4 4
kallend

Another scumbag politician.

loudtom

Be positive, be truthful, don’t be righteous, be productive and solutions oriented. Or shut up.
Start Now.

What is positive about an elected official who's a tax cheat?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Be positive, be truthful, don’t be righteous, be productive and solutions oriented. Or shut up.
Start Now.

What is positive about an elected official who's a tax cheat?

The funniest newspaper editorial endorsement ever?

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/editorial-grimm-choice-article-1.1995032
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

kallend

And another. An NY assemblyman (R) who just last June voted against a medical marijuana bill, caught with weed in his car. Hypocrite!

Well, keep in mind that it's a "representative republic."

The lawmakers are supposed to vote what their constituency wants, not necessarily their own beliefs.

Obviously, he is owned by the "religious right" and the "Law and Order" communites, who hate any sort of legalization. And the pharmaceutical industry, who don't want to see their profits eroded.

:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

kallend

And another. An NY assemblyman (R) who just last June voted against a medical marijuana bill, caught with weed in his car. Hypocrite!

Hmmm. So, having his own beliefs, and then voting as his constituency wants, makes him a hypocrite.

So every democrat that says they are against abortion, but vote as the public wants is a hypocrite as well.

Gotcha.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The lawmakers are supposed to vote what their constituency wants, not necessarily their own beliefs.

No they're not. That's an impossible expectation.

If that was the way it worked you'd need to poll the electorate on every issue then send any old schmuck to capitol hill with a list of yes and noes. It'd be like having a referendum on everything.

What is actually supposed to happen is that a politician (and/or party) sets out their platform and positions and the one that more people agree with more of the time gets elected.

So if a politician has said in his manifesto that he is against any legalisation of soft drugs, voted as such, but uses those same drugs himself then yeah, he's a hypocritical douchebag.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

If that was the way it worked you'd need to poll the electorate on every issue then send any old schmuck to capitol hill with a list of yes and noes. It'd be like having a referendum on everything.

What is actually supposed to happen is that a politician (and/or party) sets out their platform and positions and the one that more people agree with more of the time gets elected.

So if a politician has said in his manifesto that he is against any legalisation of soft drugs, voted as such, but uses those same drugs himself then yeah, he's a hypocritical douchebag.

You aren't from here are you?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

kallend

The sex stuff is mostly amusing, except having a relationship with a complainant in a domestic abuse case he was prosecuting. Steering funds to a family business is another matter.

turtlespeed

If a representative had to vote the way his constituents wanted on all matters, we wouldn't be a republic at all and we wouldn't need representatives.

We are, however, a REPUBLIC, not a democracy.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

If a representative had to vote the way his constituents wanted on all matters, we wouldn't be a republic at all and we wouldn't need representatives.

We are, however, a REPUBLIC, not a democracy.

True, but for the most part you expect the elected official to agree with your views and vice versa, if you helped get him elected. For instance, I would not expect bill Flores to suddenly acquire a need to vote on banning guns.

Actually, I don't necessarily expect them to accord with all my views, since no one does. I do expect them to consider issues evenly, think about the various downstream consequences of decisions (though I'd prefer that the political consequences took hind seat [:/]), and vote according to the greatest good for both their constituents and the American people.

I've voted for plenty enough republicans to understand that. And plenty enough democrats (and libertarians and greens :)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

kallend

GOP anti-gay-rights pol turns out to have a profile on a gay dating website.

Another hypocrite.

www.goshennews.com/news/goshen-city-council-candidate-gay-profile-is-mine/article_de2e51e0-7924-11e5-9e5b-6bfb77f90580.html

"He said he wasn’t sure how this matter will affect him moving forward, but Randall believes Goshen is a welcoming and understanding community."

This is the same town where all the churches got together and picketed every store that sold "Playboy" magazine. The stores all caved and stopped selling it.

I know because it was my hometown. I left in 1986 to go to college, and never went back.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Another hypocrite.

www.goshennews.com/news/goshen-city-council-candidate-gay-profile-is-mine/article_de2e51e0-7924-11e5-9e5b-6bfb77f90580.html

"He said he wasn’t sure how this matter will affect him moving forward, but Randall believes Goshen is a welcoming and understanding community."

This is the same town where all the churches got together and picketed every store that sold "Playboy" magazine. The stores all caved and stopped selling it.

I know because it was my hometown. I left in 1986 to go to college, and never went back.

Well you can go back home now - playboy doesn't show nudity anymore, anyway.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

kallend

Another hypocrite.

He might be a hypocrite if he's just doing this to get elected again, but perhaps he really believes that the LBGT community is already protected under the law and therefore have no need for special protections - as he already stated.

I wouldn't expect politicians to vote a particular way based solely on their race, sex, religion, age, etc. Should black politicians be labeled as hypocrites simply because they feel affirmative action or some other "black cause" isn't necessary as defined by the mob mentality?

It's interesting to see how liberal tolerance and fairness to minorities doesn't extend across party lines.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

kallend

O M G. Good thing the democrats set a better example than all these dirty republicans.

Former Rep. Frank Ballance, D-N.C.
The former congressman was sentenced to four years in prison on October 12, 2005 for conspiring to defraud taxpayers.

Former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman, Democrat
Siegelman was found guilty of bribery, mail fraud and obstruction of justice on June 29, 2006. He was sentenced to 88 months in prison.

Former Rep. William Jefferson, D-La.
The former congressman was convicted of 11 counts of bribery and sentenced to 13 years in prison on November 13, 2009. This was after the FBI seized $90,000 from Jefferson's home freezer.

Former Birmingham Ala. Mayor Larry Langford, Democrat
The former mayor of Birmingham was sentenced to 15 years in prison for conspiracy, bribery, fraud, money laundering, and filing false tax returns on March 5, 2010.

Former Hartford, Conn. Mayor Eddie Perez, Democrat
The former mayor of Hartford, Conn. was sentenced to eight years in prison on five corruption charges on September 14, 2010.

Former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards, Democrat
On June 3, 2011, the former presidential hopeful was indicted by a North Carolina grand jury on six felony charges, including four counts of collecting illegal campaign contributions, one count of conspiracy and one count of making false statements.

Former Illinois Gov. Rob Blagojeich, Democrat
The former governor was sentenced to 14 years in prison on Dec. 7, 2011 on 18 corruption convictions, including trying to sell a senate seat that became vacant when the nation elected President Barack Obama.

Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, Democrat
The former mayor of Detroit was sentenced to 28 years in prison on Oct. 10, 2013 for corruption. According to a report by the Detroit Free Press, the investigation that ultimately took down Kilpatrick spanned a decade and "also has resulted in convictions against 33 other people."

Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., D-Ill.
The democrat congressman reported to prison on Oct. 29, 2013 after being convicted of illegally spending $750,000 in campaign money on personal items.

RopeaDope

O M G. Good thing the democrats set a better example than all these dirty republicans.

Former Rep. Frank Ballance, D-N.C.
The former congressman was sentenced to four years in prison on October 12, 2005 for conspiring to defraud taxpayers.

Former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman, Democrat
Siegelman was found guilty of bribery, mail fraud and obstruction of justice on June 29, 2006. He was sentenced to 88 months in prison.

Former Rep. William Jefferson, D-La.
The former congressman was convicted of 11 counts of bribery and sentenced to 13 years in prison on November 13, 2009. This was after the FBI seized $90,000 from Jefferson's home freezer.

Former Birmingham Ala. Mayor Larry Langford, Democrat
The former mayor of Birmingham was sentenced to 15 years in prison for conspiracy, bribery, fraud, money laundering, and filing false tax returns on March 5, 2010.

Former Hartford, Conn. Mayor Eddie Perez, Democrat
The former mayor of Hartford, Conn. was sentenced to eight years in prison on five corruption charges on September 14, 2010.

Former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards, Democrat
On June 3, 2011, the former presidential hopeful was indicted by a North Carolina grand jury on six felony charges, including four counts of collecting illegal campaign contributions, one count of conspiracy and one count of making false statements.

Former Illinois Gov. Rob Blagojeich, Democrat
The former governor was sentenced to 14 years in prison on Dec. 7, 2011 on 18 corruption convictions, including trying to sell a senate seat that became vacant when the nation elected President Barack Obama.

Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, Democrat
The former mayor of Detroit was sentenced to 28 years in prison on Oct. 10, 2013 for corruption. According to a report by the Detroit Free Press, the investigation that ultimately took down Kilpatrick spanned a decade and "also has resulted in convictions against 33 other people."

Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., D-Ill.
The democrat congressman reported to prison on Oct. 29, 2013 after being convicted of illegally spending $750,000 in campaign money on personal items.

Now... in the interest of fairness.. go find the list of shame for the GOP over that same 10 year period...

Just sayin.... a crook is a crook and no matter the party affiliation they need to spend some quality time with other crooks in the FEDERAL pen... and not a damn country club version either....

Your words are wise and truthful. I just noticed a pattern of only GOPs being blasted and therefor, in the interest of fairness, pointed out that all (ALL) politicians are corrupt.

That's why I want to see a president who is not a lifelong politician this next term ( but not The Donald). Our forefathers didn't make lifelong careers out of manipulating the government for personal gain. They were nominated and voted and did what the people asked them to do and then went back to their farms.