Viking

Whats your Name and what do you do for a living?

My name is Tom and I'm presently "between jobs", which makes jumping difficult and infrequent. I was a final assembly inspector at Boeing in the Seattle area until I got laid off last year. Then I had an inspection gig at a shitty little sweatshop in Orange Cty that was so bad I quit on the assholes one day after lunch. I'm trying to do a mid life career change and maybe even find something I like, if it pays well that would be a real plus. "I really love working with people".

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

My name is Bruno R. Rodriguez, thats Rodriguez by birth not by cult. Thats important to say because contrary to what some actually think, Rodriguez is a Spanish last name not some Mexican Aztec last name which obviously I have nothing to do with. Anyway I am a telecom engineer when I am working.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

My name is Robert Villalobos and I am a Network Administrator. At least thats what I do to pay for jumping. Its a lot of stress. Nothing like hacker movies make it out to be.

whaaaaat.. you don't stakteboard through the server room and insist people call you by your handle and sleep with the CEO?

wuss!!!

'eh... 1 out of 3 ain't bad.. used to rollerblade through the serverroom & office. B|

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

My name is April and I work for a Defense Contractor, basically I run our customer conferenceing center so I make my company look good for our customers. :-) Good job to have until I screw up!! But it pays the bissl and it supports the habit!! Skydiving that is.. :P

take the time to appreciate the people around you.

Right now, i'm working for a floral shop, which i think is a pretty gay job. [:/]

sds

:););););)

I think that's about the funniest thing I heard all day.

Okay, my name is Matt and I am currently working in a SW Development Testing position for a large networking company (read: THE Largest) in the Bay Area. I am in a contract position and seek full-time work with benefits. ;)

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

gean viner here. i am a mech eng and work for one of the "big 3" car manufacturers (blue oval). that is what i do to earn a living.

now what do i do for a living...skydive, appreciate and learn music, write, try to find a fulfilling relationship, dance and i am contemplating quitting my job and go travel through south america for 6 months...what do you think

learn to fly in 3d

Hello "Arthur", my birth name is Donna, but you may call me Princess! My fancy shmancy business card says I am a Disaster Response Coordinator for a State agency. I also appear on the Emergency Management Council and other entities for this agency. The truth is that I love what I do because I have direct contact with and an opportunity to help victims of disasters (natural or man-made). I also work with people who are very dedicated. The stressful part of the truth is that I do NOT take home a big salary, but I can and do buy Top Ramen by the case (it's all about the skydive)!!
At one time in my life I earned the PP SEL license, but now I have the best of both worlds: I fly up in a small plane and then get to jump out!
Skydiving is as close as humans can come to flying since we lost the ability so very long ago...
Attitude is everything!

originally posted

Jul 16, 2001, 3:43 PM

This post was edited by SkymonkeyONE on May 18, 2003, 3:15 PM)

I retired as a career Army Special Forces NCO assigned to Fort Bragg, North Carolina with 21 years of service.

No fair using the magical moderator powers to edit your post long long after!!! Next thing you know you'll be editing out that single silly thing you ever said online :P

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

My Name's Marguerite and I work in Membership and Promotions at my local NPR station, KPLU 88.5FM Seattle/Tacoma. zzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ

The last mosquito that bit me had to book into the Betty Ford Clinic. -Patsy

No fair using the magical moderator powers to edit your post long long after!!! Next thing you know you'll be editing out that single silly thing you ever said online

I have SO done that! That said, feel free to PM me anytime you regret something you have said which you wish you could erase or edit. I am good at fixing things.;)

My name is Chuck Blue and I am a moderator on dropzone.com (among other things)

No fair using the magical moderator powers to edit your post long long after!!! Next thing you know you'll be editing out that single silly thing you ever said online

Hey, we do this for free. You gotta let us have some fun with our magic buttons! :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I have SO done that! That said, feel free to PM me anytime you regret something you have said which you wish you could erase or edit. I am good at fixing things.

He's not kidding about this. Thanks again Chuck.

Chris