RMK

WTF is wrong with American police?

So her lawyer says she's oh so badly injured. What does a doctor say. I'm definitely not pro cop, but I've never sported an ACAB tag either. I tend to treat each person and situation as stand alones. Keeps me from being so married to a side that I can't see truth.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

futuredivot

So her lawyer says she's oh so badly injured. What does a doctor say. I'm definitely not pro cop, but I've never sported an ACAB tag either. I tend to treat each person and situation as stand alones. Keeps me from being so married to a side that I can't see truth.

From what I saw I have NO PROBLEM believing a slight little girl.... got injured by Officer SLAM. NOW the district.. and the city lose because they did not act in a timely manner to remove a problem when they had a chance>:(

There is a HUGE difference between spanking a child (which is what I meant by "beat her ass") and brutalizing or abusing a child!

Yes, I believe in spanking children. I spanked my daughter as a small child when she misbehaved. Now as a young adult, she is well behaved, for the most part (she is still a 16 yr old girl with an attitude) If parents don't teach their children how to behave when they are young, then you get the types of kids like you see in this video.

How should the situation in the video have been handled? The girl refused to listen to the teacher, refused to listen the the "administrator" and refused to listen to the officer. Should they all have just given up and ignored her like nothing happened? This is a serious question, that I would like a serious answer to. If you ignore this one, how are you supposed to control the other kids?

Amazon

******I have a 16 year daughter, and if she was acting like this in school, I would shake the cops hand!!

I would then proceed to beat her ass when I got home.

She knows this, and knowing this, she doesn't act stupid.

Beating children is a criminal offense here in my country. Thx God for that.

If parents need to beat their kids, somethings's wrong in the family.>:( My parents never needed it (we were a bunch of wild kids), I never needed to do (mine are wild, too).

You noticed all the supposed parents in this thread willing to brutilize their own children too I see.[:/]
And then they wonder WHY this country has such issues with violence... it is LEARNED BEHAVIOR.

Yes, teaching internal control takes some intelligence & self control. External control is the resource of the stupid/lazy.

Teaching a child they should act in a certain manner because of who they are is a little more work. Telling the same child they will get a beating if they don't act in an appropriate manner - seems an odd method; but the preferred means among the less intelligent.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Teaching a child they should act in a certain manner because of who they are is a little more work. Telling the same child they will get a beating if they don't act in an appropriate manner - seems an odd method; but the preferred means among the less intelligent.

Nothing for nothing, but if you continue this argument you may want to change your sig line;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

justme12001

There is a HUGE difference between spanking a child (which is what I meant by "beat her ass") and brutalizing or abusing a child!

Yes, I believe in spanking children. I spanked my daughter as a small child when she misbehaved. Now as a young adult, she is well behaved, for the most part (she is still a 16 yr old girl with an attitude) If parents don't teach their children how to behave when they are young, then you get the types of kids like you see in this video.

How should the situation in the video have been handled? The girl refused to listen to the teacher, refused to listen the the "administrator" and refused to listen to the officer. Should they all have just given up and ignored her like nothing happened? This is a serious question, that I would like a serious answer to. If you ignore this one, how are you supposed to control the other kids?

I would have dragged the desk and the recalcitrant child out of the room... and as far as "beating her ass" I grew up with that... and I made it a point to NEVER beat my kids ass.
There are intelligent ways to raise children.. perhaps researching some of those techniques might help stop the cycle so that it is not passed down thru the generations.

justme12001

I assume this is ok with everyone though, >:(

https://youtu.be/oRrU0R6pew0

no, this is not OK either.
And the teacher should be praised for not physically retaliating.
The kid should be severely punished (as in extra work to make him intelligenter)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

christelsabine

If parents need to beat their kids, somethings's wrong in the family.>:( My parents never needed it (we were a bunch of wild kids), I never needed to do (mine are wild, too).

Ok, so lack of discipline = wild kids

Thanks, let me write that one down.:D
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Thanks for that video it shows just the kinds of kids the teachers and students are facing these days. And I would like your question answered also. If the kid won't listen to 2 school officials and a cop who do you call next?

And Amazon if you were to have dragged that desk into the hall it would have been just as likely to flip over like in the cops video as the kid struggled.

As for normiss it's been almost 24 hours. Have you found it in yourself to admit you were wrong about the cops authority to arrest the kid yet? Amazon has already proved she can't.

piisfish

***I assume this is ok with everyone though, >:(

The kid should be severely punished (as in extra work to make him intelligenter)

Extra work for punishment???? That was battery!!! If you walked up to your boss and threw him in the ground would you get extra work or the cops called on you? This isn't elementary school that kid had to be 17-18 well old enough to know that is illegal.

normiss

What were the arrestable offenses?

Assaulting an officer is one, don't you think?

I'm not positive, because I wasn't there, didn't make the call, and don't know all of the schools policies.

It seems to me, the most logical reason that the police were called in was to simply remove the girl from the class. She was obviously being belligerent, not following the school rules, or mandated, or what ever you want to call them.

When she struck the cop, twice, the whole game changed.

Did he over react? I'll go with hell yeah.
Did he have justification to arrest her, absolutely.

You can't tell me she didn't know what she was getting into when she started acting like she did. It's not like she didn't know she wasn't supposed to use her cell phone. It isn't even like she wasn't aware he was a police officer. Unless she is completely socially inept, and doesn't understand the role of a police officer, she MUST be held accountable for her own actions in this.

He was doing his job. He was told to go to the school by his dispatch officer and deal with the incident. I'm not saying he did the all the right things, but he did most of them right.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

piisfish

***I assume this is ok with everyone though, >:(

How can you say that?!!!
That kid had every right to assault that teacher!!!
He should have been fined and dismissed if he didn't get injured enough when the kid slammed him to the ground. Extra credit for the kid, if he brought blood or a concussion on the teacher.

Think of the children.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

cvfd1399

******I assume this is ok with everyone though, >:(

Extra work for punishment???? That was battery!!! If you walked up to your boss and threw him in the ground would you get extra work or the cops called on you? This isn't elementary school that kid had to be 17-18 well old enough to know that is illegal.

Doode, extra work was for the teacher, he shouldn't have resisted. The studdnts are the ones that make the rules now, didn't you get the memo?

This is a problem. Rush to judgments and saving departments asses by burning officers either by firing them or or having them under so much fire they quit themselves instead of standing up to the black lives matter anti cop media.

In case of a true incident sure do what you have to do but I think here firing him was a bit too much. Another more relevant story.

There was an officer here under investigation for racist remarks on a traffic stop to a black couple. The officer voluntarily took and passed a polygraph and the black couple who alleged the comments refused to even take one. The media and citizens were slamming him so hard he ended up quitting.

So you have an officer who proved more than the other side he was innocent and ended up having to quit, and the other side that proved you can make false racist allegations and even if not true get a guy to quit.

Remember officer Darren Wilson.... Found not guilty and had to quit to protect the department and other officers because of media and community pressure for doing nothing wrong.

turtlespeed

******I assume this is ok with everyone though, >:(

How can you say that?!!!
That kid had every right to assault that teacher!!!
He should have been fined and dismissed if he didn't get injured enough when the kid slammed him to the ground. Extra credit for the kid, if he brought blood or a concussion on the teacher.

Think of the children.

Whenever I read such replies from you, it brings to mind the late Gerald Campion playing "Billy Bunter" on the BBC in the 1950s.
static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/6/11/1370951989133/Gerald-Campion-as-Billy-B-011.jpg

I just imagine your replies in Bunter's voice, and suddenly they all make sense.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

cvfd1399

Thanks for that video it shows just the kinds of kids the teachers and students are facing these days. And I would like your question answered also. If the kid won't listen to 2 school officials and a cop who do you call next?

And Amazon if you were to have dragged that desk into the hall it would have been just as likely to flip over like in the cops video as the kid struggled.

As for normiss it's been almost 24 hours. Have you found it in yourself to admit you were wrong about the cops authority to arrest the kid yet? Amazon has already proved she can't.

All it requires is a bit of finesse... something that those afflicted with testosterone rage seem to not understand. If 3 grown adults can not slide a dsk along a floor without it flipping then they are in the wrong professions like Officer SLAM was.
The point is you DO NOT throw young girls across a room... Officer Slam needs to be in JAIL for assault... as does the CRETIN who attacked the teacher.
He does not belong in a classroom... he needs to have some learnin administered in REFORM SCHOOL.

Spare the rod does not spoil a child...... it goes to quit making BULLIES who have learned violence from parents with severe anger issues when they showed their children how they are "getting their little asses kicked"

Amazon

***Thanks for that video it shows just the kinds of kids the teachers and students are facing these days. And I would like your question answered also. If the kid won't listen to 2 school officials and a cop who do you call next?

All it requires is a bit of finesse... something that those afflicted with testosterone rage seem to not understand. If 3 grown adults can not slide a dsk along a floor without it flipping then they are in the wrong professions like Officer SLAM was.
The point is you DO NOT throw young girls across a room... Officer Slam needs to be in JAIL for assault... as does the CRETIN who attacked the teacher.
He does not belong in a classroom... he needs to have some learnin administered in REFORM SCHOOL.

Spare the rod does not spoil a child...... it goes to quit making BULLIES who have learned violence from parents with severe anger issues when they showed their children how they are "getting their little asses kicked"

I got tore up as a kid often. As many here have and I did not turn out as the above. You said you were spanked. Did you turn into a bully. Outside of this forum that is.

So you are saying I am unintelligent, because I chose to spank my child when she was young. I find that very interesting.

I think it's actually the opposite! I have seen the way children that have been brought up with half threats and "time outs" act. I refuse to have a child that acts that way. My daughter has NEVER thrown a temper tantrum or had a "melt down" in a store or anywhere for that matter.

I also know how to tell my child "NO", which I'm sure you think is evil. She doesn't get everything she asks for. I have taught her to save money and to buy things that are important to her, not just the things she wants. She does very well in school, all AP classes with all A's and B's and if she stays on the coarse she is on, she will have finished all of her high school classes by the middle of 11th grade.

I say all this to make a point! I actually have a pretty high IQ and am fairly intelligent, I have raised a well behaved child that is also intelligent. So I take offense with your saying that there are intelligent ways to raise a child, and that i should go look them up. I know your "intelligent ways to raise a child" and for the most part I don't believe they work as well as a good old fashioned spanking.

cvfd1399

******Thanks for that video it shows just the kinds of kids the teachers and students are facing these days. And I would like your question answered also. If the kid won't listen to 2 school officials and a cop who do you call next?

I got tore up as a kid often. As many here have and I did not turn out as the above. You said you were spanked. Did you turn into a bully. Outside of this forum that is.

I truly am sorry for you.... getting torn up as a kid is a horrible thing... I was not just "spanked". I learned I did not react to every thing in life with violence. But you seem to like your status as bully in this forum and ASSUME everyone else is as well.. as do so many others. Go ahead and run with that[:/]

Amazon

*********Thanks for that video it shows just the kinds of kids the teachers and students are facing these days. And I would like your question answered also. If the kid won't listen to 2 school officials and a cop who do you call next?

I truly am sorry for you.... getting torn up as a kid is a horrible thing... I was not just "spanked". I learned I did not react to every thing in life with violence. But you seem to like your status as bully in this forum and ASSUME everyone else is as well.. as do so many others. Go ahead and run with that[:/]

Lmfao. It wasn't a horrible thing. I deserved it and learned from it. I don't paint myself as a victim as you do. SMH! If you were abused and are now scarred from it then I'm sorry but proper corporal punishment and abuse are two totally different things.