Calvin19

Vasectomy! younger guy, what do i say/do?

Why does it matter to you if he has biological children or not?

He can always adopt.

If he wants a vasectomy, he should get one.

Personally, I have always thought from a very young age that I do not want kids. I have also always thought (maybe from age 7) that if I was going to have kids I would gladly adopt.

My boyfriend (of almost 5 years) has talked about getting a vasectomy but I like using birth control for various reasons and I get it free, so there is really no need right now.

If someday I had a bad reaction to birth control or something like that, we would probably discuss a vasectomy very seriously. I would be frustrated as hell if we discussed this, but doctors wouldn't cooperate.

I don't understand why so many of you are pushing him to have biological children of his own someday, seriously, why the hell do you care?

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Just remember if you want to have a vasectomy because you plan on not being commited to a women, which means you will most likely be sleeping around, then you will still need to use a condom.

And not just for you, but for the other women who will have to share your past partners also.

And most vasectomies can be reversed and doctors know that.
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

Thought I would add a moral adult viewpoint to this conversation.

Dunno whether this has been pointed out or not in this thread. But your situation is ripe for lots of ANAL SEX. Don't snip it. Take blatant advantage of your girlfriends desire to not use the pill.

Hooray.

edit for poooor spuling
"In one way or the other, I'm a bad brother. Word to the motherf**ker." Eazy-E

its not about that, its about you altering your body with a near unreversible procedure that you may regret later in life. if you dont want kids be responsible and don't have any, whats the big deal about wearing a condom?

Condoms are not a particularly dependable form of birth control. Not dependable enough for my peace of mind, that's for certain.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

In the event you change your mind, you could have the vasectomy reversed.

So, it really isn't "permanent".

Do some research on the reversal process and show them that you really thought it through completely.

I disagree on both points. Reversal rates don't show them to be particular successful, and by stating that you've done your homework on reversal, you're admitting there's a question in your mind.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I am 22 years old, birthday may 20, 1984
I KNOW that i never want kids, I know that i would be a bad father, a bad husband, etc.

so, what should i bring? what should i say?

please help.

I first tried to get a vasectomy at 19, then again 26. The doctor said "no way" both times. He told me the only guys that age who he would do vasectomies on were guys who were obviously psychos who shouldn't have kids.

I think the best thing to do is probably to shop around for a doctor who will do it.

Walt

I am 22 years old, birthday may 20, 1984
I KNOW that i never want kids, I know that i would be a bad father, a bad husband, etc.

so, what should i bring? what should i say?

please help.

I first tried to get a vasectomy at 19, then again 26. The doctor said "no way" both times. He told me the only guys that age who he would do vasectomies on were guys who were obviously psychos who shouldn't have kids.

I think the best thing to do is probably to shop around for a doctor who will do it.

Walt

First time seeing that doc, huh? :D:D:D
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Tell the doctor this, i am sure he will then realise you are fucked up and should not have kids. You get what you want and their is no child born in this world that has a father that fucked up.

Tell him that, it should work cause when i read that i imagined straight away you being a fucking pshycopath.

I am not attacking you just saying my opinion from what you have written.

Im IQ 143.
But in my journal, i keep a numbered list of reasons i dont want children, or hate children.

last time i wrote one in it was up to about 840ish. i might type it up someday. im sure there is repeats, a bunch. but oh well.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Ask the Dr. if there has been studies of long term problems, say 15-20 years after the big V. I had mine in 1985 after 4 kids and I had to go recently for pain in my testicles. The Dr. said there were a lot of problems with it (Sperm granuloma is found in up to 60% of vasectomized men at vasectomy reversal. It is a hard lump formed as a result of sperm leakage from the cut vas deferens. Sperm granuloma is not dangerous but may be painful in 3% of the procedures. Pain caused by granuloma usually responds to conservative treatment but excision of sperm granuloma may be performed occasionally.) Mine turned out okay", but the pain was more than moderate IMHO

steveOrino

i knew from the age of 16 i didnt want kids it took me till 34 yrs old to get the snip should of got it done earlier save wearing those shitty rubber things for a year..lol

This is an issue that I'm surprised didn't come up eariler in the discussion. Having your nuts clipped doesn't take away the possiblity of contracting an STD, or passing on a STD like HPV to the girl. Having safe sex doesn't just mean making sure she doesn't get pregnant!

or passing on a STD like HPV to the girl.

You dont need to worry about that, Nearly three out of four Americans between the ages of 15 and 49 have been infected with genital HPV in their lifetime.

Pretty much a sure thing over in america.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Condoms are not a particularly dependable form of birth control. Not dependable enough for my peace of mind, that's for certain.

I have a medical condition that does not allow me to take any form of hormonal birth control. That said, my husband and I have been using condoms as our sole method of birth control for 10 years, and no little one yet! It's been very dependable for us.

As for the topic on hand: I believe everyone has a right to make their own decisions about procreation.
Jen

Having your nuts clipped doesn't take away the possiblity of contracting an STD,

REALLY?
:o:o:o
oh shit!
:(B|

I thought that when i got snipped, i would be totaly imune to ALL kinds of STDs! poop! I thought i would even never get cancer from the sun because my balls were severed.

Does this procedure ONLY mean i cant have kids?

man, i dono if not being able to have kids is worth never getting any disease ever again.

:D:D:D:D:DB|:P:)>:([:/]B|:ph34r::|:o:D;):P:(

Having your nuts clipped doesn't take away the possiblity of contracting an STD,

REALLY?
:o:o:o
oh shit!
:(B|

I thought that when i got snipped, i would be totaly imune to ALL kinds of STDs! poop! I thought i would even never get cancer from the sun because my balls were severed.

Does this procedure ONLY mean i cant have kids?

man, i dono if not being able to have kids is worth never getting any disease ever again.

:D:D:D:D:DB|:P:)>:([:/]B|:ph34r::|:o:D;):P:(

Why ask for help if you know everything? People offer their opinions, if you don't like them you don't have to attack them.

Have you studied the risks associated with the surgery? I know someone that complains of having pain that comes and goes because of the surgery. Have you found out if your insurance company will cover the operation?

PS: If you want it, just get it, it isn't that hard. "Doctor, I want a vasectomy because I do not want to reproduce for moral/ethical/emotional/... reasons. If you will not give me a vasectomy I will go to another doctor." Problem solved.

PPS: Please stop adding to the stereotype ("I'm twenty something, I have been threw everything, I know everything, ...").
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

its very simple.

"I'm 22. I'm Skydiver. ie i Jump off things for fun I. I go on regularly unplanned 4-5 day drinking binges and unexplained disappearances. Often wakes up in strange beds with Stranger women.."

"do i sound like the kind of person who needs to be raising kids?"

Freeze some sperm, youve always got a way out..

the LAST thing the world needs is more kids by more parents WHO KNEW they didnt want children in the first plance, but were talked out of it by an interfering doctor who should simply do his job and STFU...

I think DR's have changed When i went he basically asked so, you don't want kids. My answer Hell no. Ok what date is good for you and what insurance do you carry?
I paid $200 for the whole procedure and that included knocking me out totally. God bless insurance:D At no point did he try and talk me out of it
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

You dont need to worry about that, Nearly three out of four Americans between the ages of 15 and 49 have been infected with genital HPV in their lifetime.

Yes, and they contracted it through sex. And no, it's not pretty much a sure thing over in America! It can prevented easily.

I think DR's have changed When i went he basically asked so, you don't want kids. My answer Hell no. Ok what date is good for you and what insurance do you carry?
I paid $200 for the whole procedure and that included knocking me out totally. God bless insurance:D At no point did he try and talk me out of it

Yeah but maybe you're not as good looking as the topic started and the doctor didn't want you to reproduce anyways.. :P (runs away)

Yes, and they contracted it through sex. And no, it's not pretty much a sure thing over in America! It can prevented easily.

Whats the point in you preventing it if you all have it?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Whats the point in you preventing it if you all have it?

Certain strains of HPV are known to cause Cervical Cancer....[:/] Most of the time it does no harm to men, but can do serious damage to women. B|
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto