skybytch

Hanging up the rig...

I know what you mean in so many ways...... still sorry to see a sky sister hang it up... regardless you'll always be one of us and you'll know your always welcome back at anytime..... I wish you all the very best in life!
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I relate to very little in your “list of reasons” and that’s perhaps because I’ve been in the sport too short of a time to get involved in the politics of it (though I’m aware of their existence.) I’m of the belief that if one isn’t completely into it, skydiving is not something one should do. I used to think it’s the kind of activity that never gets old … but I’m not so certain anymore. After spending almost every weekend of my Summer at the DZ and doing over 100 jumps in spite of being “self-grounded” a lot due to windy conditions, over the past couple of weeks I just didn’t “feel it”; I didn’t feel like jumping … and I didn’t.

As much as I hate the loss of a woman in the sport (there are so very few of us), I do believe you are doing the right thing. If you are so disheartened and disillusioned with the sport (or its politics) a break from it (temporary or permanent) is the right thing to do.

Skydiving isn’t everything … and the sky will always be there if you decide to return to it. Good luck.

O

I've only recently become excited enough about skydiving to come back to the sport after a 20 year lay-off. The politics did SUCK! And there will always be dumb shit skygods.
I can say if Johnny "mad skillz" Swooper takes me out on the ground or nearly so in the air, he will be beaten once I've dusted myself off!
Anyway, don't be in a hurry to sell your gear. Tuck it way someplace safe. After a few years, you may want to come back.

blue skies
Card carrying member of the
Nanny State Liberation Front

Yep, a lot of ghosts in our logbooks, aren't there?[:/] Well, you certainly were more than a tourist. Sorry you're hurting so badly from every jump. That would probably tear it for me, too. If you ever decide to come back in, we'll have a slot on the load for ya.

Enjoy your life,

John

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa...

So sad to hear one of my DZ.com heroines is leaving the sky. I DO understand what you said and I fully agree with everything mentioned.

I'm still fighting with those same issues. It's a lonely battle trying to lead the youngsters to the water only to have the skygods talk them into turning their back on drinking it and getting little support from what powers there be.

At least stay here with us. You still can make a difference.

Peace.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I can say if Johnny "mad skillz" Swooper takes me out on the ground or nearly so in the air, he will be beaten once I've dusted myself off!

was that directed at me or just a generic "johnny" swooper

No. Just a generic "johnny swooper".

Hell I'll probably do some swooping of my own once I'm current again. But you can bet it won't be in a high traffic area.
Card carrying member of the
Nanny State Liberation Front

It's been fun. But so is hiking, backpacking, golf...

So -- you're taking up golf?:P (gdrvf)

Enjoy, Lisa -- it's a big world out there; you'll always be a part of this one (unless we can erase almost 19000 posts), but there's more to it than skydiving.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It's been fun. But so is hiking, backpacking, golf...

So -- you're taking up golf?:P (gdrvf)

Enjoy, Lisa -- it's a big world out there; you'll always be a part of this one (unless we can erase almost 19000 posts), but there's more to it than skydiving.

Wendy P.

I wonder if she'll sell her rig to a newbie.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I get some of that.

Sorry you have physical pains from this activity. Maybe the next few things you pick will be easier on the body. Good luck.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants