RMK

WTF is wrong with American police?

normiss

"especially young black males"
:S

Yes especially young black males. Sticking your head in ___ ___ doesn't change facts http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/30/officer-involved-shooting-reported-at-south-carolina-mall/?intcmp=hplnws

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

If you cant make that pledge the shut the fuck up because your just a fucking hypocrite. Every single stop these men and woman make can be their last. They don't get a second chance if they make a mistake.

Yup, and they should have known that before they applied for the job. Not a justification for pre-emptive shootings.

There is a war on police

Not really. The problem for police is that now their actions are getting recorded on video much more frequently. What that has done is given the other side a voice in the debate.

Up until now the police side of the story has carried much more weight. Video is evening that out and showing that like most people, cops tend to lie to cover up their mistakes.

For each and everyone of you cop haters please pledge right here and right now to never ever ever call 911.

Why?

They don't get a second chance if they make a mistake.

Given how many of them shoot or beat innocent, unarmed, unthreatening citizens and don't get fired or prosecuted that's clearly not true.

Every single story you posted could have been a dead cop if they acted different.

Uh, you mean if they acted different and the entire situation was different? Yeah, no shit:S

for them every person they make contact with is out to kill the,

And you don't see that as a problem? They're not the military, they're not at war.

unless the person complies immediately and proves they are not a threat they must be treated as a threat or that officer doesn't get to go home and hug his kids at the end of the day. So for you cop haters I say FUCK YOU.

And when a guy who gets shot for doing exactly what he was told to do by a cop he doesn't get to hug is kids at the end of the day either. So for you citizens haters, FUCK YOU.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Don't let them get to you, secondly don't give them the satisfaction of you getting angry.

This stuff is cyclical, although this time is worse, longer, and more violent then the post Rodney King era.

Crime rates will continue to trend significantly upward, mainly because the police have backed off.

Backing off because of being concerned they will be the next cop thrown under the bus by the media and political leadership. Thrown under the bus even though their actions were justified and the facts reported are incorrect or flat out lies. But it looked bad, so it must be bad.

The cops own some of this too, no doubt, but there are hundreds of thousands of cops doing great stuff everyday. Mundane things, routine things, dangerous things, very dangerous things under difficult circumstances you will never read about in the paper, watch on TV, or see online.

Quite frankly I've experienced more support in the last year then at any other time in my career. I've had my meals picked up on numerous occasions, one time twice in one day (while working a double shift). I've had more people come up and express support than I can count. The negative contacts I've had regarding the recent issues, were people engaged in criminal behaviors, go figure. Even then it was only two, out of hundreds of contacts.

People will eventually get sick of the rising crime rates, and stop listening to detractors and talking heads who have no idea what they are talking about.

I just don't talk about this, I live this, so I have a larger stake than most here.

Even the detractors will get the same service if they pick up a phone and call when needed. Body cameras are a good thing, I've always said that, you'll see more and more extraordinary things cops do DAILY. But the 24 hour news cycle and chronic complainers will slow the process, because it doesn't meet their agendas.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

That's the best you've got.............

A smart guy like you?

There is no denial, either stated or implied.

But again, since you apparently have all the answers, you should apply, suit up, and have at it.

I'll get the popcorn.

Hi sky,

there are hundreds of thousands of cops doing great stuff everyday

I could not agree more. And, good for them.

The cops own some of this too

Yes, they do. And this is what this thread is about. You either know it or have your head in the sand IMO if you think that there is not a blue wall covering up the bad apples in all LE dep'ts.

you'll see more and more extraordinary things cops do DAILY

I do hope some of this actually makes the evening news; but I doubt it.

Oh, and see the thread on the Waco biker killings. Who's wrong on that one?

Jerry Baumchen

>Oh, and see the thread on the Waco biker killings. Who's wrong on that one?

While the cops certainly bear some of the responsibility for what happened in Waco, I think it's unfair to say that they are the ones in the wrong there. There's plenty of blame to go around there, and IMO far more of the responsibility for that lies at the feet of the guy who fired the first shot.

You either know it or have your head in the sand IMO if you think that there is not a blue wall covering up the bad apples in all LE dep'ts.

The "blue wall" you speak of isn't nearly what you think it is, believe me.

Oh, and see the thread on the Waco biker killings. Who's wrong on that one?

How about the bikers who showed up, started a gang fight which turned into a gun fight in a crowded area.
The cops are the ones who have to unfuck that mess, and a mess it is. They are playing hardball as they should, it will take years for this to shake out.

I used to have respect for bikers, when I started in the 80's many 1%ers were Vietnam vets who had a reason to be mad at the world. I never trusted them, but they were usually very respectful and realized a lot of attention was bad for business.

Most of the newer ones are just anti-social criminals for no apparent reason other than being assholes.

It's called accountability. All of a sudden everyone has a camera. And it turns out that sometimes the police lie about what happened. Get used to it. I support my police, and I still expect them to be accountable. You should be glad that this will help weed out the bad apples. You will no longer be able to depend on your brother to lie for you if you screw up. That's what the "war on police" really is.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Crime rates will continue to trend significantly upward, mainly because the police have backed off.

This is actually an amazing thing right here. A cop in complete and utter denial of reality.

Crime rates have actually been steeply declining since the beginning of the 90s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States

http://freakonomics.com/books/freakonomics/chapter-excerpts/chapter-4/

https://www.google.de/search?q=crime+rate+USA&espv=2&biw=1410&bih=727&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIjJuvusOgyAIVwdIaCh0UDAl_
Notice a trend in all the graphs in the last link?

This type of thinking is why lots of cops are way out of line.
You live in fantasy world where crime is skyrocketing and everybody is out to kill you.

As soon as somebody as much questions military tactics and civil rights violations - you scream "It's a war on cops", in your next breath you blatantly lie about rising crime.

Unbelievable.

catfishhunter

...or that officer doesn't get to go home and hug his kids at the end of the day.

This is a statement, along with its variations, that comes up fairly frequently in these arguments. "Police have it hard and they just want to go home at the end of the day."

Food for thought: At my work we have a cafeteria. Most of the people that work there are cool. I see them regularly and we shoot the shit when we interact. However, I will say, one of the guys that works there pretty clearly "just wants to go home at the end of the day." (That's not exactly a very endearing way to speak about someone, particularly if you're trying to defend them.)

I think many police officers have priorities that rank above "just wanting to go home at the end of the day" and, as I've said before, that's why the profession is supposed to be revered. As a constructive exercise, can you think of some examples?

skycop

Don't let them get to you, secondly don't give them the satisfaction of you getting angry.

This stuff is cyclical, although this time is worse, longer, and more violent then the post Rodney King era.

Backing off because of being concerned they will be the next cop thrown under the bus by the media and political leadership. Thrown under the bus even though their actions were justified and the facts reported are incorrect or flat out lies. But it looked bad, so it must be bad.

The cops own some of this too, no doubt, but there are hundreds of thousands of cops doing great stuff everyday. Mundane things, routine things, dangerous things, very dangerous things under difficult circumstances you will never read about in the paper, watch on TV, or see online.

Quite frankly I've experienced more support in the last year then at any other time in my career. I've had my meals picked up on numerous occasions, one time twice in one day (while working a double shift). I've had more people come up and express support than I can count. The negative contacts I've had regarding the recent issues, were people engaged in criminal behaviors, go figure. Even then it was only two, out of hundreds of contacts.

People will eventually get sick of the rising crime rates, and stop listening to detractors and talking heads who have no idea what they are talking about.

I just don't talk about this, I live this, so I have a larger stake than most here.

Even the detractors will get the same service if they pick up a phone and call when needed. Body cameras are a good thing, I've always said that, you'll see more and more extraordinary things cops do DAILY. But the 24 hour news cycle and chronic complainers will slow the process, because it doesn't meet their agendas.

Then they need to be fired... straight up.. If you don't do your job... you are outta here. Go drive an ice cream truck with little bells and music.

Then the department can hire officers that actually give a shit about that whole protect and serve thing on the side of their cars. Then perhaps they can restore the publics faith in them that most officers deserve.. once you clean out the bad apples that put a stench on your whole department.

That is not hatred.. that is expecting public servants to do a good job.... I guess some people just can't fathom actually doing that.:S

gowlerk

It's called accountability. All of a sudden everyone has a camera. Get used to it. You should be glad that this will help weed out the bad apples. You will no longer be able to depend on your brother to lie for you if you screw up.

I like you gowlerk, but I'd like you even more if you could use that heavily edited paragraph using the following:

Abortion
Baby
kicking legs
brain
500k salary
begging for money on twitter for being under attack
Claire Underwood
Planned Parenthood
Medicaid...really? You get reimbursed by medicaid for services performed...oh, ok...guess you're not really that important after all, eh?
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/07/09/us-cities-homicide-surge-2015/29879091/

Major cities are experiencing double digit increases in violent crime, St. Louis, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Chicago, and on.......

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/01/us/murder-rates-rising-sharply-in-many-us-cities.html?_r=0

Of the numbers you quoted, many were 2013 and before.

These spikes have just started (by statistical standards), and will continue until communities say enough.

Whether you like it or not, proactive policing reduces crime, hence the drops you noted. It's now up to the cities involved to determine what kind of proactive policing they want and need.

You live in fantasy world where crime is skyrocketing and everybody is out to kill you.

No, I live in the real world, where someone has actually tried to kill me.

I'm sure you never practice your emergency procedures, because your gear will never malfunction, and you'll never have to deal with it.

It may only happen once, oh wait, it only takes once...........