Misslmperfect

American Idol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBsw74Wtn9w Starting 48 seconds in.

Keep in mind that even though the Contestants were going to do Two Songs, They had only done one song each at this point.

Holy shit! Paula needs a looooooooooooong vacation from AI based on her saying "this is sooo hard" after the slip up. How hard is getting paid to sit and listen to karaoke?

Okay..here are my picks:
Brooke - as I've felt all along..that girl needs to GO!
Jason - *zzzzzzzzz* he makes me more sleepy than Ambien or Lunesta.
David A- okay, 'nuff of dat kid. He'll be good in stage performances, but there is a *sandpaper* sound to his voice that I just can't describe that is beginning to bug me. But he does have a tremendous fan base *shrug*:S
Syesha - has really shown her stuff lately. I could see her on Broadway.
David Cook - I'm betting he's the American Idol from this Season. He has proven his ability to be versatile.

After the past 2 week's performances I'm going to have to recant my original final 2 prediction. I believed in Carly, but now she's gone. I liked David and David, but the "Disney Boy" has grown tiresome (however he doesn't lick his lips anymore, did you notice?).

The 2 I'd like to see in the finals are now David Cook and Syesha. That woman has found her voice and style now...and is not afraid to use it. Her clarity of tone and connection with the song has risen to a level where she'll be remembered now.

For those going home....I really really hope its either Jason or Brooke. I think you're correct in stating Jason looks like he's tired and wants to go. Both he and Brooke can't seem to break out of their boring style...

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Once again I'm somewhat in the minority here.

First I want to say that the pace of the show tonight drove me insane. I felt like I was watching NASCAR.:S

First round: No one was good, but they weren't completely horrible...well maybe somewhat horrible.

Second round deserves a critique:

David Cook - The best on the stage period. Loved his second performance.

David A - Still very boring and Disneyesque, but I still think he's better than the others. He's got great vocal skills, I just don't like his song choices. He's young. I think he has a future.

Brooke - I actually liked her 2nd song and deserves 3rd place.

Syesha - Absolutely has proven herself tremendously the past 2 weeks. Her voice is almost perfect and yes, she is getting hotter. I do think she is more suited for Broadway though.

Jason - Absolutely sucks compared to the others. If I'm to pay him a compliment, I would say that he does have really unique phrasing and with good producers, writers, etc. he could actually sound good in a studio.

Should go home: Jason
Probably will go home: Syesha

The finale: Still predicting the Davids.

Should win: David Cook
Probably will win: David A.

Paula basically confirmed that the show was fixed tonight when she started reviewing songs that hadn't been sung yet.

J, The judges sit in on the dress rehearsals earlier in the day. This would explain Paula's screw up, but it definitely doesn't excuse it.

My Recap...

Jason: I agree with him being a "one trick pony" persay, however, I love what he does. I love his voice, but I believe there are others that are, uh, more qualified to be the American Idol. He's kinda given up...he was on fire and then the past 2 weeks he's just good, not really putting any effort into it. He's definitely my favorite, but at this point he needs to go home. I think Paula's flub will keep him around another week. (Edit: I'm really into acoustic melodic jam rock, so its obvious why I like his style)

David C: First song was ok, kinda forgetable. Totally redeemed himself with the second song, I loved it. I really hope he wins this thing. And I agree, his hair is getting more tolerable.

David A: Ugh, God. I hate what he did to my song. Hate it. I don't get him AT ALL. He's so....theme parkish. Coming to America? Are you joking? The kid has a great voice, and thats it. The rest of him is lacking. I don't get why the judges are all up on his shit. He totally pulled a Kristy Lee Cook with that 2nd song choice.

Brooke: Someone put her out of her misery. 1st song was SO CHEESY and terrible. I mean, she's got talent, but she needs to go already. 2nd song was alright, but something about her voice bothers me.

Syesha: I don't think she's forgettable anymore, she finally started bringing her game. The first song was ok, she brought it with the 2nd song. She's totally going on broadway.

Bottom Two obviously Brooke and Jason, I hope Brooke goes home because I wouldn't mind hearing Jason sing one more time :)

Final 3 - David, David, Syesha.

Now finally we MIGHT be able to get through atleast one show without some Ditzy Dumbass that doesnt know when to shut up. Oh.. Wait.. Seacrest is still on the show.
Nevermind.;):D:D

Good sending Brooke Home. Bad that Syesha was bottom 2 Again. She was MUCH better than Jason or David A.[:/]

Good sending Brooke Home. Bad that Syesha was bottom 2 Again. She was MUCH better than Jason or David A.[:/]

I think Syesha goes next week...no matter if she is fantastic and Jason is terrible..it's just the way the votes are going.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

You are most likely correct but I still believe that the Producers have some say in who goes and who stays. An All Male Final 3 would not help their ratings.

If this was actually based on Talent, The final two would be David C and Syesha with David C winning. Unfortunately The teenage girls will keep Nappy headed Dread boy around because “He is sooooo Cute” and the Geriatric “Would NEVER actually buy an Album but really like that Clean cut Kid with no personality” group will keep voting for David A in between watching WWF and WCW Smackdown while waiting on the next NASCAR race to start.[:/]

I missed it this week.

I doubt that the Clean cut kid is the votes from the NASCAR crowd, but most likely just the younger crowd. He sings well. Not a live performer. Put him in a studio.

The dreadlocks guy seems to have zero range in his talent.

I've figured out which are which now. David C and Syesha are the two best from the two episodes I watched. And by a VERY large margin. And she's really pretty too.

They got rid of the pretty blond country girl. Surprising, she's marketable.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

unfortunately I have a feeling she's going to go home next....but I hope I'm wrong. That David A. has too many young fans that love him.
UGH.
He's such a weiney.

Apparently Jason has the fans too, I hope he steps it up and brings back his performances from a few weeks ago.

edit: that still doesn't put him on par with David C. and Seysha...I agree they should be the top 2, but I don't see that happening. [:/] It will probably be a battle of the Davids.

You are most likely correct but I still believe that the Producers have some say in who goes and who stays. An All Male Final 3 would not help their ratings.

If this was actually based on Talent, The final two would be David C and Syesha with David C winning. Unfortunately The teenage girls will keep Nappy headed Dread boy around because “He is sooooo Cute” and the Geriatric “Would NEVER actually buy an Album but really like that Clean cut Kid with no personality” group will keep voting for David A in between watching WWF and WCW Smackdown while waiting on the next NASCAR race to start.[:/]

Is there any evidence that the who goes decision is made by the producers and is not solely the result of viewer votes?

I'd hate to think that is the case but this IS all about the money ultimately so it is a possibility.

Hopefully Syesha will manage to stick around next week. I really think Jason would have to suck badly to leave.

What is the theme for next week or is there one?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I'm pretty sure I heard Ryan say that the theme next week is Rock and Roll Hall of Fame which should suit David Cook really well.

I'm still predicting the finale will be the 2 Davids. My guess is David smile boy A. will win. Never underestimate the voting power of the pubescent girls. David Cook at 25 is an old man to them.

Cook has nothing to worry about, he will be signed with a label in no time. I still think Cook deserves to win though.

Is there any evidence that the who goes decision is made by the producers and is not solely the result of viewer votes?

No. None at all.
However I do think the Producers can and do use the judges to help manipulate the Vote. It is pretty well accepted that the Judges do have a huge sway on the voting.

Now look at this weeks Results show for a great example. (Get out your tin foil hat and make sure the Black helicopters can not see you for this one..:P)..

At no point did Ryan EVER say that Syesha and Brooke were bottom Two. In fact Bottom Two was never mentioned at All. Each contests was called out and told they were safe.. Then there were two left.. Syesha and Brooke. All Ryan said was one was safe and one was going home. No mention at all at anytime during the show about a Bottom Two. However we were led to think that the Bottom two was Syesha and Brooke.

Dial Idol actually had Syesha projected at the TOP vote getter. (Dial Idol is site that provides power dialing software for Idol voters and then collects the results to create Projections of who will win or be voted off.) Dial Idol uses a pretty solid method of measuring the votes and is generally very accurate.

My personal Conspiracy theory of the week is that the Bottom Two were actually Brooke and Either Jason or David A.

Why would the producers make it look like it was Syesha instead??
All out manipulating the Vote. Now Syeshas Fans will think she is in trouble and be voting just as hard as always for her (thus keeping her in longer) and Jason and/or David A`s fans dont realize how close their hero came to getting knocked out.
If one of those two had been in the bottom two, It would have really rallied their fan base on the next week.

Now next week.. Syeshas Fan base will be dialing hard to vote (Thus hopefully keeping her in) and Jason and/or David A`s fan Base will not be as motivated hopefully eliminating one of those two (Most likely Jason but I still think people are not as impressed with the Smiley Kid as they were.) Thus maintaining diversity on the show. The last thing they want is a final three consisting of 3 White Guys.

OK.. I have got to go refold my tin foil hat now, Elvis will be here soon to pick me up in his UFO.

Here is the Minute by Minute Results from Dial Idol http://www.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/DIHardGraphs.asp

Notice that Syesha pretty much led the voting all night. Making it look like she was in the Bottom two (Even though they never SAID it was Bottome Two) was a clear manipulation trick in my opinion.

Dial Idol may not 100% accurate but thier sampling is generally a VERY good indicator of the actual Voting.

Honestly, Taylor Hicks and Daughtry pretty much proves it. Its more about ratings than who they think they can make the most money off of after the show. The early exit for Chris Daughtry was one of their "shockers" designed to keep people watching. Why Taylor Hicks as the winner? I don't think anything can explain that Hicks except maybe someone lost a bet somewhere ............... :S

That being said, I also don't think they expected Daughtry to be as hugely successful as he was/is or that Taylor Hicks would flop as miserably as he did. I think they are wishing they had kept Daughtry around another week or two because my understanding is the top two or 3 finishers end up under contract with them for a longer period of time than the rest. That means 1st refusal if they're shopping labels, and a piece of the profits no matter where they go.

Someone here said something about sounding better in a studio...........? They most definitely sound better on studio recordings. If you want them, find them here. There are a bunch of other sites for downloads as well.......... Jason actually records very well and I like his voice and style. David Cook should be the winner. David A is downright annoying. Syesha would be great on Broadway.

http://viz4u.blogspot.com/search/label/~%20American%20Idol%20Season%207%20~

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Well, lets face it- ANYONE will sound better in the studio. One thing I actually respect about American Idol is that these kids sing live and sound pretty good doing it most of the time which is more than the Brittenys, Jessicas and Ashlees of the industry can usually pull off.