4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

yoink

***How's the Al Franken thing going? :P

Hopefully he gets kicked out. Wrong is wrong, regardless of party.
What's your point?
I suspect he's one of those "as long as I can blame someone in another party, what my guy did can be overlooked" types.

yoink

***How's the Al Franken thing going? :P

Hopefully he gets kicked out. Wrong is wrong, regardless of party.

What's your point?

His point is that it's the favorite "whatabout" on the table these days. A Republican molests children and everyone has an issue with that but whatabout the Democrat who tried to kiss a girl and took a frat house picture with her while she was asleep?

The answer to these questions is not moral relativism, that we should do some sort of prisoner swap to equate political rivalries but that both of these issues should be addressed and the person should receive the appropriate punishment. Nobody is backing off of the issue with Al Franken, MANY Republicans are willing to vote for a child molester because they're prioritizing politics.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I'm backing off Al Franken. At least in the sense that what he did was not even in the same league as what Moore did. Franken kissed a grown woman without her permission, and had someone take a stupid picture.

Moore molested a child and tried to stick his dick in another child's mouth.

They are NOT the same.

- Dan G

nolhtairt

How's the Al Franken thing going? :P

He should resign.
Moore should withdraw.

(But at least Franken wasn't claiming "family values" while having gay sex like these GOP hypocrites, or hitting on children like Moore).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

DanG

I'm backing off Al Franken. At least in the sense that what he did was not even in the same league as what Moore did. Franken kissed a grown woman without her permission, and had someone take a stupid picture.

They are NOT the same.

There's one more "inappropriate touching" incident that came up with him, he grabbed a girl's ass http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/politics/al-franken-inappropriate-touch-2010/index.html.

I agree that it's nowhere near the same but I speak about these two incidents with friends I still say that they should be dealt with or investigated as is appropriate to the action and people should vote according to their moral convictions.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

No, we shouldn't ignore the actions of either Franken or Moore. My beef is with the people who justify their support of Moore by claiming all politicians are sleezy and pointing to Franken.

Feanken's misbehavior does not excuse Moore's pedophilia or attempted rape.

- Dan G

DanG

They are NOT the same.

Franken admitted what he did, acknowledged it was wrong and apologized.
This is apparently not typical behavior.

Moore (and a lot of his supporters, including Ron on here) are claiming it's all false, it never happened, and that it's a "vast left wing media conspiracy."

Moore's supporters have even gone so far as to impersonate a newspaper reporter to enhance the idea of the 'media conspiracy.'
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

nolhtairt

******How's the Al Franken thing going? :P

He should resign.
Moore should withdraw.

Agree fully on both. I was just picking on you since you seem to call out the Republican scumbags. Not so much the other party's scumbags. :P

That because it's so easy - there are more of them.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The Democratic, or liberal list of people being called out as misogynists grows daily. More than enough scumbags to go around it seems
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Hi John,

Another scumbag politician.

And add another scumbag to that list; but you/we already knew that:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-says-republican-roy-moore-must-be-elected-alabama-n823026

Jerry Baumchen

PS) And from the worthless hag: Kellyanne Conway said on Monday that a Republican candidate — regardless of the allegations dogging him — is the administration's preference in the Alabama race.

Aaaaaand now it's John Conyers of Detroit (who's no prize regardless, with corruption scandals in his past). He's 88 and been in Congress since the mid 1960's. Even watching sterling sources like "The Dick Van Dyke Show" and "Mad Men," it's fairly clear that standards for acceptable behavior by men have changed. Some men have adapted, others haven't. Doesn't make it OK not to adapt, but makes it understandable.

Spiro Agnew was trapped by the same thing; he came from a time in politics when virtually everyone Maryland behaved as he had. He just left that pond for the national one, which had a more critical eye.

The unacceptable is the lack of self-examination and ability to change one's own behavior in response to actual circumstances. There is always room for personal improvement. And having a better guide than "the worst of one's opposition" is always good.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Aaaaaand now it's John Conyers of Detroit (who's no prize regardless, with corruption scandals in his past). He's 88 and been in Congress since the mid 1960's. Even watching sterling sources like "The Dick Van Dyke Show" and "Mad Men," it's fairly clear that standards for acceptable behavior by men have changed. Some men have adapted, others haven't. Doesn't make it OK not to adapt, but makes it understandable.

Spiro Agnew was trapped by the same thing; he came from a time in politics when virtually everyone Maryland behaved as he had. He just left that pond for the national one, which had a more critical eye.

The unacceptable is the lack of self-examination and ability to change one's own behavior in response to actual circumstances. There is always room for personal improvement. And having a better guide than "the worst of one's opposition" is always good.

Wendy P.

"“To the extent the House determines to look further at these issues, I will fully cooperate with an investigation,” Conyers said in a statement.

BuzzFeed News reported that the former staffer was paid more than $27,000 in the settlement in exchange for a confidentiality agreement.

Settlements handled through the process run by the Office of Compliance, which handles harassment and discrimination complaints from Capitol Hill staff, are typically paid out from a special fund operated by the Treasury.

But the settlement payments, in this case, were instead paid out from Conyers’s office over the course of three months. His office would “rehire” the former staffer as a “temporary employee,” even though she did not do any actual work, in order to make the payments."
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/361460-democrats-stop-short-of-demanding-conyers-step-down-from-powerful-committee

Seems like fraud to me. Conyers used false representations to steal funds from the state to conceal and cover up a civil wrongdoing pending action.

Hi John,

another scumbag politician

And we can add one more to the list:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/texas-congressman-joe-barton-apologizes-after-nude-photo-surfaces-n823426

“I am sorry I did not use better judgment during those days. I am sorry that I let my constituents down.”

:S

Jerry Baumchen

Not I. The only score I care about is "discovered vs still abusing their power."

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

JerryBaumchen

Hi John,

another scumbag politician

And we can add one more to the list:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/texas-congressman-joe-barton-apologizes-after-nude-photo-surfaces-n823426

“I am sorry I did not use better judgment during those days. I am sorry that I let my constituents down.”

:S

Jerry Baumchen

Please explain to me how Barton is a scumbag. He was on his way to a divorce, had concensual sex with women. He was photographed. I didn't hear anyone saying the women he was with were tricked into being photographed. I didn't hear anyone saying he was having sex with a goat in the photo.

We've come to expect perfection in our politicians and are shocked when we find out they are just people. Of course the media doesn't care. If they can put 'nude' and 'congressmen' in the same sentence they are overjoyed.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne