4 4
SkyDekker

Ukraine

4 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I've been wondering how well the Rat Cage on Top idea worked against US Javelin anti-tank missile's. Not too good, apparently.

So much for the rat cage idea.png

The “cage” concept works against RPGs and LAWs not much good against the tandem warheads of the larger anti-tank weapons.

2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Very true. Which is why Ryoder's idea of going after Putin's (Putler?) summer home might be a bad idea.

I disagree.

One delusional megalomaniac is responsible for everything happening in Ukraine, so take the battle to him. When his personal houses, yachts, etc, start going up in a puff of smoke, he will go non-linear, and those around him will have even more incentive to terminate his command with extreme prejudice.

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

I disagree.

One delusional megalomaniac is responsible for everything happening in Ukraine, so take the battle to him. When his personal houses, yachts, etc, start going up in a puff of smoke, he will go non-linear, and those around him will have even more incentive to terminate his command with extreme prejudice.

I agree! But not his yacht for christ's sake. There must be limits in a civilized world.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I agree! But not his yacht for christ's sake. There must be limits in a civilized world.

No mercy for boats. They all end up either at the bottom or broken for scrap anyway. They are just money pits like aircraft.

Edited by gowlerk

(edited)
1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Don't tell Ken that aircraft landed you on your yacht.

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

No mercy for boats. They all end up either at the bottom or broken for scrap anyway. They are just money pits like aircraft.

Everything is a money pit. But when you're off to the pearly gates. Both the A/C owner and the guy who never bought  one. Will have the same amount of cash in their pockets.

Edited by Phil1111

4 hours ago, airdvr said:

Vladimir Putin's Approval Rating Gets Boost: Poll

Ya think?  I wonder if this is the same thing Hussein had in Iraq.

Keep in mind Putin has been strongly cracking down on domestic dissent since the invasion started. I think a lot of Russians could be very wary of telling a random person on the phone that they don't like the President.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jakee said:

Keep in mind Putin has been strongly cracking down on domestic dissent since the invasion started. I think a lot of Russians could be very wary of telling a random person on the phone that they don't like the President.

Very true.

And in addition to the 'nobody's going to say bad things about the guy who kills people who say bad things about him' factor, the whole Russian propaganda machine is in full swing saying how bad Ukraine is, how good Russia is and how well the war is going. 

It's even reached the point that Putin's (Putler?) own advisors won't give him accurate information if it's bad news.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-putin-europe-00716c99579afeff701af31b32ef7c8c

One thing that's been interesting about this whole affair is how good US intel is and how willing they are to share it.

Most of the claims by Biden and the rest made about intel info have proven to be accurate. 
It was said that this is being done both to show the world what Putin's motives really are AND to show Putin that his comm channels are compromised.

If Putin has gone so far as to punish the people that tell him the truth (may or may not be happening), then he's in big trouble.

7 hours ago, airdvr said:

Vladimir Putin's Approval Rating Gets Boost: Poll

Ya think?  I wonder if this is the same thing Hussein had in Iraq.

Yep.  On Facebook, a conservative group was cheering about this - and posting insinuations that Zelensky is embezzling aid money.  They have also decided that since Ukraine was once under Russia's control, it's only fair that they can take it back.

Most conservatives still support Ukraine so far.  But the conservative support for Putin is real and growing.

9 hours ago, billvon said:

They have also decided that since Ukraine was once under Russia's control, it's only fair that they can take it back.

Great to hear that Republicans have as much respect for democracy overseas as they do at home.

On 4/3/2022 at 1:16 AM, jakee said:

Great to hear that Republicans have as much respect for democracy overseas as they do at home.

60 minutes had a feature story on how the UK was for sale to Russians with money on Sunday. Buy citizenship and wash rubles by buying politicians, real estate and other UK goods.

4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

60 minutes had a feature story on how the UK was for sale to Russians with money on Sunday. Buy citizenship and wash rubles by buying politicians, real estate and other UK goods.

The City of London pretty much runs on corrupt British bankers washing corrupt foreign money. And yes, the Russians have a particularly large amount of money to wash so have found a particularly welcoming home. 

Apparently the name Londongrad has been used in US intel / foreign policy circles for quite some time.

1 hour ago, jakee said:

The City of London pretty much runs on corrupt British bankers washing corrupt foreign money. And yes, the Russians have a particularly large amount of money to wash so have found a particularly welcoming home. 

Apparently the name Londongrad has been used in US intel / foreign policy circles for quite some time.

Hey, the largest empire the world has ever seen was built on piracy,  privateering and ingenuity by a tiny nation.  This is just the 21st Century version.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 2:56 PM, billvon said:

Yep.  On Facebook, a conservative group was cheering about this - and posting insinuations that Zelensky is embezzling aid money.  They have also decided that since Ukraine was once under Russia's control, it's only fair that they can take it back.

Most conservatives still support Ukraine so far.  But the conservative support for Putin is real and growing.

Parts of the USA were once under: Abenaki, Apache, Cherokee, Creek, Dakota, Eskimo, Haida, Hopi, Huron, Iroquois, Lakota, Migmaw, Ojibway, Oneida, Seminole, Sioux, Zuni, etc. control. Do American conservatives want to hand their land back to earlier rulers?

Hah!

Hah!

3 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

Parts of the USA were once under: Abenaki, Apache, Cherokee, Creek, Dakota, Eskimo, Haida, Hopi, Huron, Iroquois, Lakota, Migmaw, Ojibway, Oneida, Seminole, Sioux, Zuni, etc. control. Do American conservatives want to hand their land back to earlier rulers?

That's silly.  None of them were white.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Posted on FB by NerdGirl:

Good for the mood. But I have to say that, based on what seems to be real as the Russians are moving back in the north, I hope Biden is asking General Milley and whomever runs USSOCOM just what we can do to make life miserable for the Russians without getting caught.

On 4/2/2022 at 3:56 PM, billvon said:

Conservatives love to dream of nirvana; "a state of perfect quietude, freedom, highest happiness as well as the liberation from attachment and worldly suffering". Like America was just before the civil war.

Where masculine men rode bare chested on horseback. Overseeing willing subjects laboring in the fields.

spacer.png

Oh my.

Russian troops took over the Chernobyl nuke plant site (no longer producing power).

They kidnapped the Ukrainian soldiers guarding it, and then did a lot of surface damage to the facility.

One of the more disturbing things is that they had Russian soldiers dig in around the plant, in one of the more contaminated areas. 
They exposed their own troops to potentially hazardous levels of radioactivity.

Not really surprising, but disturbing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61048256

(edited)
On 4/7/2022 at 5:28 PM, JoeWeber said:

Good for the mood. But I have to say that, based on what seems to be real as the Russians are moving back in the north, I hope Biden is asking General Milley and whomever runs USSOCOM just what we can do to make life miserable for the Russians without getting caught.

Spread rumors about Ukrainian women having a wide variety of doubly nasty sexually transmitted diseases.

Any Russian soldier suspected of rape will have difficulty getting laid after he returns home!

Cue evil laughter!

Edited by riggerrob
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, metalslug said:

Not long after the 'gazpacho police' were a thing...

Russian MFA declares: Borscht was the cause of war

The next step involves us punishing those evil French vintiers for restricting the naming of alcoholic beverages to one specific region of French. For example, only bubbly wine made in the "Champagne" Region of France can be labelled "champagne." Every other similar bubbly drink must be labelled "sparkling apple cider" etc.).

Hah!

Hah!

Evil Frenchmen! Next thing you know, French cooks will claim to have invented certain recipes!

Hah!