2 2
brenthutch

Kamala Harris

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Isn't the state banning teachers from discussing certain things the exact opposite of "exercising free speech?"

And burning books, and banning black history.  There must be something there the right is terrified of.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Let me guess, you have a gay friend who just laughs, laughs and laughs when you make that joke.

He lives right next to the black friend who hates the woke culture and thinks that teaching CRT is criminal.  Really.  Just ask him.

Oh - update - that black friend is now a woman and hates Kamala Harris.

10 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Condoleezza Rice was a female person of color and I never heard her start a sentence with “I mean, listen guys” or cackle when asked a question.  

You've heard loads of other Presidents and Vice Presidents start sentences like that. Wasn't GWB's 'folksy charm' one of the main reasons he was elected?

Just because you guys are all wrapped up in identity politics doesn’t mean everyone else is.

Well, you just decided to compare her exclusively to another high level black female with a different job, rather than to anyone of a different gender and ethnicity who has previously done her job. I think you are about nothing but identity politics.

3 hours ago, jakee said:

Well, you just decided to compare her exclusively to another high level black female with a different job, rather than to anyone of a different gender and ethnicity who has previously done her job. I think you are about nothing but identity politics.

I didn’t compare her, I contrasted her.  

19 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I didn’t compare her, I contrasted her.  

Who gives a fuck? Compare or contrast, whatever. You chose Rice to do it solely and purely because you’re playing identity politics. 

17 minutes ago, jakee said:

Who gives a fuck? Compare or contrast, whatever. You chose Rice to do it solely and purely because you’re playing identity politics. 

No, I did it to disabuse you of the misogynist/racist narrative you guys are so fond of.  I not the only one who is not a Harris fanboy.

“When Harris ran for San Francisco district attorney in 2003, she pledged not to seek the death penalty because of her personal opposition to it.

But then in 2010, when Harris wanted to be attorney general of a state where voters consistently support capital punishment, she promised to enforce the death penalty. So much for those deeply held beliefs.

Biden handed dicey issues including immigration to his second in a way that was supposed to boost her visibility. For me, that move confirmed a suspicion that Biden picked Harris as insurance against impeachment attempts. (There were voices calling for his removal after the botched Afghanistan withdrawal.)

The RealClearPolitics polling average puts Harris underwater by 12 points, with nearly 53 percent of respondents having an unfavorable view of her. Biden is underwater by 6 points.”

She is more unpopular than Dick Cheney during the Iraq war :shockedcat:

12 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

No, I did it to disabuse you of the misogynist/racist narrative you guys are so fond of.  I not the only one who is not a Harris fanboy.

She is more unpopular than Dick Cheney during the Iraq war :shockedcat:

The misogynist/racist narrative FOX likes to feed you? What about the popularity of the Junior Bush president. The one that led the US into multiple wars that cost trillions? Tens of thousands of lives?

Anyway back to your FOX Feed.

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

“When Harris ran for San Francisco district attorney in 2003, she pledged not to seek the death penalty because of her personal opposition to it.

But then in 2010, when Harris wanted to be attorney general of a state where voters consistently support capital punishment, she promised to enforce the death penalty. S

That’s exactly how I want an elected official to behave. As DA, her job is to seek sentences — transparency about how her personal mores might impact that is important. As AG, her job is to execute what the state has decreed, NOT to overturn what the juries have ruled.

Compare that to a Catholic doctor in a non-religious hospital who not only won’t perform sterilizations himself or herself, but who overrules surgical decisions made by staff based on those religious beliefs  

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

No, I did it to disabuse you of the misogynist/racist narrative you guys are so fond of.  

Lol, how on earth did you figure it does that? It simply goes to reinforce the fact that you’re only throwing accusations of identity politics around because she’s a black female, and you’re only comparing her to Rice because they’re both black females. 

You could look at any number of white male Presidents and VPs who often speak in public in an informal way but you haven’t, and there’s only one reason for that.

8 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

The misogynist/racist narrative FOX likes to feed you? What about the popularity of the Junior Bush president. The one that led the US into multiple wars that cost trillions? Tens of thousands of lives?

Anyway back to your FOX Feed.

spacer.png

Hi Phil,

With Rush in that cartoon, it reminded me of Weekend at Bernie's.

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
On 3/15/2022 at 5:48 PM, brenthutch said:

What are you talking about, I started the Trump is an idiot thread.  
When I look at Harris, I see someone who is ill prepared, ineffectual and not serious.  I don’t judge her on her ethnicity or gender.  Condoleezza Rice was a female person of color and I never heard her start a sentence with “I mean, listen guys” or cackle when asked a question.  Just because you guys are all wrapped up in identity politics doesn’t mean everyone else is.

You are correct about the criticism bit, and I apologize.  I mis-addressed the comment to you, when it should have been directed to BigFalls, who first implied the ramblings of a teenager were actually comments by the VP.

Edited by TriGirl

19 minutes ago, TriGirl said:

You are correct about the criticism bit, and I apologize.  I mis-addressed the comment to you, when it should have been directed to BigFalls, who first implied the ramblings of a teenager were actually comments by the VP.

I didn't intend to imply that the ramblings were from the VP but I initially thought they were.  It seems to me that many politicians just want to talk and keep on talking longer than they should.

On 3/15/2022 at 4:58 PM, brenthutch said:

I’m not the VPOTUS

Now the previous POTUS has been asked what he would do if he were still President:

'Well what I would do, is I would -- we would -- we have tremendous military capability. And what we can do without planes, to be honest with you, without 44-year-old jets, what we can do is enormous, and we should be doing it and we should be helping them to survive and they’re doing an amazing job,' he said.

Now remember, you voted for those coherent thoughts, but are upset that the current VP doesn't meet your coherency standards. Explain to me again how you are objectively reviewing this....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Now the previous POTUS has been asked what he would do if he were still President:

'Well what I would do, is I would -- we would -- we have tremendous military capability. And what we can do without planes, to be honest with you, without 44-year-old jets, what we can do is enormous, and we should be doing it and we should be helping them to survive and they’re doing an amazing job,' he said.

Now remember, you voted for those coherent thoughts, but are upset that the current VP doesn't meet your coherency standards. Explain to me again how you are objectively reviewing this....

Hi Sky,

And, to stay on thread, some people worry about Ms. Harris becoming President.

Well, that idiot was actually President.

Jerry Baumchen

(edited)
3 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Pointing out one idiot is no defense of another idiot.

Whataboutism is weak sauce.

Edited by brenthutch