slotperfect

What Can We Do About Skyride II

I think the bean is under the cup in the middle!

Is it any wonder our economy is tanking when THIS sort of business practice is allowed????

:S>:(

Just so everyone knows as if this is anything new, but to nobody's surprise sLyride's alias Adventure is on the Tennessee Dept. of Consumer Affairs Watch List. Here's the link, they are number 16; http://www.state.tn.us/consumer/common/flash/BuyerBewareList%5B1%5D.swf:D:D;);)
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Just so everyone knows as if this is anything new, but to nobody's surprise sLyride's alias Adventure is on the Tennessee Dept. of Consumer Affairs Watch List. Here's the link, they are in the top 10; http://www.state.tn.us/...ewareList%5B1%5D.swf

The list is alphabetical.

Mark

Just so everyone knows as if this is anything new, but to nobody's surprise sLyride's alias Adventure is on the Tennessee Dept. of Consumer Affairs Watch List. Here's the link, they are number 16; http://www.state.tn.us/...ewareList%5B1%5D.swf

Mark

I know it, just saving anyone the trouble of missing it. The point is, they are on it. We have to keep the heat up on those thieves!
:)
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Just so everyone knows as if this is anything new, but to nobody's surprise sLyride's alias Adventure is on the Tennessee Dept. of Consumer Affairs Watch List. Here's the link, they are in the top 10; http://www.state.tn.us/...ewareList%5B1%5D.swf

Mark

I know it, just saving anyone the trouble of missing it. The point is, they are on it. We have to keep the heat up on those thieves!
:)

Other folks on the list include: Apple, Ebay, Ford, and Walmart.

Mark

She says 1-800-Skyride makes more than $8,000,000 a year in revenue, with net profits of $1,500,000 to $2,000,000 per year.

That would sound like someone would need several million dollars to buy SkyRide outright (including a clause for the former owners to never start a new skydiving/adventure/related booking agency ever again AND they MUST leave the company when Skyride is bought) and turn it into a more 'honest' and legitimate booking business. Assuming a Price-Sales ratio of 1.0, that's theoretically $8 million to buy SkyRide outright. (The profit growth may make it more valuable -- ala the PEG inflation commonly seen in the value of companies that grow fast -- but the lawsuit issues does reduce the value of this company, so this is the wild guess number I'm using, plus their business may have plateaued somewhat, making them ripe for a takeover -- I don't have access to the balance sheet and company statements of Skyride to make this determination, and many businesspeople know far more than I do of my very limited knowledge). Hopefully it's far cheaper to buy that company outright now due to any plateauing and negativity, since a lower price for takeover, gives less incentive for the new owners to use shady tactics to try to get a ROI (return on investment).

Trouble is -- who's willing to pony up the cash and spend a few tough years erasing the blemish of the SkyRide name, with a good Bill Of DZO Rights (and Rules) strong enough to make it attractive to dropzones to re-sign up for a more honest and agreeable booking system that just happens to recycle the leftovers of SkyRide? (A name change may be in order, due to the damage of the previous SkyRide name) It needs to use more industry-standard and legitimate travel-agency-style booking practices, with full disclosures, including honest disclosure of the booking fee.

Include value add's such as excellent mapping system (better than the actual dropzone's websites) for the actual honest location of the actually-named dropzones. And other value adds. Even a well-tweaked Google Maps plug-in is easy to start with, and would be sufficient for now and better/easier than 80% of the actual dropzone websites...

I know people have inquired about this before on dropzone.com (the theory of buying SkyRide and turning it to a business with better reputation). But what about the people who bought dropzone.com , as a possible example? In theory, would the same people, maybe possibly, buy SkyRide and convert it to a honest skydiving booking agency, and cross-market with dropzone.com? Some may cry foul at this idea, but what if many reputable businesspeople with famous dropzone.com names (including some of you moderators), were invited aboard on the Board of Directors, to help reform SkyRide, or at least on some kind of business imporvement board? That'd win the support of at least a lot of us knowing dropzone.com members influence the reform of SkyRide, I'd imagine. I think more profits can be made if people (who also owned businesses) on dropzone.com helped designed the "best skydiving booking agency", so those people should be invited on board for helping. We'd be trading shady advertising for the full support of the target market, improving word of mouth. Much like even though I often will book airfare directly, I don't mind going through Travelocity or Expedia from time to time since it's just much easier -- if the booking site is so good, that actual skydivers eventually become willing to suggest to their non-nearby whuffo friends/family, to book through them, then that would quickly replace lost profits caused by current shady tactics... And by having dropzone.com and Skyride being owned by the same company, there are cost-saving measures such as borrowing dropzone.com dropzone finder and database (to help jumpstart the mapping system), and inserting links to the booking agency alongside direct links. Dropzones can opt-in and opt-out of this system freely at any time, by changing a setting in their online account, making far more comfortable with the booking agency system... Most will avoid it due to bad rep but over time, they may come back once the "much better reputation" kicks in, because it's such an easy checkbox to change in their dropzone listing...

The 900 'ghost clone' websites could be replaced by a booking page for that particular state, that also discloses the actual, real, participating skydiving dropzones for that particular state (ala travel agency style, providing the fulle name, but skipping giving too much detailed contact info of the actual dropzone until booked, but still permitting visitors to google the actual dropzones and contact them directly -- much like I can google hotels from an Expedia/Travelocity search and book directly if I wished.)

(Hey, after all -- many good companies bought disreputable Las Vegas places over the years from gangsters, and turned them to much-more-honest places. Although this may be a topic of debate of all its own in this matter. Read up on the history of mainstreaming and Disneyification of old disreputable Las Vegas -- lots of surprises. Still lots of shady stuff, but for many of the mainstream places, a far cry from the past...)

Damage (from the current bad Skyride reputation) may take a quarter to half a generation to fully repair (i.e. 5 to 10 years), but the average skydiver spends less than that many years in the sport before leaving, which means that's a window to aim for.

No perfect solution, there will always be people that disagree, and there will always be problems (like Travelocity and Expedia) but far less negative than now -- and with better support by business operators and better support (even if lukewarm) by the hard core clientile.

Maybe this won't work. Pipe dream. Pie in the sky. I agree. You're right. But Bigger takeover surprises have happened before. I suspect at least one per of one thousand skydivers, if we won the lottery (or otherwise got a big windfall), would be willing to be persuaded to buy Skyride, rename it, and "fix it". And there are other more likely scenarios, too, even...

Then we'll be seeing garden gnomes with parachutes being advertised on TV ;)

I might add that by compining the other venues that sLyride sells tickets for, the number 900 will be profoundly low. There's at least 900 if not more for skydiving alone. Multiply by the number of venues like Hang Gliding, Gliders, Balloons, Race Cars, Warbirds, Scuba, Shark Diving, Cruise ships, etc. Then redo the math. I still have not figured out how anyone can Scuba Dive for GREAT WHITE SHARKS in Clarksville, Tn. Check this out, http://www.luxergy.com/Clarksville_Tennessee/Clarksville_shark_expedition.htm
They can't say they are cleaning up their act because the Luxergy sites were down and came back up just a few days ago. Go figure!:S

Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Just an FYI

I want to make it explicit that I am making this post in my personal capacity as a citizen of the United States of America

Here is the important information.

State of Georgia v. 1800Skyride

If I could say this and it NOT sound like I'm being a smart ass, but, do you really think that sLyride will comply or conform to anything that anyone personally or legally orders them to do? ie; Since the new Tennessee law started, every time Myself or my associates have called them on their "Local" Nashville number, they have responded with everything from beginning with "I didn't know anything about any law" escalating to"I guess you will have to learn to live with it" up to their latest reply, "Fuck your pissy assed law"! So that being said, does anyone think they will comply?

Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Just an FYI

I want to make it explicit that I am making this post in my personal capacity as a citizen of the United States of America

Here is the important information.

State of Georgia v. 1800Skyride

If I could say this and it NOT sound like I'm being a smart ass, but, do you really think that sLyride will comply or conform to anything that anyone personally or legally orders them to do? ie; Since the new Tennessee law started, every time Myself or my associates have called them on their "Local" Nashville number, they have responded with everything from beginning with "I didn't know anything about any law" escalating to"I guess you will have to learn to live with it" up to their latest reply, "Fuck your pissy assed law"! So that being said, does anyone think they will comply?

I would like to follow up my last reply with a few thoughts.
Even though the Court Order specifies in the beginning the different names that sLyride operates under, they
(a) didn't get all their names like "luxergy", "Spagoda", and "Spaatlas",
(b) It only states the various names like Igovincent, USSO, Thrill Planet, Taparu, CASC and Tandora in the beginning of the Order.
(c) Throughout the body of the order, I did not see anywhere that it adds those other names when it addresses Them as "Skyride Defendants" and "Atlanta SC defendants"
(d) I did not see anywhere in the order where it listed any venue other than Skydiving".

In Category "A", They have so many names that is not listed in the order, what is to keep them from operating in one or more of those names?

In Category "B" Being that it only states all the listed names in the beginning of the order, what is to stop them from acting as if the body of the order does not effect those names not listed in the body of the order?

In Category "C", This appears to me that by not repetitively listing "Thrill Planet" along with "Skyride" and "Atlanta SC", this COULD leave a large hole in the order for Thrill Planet to keep going is if there's no order that effects that part of the company.

In Catrgory "D", is kinda self explanitory, If it only lists Skydiving, That leaves a huge hole for all the other venues they sell their fake gift certs for to go on uneffected. The Race Car guys, Warbird and Balloon guys didn't appear to get covered.

In all, It appears to me from what I have seen in the past with their blatent disregard for the legal system, complete disrespect of their customers and their own greed, they will shift everything into one of the company names that the court order did not list.

I am definitely NOT a lawyer, but I can read, and I do give the Georgia AG full credit for a job well done, but it is possible that they may not have known the full range of venues that sLyride is in to.
I mean, Damn, who ever heard of Scuba Diving for Great White Sharks in Clarksville, Tennessee? Hence, the door may be left wide open.
When the AG makes public, the list of websites that sLyride reports to them, we will know how in depth the order went.

Ok, Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now!
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

...According to the affidavit of Yvonne Cline,...

Yvonne? That hag has been lurking around the Skyride Sewer since the beginning, and would say and do anything to please the Cockroach, in hopes that one day he will take her to the prom.

Why is it that neither of the two most vile in-charge would testify as to how much was supposedly available to pay out in this suit? Why is it left up to YuCky to give the details of availability of assets? What is her position? If suddenly Mizz Cline's testimony and affidavit are shown to be false, who is penalized? Is it too late by then?

Mizz Cline is then left on the doorstep, while Bon Jovi plays in the background...
Roll Tide Roll

That was a great read.

If anyone becomes aware of Skyride violating that order, Please contact the Georgia Office of Consumer Affairs. I have been in contact with a couple people there and they seem to be very dedicated people looking out for the consumer’s best interest. I have a couple of Names, Email addresses and Phone numbers for some people at the OCA that are very familiar with this case.

When the USPA settled with Cary Q/ASC/Skyride, They all decided to come over to our DZ to Celebrate/Rub it in our faces.. I think maybe this weekend I will wonder over to ASC and take them a few Jello-Shots, See if they want to toast a decision from an actual Judge. ;):D

(Naaaa… I like the high road too much. The view and the company is so much better here)

That was a great read.

If anyone becomes aware of Skyride violating that order, Please contact the Georgia Office of Consumer Affairs. I have been in contact with a couple people there and they seem to be very dedicated people looking out for the consumer’s best interest. I have a couple of Names, Email addresses and Phone numbers for some people at the OCA that are very familiar with this case.

When the USPA settled with Cary Q/ASC/Skyride, They all decided to come over to our DZ to Celebrate/Rub it in our faces.. I think maybe this weekend I will wonder over to ASC and take them a few Jello-Shots, See if they want to toast a decision from an actual Judge. ;):D

(Naaaa… I like the high road too much. The view and the company is so much better here)

I personally think they will either straight out thumb their noses at or at least try to thumb their noses at this latest strike against them. They've already proven that they don't mind thumbing their noses at everyone else so far.
Besides that, where is all the sLyride supporters anyway? :o:o:P
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

where is all the sLyride supporters anyway?

Running their dropzones... right where they've been all along.

Dave

But you mean ONLY the couple of DZ's that sLyride actually does have something to do with, right?;)
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

where is all the sLyride supporters anyway?

Running their dropzones... right where they've been all along.

Dave

But you mean ONLY the couple of DZ's that sLyride actually does have something to do with, right?;)

Could be. I really think most of them have given up on defending skyride on this site, as they get flamed every time. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

No, I mean all the dropzone owners that accept their certificates and have allowed them to continue operating for years after it was widely publicized that they were a bunch of crooks and scam artists. They are as much to blame as the owners of skyride.

Dave

Ok, Just checking...;)
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Not a response to anyone just an FYI.
The case filed by Skydive Arizona has not quieted down, just the opposite.
Anyone with a PACER account can see what is going on.
It ain't over....far from it.
B2

So what you're saying is that Cary's voice is about to rise a couple more octaves? :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban