slotperfect

What Can We Do About Skyride II

Just a thought. Instead of giving Skyride new places to send their unwitting customers to, why don't the non-Skyride DZs get together to form a legitimate booking business with, like, ethics or something. They can agree among themselves to just send jumpers who call to whatever the nearest DZ is (unless the caller requests another DZ specifically). They could even pool money to advertise some. As many have said, the concept of Skyride isn't bad in and of itself. It's their ethics that are abhorrent. So take their business model and apply a nice dose of ethics. Just my two cents.

>:(If we can get everyone that wants to stop skyride dead in their tracks to Report them to http://www.ICANN.org. ICANN is Internet Corporation of Names and Numbers. They are the TOP controlling authority over domains and the use of. They will investigate the way skyride is using their domains and once they have found fraud, they will turn off their websites and possibly take away their domains. ICANN has that kind of power.

You're grossly overstating their power and interest in the matter of copycat websites. If Skyride actually hijacked a domain, like the 800 number, yeah, they'd be interested. Short of that, it is first come first served on domain names, and they can simply say that yes, we're selling skyidiving services to people in a particular region, hence the domain skydiveathighercostinutah.com.

You want ICANN to sanction them for their business practices, but that is not in their scope.

Well if that's the case, you are just here for shits and grins! How can you support someone if you don't know them. You must be a George W. Bush supporter. Before Bush, $1.09 a gallon of gas, after Bush $3.00 and still rising. Do the math or is your memory as short as your johnson?

You clearly do not know how the energy markets work. Shortly after bush took office 9/11 happened. The commodities traders all of the sudden started trading long and the prices went up because it all of the sudden became clear that the middle east was going to become even more unstable again. Here is the thing about commodities, things are not sold at what they are worth, they are sold at what people think they are going to be worth in the future, time frame depending on the length of the trading contract. It will take me way to long to explain the rest of this so go research it before you start spewing crap. Now as far as the continued rise of oil prices after Afghanistan, that was because of several new extremely large Chinese refineries that came online during this time frame. Then Iraq happened and oil output from that country dropped significantly, however it is on the rise again. The reason oil prices are at an all time high is because of the weakening dollar and continued tension with Iran in the international community. If conflict breaks out with Iran they could make the straits or hormuz extremely dangerous. 25% of the worlds oil moves through here. That is why oil prices are high, not because george bush is dumb as a box of rocks. I do R&D for an energy company, I know what im talking about. Next time do some research before shooting your mouth off.

PLEASE QUITE RESPONDING TO SKYPAPA!!! JUST IGNORE HIM!!!
“Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load his shit into a truck.”

Well I guess it was an idea anyway. It's kinda like Thomas Edison trying to invent the light bulb. He tried several hundred different ways to make the light bulb work before he actaully got it right. His friends kept asking why he keeps trying stuff that failed, He replied that "Those ways did not fail, They just did not work."
The moral of the story is that maybe my idea of reporting them to ICANN won't work and other people's ideas like Google bombing or the law suits that are going on, but that don't mean that those efforts have fail,(or will fail) It only means that they did not work. There is a way to shut them down, it's just that no one has come up with it yet. Good always prevails over evil, and this is no exception.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

class action lawsuit. I already have an attorney who would absolutely eviscerate skyride. I wont give his name because that could help skyride, but he a major attorney in the S.E. The only problem is that he is ridiculously expensive, a fund would have to be put together because there is no way he would do it pro bono.
“Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load his shit into a truck.”

I certainly don't have that kind of money, but that's why they call it "Class Action". I definitely would love to get in on it, but would it be better to use that resource to join forces with the lawsuit that Eloy has going?
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I certainly don't have that kind of money, but that's why they call it "Class Action". I definitely would love to get in on it, but would it be better to use that resource to join forces with the lawsuit that Eloy has going?

I sent an email to a family friend who has extensive experience in these sorts of things about the scenario that surrounds skyride. Ill let you know what he says.
If it can be proven that skyride did defraud eloy then thats it, it will make the national news and they will be finished.

There is no comparison between 1800skyride and the phone number of 1800skydive. The phone number is a number that DZ's request from the phone campany if it's available in their region. Almost every one of the DZ's that have that number are just independant DZ's that got the number. When someone calls that number, they will normally get the DZ's that they will be jumping at. Not saying they are getting the closest DZ to their home, but at least it will be in their geographical region.
With Skyride, someone will call them, let's say that person is in Kansas. Skyride sells them a gift certificate or even schedules them for a jump, then after they've got their money, they tell them that they will have to go to Cedartown, Ga. to jump. Or they would have to go to California. Whether it be Georgia or California, the customer still has to travel much farther than they would have to if skyride had not flooded the internet market with their bogus websites. Hence referring back to my earlier post that said they are advertising to be IN the cities or states, and not NEAR those locations.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

class action lawsuit. I already have an attorney who would absolutely eviscerate skyride. I wont give his name because that could help skyride, but he a major attorney in the S.E. The only problem is that he is ridiculously expensive, a fund would have to be put together because there is no way he would do it pro bono.

Go get em' cowboy. Typical, all talk no action.

Go get em' cowboy. Typical, all talk no action.

You'd be surprised at how much action there is going on that people won't even mention on here.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Like I said in my earlier post, These IS a way, it's just a matter of it being put in to action.;)

And I was saying there IS action going on, but those doing it won't talk about it. They know I got a big mouth sometimes. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I knew what you were saying, ie, Eloy, State of GA, and I don't know how many others. I'm just saying that, it doesn't matter what anyone think, They CAN be shut down. I think's more of a matter of when than how... I guess I just said that wrong....
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Skyride can and will get shutdown. its just a matter of time. I think it would be smart of ben to just sell it and cut his losses, but the love of money does bad things to people.

Does anyone have an intellegent guess as to what skyrides assets if any are worth?

I'm not following you, what warning are you referring to? (respectfully asking)

No personal attacks against another user, though you did attack someone who's not a known user on here.... I've done the same thing many times and got what, one warning... YMMV but best to heel to the mods when they interject... ;)

What is the dollar value of several hundred websites with a couple dozen toll-free numbers, and with derelict impotent and overcompensating numbnuts who temporarily rent their integrity to monitor incoming-call lines at the whims of those they have probably heard of but have never met; who are naive enough to be impressed by a facade of MTV-Crib-worthy excess by which they themselves (being so easily susceptible) are used as pawns to temporarily ensure they will be reigning at the end, sort of like those winners...nee weiners were left holding the bag at the end of Stephen King's The Stand.

Boom.
Roll Tide Roll