Misslmperfect

American Idol

I thought Jason's performance last night was simply beautiful. I thought the song was PERFECT for him. Didn't really think about it until it was said here, but shit, Redemption Song would have been AMAZING. Obviously he's my favorite, but I'm not expecting him to win this or anything.

Grandpa did alright...and thats all I can say about that.

Not a fan, but Kristy did AMAZING last night. Loved it. But...didn't she wear that same tank 2 weeks ago? lol I have an eye for stupid details like that.

David needs to get voted off so he can go be on broadway already.

Irish Chicky...wtf were you wearing and wtf were you singing? Yikes. I usually like her too.

Brooke...eeeeeh.

David Cook...again, wtf. WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING WITH THAT SONG CHOICE? God, terrible. I don't think anyone could redo Raine Maida.

Edit: I left out Syesha...which was obviously forgettable!

Bottom Three: Brooke, Carly, Syesha. I think David Cook's fan base is too big to put him in the bottom.

Jason - WTH was that? Over The Rainbow with a eukelale.:S I know the judges loved it, but I thought is sucked major time. The only compliment I can give him is that he is excellent with his phrasing which gives him his unique (a plus) sound.

Are you kidding? You haven't heard that version before?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A2Jt4WOxN8
It's been played at every memorial service I've been to over the past few years (too damn many), therefore that version saddens me. I think Jason did a good rendition of ithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdnzKgq-B6Y.

We have on the board who the bottom three will be and the Power Ball.. who is going home.

Brooke (as the Power Ball)
Carley
Kristy (although I think she did the 2nd best - she has just been at the bottom three for so long!) :S

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

We have on the board who the bottom three will be and the Power Ball.. who is going home.

Brooke (as the Power Ball)
Carley
Kristy (although I think she did the 2nd best - she has just been at the bottom three for so long!) :S

What do you win if you're correct?:)

I've got a standing appointment at the gym on Tuesday nights but last night I wasn't feeling well and cancelled. Soooo........ I watched pretty much the whole show (I had to turn off "Grandpa" butchering Dream On, though!) for the first time all season and I have to say, I pretty much agree with your review 100%! At least I know I'm not missing anything good on TV Tuesdays!

One comment about need-a-cheeseburger girl ............. In addition to the sad basset hound eyes, WTF was she wearing? Looked like a brightly colored potato sack! Just as bad as Carly's granny jeans, IMO. If she was trying to cover up how painfully thin she is, all she really did was call attention to it.

And Paula? WTF??? They were even talking about that on the news this morning!

And Paula? WTF??? They were even talking about that on the news this morning!

Yea, She was letting the Boobage all hang out. I pretty much just tune out whenever Paula is on screen.

One comment about need-a-cheeseburger girl ............. In addition to the sad basset hound eyes, WTF was she wearing? Looked like a brightly colored potato sack! Just as bad as Carly's granny jeans, IMO. If she was trying to cover up how painfully thin she is, all she really did was call attention to it.

Brooke is quickly becoming my least favorite. David A who was my least favorite comes across with no personality at all. Just a preprogrammed Autotron doing the same thing.. Smile, Lick Lips, Give standard performance of Song. No Real feeling.

Brooke is just the Opposite. She has a personality.. It is just an annoying personality. And Feeling?? She got plenty of those.. Waaay Too much of those. That overly emotional constantly whiney, Lets talk about my feelings Crap would send any sane male running screaming away quickly as possible.
Every time she opens her mouth all I can think is she needs to talk to her Doctor about changing her Birth Control Pills cause she is on waaaaaay too much estrogen and her hormones are constantly out of wack.

Well, Brooke got a few props from me last night for doing something off Carol King's Tapestry even if she gave James Taylor credit for the song first. And, she did an adequate job with it, but even I can probably sing the hell out of anything off that album! :P

Nah- you're too harsh! But no worries about the VPLs- I do most of my singing alone in the car or in the shower. :P

Seriously, though- I didn't notice the VPLs but whoever sold Carly those jeans ought to be taken out in front of a firing squad and shot! No one under 55 should be wearing those! Did someone tell that poor girl she's too fat?

I think I'm alone here. I seem to always have a whole different take on some of the contestants than the rest of you.[:/]

I also think tigra disagrees with me just for the sake of disagreeing.;):P I love you Maura.:)

AHHHH

I actually agree with you about the smiley kid. So NOT Sanjaya in so many ways. If you close your eyes when he sings, he's actually really good and I think he's got a big future ahead of him. I thought he was the best of the group last night for sure. Still, he looks like he's about 12 and if he was singing a love song, it would totally creep me out! (What he sang last night was actually perfect for him.)

I have issues with kids on AI in general. I think they should change the age range to 18-30 instead of 16-28. With the younger kids, when they do material that's appropriate for their age, they get criticized for being too young, cute or immature- basically for being themselves. So, they take the criticism to heart and do something "older" the next week and get criticized for trying to be something they aren't. It happens every year!

Oh yeah- and the Over the Rainbow version? What's with you and Simon Cowell? How have you NOT heard that before? There is a lot of really good music out there that you will not hear on American top 40 radio. And that version of Over the Rainbow is one of them. I personally wasn't all that impressed with Dreadlock's rendition but I missed most of it channel surfing. Since they're only given what 60 seconds? to interprep a song, that can happen. I think the time limit and shortened arrangement really hurt Carly and Bad Hair dude as well. You can do that with a pop song, but its a lot harder with the songs they chose.

There is a lot of really good music out there that you will not hear on American top 40 radio. And that version of Over the Rainbow is one of them.

Isn't that the tune they play at the WFFC to wake you up in the morning?

Love Iz's melodic voice with it. Thought 'dreadlock boy' was sounding a bit too impersonal and rushed last night.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

No, Obviously, I really don't! :P It kind of kills me when Simon Cowell makes comments about choosing an "obscure" song or arrangement just because HE hasn't heard it. I think he said that to Bo Bice when he did Freebird! I mean, I know the dude's British, but FREEBIRD? Seriously?

I didnt see where we really disagreed.

You didnt like Dread Boy at all.. I said he took a chance and it worked for him but would have MUCH rather seen him Do Marleys Redemption Song.

Otherwise I think we agreed on everyones performances.

This is the first year I have watched Idol so I dont really know what Sanjaya was all about. I just know that David A is not as good as his Fans would want everyone to beleive. Great on Braodway or a Disney Show but NOT an American Idol. I do agree that he was one of the best last night but that more because everyone else sucked.

I just know that David A is not as good as his Fans would want everyone to beleive. Great on Braodway or a Disney Show but NOT an American Idol.

I guess this is where we disagree. He has excellent vocal habits and training that will only get better as he gets older. He's young now, but he is way ahead of the curve in regard to his abilities. He is only going to get better from here, which is already damned good. If I was a record producer, I'd back him.

Do what I do and what someone here previously suggested: Turn your head when he sings and I think you will be quite impressed with his voice. He already sounds like a 25 year old.

Do what I do and what someone here previously suggested: Turn your head when he sings and I think you will be quite impressed with his voice. He already sounds like a 25 year old.

A 25 year old slightly better than average but not great Karaoke singer.
Yes he has a good voice but Idol is also about the performance. Connecting with the song and connecting with the audience. If I do what you suggest, I am taking that out of the equation.

You could say the exact same thing about Syesha. She has a really good voice but no spark.

Yes he still young, but already has MUCH more experience than most of the others. He has been performing since he was 3. He was 11 or 12 when he WON Star Search. He has performed all over the world already and spent most of his life traveling around performing. Like most of the others, he is FAR from an Amateur. And he has not yet developed a personality other than a Cheesy Smile.

That is just my opinion. Obviously many people disagree with it. Nothing at all wrong with that.
:)

And he has not yet developed a personality other than a Cheesy Smile.

That is just my opinion. Obviously many people disagree with it. Nothing at all wrong with that.
:)

I'd describe him as a cross between Bashful and Dopey ..... if I were comparing him to the Seven Dwarfs ;)

Brooke's clothes....I thought I was having a 60's flashback when she came on....and like you say, way too much estrogen!!!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! You missed the whole 'Sanjaya' debacle. Howard Stern really put a foot in that. He got his fans to vote for Sanjaya just to frustrate the judges. It worked very well but the audience over 14 years old was totally tormented.

The sickest thing I saw on the show was that 'Chicken Little' kid singing 'Part Time Lover'.:o Clay Aiken was a 'wild card' pick and look how he ended up. Fantasia won; and took over Broadway (she's a certified BW star now). Ruben is making records and eating a chicken sammige somewhere and Kelly Pickler ain't doing too bad.

And Jennifer Hudson won an Oscar the first time out (and she earned that!).

David Archuleta is a true talent and he's not going away. I just hope he doesn't turn into Barry Manilow. I wish Barry Manilow would stop bring Barry Manilow.

One last thing. Jason (dreadlockboy) is not going to win but he'll be around for a while. I stopped what I was doing when he sang the 'Hallelujah' song. I wish he would record that JUST the way he did it on stage...*sniff*sniff* It was moving.~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Let me tell ya.......the studio recordings of the songs are soooo much better than what you hear on the show and they are the full length version of the song. David Cook's "Innocent" is amazing on the studio recording. I was worried when I heard that Jason was going to do "Over the Rainbow" and depressed when I found out which version because I don't like that version. However, he sang it very well both on the show and the studio recording! Every performance and every studio recording is available for downloading from various sites.;)

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.