Misslmperfect

American Idol

Seems he's normally dead on target for everything he says.

Thats why he gets booed. People dont like honesty.

You notice how much louder the applause is for him at the -start- of the show, though...He's really the favorite.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

They keep the "Sanjayas" around for a while just because it keeps people talking about the show. There is at least one every season who stays around way longer than he (or she) should, and at least one who leaves way too early. I'll tune in every now and then, and since I watch a Fox affiliate for news every morning, I always get the recaps and updates. But I stopped watching or caring about who won 2 years ago.

Simon can do better than Paula.
Maybe Paula 10 years ago, But the over the hill Lush she is today?? Nope. Sorry I think Simon has better taste than that.

Although Paula appears to have alot of problems (more than we probably will ever know) she did look rather hot in her 2008 music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TN5umzSnFU

ltdiver

I'm late with this week's critique because I haven't been on this site for a few days. My prediction to get the boot this week is Carly.:P

Once again I am in the minority with my critique. I hate disagreeing with Itdiver and tigra because I know they both know what they are talking about in regard to music. I truly respect both of their opinions.

First, I want to say that I believe that at this stage the contestants have established their fan base which means if they are popular, they're going to be forgiven more.

Regarding Brooke, I agreed with Simon and Randy that she did the right thing by starting over. The fact that it was at the very beginning of her performance, it's easier to accept. If it was much later, she would of had to suck it up and try to get back on track. On the flip side, I have to acknowledge that the other 5 contestants did not stop and start over.

I believe voters are taking into account the cumulative performances, not just one. This is what I believe did Carly in. I expected so much better from her in the beginning of the season, but she never seemed to deliver. I thought she was off key in several spots during her performance.

I felt Syesha was brilliant this week. She had the full package. She looked hot, sounded great, choreography was spot on and she just nailed the song.

I was thrilled that David Cook sang that song as it was written with only minor change ups. He has proven already that he can rock. I was glad to hear his pure vocals which are quite impressive. I felt this was the performance of the night.

David A. was once again right on vocally but he is really boring me now. He is very young and I believe in a few years time with experience, he could have quite the career. Once again, he has excellent vocal habits. One thing he needs to work on is not being so breathy. That can be a little distracting.

IMO Jason was horrible. I have heard mixed reviews, but I felt he took on a song that is extremely difficult and he could not handle the difficulty. He cannot handle the range that song requires and quite honestly what really sells that song. He clearly has the teenage girl vote who determine the outcome of this show.

IMO I think we can now see how this show is going to work out:

5th place: Syesha
4th or 3rd: Brooke and Jason (unsure of which order)
Finale: Both Davids. I have no idea which David will come out on top.

Regarding starting over? I was at sold out concert at a large venue. The artist re-started one of his newer songs after a couple of seconds. No one in the audience held it against him. Sometimes that's the right thing to do.

And Chris, trust me, I know nothing about music! I just know what I like! :P I think I have pretty eclectic tastes but I'm generally "meh" on anything "pop" so its really tough to get won over by an AI performance! I'm usually with Simon when he makes his bad lounge singer or karaoke comments! That's pretty much the only thing I miss about the show since I hardly ever watch it anymore. Ryan and Paula give me the creeps and Randy just annoys me!

I'm not sure he knows what he's talking about but he is the only judge that is remotely honest. I'm sure Randy has more knowledge of the music business in general but either his hearing is lacking or he's been sitting next to Paula for too long.

Next week is Neil Diamond.

Well, that definitely is it for me. Good lord! ALW and now Neil Diamond ? :(:(:P:P:P
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Yay! I finally found the American Idol Forum for skydivers!!!!

Just started looking for it actually :$

I am hooked on Idol and have been reading some of the comments. This is great. All I can say, is that Thanatos had me pretty much rolling after reading some of his posts.

This is great I will have to follow this thread now.

I was shocked that Syesha went home last week after Brooke forgot the lyrics ... I thought Syesha sounded GOOD.

Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

I was shocked that Syesha went home last week after Brooke forgot the lyrics ... I thought Syesha sounded GOOD.

Syesha (Forgettable Black Chick) did not go home yet. Carly (Bangable Irish Lass) got sent home.

