RMK

WTF is wrong with American police?

I speed and have received tickets that I deserved, and missed getting some I should have.

This is irrelevant from you. Again. How do you tie this into any arguement about something none of us know the complete details about? What if the kid was told many times to not jaywalk then was requested to step to the side to recieve an official warning then decided to punch the cop or assault him? We don't know and all this anti cop "comply or die" nonsense is out of control at this point. Don't say it isn't possible it has happened in these forums recently where posters got ahead of themselves in a witch hunt to only eat crow.

I am not apologizing for anyone because I don't know what happened. That is what has me fired up. None of you know what went on but are 100% sure the cop started it and the kid was basically in a prayer meeting the whole time. I really really hope you are never selected for jury duty as you have shown us here that you habitually make your mind up on an incident with 50% of the information or less. If not I feel for the poor bastard that is being judged by someone with such tunnel vision on certain topics. [:/]

cvfd1399

I am not apologizing for anyone because I don't know what happened. That is what has me fired up. None of you know what went on but are 100% sure the cop started it and the kid was basically in a prayer meeting the whole time. I really really hope you are never selected for jury duty as you have shown us here that you habitually make your mind up on an incident with 50% of the information or less. If not I feel for the poor bastard that is being judged by someone with such tunnel vision on certain topics. [:/]

RIIIIIIGHT... ever teenage black male obviously needs to be taught a lesson by being slammed to the ground by a group of fat ass OFFICER Donuts protecting their city from a dangerous jaywalker.

Amazon

***I am not apologizing for anyone because I don't know what happened. That is what has me fired up. None of you know what went on but are 100% sure the cop started it and the kid was basically in a prayer meeting the whole time. I really really hope you are never selected for jury duty as you have shown us here that you habitually make your mind up on an incident with 50% of the information or less. If not I feel for the poor bastard that is being judged by someone with such tunnel vision on certain topics. [:/]

RIIIIIIGHT... ever teenage black male obviously needs to be taught a lesson by being slammed to the ground by a group of fat ass OFFICER Donuts protecting their city from a dangerous jaywalker.

Holy shit am I so done talking to you about this. You are so full of drama it is impossible to take you seriously. [:/]

> That is what has me fired up. None of you know what went on but are 100%
>sure the cop started it and the kid was basically in a prayer meeting the whole
>time.

No one claimed the kid was "in a prayer meeting the whole time." He was jaywalking. That's not in dispute. The video then shows him "committing the crime" of sitting on the planter for several minutes where the cop told him to sit.

It's posts like this that make me understand the growing anger against police and the people who will distort and lie to defend anything they do. If the video is incomplete? "You don't know anything! You haven't seen the whole video!" If the video is complete? "You don't know anything! How do you know what the cop's frame of mind was? Why don't you work as a cop before you start shooting your mouth off." If the guy was a criminal? "Oh, so you support criminals? And we should listen to you?" If the guy had no record? "Well, he was no choir boy, and he wasn't in a prayer meeting the whole time, I guarantee you that!"

Fortunately the publicity has kicked off an investigation. Let's see what it reveals.

billvon

> That is what has me fired up. None of you know what went on but are 100%
>sure the cop started it and the kid was basically in a prayer meeting the whole
>time.

No one claimed the kid was "in a prayer meeting the whole time." He was jaywalking. That's not in dispute. The video then shows him "committing the crime" of sitting on the planter for several minutes where the cop told him to sit.

It's posts like this that make me understand the growing anger against police and the people who will distort and lie to defend anything they do. If the video is incomplete? "You don't know anything! You haven't seen the whole video!" If the video is complete? "You don't know anything! How do you know what the cop's frame of mind was? Why don't you work as a cop before you start shooting your mouth off." If the guy was a criminal? "Oh, so you support criminals? And we should listen to you?" If the guy had no record? "Well, he was no choir boy, and he wasn't in a prayer meeting the whole time, I guarantee you that!"

Fortunately the publicity has kicked off an investigation. Let's see what it reveals.

It's posts like yours that do the same. Look at your second sentence and third. "He was jaywalking." "Committing the crime of sitting on a planter".

You right there have ignored any other reasons for the cop to be acting the way he is. In your mind there is nothing the kid could have done before this video started that would warrant the reaction from this cop. It simply amazes me how smart people on this forum can think so ignorantly about simple things such as getting the entire information before making a judgment. Do you also convict people as a juror before the trial is half over?

cvfd1399

******I am not apologizing for anyone because I don't know what happened. That is what has me fired up. None of you know what went on but are 100% sure the cop started it and the kid was basically in a prayer meeting the whole time. I really really hope you are never selected for jury duty as you have shown us here that you habitually make your mind up on an incident with 50% of the information or less. If not I feel for the poor bastard that is being judged by someone with such tunnel vision on certain topics. [:/]

Holy shit am I so done talking to you about this. You are so full of drama it is impossible to take you seriously. [:/]

Todayhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0WSoVJ9DPc

COMPLY OR DIE... judges...... jury ...............executioners

Amazon

*********I am not apologizing for anyone because I don't know what happened. That is what has me fired up. None of you know what went on but are 100% sure the cop started it and the kid was basically in a prayer meeting the whole time. I really really hope you are never selected for jury duty as you have shown us here that you habitually make your mind up on an incident with 50% of the information or less. If not I feel for the poor bastard that is being judged by someone with such tunnel vision on certain topics. [:/]

That was suicide by cop. When you have 4 cops with guns drawn telling you to show them your hands. who on earth would think it is a good thing to reach into your pocket. Somebody that wanted to die.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

BartsDaddy

************I am not apologizing for anyone because I don't know what happened. That is what has me fired up. None of you know what went on but are 100% sure the cop started it and the kid was basically in a prayer meeting the whole time. I really really hope you are never selected for jury duty as you have shown us here that you habitually make your mind up on an incident with 50% of the information or less. If not I feel for the poor bastard that is being judged by someone with such tunnel vision on certain topics. [:/]

That was suicide by cop. When you have 4 cops with guns drawn telling you to show them your hands. who on earth would think it is a good thing to reach into your pocket. Somebody that wanted to die.

So you are good with death penalty for anyone not complying too...

http://jonathanturley.org/2010/09/01/seattle-police-shoot-and-kill-whittling-man/

Hope yall do not get a twitchy Judge Dread one day when you are impaired in some way.

Amazon

***************I am not apologizing for anyone because I don't know what happened. That is what has me fired up. None of you know what went on but are 100% sure the cop started it and the kid was basically in a prayer meeting the whole time. I really really hope you are never selected for jury duty as you have shown us here that you habitually make your mind up on an incident with 50% of the information or less. If not I feel for the poor bastard that is being judged by someone with such tunnel vision on certain topics. [:/]

So you are good with death penalty for anyone not complying too...

http://jonathanturley.org/2010/09/01/seattle-police-shoot-and-kill-whittling-man/

Hope yall do not get a twitchy Judge Dread one day when you are impaired in some way.

Really when somebody answers,your post on one incident you want to counter with 3 or 4 others. Learn how to reply to leos and you won't get shot. You want to act bad and like a thug your odds increase you will be shot.

You pride yourself in training airmen that went to war in Vietnam. Would you have told them to not shoot untill all other options we're tried.

Most sane people do not consider it a war of the common citizen against police. But there are a lot that do. And they get fuel from both sides.

So I guess in your eyes police are supposed to just stand there and get shot when somebody does the opposite of what their told. Is that what you would have instructed those airmen to do?
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

BartsDaddy

************I am not apologizing for anyone because I don't know what happened. That is what has me fired up. None of you know what went on but are 100% sure the cop started it and the kid was basically in a prayer meeting the whole time. I really really hope you are never selected for jury duty as you have shown us here that you habitually make your mind up on an incident with 50% of the information or less. If not I feel for the poor bastard that is being judged by someone with such tunnel vision on certain topics. [:/]

It was summary execution, not suicide.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Jaywalking is of course the impetus for the cop engaging the suspect. All other actions (by all involved) emanate from that.

Look, let's get real. The streets can be a mean place and I'm quite familiar with the city of Stockton, CA. I lived there while going to school and I still have friends who live in the area and I'm quite familiar with the part of town in which this incident occurred.

If that kid had pulled a knife, a pistol and anything else capable of killing, the cop would have been within his legal mandate for the safety of the bystanders and himself to shoot that kid no questions asked and i would not be writing this. Suspect pulls and brandishes deadly weapon, shot and killed by cop, move on.

What is going on here IMHO is too much brawn and very very little use of brains on the part of the cop and since the cop is the adult and holds "all the cards" i.e. size, gun, baton, and duty to enforce the law, the onus is on him. The police chief whines about the suspect attempting to wrestle the cop's baton from him. My question is why, given all the circumstances in the encounter, did the cop put himself in the position for the suspect to get his hands on his baton in the first place? That one speaks to both common sense and training...both lacking.

Finally, think of me as the "canary in the coal mine." I'm the heterosexual, politically conservative White male (hpcWm); these days the most hated species walking the Earth. In the eyes of many, whale shit has more value than me taking up space and breathing on this planet. I'm supposed to be the guy who tacitly supports every action a cop makes on the streets. Take the time, to listen and observe. There's a lot of us hpcWm's who are speaking out against the use of excessive force by cops as well as the cops who protect and enable these thugs with badges and allow them to stay on duty. Such actions and behaviors are and quite possibly to a greater extent as corrosive to the social strata as criminal behavior. Bottom line is this, if the cops are losing the hearts and minds and getting criticism from those who stereotypically are assumed to always support them no matter what they do, then something in the profession of law enforcement is wrong, very very wrong. Too many civilians and cops are dying at the hands of the other these days and I personally find that unacceptable. The common denominator of justified counterforce is still violence and those legally commissioned to apply it must do so with propriety and in the context of the society they serve. Left unchecked and unaccountable, it's just as bad as criminals left free to roam the streets.

I agree with everything Boomerdog noted above.

I don’t know what is included in police training in the US, but judging from the resultant product, it seems to be quite poor.

Yes police enter into tense/volatile situations; why do they always “step it up” and make it worse? If there is a problem on an airline flight, no one wants the captain to come over the PA screeching “OH GOD, WE’RE ALL GONNA, WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE”. Injecting a bunch of gun twitching, screaming thugs in blues with their penchant for delivering “ass whoopins” and you’ve made the situation much worse.

Not complying in millisecond timeframes and speaking unpleasantly is no need for the local police department to “dog pile” on an individual. Someone noted above cursing. Who cares about swearing? If the person isn’t polite in mannerism or speech it is not a reason to beat/shoot/tase.

As an adult and a professional, it doesn’t always matter what the exact wording of the law or ordinance is; some actions you know are wrong.

This stuff is sickening; and it happens all the time in the US:

oops wrong guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgV8L7oghK0

3 deputies on a kid with Downs Syndrome and an IQ of 40 sitting in a cinema:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ugW1GD4BZU
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Boomerdog

Jaywalking is of course the impetus for the cop engaging the suspect. All other actions (by all involved) emanate from that.

Look, let's get real. The streets can be a mean place and I'm quite familiar with the city of Stockton, CA. I lived there while going to school and I still have friends who live in the area and I'm quite familiar with the part of town in which this incident occurred.

If that kid had pulled a knife, a pistol and anything else capable of killing, the cop would have been within his legal mandate for the safety of the bystanders and himself to shoot that kid no questions asked and i would not be writing this. Suspect pulls and brandishes deadly weapon, shot and killed by cop, move on.

What is going on here IMHO is too much brawn and very very little use of brains on the part of the cop and since the cop is the adult and holds "all the cards" i.e. size, gun, baton, and duty to enforce the law, the onus is on him. The police chief whines about the suspect attempting to wrestle the cop's baton from him. My question is why, given all the circumstances in the encounter, did the cop put himself in the position for the suspect to get his hands on his baton in the first place? That one speaks to both common sense and training...both lacking.

Finally, think of me as the "canary in the coal mine." I'm the heterosexual, politically conservative White male (hpcWm); these days the most hated species walking the Earth. In the eyes of many, whale shit has more value than me taking up space and breathing on this planet. I'm supposed to be the guy who tacitly supports every action a cop makes on the streets. Take the time, to listen and observe. There's a lot of us hpcWm's who are speaking out against the use of excessive force by cops as well as the cops who protect and enable these thugs with badges and allow them to stay on duty. Such actions and behaviors are and quite possibly to a greater extent as corrosive to the social strata as criminal behavior. Bottom line is this, if the cops are losing the hearts and minds and getting criticism from those who stereotypically are assumed to always support them no matter what they do, then something in the profession of law enforcement is wrong, very very wrong. Too many civilians and cops are dying at the hands of the other these days and I personally find that unacceptable. The common denominator of justified counterforce is still violence and those legally commissioned to apply it must do so with propriety and in the context of the society they serve. Left unchecked and unaccountable, it's just as bad as criminals left free to roam the streets.

"If that kid had pulled a knife"

Do you know that he diddn't? We only know HALF the story! That is my biggest beef with this thread is everyone has made up their mind cop wrong citizen innocent.

Also you imply if the cop had not stopped the kid for the petty crime of jaywalking none of this had happened.......what......
Are you suggesting cops only enforce major laws that are in place and ignore on their own lesser laws as it might just invoke a reaction from citizens that will put them in a place this cop was.

cvfd1399

Are you suggesting cops only enforce major laws

I'm suggesting they don't "lose their shit" and go aggressive on the public for the most minor or infractions.

Jaywalking? Are you serious? That is the most petty of all laws (sans police showing up to bust 5yr olds running lemonade stands).

"Gotta get the perps", like on the cop shows on TV

Do you know that he diddn't? We only know HALF the story! That is my biggest beef with this thread is everyone has made up their mind cop wrong citizen innocent.

Well, the video is not my only source. In reading the story as reported by the main local newspaper "The Stockton Record," press conferences with a high ranking officer made no mention of the fact that a weapon was found on the suspect AND IF THERE HADE BEEN A WEAPON FOUND, the PD would be all too happy to make this known to the world in order to justify their actions.

Certainly the cop was well within his right to engage the suspect in the frame of mind that the suspect might be armed. That's good police procedure.

...everyone has made up their mind cop wrong citizen innocent

I'd call that phrase "reductio ad absurdum." The cop's not wrong in approaching the subject for observing the jaywalk and the suspect is certainly not innocent of the charge by evident observation. The suspect (according to the cop) is observed jaywalking at a bus stop in a bus lane. Had the suspect been subsequently been struck by a bus resulting in a swift and sudden application of the brakes by the bus driver, the passengers in the bus could easily be thrown forward in their seats and injured. In my line of work we'd call that "a physics problem."

I don't read any comments in this thread criticizing the cop for engaging the kid for jaywalking. In the total context of the location (a bus stop), the suspect posed a credible safety hazard to himself and others. I'm not (nor do I think anyone else here) is letting the kid off the hook for the hazard he created. What IS in serious question is why this kid deserved the beatdown he got. I am not nor will I be convinced that the level of the use of force was justified. We probably disagree on the last point, it will just have to remain so.

A defense or civil trial lawyer is going ta have a lot fun if this case goes to trial. And if this results in a substantial payout to the suspect, that's just going to put the good, but already bankrupt city of Stockton into further financial arrears.

Interesting way you cops have with the English language nowadays.

You claim you were once a cop.....sorry but with this and many other ridiculous comments you've made (so you don't believe there is such a thing as "suicide by cop? it all has to be an assassination???)I have to call BS that you were ever a cop-at least never out on the street in the real world!:P

I always try to maintain a reasonable discussion in here, but with a lot of the rabid and ridiculous comments it's obvious that's useless.........

Boomerdog

Well, the video is not my only source. In reading the story as reported by the main local newspaper "The Stockton Record," press conferences with a high ranking officer made no mention of the fact that a weapon was found on the suspect AND IF THERE HADE BEEN A WEAPON FOUND, the PD would be all too happy to make this known to the world in order to justify their actions.

Certainly the cop was well within his right to engage the suspect in the frame of mind that the suspect might be armed. That's good police procedure.

...everyone has made up their mind cop wrong citizen innocent

I'd call that phrase "reductio ad absurdum." The cop's not wrong in approaching the subject for observing the jaywalk and the suspect is certainly not innocent of the charge by evident observation. The suspect (according to the cop) is observed jaywalking at a bus stop in a bus lane. Had the suspect been subsequently been struck by a bus resulting in a swift and sudden application of the brakes by the bus driver, the passengers in the bus could easily be thrown forward in their seats and injured. In my line of work we'd call that "a physics problem."

I don't read any comments in this thread criticizing the cop for engaging the kid for jaywalking. In the total context of the location (a bus stop), the suspect posed a credible safety hazard to himself and others. I'm not (nor do I think anyone else here) is letting the kid off the hook for the hazard he created. What IS in serious question is why this kid deserved the beatdown he got. I am not nor will I be convinced that the level of the use of force was justified. We probably disagree on the last point, it will just have to remain so.

A defense or civil trial lawyer is going ta have a lot fun if this case goes to trial. And if this results in a substantial payout to the suspect, that's just going to put the good, but already bankrupt city of Stockton into further financial arrears.

I see a kid get knocked silly in the face by Officer Donut with each end of the BATON in quick succession... he is sitting there crying... FFS... what kind of lesson was Officer Donut trying to mete out there. FUCKING BULLIES have always pissed me off.
Apologists gonna apologize for their brothers... but what I saw is NOT policing... and we are seeing far too much of it from the BULLYS in Blue..
I used to think they were there to protect and serve...

All I seem to be seeing now much of the time is them Serving themselves and Protecting their job that they are ill equipped to do.:S

A gun and bullets are not the proper tool for most of these SNUFF films that American citizens are watching and brother officers calling any and every action justifiable.... it really is turning into COMPLY OR DIE... fuck the Constitution and the rule of law.:(

The more you look into this; the worse it is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cases_of_police_brutality_in_the_United_States

The US has people serving 30yrs in prison for a bag of weed, yet many cops get a little as 100 hours community service for outright murder. It seems the common theme is "paid administrative leave"; that's a euphemism for "holiday" as most would know it.

Hi Jeanne,

I still do. IMO the problem is The Thin Blue Wall; or should I say The Thick Blue Wall.

They simple circle the wagons and refuse to get rid of the bad apples. That then permeates all through the department(s).

Getting rid of their unions should be the first step. Hmmmm, have I heard that before? :P

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi Jeanne,

I still do. IMO the problem is The Thin Blue Wall; or should I say The Thick Blue Wall.

They simple circle the wagons and refuse to get rid of the bad apples. That then permeates all through the department(s).

Getting rid of their unions should be the first step. Hmmmm, have I heard that before? :P

Jerry Baumchen

I thought that the compassionate conservatives would be down with that but it seems that even bad behavior is protected and warranted in their eyes... s long as it's THOSE people getting wailed on..[:/]