4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

Liberation theology was a reaction of the identification of priests (both catholic and episcopal) to the classism and miserable poverty throughout Latin America. It was not started by the soviets. It might have been encouraged by them, but only because that would sow discord. So jets were probably in favor of blue skies, too, but that doesn't make blue skies evil.

Ron, you and yours are not the determinants of good and evil. You have opinions just like the rest of us, but it's arrogant to think that you know the mind of God based on selective interpretation of the Bible by individuals. Even if you really, really trust those individuals.

Remember the story of the Samaritan; people you disagree with are well capable of good.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

JoeWeber

Here's one for you: Sin is the callous indifference to the plight of others.

No, that is individual preferential behavior. Sin is a Biblical concept for the Jew and the Christian.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Here's one for you: Sin is the callous indifference to the plight of others.

No, that is individual preferential behavior. Sin is a Biblical concept for the Jew and the Christian.

Well that's some good news. So are you saying that for heathens like me or Muslims or followers of the monkey God Hanuman there is no sin?

Romans 3:10
“There is none righteous, no, not one;
3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
5:12
Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—
5:8
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
10:13
For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
10:9,10
that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Does that mean anything to you?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

Romans 3:10
“There is none righteous, no, not one;
3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
5:12
Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—
5:8
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
10:13
For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
10:9,10
that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Does that mean anything to you?

Sure. It tells me you've been duped, How about:

1 Peter 2:18: "Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel."

1 Timothy 2:12 “I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.”

Psalm 137:9 “Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.”

There are oodles of awful, cruel and horrifying passages in the Good Book. I'm sure you know that but have some mind numbing explanation as to why certain verses are metaphors and others are, well, the gospel.

Hey, didn't the Commander quote something from the Book of Romans before he raped Offred?

JoeWeber

*********Is anyone keeping score?

Democrats vs. Republicans

Liberals vs. Conservatives

Christians vs. Others

Who gives A FLYING FUCK[/B] about keeping score?!?!?!? Why does this have to be partisan?

How will this ever get any better if a significant section of society says 'well that's a Christian (or Democrat, or Republican, or [insert group here]) problem'? Is there anything more important than petty point-scoring for you?

I thought some liberal types would have already done it. I was given them opportunity. And a Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Ron,

You are impossible. Because you are so locked into your beliefs and your holy book you simply cannot see any other position but your own. You have zero desire to learn from anyones perspective. It's either we agree with you or we are all wrong.

Go proselytize somewhere else, door to door for example. Here you can hide, not answer, equivocate, go to another thread and so on.

I'm serious. I see this forum as your low effort way to spread the word to fulfill your obligation with no real inconvenience.

Hypocracy and irony scores maxed out...
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Well, it appears you and I have nothing else to discuss at this point. Without accepting Christ and receiving the Holy Spirit the meaning of Scripture is lost.

Thirty-six years ago I experienced the life saving grace of God through salvation in Christ. My only obligation is to pay it forward by proclaiming the truth of the Gospel and sharing my testimony.

The choice is yours.

I wish you good luck as that is what you have left to accompany your intellect. Just know that luck is a respecter of persons, God is not.

RonD1120

Well, it appears you and I have nothing else to discuss at this point. Without accepting Christ and receiving the Holy Spirit the meaning of Scripture is lost.

Thirty-six years ago I experienced the life saving grace of God through salvation in Christ. My only obligation is to pay it forward by proclaiming the truth of the Gospel and sharing my testimony.

The choice is yours.

I wish you good luck as that is what you have left to accompany your intellect. Just know that luck is a respecter of persons, God is not.

It's quite unpleasant to permanently read your ongoing attempts to proselyte people - only based on your personal experiences decades ago when you were an..... alcoholic? addict? Something else I do not like to repeat here .... You and you alone selected that path for yourself when you decided that's the only way to go on/survive.

Do you really think you will convince anyone to believe the baloney you regularly are posting? I'm quite sure you never met *god* nor *Jesus* in your sober times - perhaps it was before?

Best part about your post is to learn that you are living somewhere deep in the mountains - good choice! :)B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

christelsabine

I'm quite sure you never met *god* nor *Jesus* in your sober times - perhaps it was before?

Actually, I have had several such meetings, on a reasonably regular basis. I refer to them as blessings, encounters with the Holy Spirit or more recently a Holy Instant. Life takes on a new rewarding excitement in Christ.

RonD1120

***I'm quite sure you never met *god* nor *Jesus* in your sober times - perhaps it was before?

Actually, I have had several such meetings, on a reasonably regular basis. I refer to them as blessings, encounters with the Holy Spirit or more recently a Holy Instant. Life takes on a new rewarding excitement in Christ.

Meetings? With whom? What did they/your meeting partners look like? Did you shake hands before starting the meetings?

How does the holy spirit look like? And the holy instant ..?

Was all of the above in day time?

dudeist skydiver # 3105

***Well, it appears you and I have nothing else to discuss at this point. Without accepting Christ and receiving the Holy Spirit the meaning of Scripture is lost.

The choice is yours.

I wish you good luck as that is what you have left to accompany your intellect. Just know that luck is a respecter of persons, God is not.[/quot

JoeWeber

***Well, it appears you and I have nothing else to discuss at this point. Without accepting Christ and receiving the Holy Spirit the meaning of Scripture is lost.

The choice is yours.

I wish you good luck as that is what you have left to accompany your intellect. Just know that luck is a respecter of persons, God is not.[/quot

I confess that I feel unhorsed having to say that you are right. Not that we actually had anything to discuss or had engaged in a dialogue that could be called a discussion. That said, as you point out, there is nothing more ahead of us.

After so often making my point for me without realizing you were doing so, to ice the cake at the end by actually stating it outright in plain english is greatly appreciated.

Unless I accept your Jesus and am saved, a moment at which a 2000 year old Holy Book filled with unintelligible jibberish, hateful ideas and conflictive messaging becomes the most wonderful, clear and loving tome ever produced, then I will never understand.

Well, if you are right then I am fucked. But you are not right. And regardless of what you believe I have something you will never have until you see the light. I have real reasons to believe.

Then why are you here making your religion seem so wrong? Did Satan send you to us?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Then why are you here making your religion seem so wrong? Did Satan send you to us?

I certainly believe that Satan is with you when you read my posts. He can only be dispelled by command in the Name of Jesus.

Christalsabine has made me realize that my fault in testimony sharing is that I am not expressing my experience of the love of God through Christ guided by the Holy Spirit. I have to work on that.

Sometimes the ecstasy of His love is so powerful it makes my knees weak. Most times He simply gives me comfort as a child would feel in his mother's arms.

How I explain that to hard hearted skydivers who have achieved personal success in several areas of life?

How do I explain that to hard hearted skydivers who have achieved personal success in several areas

What you said about how it makes you feel and how you help others is perfect. What you say about how it makes you judge is not. The best way to bring people is to be a happy example, not to try to point out the weakness in their lives. Let them figure it out, because you may have as inaccurate a picture of their lives as they have of yours.

Really.

When you imply that all good people think like you, then the fairly natural inference is that I'm therefore a bad person in your estimation. Why, after implying that, you'd think I'd pay any attention whatsoever to what you want for me is a mystery. Trying to scare me with stories of the form of hell you believe in is assuming I have either a lack of sophistication or a personal brokenness that is presumptuous.

Note that I'm someone who has been part of a religious community, and who has felt that loved feeling. Imagine, then, the reactions of people who aren't missing it at all. And before you start working on me, my religious community was a VERY liberal UCC one, which you would likely say isn't Christian.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Thanks for the feedback.

Liberal and conservative are political ideologies in my mind. They have nothing to do regarding a relationship with God through Christ.

rushmc

************Is anyone keeping score?

Democrats vs. Republicans

Liberals vs. Conservatives

Christians vs. Others

Who gives A FLYING FUCK[/B] about keeping score?!?!?!? Why does this have to be partisan?

How will this ever get any better if a significant section of society says 'well that's a Christian (or Democrat, or Republican, or [insert group here]) problem'? Is there anything more important than petty point-scoring for you?

I thought some liberal types would have already done it. I was given them opportunity. And a Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Ron,

You are impossible. Because you are so locked into your beliefs and your holy book you simply cannot see any other position but your own. You have zero desire to learn from anyones perspective. It's either we agree with you or we are all wrong.

Go proselytize somewhere else, door to door for example. Here you can hide, not answer, equivocate, go to another thread and so on.

I'm serious. I see this forum as your low effort way to spread the word to fulfill your obligation with no real inconvenience.

Hypocracy and irony scores maxed out...

The word is spelled hypocrisy I'm pretty sure a Hypocracy is government by Hypochondriacs. You should look it up.

gowlerk

It's pointless to go after Marc for his spelling and grammar. It's best to just laugh to yourself over it and consider the source.

Marc's spelling and grammar are very well matched to his grasp of facts and logic.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.