Calvin19

Vasectomy! younger guy, what do i say/do?

Tell the doctor that you believe that if you ever changed your mind about having kids, which you consider to be a very unlikely possibility, that you would be more than happy to adopt a child.

Then go into a lecture about all the children who are out there that desperately need homes. Tell him that you would personally feel guilty and very irresponsible if you accidentally created a life, due to being unable to have a fool-proof birth control method, and had to put that unwanted child up for adoption. Bring statistics on unwanted children in the US to your appointment to show that you're educated on this matter. That might help.

I don't think many people would try to talk someone out of adopting all of their children. So why talk someone out of a choice not to have any biological children of their own. They can still raise children if that is what they so desire.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Bravo. Just what I was thinking.

IMO, if the guy wants to have the vasectomy, let him. I'll never understand why people feel the need to tell other people what to do with their body.

There are enough children in this world that need parents then there are to go around.

Besides, if the OP changes his mind later in life, let him go through the process to reverse the vasectomy.

Leave the poor guy alone. He doesn't want children. I applaud him for stepping up and admitting it, which doesn't make him any less of a man.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Besides, if the OP changes his mind later in life, let him go through the process to reverse the vasectomy.

If it done well there is no reversal, I know for a fact rthat mine is not going to be reversed, the ammount of vas defrens that was cut prevents reattachement, and the ends of all four cuts were heat sealed (i cant spell cautarised).

Leave the poor guy alone. He doesn't want children. I applaud him for stepping up and admitting it, which doesn't make him any less of a man.

Whilst i have no issue with him wanting a snip job, poor guyis not how i would respond to he's attitude
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I am childless by choose. I made this decision at the age of 18 and never looked back. I was never a girl to play with dolls. I played baseball. I never wanted children. I tried to get my tubes tied when I was 18 and again when I was 21. I was told that I have to have permission from my husband to get the procedure done, my now ex would not sign the papers. I wish you well in your journey through the medical grid mill. Some of the reasons I gave for the procedure were pulled from my family health history. I was able to show that all my family (both sides) has a poor health history (cancer, diabetic, heart disease)and almost all of it is passed on.

I think you should have the snip as a matter of principle. The prospect of you contributing to the gene pool scares the hell out of everyone, thankfully you in particular.

Please dude, have the snip and go anal until you're certain you're firing blanks

Whilst i have no issue with him wanting a snip job, poor guyis not how i would respond to he's attitude

I think he's just frustrated and venting;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

and being a father would DESTROY my life. maybe not yours, or someone elses, but it would END mine.
I dont sleep around, well, not lately :P, and i have never made a mess of a bed with any girl that i didnt know her sexual history.

why dont you just abstain? your so against children anyway, maybe you might find some peace in not having to worry about whether or not she (whomever you have sex with) is pregnant, with out having to do the surgery.

I am 37, and STILL preparing myself to be a father, my life is in order, I have traveled, I am at peace, and have the ultimate life partner (the word wife does not do her justice)...and still I am training myself and ensuring that when we do have a (one only) we will provide a paradise of a life for the him/her. just some thoughts...not preaching.

I think he's just frustrated and venting;)

He seems to be frustrated and venting quite a lot:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Im IQ 143.
But in my journal, i keep a numbered list of reasons i dont want children, or hate children.

last time i wrote one in it was up to about 840ish. i might type it up someday. im sure there is repeats, a bunch. but oh well.

best baby line'''

(baby screaming in moab diner restaraunt saturday morning)....

the place was silent besides the stupid kid,

i YELLED-
"THROW IT AWAY!!.... ITS BROKEN!!!!)

Im glad everyone laughed, but kinda sad that they thought i was jokeing.

gee, i guess you never cryed when you were an infant...

you sound selfish...so why dont you go listen to your Ipod to drain out the world...

My brother went through that, too. He'd said all his life that he didn't want children, He went to the family Dr. and told him that, and told him that he wanted a vasectomy.

My family Dr. told him to wait, to see if that really was his choice.

That statement, told to my brother when he was about your age and knowing the idential things you know, prevented my brother from having a vasectomy. I have two neices and a nephew now, thanks to my family Dr,s wisdom and foresight.

Ciels-
Michele

I've never met your brother Michele but I have met the complex creature known as Calvin. I can tell you he is living a very different life than your brother is living. I do believe him in all that he says and I don't think these things will mellow when he is in his 30's or 40's.

He has some dreams to live out and they are going to be a tuff match for any family situation.

You're only 22. Wait. You don't know anything yet.

WTFO?
so what if i am 22? what soes thathave to do with anything?
I know i want this, I have been wanting it since i was 16.
do YOU have a problem with this? or is it just an insult?

i don'tthink he ment it as in insult. The person you are when you're 22 is not the same person at 32

Nope, I didn't.

No need to say anything else in this thread, as others have already said it as good as I could have.

by the way, I froze up some of my swimmers, so thats always an option.>:( i only did that to upease the Urologist.

So basically there is nothing stopping you from the procedure and assuring you complete control over your reproductive rights and resposibility.

Tell the doctor you already have six kids with various unwed mothers and they will gladly do you.

by the way, I froze up some of my swimmers, so thats always an option.>:( i only did that to upease the Urologist.

So basically there is nothing stopping you from the procedure and assuring you complete control over your reproductive rights and resposibility.

Tell the doctor you already have six kids with various unwed mothers and they will gladly do you.

or tell him the truth....that you hate kids, are selfish, never want to be taken care of by some young nurse when your busted up from jumping, or too old to make it to the bathroom by your self.

Hey guys,

What happened to the rules about Personal Attacks? There's a lot of people being unpleasant in this thread. If you don't like the guy, that's fine, but there's no reason to trample all over a thread that's just asking for information.

dave.

bob.dino how does that look:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I am childless by choose. I made this decision at the age of 18 and never looked back. I was never a girl to play with dolls. I played baseball. I never wanted children. I tried to get my tubes tied when I was 18 and again when I was 21. I was told that I have to have permission from my husband to get the procedure done, my now ex would not sign the papers. I wish you well in your journey through the medical grid mill. Some of the reasons I gave for the procedure were pulled from my family health history. I was able to show that all my family (both sides) has a poor health history (cancer, diabetic, heart disease)and almost all of it is passed on.

I'm in the exact same position.No doctor would let me have a tubal ligation unless I had either already had ATLEAST 2 kids or I turned 35 and had the paper signed by my husband.Well, I'm 24 so thats not going to work.

My family has numerous health history problems that I dont want to pass along (heart disease,diabetes,cancer etc) but I am also Bipolar,and theres a good chance of the child being Bipolar.Not to mention I would have to stop taking all medications for this disorder while pregnant.Seeing how I would be unmedicated and very hormonal/emotional I might not survive the pregnancy.Even if I did, I dont want to give this disorder to another,especially my own child.But even w/o all the medical problems, I've never wanted children.

Luckily I'm married to someone who shares my views and also doesnt want children.The only problem was that our insurance had a policy that you had to have fathered atleast 2 children or be over the age of 36.My husband recently called them after his 36th birthday to confirm all this and they have dropped all those restrictions.So he will be going for a vasectomy soon aswell.We are very sure of our decision and have decided that if we ever change our minds we would adopt.

So, to the original poster: although you've obviously already talked with your doctor, you might want to make sure your insurance is going to cover this procedure for a patient of your age (if they have a restriction like ours did).Because if they did have age/child restrictions,then all this venting and ranting is for nothing.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

I felt the same way. I only just got the procedure done. Why should people tell you what you need. There's plenty of swedish, brazilian women out there to adopt:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I was 24 years old . I had to visit 3 doctors but I never gave up. I just told them THIS IS WHAT I REALLY WANTED... best thing I ever did.... I look behind me now at the age of 51 and I see allot of broken hearts and dreams. I recovered well from the broken hearts and dreams. and all thoes piles of money I would have paid to lawyers and to child support I kept and made a ton of skydives. Keep your dream alive stand up for yourself. be the captain of your ship do not fall asleep at the wheel.Stand firm and keep looking for a doc who well do it. You'll be so glad you did..
R.

i knew from the age of 16 i didnt want kids it took me till 34 yrs old to get the snip should of got it done earlier save wearing those shitty rubber things for a year..lol
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Just talk with your urologist.

There are sometimes legal restrictions on permanent sterilization. Medicaid patients have to sign a title 19 which required that they be over 21 or Medicaid will NOT pay for their tubal. (but you're 22, so shouldn't be a block)

There are issues of regret and possible future desires especially if under 30 years old. (but since you've put some on ice, that shouldn't matter)

Personally, I feel that if an ADULT decides that he/she does or does not want to have children, that's a choice that he/she should be allowed to make. You can choose to go into the military, you can choose to have plastic surgery, you can decide on tatoos and piercings.... You should be able to decide whether you want to have children or not.

However... that being said.... I have talked some ladies in their early 20's into the IUD as a method of contraception. Mainly cuz it's as effective, less risk (no surgery) and reversible. But... if she was adamant and said "I do NOT want any more children. I understand what this means." I listen.

Good Luck

I've never wanted kids. I told my family this when I was 18, and got the "You'll change your mind" speech. Ten years later, I think having a vasectomy would be one of the better decisions of my life.

Now that I'm older, I've realized why I shouldn't have children. I'm too selfish, have no interest in raising another human being, and would rather spend my time and money on me. The last thing I need to do is have a kid just to placate others.

http://www.vhemt.org
"Fuck that. I'll take a good ass-pounding over a bj any day." -- pyrotech

Ok, so 11 months ago, before i crashed, THREE days after i crashed, i would have had a vasectomy appointment, with the Urologist to see me and why i wanted a vasectomy.

Now, i am mostly recovered, and the appointment is on the 2nd. I need to know what to say to the Doc, I need to be able to convince him that this is a good idea for me.

No problemo:)
Tell the dude you've been busy and already have 3-5 kids with different moms and the child support is eating you up.[:/]

R.I.P.

I am 22 years old, birthday may 20, 1984
I KNOW that i never want kids, I know that i would be a bad father, a bad husband, etc.

so, what should i bring? what should i say?

please help.