slotperfect

What Can We Do About Skyride II

That's one of their standard templates they've been using all along. That one was a real Canadian DZ's site that they copied (Adventure Skydiving logo and all) and just changed a few details. The real DZ had to change their website to stop looking like a skyride site.

Dave

That site is not up to the normal quality of Skyrides sites. Must be one of their lackeys just learning the ins and outs of being a crook on the internet

Nah, that site has been online for a long time. Although it may have had a background color before, most of the stuff on there is the same as they had when the DZ was in Pell City, which IS 20 minutes from Birmingham, if you drive 110 mph down I-20. :D

The owner address on whois just changed, that's all. Something is going on for sure, as it used to be in GA.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

That site is not up to the normal quality of Skyrides sites. Must be one of their lackeys just learning the ins and outs of being a crook on the internet

Nah, that site has been online for a long time. Although it may have had a background color before, most of the stuff on there is the same as they had when the DZ was in Pell City, which IS 20 minutes from Birmingham, if you drive 110 mph down I-20. :D

The owner address on whois just changed, that's all. Something is going on for sure, as it used to be in GA.

Like I said, Laundering Domains, running from the Court order! Was that Advertising or was it a Joke???
Remember, as long as they don't get called out, they're advertising, but when someone catches them doing something, they were only joking, hence Cat Aids....

All that evidence can't be wrong!;)
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

what do you mean about cat aids? and catching them doing something? you are so out of touch with reality its sad. Cat Aids boogie isnt a joke or illegal, or wrong. Its a funny light hearted boogie. but not a joke. You were an idiot and tried to get the clarksville humane society angry about it by telling them lies. which in the end made you look like a fool. Do you mind telling me what is wrong with a Cat AIDS awareness boogie? Also that was put on by the jumpers at the dz and has nothing to do with skyride which makes you a jerk for trying to interfere. YOu are an antiskydiver. Get current! join the USPA! then voice your opinion. You can even do it at the second annual cat AIDS boogie. There is a testomonial booth and a camera where you can record any message you want.
i'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your packing tent down

what do you mean about cat aids? and catching them doing something? you are so out of touch with reality its sad. Cat Aids boogie isnt a joke or illegal, or wrong. Its a funny light hearted boogie. but not a joke. You were an idiot and tried to get the clarksville humane society angry about it by telling them lies. which in the end made you look like a fool. Do you mind telling me what is wrong with a Cat AIDS awareness boogie? Also that was put on by the jumpers at the dz and has nothing to do with skyride which makes you a jerk for trying to interfere. YOu are an antiskydiver. Get current! join the USPA! then voice your opinion. You can even do it at the second annual cat AIDS boogie. There is a testomonial booth and a camera where you can record any message you want.

:P

BTW, I don't need a CLUB like USPA to dictate if I can jump out of an airplane or not. AND I am still current. Also, I am for Skydiving and Skydivers, I AM ANTI-sLyride! :P

All that evidence can't be wrong!
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

...Also that was put on by the jumpers at the dz

You're talking about a DZ that supports SLYride, right?

Actually, he's talking about a DZ that is OWNED by sLyride. So, what's the chances anyone could truthfully
answer that there's nothing wrong being done over there?
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

A very good chance actually. It really pisses me off that you get on here and say that there are no thruthfull people at the DZ in Clarksville when all they are doing is pointing out what actually happened at the DZ. Have you ever been there? Were you there for the Cat AIDS boggie?

An even better question for you is can you put aside your envy and enormous ego for one second and stop harrasing anybody and everybody that jumps at that DZ and just let them have a good time? I can assure you that there are no more wrongs being done here than at your place....well aside from the fact that there actually are no wrongs here. We actually do exist and jump here. Dont you have a website advertising for a DZ in KY? Do you even jump there? Please. Inform. I know thats what you love to do. :D

A very good chance actually. It really pisses me off that you get on here and say that there are no thruthfull people at the DZ in Clarksville when all they are doing is pointing out what actually happened at the DZ. Have you ever been there? Were you there for the Cat AIDS boggie?

well aside from the fact that there actually are no wrongs here.. :D

My point exactly! That's the biggest lie I've seen yet.
And as for the Cat Aids thing, Did you guys really have that benefit? Why come up with a cause like that? How does that have anything to do with skydiving? Is someone a real serious Cat lover?

is it a Boggie or a Boogie? [:/]
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

So you didnt even respond to most of my questions, some debater you are. Instead of spewing mindless BS please back up your statement of "My point exactly! That's the biggest lie I've seen yet" with facts. And it may seem like a weird cause however Cat AIDS actually exists and we did raise money for the animal shelter. As for the boggie/boogie dilema get off my back i'm tired. :P

Edit: I really need to get off the internet. Way to tired...

So you didnt even respond to most of my questions, some debater you are. Instead of spewing mindless BS please back up your statement of "My point exactly! That's the biggest lie I've seen yet" with facts. And it may seem like a weird cause however Cat AIDS actually exists and we did raise money for the animal shelter. As for the boggie/boogie dilema get off my back i'm tired. :P

Edit: I really need to get off the internet. Way to tired...

Thank you for clearing all that up for me. I guess I was unclear about the whole Cat Aids thing.;)
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

you so dont get it! Its not that someone is a serious cat lover. It was just a funny theme for a boogie because it is so outlandish and obscure. Its called a sense of humor. Thats how it was joke. It was all in fun. Some money was raised and yes it was a real boogie. A real funny boogie at that.
i'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your packing tent down

you so dont get it! Its not that someone is a serious cat lover. It was just a funny theme for a boogie because it is so outlandish and obscure. Its called a sense of humor. Thats how it was joke. It was all in fun. Some money was raised and yes it was a real boogie. A real funny boogie at that.

Okie Dokie! Thanks for the clarification......;):P
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

When I worked at Kmart years ago, I was in the
clothing department.

They sold reinforced spandex shorts in a size 46 waist.
Now... there is nothing illegal about selling those shorts.
It seems morally offensive, if only from an aesthetic
perpective, but not illegal.

As long as people are buying them, and the company
is making big money - size 46 spandex shorts will
always exist - regardless of the righteous indignation
of the public.

Lots of things work that way.

An even better question for you is can you put aside your envy and enormous ego for one second and stop harrasing anybody and everybody that jumps at that DZ and just let them have a good time? I can assure you that there are no more wrongs being done here than at your place....well aside from the fact that there actually are no wrongs here. We actually do exist and jump here. Dont you have a website advertising for a DZ in KY? Do you even jump there? Please. Inform. I know thats what you love to do. :D

If a DZO made all of the money that was used to buy their fancy planes and buildings selling children into sex slavery in Asia, would there be anything Morally wrong with jumping at their DZ, and using the assets that were aquired by the selling of these children? What about if they sold Heroin to make the money used to buy the DZ? What about if they scammed unknowing people by lying about where they were located to entice people to purchase nonrefundable services and only letting people know they were lying after getting their credit card number?

It's a matter of degree, but why would you jump at a DZ for example 3 and not example 1 or 2?

Mark Klingelhoefer

I can assure you that there are no more wrongs being done here than at your place....well aside from the fact that there actually are no wrongs here. We actually do exist and jump here.

No wrongs? Is the DZ you're defending a Skyride DZ, or do they do business with Skyride?

If the answer is yes, then I have some sad news for you. Even though the thread was deleted until interested parties were ready to make an announcement, I did have a chance to read it beforehand, and it seems that a certain DZ has indeed won a lawsuit against Skyride, who has been ordered to hand over any profits gained from Skyride doing business in the same state as the DZ that brought the suit. I believe the basis of the suit was unfair or misleading business practices.

Now I've heard all the pro-Skyride arguments, and most of the them are pretty flimsly, but in the end the final stance is usually something to the effect of, 'If it was wrong, how come nobody has sued or nobody has gone to jail'. As sad as it seems, that was a vaild point, as the problems most have with Skyride were ethical questions about how they did business. It appeared that they were just inside the law, but still not quite 'upstanding'.

With this legal victory, the tables have turned, and I guess that there really is something wrong with Skyride. How long will it be before other DZ owners in other states follow suit (no pun intended)? With a vicotry in one state, much of the legal 'heavy lifting' has already been done.

So now Skyride is on the hook for the profits realized doing business in the state in question. I wonder how this will extend to the DZs affiliated with Skyride?

Were they not complicit with Skyride?

Could they rightfully claim they had no knowledge of their misleading business practices? I wonder how many unhappy customers actually made the long drive to the participating DZ, and complained to the management about the situtation?

How many of them noticed that they were charged extra for services that off-the-street customers had included at no extra charge? Did any of them complain to the management?

If any of these dis-satisfied customers were willing to come forward, or at least submit a written statement, DZ managemnt at Skyride affiliated DZs should be worried. They had full knowledge of what they were doing, and who they were in business with.

Just because this place is your home DZ, don't sign on to whatever it is the DZO does. The guy is running a business, and trying to feed his family. You don't know what's happening behind the scenes.

Have you read up on the business going on in MO these days? Non-existant aircraft maintenence, and mis-matched parts? Do you think the general population of jumpers there know about that?

How about the missing rig parts after their latest fatality? Why would you remove parts of a rig still on a dead body before the cops showed up? Do you think the other jumpers would have expected that from their DZO?

Did you see the thread about 'Home DZ Blues'? It's all about the treatment that some jumpers get after switching from one local DZ to another. These were staff memebers, and friends to all who left on good terms, only to return and be called traitors, and made fun of. Do you think they thought that in a million years their 'friends' at their first DZ would turn on them?

Just to be clear, I'm not accusing your DZO or local jumpers of any of the above, but for your own info, just know that these things happen. It'a easy for newer jumpers to get roped into one DZ, and the way they run things, but things are not always what they seem, and the first place you happen to jump is not always the best.

Hell, run a search here or google Ted Mayfield. He ran a DZ, and I'm sure had a bunch of people who thought it was a great place. Read up, and see what you think of his (long gone, thank god) operation.

If a DZO made all of the money that was used to buy their fancy planes and buildings selling children into sex slavery in Asia, would there be anything Morally wrong with jumping at their DZ, and using the assets that were aquired by the selling of these children? What about if they sold Heroin to make the money used to buy the DZ? What about if they scammed unknowing people by lying about where they were located to entice people to purchase nonrefundable services and only letting people know they were lying after getting their credit card number?

It's a matter of degree, but why would you jump at a DZ for example 3 and not example 1 or 2?

Mark Klingelhoefer

tough call, mark.

if dz #3 sacrificed puppies to satan, and made toddlers watch, it would be a lock. otherwise i'd be looking for a dz that combines child sex slaves AND heroin.

even the most staunch anti 1800skyride crusaders would admit your comparison is quite a stretch.

actually, they probably would not. in fact, i expect to have my home dz to be accused of all three of these offenses by nightfall.
well im not a skyride fan by any means, but this sport is and always has been rich in moraly questionable behavior. -parabuteo

Mark,

The sad truth is there is a percentage of people,not only in this sport but society in general, that really would not care about any of the things on your list as long as everything works out ok for them.

This is why these places don't need to close. Those people need to stay where they are.

Mark,

The sad truth is there is a percentage of people,not only in this sport but society in general, that really would not care about any of the things on your list as long as everything works out ok for them.

This is why these places don't need to close. Those people need to stay where they are.

chris,

i'd estimate 95% of america fits this qualification, but hey, thanks for taking time from all YOUR efforts to combat injustices in the world to drop in...
well im not a skyride fan by any means, but this sport is and always has been rich in moraly questionable behavior. -parabuteo