Rottenmilk

Cheap Jumpsuits?

you can probly get some freefly pants for like $120-$150.

But baggy clothes is a better idea if your really straped for cash.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Freedom Means Choice makes a very good FF suit for not much money (comparitively). Something like $220, shipped. I've had one for about 6 months, putting well over 100 jumps on it and it shows basically no wear. :)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The cheapest thing you can do is what Lisa said, baggy clothes, if its cotton you float more if its nylon you fall faster.

The economic deal would be to buy a freefly pants and use a long sleeve (cotton) shirt and in a far future to buy a freefly jacket or buy a used suit.

The expensive deal is to buy a freefly suit.

And one between all the others is to borrow a freefly suit and ask for a local tailor (mom, gramma, neighbor, etc.) to make you one similiar to the one you are borrowed (of course with your measures).

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

I have ordered a Kupee freefly suit. Including shipping and special fabric it came to $139.99. It was to be delivered in about two weeks but do to some shipping problem it should be closer to 5 weeks when I get it. Oh, and do to the shipping issure(which I am not sure what it was) they are shipping it with a 5 day delivery for no extra charge.I will post my impression of the suit as soon as I get it, but so far they have been really nice to work with. Oh, my suit should be here by Friday
Blue Skies
Kirk

I have ssen some people jump in Army surplus coveralls

You can buy "Issue" Military Free Fall double zipper jumpsuits for about $20 at a surplus store. You can usually pick them up in a range of colors from black....to well....black....;) Or a pilots flight suit in tan or green for around the same price.

Hi
When it comes to prices. This is the best offers I have seen.
http://www.icarus.co.za/jumpsuit.asp has freefly suits for $65 (if my exchange calculations are right). This is custom made suits. I have no idea what shipping and taxes will come to, and I also have never seen one of their suits so I really don't know much about them. However, at those prices it might be worth a shot?!?

...Army surplus coveralls.

That is what Taft skydiving uses. I was talking to the DZO and he says that he gets them "new" for about 60 bucks. He then adds the grippers to them and voila! a jumpsuit that is rugged and looks cool too.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

I've been pondering ordering from Kurupee myself. The only thing stopping me is that I haven't heard anything about their suits from anyone who has actually seen one. I'm curious to hear about your impressions when you receive it. Thanks!

go to joanne fabrics and buy 25$ of material, and make your own...they are easy to make just use someone elses as a pattern. (assuming you know how to use a sewing machine

My suit has not arrived yet. I am not sure what is going on with it. I have comunicated with them via e-mail and they have been very polite and prompt. However, I e-mail them Friday asking for a tracking # or anyway of track my suit in shipment and have not received a reply yet. To be honest I did not expect quick delivery (I already have a freefly suit this is just for jumping tandems when I get my rating in a few months), but they said they would deliver quick and 6 weeks later I am still waiting. So as soon as I get the suit I will post my impression of it either in this or on its own post.
Kirk

Well I received my suit today from Kupee. The fit is good and the construction is also good. I unfortunatly ordered a special fabric sf14 which on the web site shows a mix of blue and white. I received a suit with light purple main fabric and big blue and white flowers painted on it. There is no way in hell I would ever wear it. I have e-mailed them and told them I would like to return it and have the special fabric to a solid color and explained the misconception from there web site. So as far as that goes I will let you know the response to that. Other then that the suit is well made (the fabric is a lighter fabric then what my firefly suit is made from).
Later
Kirk:|

Hmmm, so no ordering the special fabric? OK, I can deal with that. As long as the construction and fit are good, I think I'm willing to take a chance with $99. Which of the designs did you pick? Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear it didn't quite work out the way you wanted it.