Misslmperfect

American Idol

How about a Ramones week!! Now that would be fun!

David A doing Teenage Lobotomy.

Brooke could do Psycho-therapy.

Syesha doing KKK took my baby away.

Carley doing "Sheena is a Punk Rocker"

Dread Boy doing "I wanna be sedated"

And have David C close the show doing "Beat on the Brat" and actually do it by smacking David A around a bit.

Would go down as the GREATEST Idol show in history!!

YEAH! :)
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Here's a link for David Cook's pre-idol music........

Downloadable too....;)

http://www.davidcooktheamericanidol.com/music/

Or go here...........you'll find it ALL!

http://jonwire.blogspot.com/

Michael Johns music........scroll down the page to the post with links........

http://www.michael-johns.org/Pre-Idol-Music-Video-and-Audio-Links-t5.html

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Andrew Lloyd Weber week...hmm...Hasn't Simon consistently critcized contestants for sounding like they should be on Broadway?:S

The judges always said not to try to do a Mariah song. What do the producers do? Book Mariah.:S

In two weeks the mentor will be Julie from the Love Boat. The theme...well, you can figure it out.:D

Andrew Lloyd Weber week...hmm...Hasn't Simon consistently critcized contestants for sounding like they should be on Broadway?:S

The judges always said not to try to do a Mariah song. What do the producers do? Book Mariah.:S

In two weeks the mentor will be Julie from the Love Boat. The theme...well, you can figure it out.:D

The more I think about an hour of ALW the more I want to puke.

How many times do you get comments made to contestants about selling the song, putting feeling into it...if that's what you want then why not let them do songs that mean something to them?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

How many times do you get comments made to contestants about selling the song, putting feeling into it...if that's what you want then why not let them do songs that mean something to them?

If a person is a truly talented performer, they can sell almost any song. They instinctively know how to connect with the lyrics and tell the story.

I'm not much of a fan of the theme nights, but what AI is trying to accomplish is to see how flexible each contestant is vocally. They're trying to throw every obstacle at them and see who rises to the top.

Sigh...Carly's gone. IMO she did a masterful job this week and should have stayed. :^( Jason or Brook should have gone (if we're judging on talent and performance last night).

And unlike some I really enjoyed the ALW selections. Really let Syesha, Carly, and David A. shine!

The others, not so much.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Sigh...Carly's gone. IMO she did a masterful job this week and should have stayed. :^( Jason or Brook should have gone (if we're judging on talent and performance last night).

And unlike some I really enjoyed the ALW selections. Really let Syesha, Carly, and David A. shine!

The others, not so much.

ltdiver

Just for you, Lori, I refrained from posting early...but someone PLEASE enlighten me as to WHY Brooke is still making it through.

Just for you, Lori, I refrained from posting early...

hee hee hee... :P

...but someone PLEASE enlighten me as to WHY Brooke is still making it through.

Dunno. I cringe every time she steps up to the mic. :S

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

ltdiver

...she started, stopped, and started over last night...and STILL made it through...geez she must have a shitload of followers dialin' for dollars:S

ltdiver

...she started, stopped, and started over last night...and STILL made it through...geez she must have a shitload of followers dialin' for dollars:S

I never watched last night but caught most of tonight's show...the wrong two were in the bottom two and Brooke should have gone home.
--
Murray

From past seasons of American Idol, one thing is absolute and that is Just because you win in the final, doesn't make you a superstar...look at Daughtry, Aiken, Underwood and others who are really successful now.

Underwood won!!

On the topic of Brooke....there's that votefortheworst.com or some website, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I thought everyone did alight for what they had to work with and it really pegged who the talent is in the show. I still hate David A. though, he's a weiney. It's not broadway idol though, so those who didn't shine, I don't think it should be 100% counted against them.

I was a bit surprised by Carly, I thought she nailed it, but she didn't have the fan base that the others do.

but someone PLEASE enlighten me as to WHY Brooke is still making it through.

Because the American Public in general are Idiots. The Fact that David A is so popular and Brooke is still on the show just shows how mindless the Average American Viewer of American Idol truly is.

Carly was GREAT on Tuesday night. Perhaps her best performance ever and absolutely one of the best of the night and she gets voted off?? A Crime. Brooke and Jason should have been bottom two. I don’t see how anyone can watch the performances and not agree.
Carly was finally starting to be herself, Relaxing and having fun. She also Looked GREAT last night.

I am most likely not going to watch the show anymore. There is no one left that interests me at all. David C is pretty good but not someone that I am going to go out of my way to see. The rest of the ones left just flat out annoy me.

Because the American Public in general are Idiots. The Fact that David A is so popular and Brooke is still on the show just shows how mindless the Average American Viewer of American Idol truly is.

Carly was GREAT on Tuesday night. Perhaps her best performance ever and absolutely one of the best of the night and she gets voted off?? A Crime. Brooke and Jason should have been bottom two. I don’t see how anyone can watch the performances and not agree.
Carly was finally starting to be herself, Relaxing and having fun. She also Looked GREAT last night.

I am most likely not going to watch the show anymore. There is no one left that interests me at all. David C is pretty good but not someone that I am going to go out of my way to see. The rest of the ones left just flat out annoy me.

You said yourself that Jason had the 16 y/o vote nailed....

Carly was GREAT on Tuesday night. Perhaps her best performance ever and absolutely one of the best of the night and she gets voted off.

I dont watch the show at all but whilst surfing caught her version of JCSS, i am a huge fan of the Musical, and have the Stage Cast versions from the USA cast and Australian casts, as well as the Motion Picture soundtrack. And i Have to say she did and OUTSTANDING rendition of JCSS, i was surrrised she was voted off:|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Although I didn't really care for Carly's performance on Tuesday, she should NOT have gone home. Brooke should've been gone a few weeks ago and she's still here. As much as I hate Smiley Boy, Brooke is starting to take his place as this year's Sanjaya.

Dreadlocks sucked on Tuesday, and if he keeps it up, he should get the boot. Emo boy actually pulled it off on Tuesday. He has been surprising me a lot.

And once again.. Forgettable Black Chick.. wait.. who are we talking about?

I watched the show. 2nd time the season. Not a fan, but ok to watch infrequently once the season is narrowed down to decent singers.

The first girl in the red dress - absolutely the best one - and gorgeous

The Irish girl did great - close 2nd - apparently this is the Carly you guys say got voted off? Sucks, both times I heard her, she absolutely was fantastic.

The Guy with the big forehead - Kim says he's more of a grit/pop singer and was really surprised he sang it straight (instead of changing it to 'his' style, and then did it SO well. He failed to dress up for the performance - he sang it straight, he should have suited up straight too if that was the plan. Looked like he was going out to change his oil after. If he went the extra in presentation to go with that voice, it would have been a very tight group of 3 at the top.

The kid - sings really good, but isn't a front stage performer. I bet once he's out Disney snaps him up and he does a lot of poppish theme songs for animated features. He's really talented in a pure vocal sense. Boring to watch, great to listen to.

The rest sucked and it was actually tedious to listen to them.

The rude judge (Simon?) - I'm not sure why the audience boos him all the time. Seems he's normally dead on target for everything he says.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I'm a firm believer that the show's "results" are completely manipulated. The winner is picked early on, and so is the exit order for that matter. There are always a few "surprise" early exits and the admonishment from the judges that if you want your favorites to stay on, you have to watch and you have to vote. Its more about the ratings than who they think they'll make the most money off of after the show is over.

Yeah yeah Chris- tell me again about the potential lawsuits and how its "illegal" or whatever. The votes are free and there aren't any kind of anti trust laws being violated. Ultimately, the producers can do whatever they want with the show.