slotperfect

What Can We Do About Skyride II

I don't know, but if you put an "N" in front of Ashville, you get Nashville, So being that they are the same website, one could assume that they are the same place, 400 miles from either location!
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

>>Has anyone noticed how many times this thread has been viewed
You say that like it's a bad thing . . .

While it might be tedious to read and even I can't follow much of the minutia, I believe what most people are doing is trying to keep the thread "bumped" so perspective students might come across it. In the old days these students let their "fingers do the walking" through the Yellow Pages to find a drop zone. Now, of course, they go online.

Our elementary schools are now fenced, patrolled, and under zero tolerance rules because there are predators walking the streets. And sadly we now have predators lying in wait for our skydiving students.

On most DZs experienced jumpers are free to be goofballs, play pranks, and generally act like they are on a playground, because DZs are a playground. But once you cross the line into the school area, and students are around, those rules change.

Most of us get the point our students are inviolate and as our most innocent participants they need protection. But one thing tandem has done, in some peoples minds, is these students have become a "use once" throw away commodity. After all, there's millions and millions of them, right?

Wrong. A student is, and always will be, a student.

I've lived through enough intra-DZ shit fights to know the worst, and only battles worth wading into, are the ones that involve suspect instructional programs. And in those cases few, if any, experienced jumpers would say Drop Zone X-ray has the right to do conduct business as they pleased. There was a standard and that standard was observed. And it was why the few truly bad DZs stood out like sore thumbs.

I suppose these days it's become acceptable to be an experienced jumper and not give two crumbs for students. And I've heard the refrain "buyer beware" in reference to these students more than once. And that's sad. And while there may not be anything inherently dangerous about what Skyride does, danger is not where the line is drawn with students. It's a good ways further back from there. It's about complete honesty, integrity, and trust. And on all those benchmarks Skyride fails miserably . . .

NickD :)

Yeah, the site was linked by the Asheville Tourist Commission for a while but a little somebody must have contacted them with the truth and they seem to have pulled it:)

We are always looking for those links here in Tennessee too. Let's keep the heat up. Those sLyride supporters won't have a place to jump in the near future. They ahd better take off the blinders and see the big picture other that their turbine. When you have the whole world out to get you, there comes a time to run, run far away and NEVER come back. They should move in to the Cary's Aruba Beach home and rip off the Arubans for a while. Or maybe Saudi Arabia, You oughta see how they treat thieves over there! Seriously!;):P:P
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

The only reason i'm posting on here is because Cspence drug me in here by posting a PM. (thanks Ian for calling him out on that, I'm glad there is a fair voice here)

I'm busy in my own thread trying to solve the issue of this thread. Your law doesnt interest or concern me at all. Anyone that wants to see one of the only turbine dropzones in their state close down isnt considered a real skydiver in my book. I would discuss this at lenght with you but you are so one track minded that I fear you dont possess the grey matter to comprehend simple and reasonable thoughts. I was pulled into this by Cspence, your post here are irrelevant to all that is relevant. remember
"the truth is just the manifestation of a lie, and a lie is the infestation of the truth, and if you expected an answer you wouldn't have composed a question."-Henry Ford

HA HA HA!!! :D Your other thread got moved! That tells you that YOU are wasting your time trying to glorify sLyride. Jump ship dude, before you sink with it!:D:D:D
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

The captin always gose down with the shit. [cue flushing sound effect]

Ben and Cary are well on their way circling the drain. Anybody that's with them would do themselves a favor and jump ship.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The captin always gose down with the shit. [cue flushing sound effect]

Ben and Cary are well on their way circling the drain. Anybody that's with them would do themselves a favor and jump ship.

You got that right Billy! B|B|B|B|B|
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Has anyone noticed how many times this thread has been viewed and how it seems that the same few Kinghts of Justice are the only ones that really post here? Basically, lots of people have wasted their time reading it and not many of them seem to care. I tried to read it and got bored by page three.

Just because many of us aren't posting, doesn't mean we don't follow this issue quite closely.

I may not be as vocal as Jumpdude - but that doesn't mean I don't feel just as outraged at what Ben and Cary have done. I'm sure many feel the same as me.

The page views alone should tell you how many of us are interested in the topic...and I'd imagine most of those viewing this topic are those who would like to see Skyride shut down.

Like Nick said, students deserve protection. I'd even go so far as to say 'fuck with the fun jumpers all you want' - after a certain point, they should generally know better. But Ben and Cary are screwing over students who don't know any better, and that's wrong. Lay off the newbies.

KC

Oh, one more thing - I've hung out and partied with a lot of folks from DZ's whose owner I despised. Just because the owner of a certain DZ is a douchebag doesn't mean the jumpers who jump there are assholes by default. When they start defending the DZO's criminal behavior, though, that's another story...
Signatures are the new black.

Has anyone noticed how many times this thread has been viewed and how it seems that the same few Kinghts of Justice are the only ones that really post here? Basically, lots of people have wasted their time reading it and not many of them seem to care. I tried to read it and got bored by page three.

Just because many of us aren't posting, doesn't mean we don't follow this issue quite closely.

I may not be as vocal as Jumpdude - but that doesn't mean I don't feel just as outraged at what Ben and Cary have done. I'm sure many feel the same as me.

The page views alone should tell you how many of us are interested in the topic...and I'd imagine most of those viewing this topic are those who would like to see Skyride shut down.

Like Nick said, students deserve protection. I'd even go so far as to say 'fuck with the fun jumpers all you want' - after a certain point, they should generally know better. But Ben and Cary are screwing over students who don't know any better, and that's wrong. Lay off the newbies.

KC

Oh, one more thing - I've hung out and partied with a lot of folks from DZ's whose owner I despised. Just because the owner of a certain DZ is a douchebag doesn't mean the jumpers who jump there are assholes by default. When they start defending the DZO's criminal behavior, though, that's another story...

Just if anyone may have not noticed, As far as I can see, ALL of the websites that start with www.1800skyride.com/skydiving/yourtown AND the Thrill Planet are turned off! This is a huge victory for the dedicated Skydivers, Hot Air Balloon and Hang Glider guys, Race Car Schools, Warbird guys, that have fought the good fight etc. Let's keep up the heat. And just remember all you sLyride supporters, When sLyride is gone, and you don't have a place to jump, GO get a bowling ball because the disgruntled DZ's around the country don't want you either!
sLyride is Slip-slidin' away!!!B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|:P:P:P:P:P

The title of this thread is " What can we do about Skyride?", Well we you see what we did about about sLyride, and WE MADE IT HAPPEN!!!!!:D:D:D
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

http://www.skydivephiladelphia.com/1-800-skyride.html

http://www.ascskydiving.com/1-800-skyride.htm

[url]http://www.800skyride.com/Company/gift.html[url]

Just a few left if you look around but there are ton of warning and scam sites on google.

GEE sure am happy as a pig in shit that good old Bangs and company on the USPA EC gave away our money to these scumbags, why to go USPA BOD members who sit on the EC, you've been a big help to the membership......DISMISSED
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Just a few left if you look around but there are ton of warning and scam sites on google.

GEE sure am happy as a pig in shit that good old Bangs and company on the USPA EC gave away our money to these scumbags, why to go USPA BOD members who sit on the EC, you've been a big help to the membership......DISMISSED

No kidding. Larry Hill for USPA PRESIDENT!!! He had the balls (and moolah) to take on Skyride. USPA's EC didn't.

However, I don't think it's all the EC's fault. They were advised by their insurance company to settle it. I'd be hard pressed to believe that every member of the EC wanted to.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

No kidding. Larry Hill for USPA PRESIDENT!!! He had the balls (and moolah) to take on Skyride. USPA's EC didn't.

More than anything that "we" did here, other than possibly convince a few DZOs to stop doing business with the devil, Larry gets the credit! We all owe Larry a great debt of gratitude! Larry Hill is obviously a guy with the will and ability to put his money where his mouth is. Actually, I don't know that I've ever heard Larry say or seen anything he's written regarding the Skyride boys. Short on talk, long on action!

Also, no doubt that the Tennessee law set an excellent precedent.

Thank you Larry Hill!!!
Martin Myrtle
Wichita Kansas
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

However, I don't think it's all the EC's fault. They were advised by their insurance company to settle it. I'd be hard pressed to believe that every member of the EC wanted to.

YEEHAA!!! Go get 'em Billy!!!

Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

http://www.800skyride.com/Company/gift.html

fixed it for ya.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

fixed it for ya.

The insurance company had no bearing on the EC? Either way, I'm still voting the skyride supporters OUT.

Oh, and thank YOU for all your hard work and sticking to this issue the last 6 or 7 years, and for taking the hits (undeserved) along the way too. :)

Wait, so is Skyride officially gone? Is that what I'm reading? Did some event happen that I missed?

Almost, From everything I am seeing, the "1800skyride" websites, "Thrill Planet" sites, and "Luxergy" sites are gone. The ones that have their own domains, like nashvilleskydiving.com or tennessee-skydiving.com are still on for now. Probably what is happening is that whoever got them turned off is getting them in a progressive manner. Meaning they got Thrill Planet first, then they got 1800skyride, now they need to go after the individual domains. The 1800skyride and thrill planet sites were aliased off of the primary domain, ie; http://www.1800skyride.com would have an alias like http://www.1800skyride.com/skydiving/nashville. Basically the keyword that a customer uses to find the search results, controls which alias comes up.

A note to Everyone in this fight, Now is the time to turn up the heat and fry their asses! DO NOT DROP YOUR GUARD!>:(
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Wait, so is Skyride officially gone? Is that what I'm reading? Did some event happen that I missed?

Almost, From everything I am seeing, the "1800skyride" websites, "Thrill Planet" sites, and "Luxergy" sites are gone. The ones that have their own domains, like nashvilleskydiving.com or tennessee-skydiving.com are still on for now. Probably what is happening is that whoever got them turned off is getting them in a progressive manner. Meaning they got Thrill Planet first, then they got 1800skyride, now they need to go after the individual domains. The 1800skyride and thrill planet sites were aliased off of the primary domain, ie; http://www.1800skyride.com would have an alias like http://www.1800skyride.com/skydiving/nashville. Basically the keyword that a customer uses to find the search results, controls which alias comes up.

A note to Everyone in this fight, Now is the time to turn up the heat and fry their asses! DO NOT DROP YOUR GUARD!>:(

For those of you who are celebrating, I've got news for you - this whole thing is by no means over. The sites that went down are small potatoes.

Let me put it this way - when a non-jumper wants to make a skydive, do you think they Google "1-800-Skyride Nashville"? Or do you think they Google "Nashville Skydiving"?

For those of you who don't understand SEO (search engine optimization, for all you non-webgeeks), the domain "nashvilleskydiving.com" is worth at least fifty times the amount "1800skyride.com/skydiving/nashville" is (depending, to some extent, on backlinks, etc). It's much more common, and likely to rank higher when someone googles "Nashville skydiving" (and iike I said before, the majority of people will google "Nashville skydiving").

I also know several friends who went to make their first jump and simply typed "losangelesskydiving.com" into their browser's URL bar. Like I said, more common phrases = domain name gold.

Additionally, the Skyride sites have a lot of text and have been incredibly well-optimized for search engines, so they're bound to rank high for the most popular keyphrases - especially compared with the websites of most DZ's I know (Flash-based, not a lot of text, heavy on images...and many RARELY mention the name of the big city they're near) :S. It's no wonder Skyride's sites rank so high.

Point being, the ones that are down now would be the least of my concern. Those aren't the deceptive ones - the ones at domains like "http://www.ashevilleskydiving.com" are the ones that really trick people looking to make a tandem jump.

I don't buy the "they're turning them off one at a time" thought...though I hope I'm wrong. My thought was that perhaps Ben & Cary are simply doing away with the businesses called "Thrill Planet," "1-800-SkyRide" & "Luxergy," and have transferred all assets to a new company that will do the same thing?

Either way, I think celebration may be a little premature. :|
Signatures are the new black.

My thought was that perhaps Ben & Cary are simply doing away with the businesses called "Thrill Planet," "1-800-SkyRide" & "Luxergy," and have transferred all assets to a new company that will do the same thing?

Either way, I think celebration may be a little premature.

ding ding ding.

We have a winner. Nothing has happened that would make Ben & Cary stop what they are doing.

For those of you who are celebrating, I've got news for you - this whole thing is by no means over. The sites that went down are small potatoes.

Let me put it this way - when a non-jumper wants to make a skydive, do you think they Google "1-800-Skyride Nashville"? Or do you think they Google "Nashville Skydiving"?

For those of you who don't understand SEO (search engine optimization, for all you non-webgeeks), the domain "nashvilleskydiving.com" is worth at least fifty times the amount "1800skyride.com/skydiving/nashville" is (depending, to some extent, on backlinks, etc). It's much more common, and likely to rank higher when someone googles "Nashville skydiving" (and iike I said before, the majority of people will google "Nashville skydiving").

I also know several friends who went to make their first jump and simply typed "losangelesskydiving.com" into their browser's URL bar. Like I said, more common phrases = domain name gold.

Additionally, the Skyride sites have a lot of text and have been incredibly well-optimized for search engines, so they're bound to rank high for the most popular keyphrases - especially compared with the websites of most DZ's I know (Flash-based, not a lot of text, heavy on images...and many RARELY mention the name of the big city they're near) :S. It's no wonder Skyride's sites rank so high.

Point being, the ones that are down now would be the least of my concern. Those aren't the deceptive ones - the ones at domains like "http://www.ashevilleskydiving.com" are the ones that really trick people looking to make a tandem jump.

I don't buy the "they're turning them off one at a time" thought...though I hope I'm wrong. My thought was that perhaps Ben & Cary are simply doing away with the businesses called "Thrill Planet," "1-800-SkyRide" & "Luxergy," and have transferred all assets to a new company that will do the same thing?

Thanks for that feedback. I do know what you are talking about on the SEO. If you will Google "Nashville Skydiving", Check it and see what the first website that comes up under that keyword. "Nashvilleskydiving.org is definitely NOT owned by sLyride. I'm talking about the organic results, not the paid ads. The website is not anywhere as nice or "pretty" as the sLyride sites and the pictures that are on there are lower resolution, just for the purpose of making them undesirable to steal.
Check it out for yourself.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

It will be interesting to see if this is simply another phase in the deception. Either way, they've been a very low presence in Kansas for the last year or so. Dropped paid adds for terms with Kansas, and Kansas towns, etc. My thought has been this is due to the fact that they get no cooperation from DZs in Kansas. Who would have thought?!?

I do see sites still up for the more densely populated states.

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

My thought was that perhaps Ben & Cary are simply doing away with the businesses called "Thrill Planet," "1-800-SkyRide" & "Luxergy," and have transferred all assets to a new company that will do the same thing?

Either way, I think celebration may be a little premature.

ding ding ding.

We have a winner. Nothing has happened that would make Ben & Cary stop what they are doing.

Something must be going on for them to just up and drop the stuff that they have so far. Not saying your wrong, but I would not think they would do that by choice. I could be wrong. I don't see any sLyride supporters in here trying to set the record straight. Go figure.
Refuse to Lose!!!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Just like cockroaches, they scatter when the light comes on...but they don't die because of the light.

They will go hide in the corner and start up a new bunch of fake sites. Remember, skyride was just a name and a phone number. Since Google became a verb, good SEO can make any domain name a "winner".
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)