slotperfect

What Can We Do About Skyride II

Just like cockroaches, they scatter when the light comes on...but they don't die because of the light.

They will go hide in the corner and start up a new bunch of fake sites. Remember, skyride was just a name and a phone number. Since Google became a verb, good SEO can make any domain name a "winner".

Yep, your right about that! We'll just have to sit back and wait.
They may win, we may win, Time will tell.
But sooner or later, justice WILL catch up with the people who perpertrate such scams as sLyride.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

http://www.skydivephiladelphia.com/1-800-skyride.html

http://www.ascskydiving.com/1-800-skyride.htm

http://www.800skyride.com/Company/gift.html

Just a few left if you look around but there are ton of warning and scam sites on google.

GEE sure am happy as a pig in shit that good old Bangs and company on the USPA EC gave away our money to these scumbags, why to go USPA BOD members who sit on the EC, you've been a big help to the membership......DISMISSED

No kidding. Larry Hill for USPA PRESIDENT!!! He had the balls (and moolah) to take on Skyride. USPA's EC didn't.

However, I don't think it's all the EC's fault. They were advised by their insurance company to settle it. I'd be hard pressed to believe that every member of the EC wanted to.

fixed it for ya.

So if I am following your line of thought correctly, the EC made this decision WITHOUT consulting with the BOD, which they are required to do BEFORE making decisions like this according to the USPA governance rules. The EC then notified the BOD AFTER THE FACT and called a meeting to take a vote, which should have been done BEFORE they agreed to settle, in order to cover their asses, in all of this they left out 3 people sitting on the BOD on purpose which left them open to possible legal action?

If I understand this correctly, the EC illegally made a decision that it had no right to do,tried to cover it up after the fact and as a result, their illegal action has affected the whole membership financially, but the membership has no clue of all of this because the details of the case are sealed as part of the settlement?

If this is indeed correct, I would think that the EC would be open to legal action from the membership for violating the governance rules and putting the membership in a financial situation.

Of course, all of the above could be completely or partially incorrect, as I am just piecing parts of the puzzle together and coming to a possible conclusion of what occurred.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

So if I am following your line of thought correctly, the EC made this decision WITHOUT consulting with the BOD,

Let's name names! I don't even know who's on the EC, other than Bangs. I assume also Buterher, and Worth, who serve as puppets for Bangs.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

So if I am following your line of thought correctly, the EC made this decision WITHOUT consulting with the BOD, which they are required to do BEFORE making decisions like this according to the USPA governance rules. The EC then notified the BOD AFTER THE FACT

This is correct.

and called a meeting to take a vote,

A conference call was called at the end of Nov 07. There was no vote by the FB at this time. We were told it was a 'done deal'.
I found out much later (summer 08 mtg) that it was not actually a 'done deal' at that time that they led us to believe.
The call was attended by all but one bod member. Two other bod members left the meeting sometime during this 2 hour call. One guy went to a hockey game. I do not know why the other guy left the call.

which should have been done BEFORE they agreed to settle, in order to cover their asses, in all of this they left out 3 people sitting on the BOD on purpose which left them open to possible legal action?

That is correct.

If I understand this correctly, the EC illegally made a decision that it had no right to do,tried to cover it up after the fact and as a result, their illegal action has affected the whole membership financially, but the membership has no clue of all of this because the details of the case are sealed as part of the settlement?

That is correct.

If this is indeed correct, I would think that the EC would be open to legal action from the membership for violating the governance rules and putting the membership in a financial situation.

That is correct also. In fact, Larry Hill provided each bod member at the Feb 08 meeting with documentation about a case called CareMark.
You can google for the info. It's a case where the share holders sued the BOD because the BOD improperly entered into a settlement agreement for a lawsuit.

Of course, all of the above could be completely or partially incorrect, as I am just piecing parts of the puzzle together and coming to a possible conclusion of what occurred.

The vote by the FB was done at the Feb 08 mtg. It really had no effect either way.

The Executive Committee presented the following motion on 11/03/07 as an interim action.
Motion 6: Passed 10/7/4 (Mr. Bangs)
“Move to authorize the Executive Director to sign the settlement agreement for the Skyride
lawsuit.”

At the time the EC voted on this interim motion, none of them were familiar with any of the evidence. Only one, maybe two, EC member(s) had read the original complaint.

The only good thing one can say about the agreement is that it was a sweet deal for the USPA insurance company.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

I know the answer to that question.
The answer is: see avatar.

Bwahhhhhhhhhh!!
Good grief!

You guys know that they have not yet complied with the new Tennessee Law. I called their "Local" phone number a couple of times acting as a customer, them told them they were in violation of the law, they told to "live with it and get used to it because that law means nothing to them."
That's their mind-set. (as if we all didn't know that) Where is the intelligence in that way of thinking?
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Just like cockroaches, they scatter when the light comes on...but they don't die because of the light.

They will go hide in the corner and start up a new bunch of fake sites. Remember, skyride was just a name and a phone number. Since Google became a verb, good SEO can make any domain name a "winner".

You'll pardon me if I ask you PA removed by slotperfect. The same fuckers that rounded us up and sank us into this mess are telling me They'll bail me out? PA removed by slotperfect. You think you can catch guys like Ben and Carey? You think guys like that comes this close to getting fingered and stick their heads out? If they come up for anything, it will be to get rid of me. After that, my guess is you'll never hear from them again. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Thanks for that feedback. I do know what you are talking about on the SEO. If you will Google "Nashville Skydiving", Check it and see what the first website that comes up under that keyword. "Nashvilleskydiving.org is definitely NOT owned by sLyride. I'm talking about the organic results, not the paid ads. The website is not anywhere as nice or "pretty" as the sLyride sites and the pictures that are on there are lower resolution, just for the purpose of making them undesirable to steal.
Check it out for yourself.

Not to split hairs, but 'nashvilleskydiving.com' shows up as the first result (see attached).

And it has a nice big map along with it, that shows me that they're right there in the MIDDLE of the city! I don't have to drive out to Russellville!

AND their site is much more pretty than Nashvilleskydiving.org, which I think is a good thing - after all, in a sport like skydiving, if someone can't afford good web design, how can they afford good gear? I want to feel safe when I make my first tandem jump...no 'Fandango' for me!

(Again, don't mean to shut you down - I think it's excellent that a non-skyride site is so far up the list. But nonetheless, to a whuffo who's uneducated about the sport, I think it's arguable that the thoughts above would run through their head. Skyride's site shows up first in organic results, along with the (albeit deceptive) map...and while you're using low-res images to prevent someone from swiping them, Skyride is using high-res images and reaping the marketing benefits of having high(er)-production-value sites.)

Let's face it - for all their customer service faults (*understatement of the year), Skyride has done a GREAT job of marketing. From SEO to design to selling the idea of making that once-in-a-lifetime experience. Their success should be a wakeup call to DZ's that we all need to shape up our games, if we want to compete :| (in addition, of course, to doing whatever we can to stop the illegal Skyride practices).

edited b/c i forgot to add the iimage...durr.
Signatures are the new black.

Thanks for that feedback. I do know what you are talking about on the SEO. If you will Google "Nashville Skydiving", Check it and see what the first website that comes up under that keyword. "Nashvilleskydiving.org is definitely NOT owned by sLyride. I'm talking about the organic results, not the paid ads. The website is not anywhere as nice or "pretty" as the sLyride sites and the pictures that are on there are lower resolution, just for the purpose of making them undesirable to steal.
Check it out for yourself.

Not to split hairs, but 'nashvilleskydiving.com' shows up as the first result (see attached).

And it has a nice big map along with it, that shows me that they're right there in the MIDDLE of the city! I don't have to drive out to Russellville!

AND their site is much more pretty than Nashvilleskydiving.org, which I think is a good thing - after all, in a sport like skydiving, if someone can't afford good web design, how can they afford good gear? I want to feel safe when I make my first tandem jump...no 'Fandango' for me!

(Again, don't mean to shut you down - I think it's excellent that a non-skyride site is so far up the list. But nonetheless, to a whuffo who's uneducated about the sport, I think it's arguable that the thoughts above would run through their head. Skyride's site shows up first in organic results, along with the (albeit deceptive) map...and while you're using low-res images to prevent someone from swiping them, Skyride is using high-res images and reaping the marketing benefits of having high(er)-production-value sites.)

Let's face it - for all their customer service faults (*understatement of the year), Skyride has done a GREAT job of marketing. From SEO to design to selling the idea of making that once-in-a-lifetime experience. Their success should be a wakeup call to DZ's that we all need to shape up our games, if we want to compete :| (in addition, of course, to doing whatever we can to stop the illegal Skyride practices).

edited b/c i forgot to add the iimage...durr.

I will agree with you on that, and I do give sLyride credit for doing their homework and having really nice sites and kick ass marketing, The concept that they started out as was a really good idea and could have been good for the sport, but when they got greedy, well you see the perdicament we're in now...:S>:(
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

OK, They are turning their 1 800 sLyride sites off again. Let's all hope they stay off this time. The websites with their own domain that are not aliased off of the 1 800 sLyride domain are still on. Let's go after those too!!! Those are the real deceptive ones...
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I guess the sLyride thieves are bolder that I thought. Now they are running radio commercials in Nashville making wild claims to be having an "Event" this weekend. I guess they are not getting much business because people know abouth their scam, so they are paying Hooters Girls to make an appearance. It's pretty bad when a DZ has to go to such extremes to get customers.
sLyride must be circling the toilet bowl and getting closer to the bottom.;)

Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Update in the Skydive Arizona vs Skyride lawsuit:

Skyride filed a response to Skydive Arizona's motion last night.

The main reason Skydive Arizona filed the motion was because they were concerned that Cary was dissipating assets and would not have assets available to pay any judgment. According to the affidavit of Yvonne Cline, (filed as an exhibit to the response), Cary has plenty of money to pay any judgment, and that the "value" of Cary's company named IGOVincent is $5,000,000. She says 1-800-Skyride makes more than $8,000,000 a year in revenue, with net profits of $1,500,000 to $2,000,000 per year. This is good news, assuming she is not lying. Skydive Arizona should be able to collect on a judgment.

The affidavit of Cline, and the statements made in this response, are not confidential. This is all now a matter of public record.

You can also view this with a Pacer account.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

So they didn't get dumped by their lawyers?

They were ordered to appear with new counsel after the original counsel was granted the motion to not represent them.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Does anyone have OPINIONS as to if they're hiding assets?

Factual Background

On August 28, 2008 the official records of the Georgia Secretary of State relating to the corporate defendants were checked. Those records indicate that Defendant USSO LLC was dissolved on May 6, 2008. The transfer of assets from USSO LLC to IGOVincent Inc. on May 1, 2007, Defendant USSO was doing business as 1-800-Skyride.

Georgia Secretary of State also show the Defendant CASC, Inc was dissolved on May 16, 2008 as was Defendant Atlanta SC, Inc.

Not opinion... just the facts.