Both Forgettable Black Chick and Bangable Irish Lass were great and did not deserve Bottom two. Sending Carly home was a Crime.

Bottom two should have been Hormonal Basketcase (Brooke) and Goofy Needs to wash his Nappy ass hair Dread lock Boy (Jason).

There is absolutely no-one other than Bad Hair Emo Boy (David Cook) left on that show that is not just flat out annoying.

There is absolutely no-one other than Bad Hair Emo Boy (David Cook) left on that show that is not just flat out annoying.

I agree!! Even your buddy has to watch it during the week and has normally the same thoughts you do! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

Bottom two should have been Hormonal Basketcase (Brooke) and Goofy Needs to wash his Nappy ass hair Dread lock Boy (Jason).

One has to think that they -must- feel guilty when they see those better than them go home first. Brooke sure appeared so, yet Jason just looked amused.:S

ltdiver

Noshit? Man where was I???

I guess she just made bottom two but I was even surprised at that! I thought she did a bang out job. I love dredlock boy just from 70's week (Halleluliah) was awesome but I just couldn't get into him in Memory.

Carly did awesome as well. I thought the bottom two would have been dredlock boy and Brooke for sure. I am really shocked.

And bad hair emo boy just seems a little bit arrogant to me.

Dreadlock Boy seems to have the same facial expression all the time too, now that I think about it.

I think that is why he will not likely make it to the top. He is really good but he just does the same thing. I want to see him bust out and do something wild.

I guess she just made bottom two but I was even surprised at that! I thought she did a bang out job. I love dredlock boy just from 70's week (Halleluliah) was awesome but I just couldn't get into him in Memory.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He tore that song UP. I'm STILL crying.

I skipped it this week, but my favorite year was Ruben and Clay..Jay Leno called it the Battle of the Sexes....tee-hee!~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

OK.. I lied. I watched it again even after my extreme frustration from last week..

Paula basically confirmed that the show was fixed tonight when she started reviewing songs that hadn't been sung yet. Can’t wait to see how Idol spins this one.

Now for the reviews:

1. Nappy Headed Dread Boy - Song 1 Sucked. Song 2 Sucked. One trick pony that seriously looks like he really just wants out of the competition. He is spent. And looks like Idol had planned to give him his out but since Paula screwed up and reviewed his second song before he performed it.. Who knows what will happen now.

2. Bad Hair Emo Boy (With slightly better hair tonight.) The first song was good, The second song was Fantastic. This is the first time I heard something on Idol that I would buy off iTunes (and I HATE iTunes).

3. Overly Skinny Hormonal Basketcase - She is quite possible the most annoying person I have ever voluntarily listened to. Her first song was the absolute worst of the evening. Her second was only slightly better. I think my idea of hell is I will walk in and be trapped in a room with this chick for more than 2 minutes (After that I am certain I would Chew my own legs off in hopes that I would quickly bleed to death if it meant that I could get away from her for at least a minute).

4. Smiley Lip Licker - Still dont get it and never will. Not painful (Like Brooke) but nothing special at all. Good for a cruise ship or OFF Broadway play maybe but not American idol.

5. Forgettable Black Chick - Looked absolutely Fantastic tonight. I am Talking smoking!! She finally pop on the patented Jello-J bangability scale. If she walked in looking like she did tonight, I would dropping every cheesy line I could think of till the restraining order was signed. She sounded good. I liked both songs and thought that she is finally starting to show some personality and not be quite so forgettable. Past two weeks she has really improved and I hope she makes it past next week because she deserves it.

Prediction: Bottom two - Brooke and Jason.
Who goes home?? It looked like the producers were setting up Jason to get home but who knows after Paula’s slip up. I hope they send Brooke home because she sucked as usual tonight and she should have been sent home last week.

Dammit! I couldnt get FOX on my TV tonight so I missed it. Good to read your overview as I usually agree with your reviews, especially in regards to Brooke. I can't wait to see the youtube uploads to see what I missed tonight.

5. Forgettable Black Chick - If she walked in looking like she did tonight, I would dropping every cheesy line I could think of till the restraining order was signed.

Hahaha - I loved this line! B|B|B|

Did the judges' comments match your review of the performances?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey