'd be pissed Trump was even considering anyone else.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

kallend

***>In a textbook Fiorina move, the former IT highflier thus brought about a wobbly merger, oversaw mass
>years.

He says "someone political." I'm thinking Scott Walker, who might help him win a blue state.

JerryBaumchen

Hi turtle,

Heads would explode.

For over a year now, I have been saying that this is the most entertaining election cycle yet. Now, it is really getting interesting.

VP => Who's on first? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTcRRaXV-fg

:P

Jerry Baumchen

I think it will ultimately be something like this:

People are people!

I can not understand why it leads to this! It is crazy, I have no words. Pure stupidity

That might be the first thought of many. But keep in mind it is the party members that voted for Trump. That is not the electorate and they will vote this Nov. 8.

Republicans and to a lessor extent democrats should understand a dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs. That doesn't mean uneducated and underemployed whites. The post about "The Week" story makes a compelling argument that Hillary has it pretty much in the bag.

Middle America has always chosen the president. Not the extreme right or the extreme left.

The Republican party should all be fucking embarrassed that their candidate for the most powerful position in the world is a reality TV-show host with zero political experience...

Seriously. Let that sink in for a minute.

How they haven't all instantly quit out of shame is beyond me.

However we came to this, that fact - the fact that Trump is entirely unsuitable in terms of experience for political office was known at the time the Republicans let him represent their party. And they let him do it anyway...

If I was a Republican I'd be furious.