2 2
brenthutch

Kamala Harris

On 3/8/2022 at 2:23 PM, Bigfalls said:
On 3/8/2022 at 1:42 PM, brenthutch said:

She actually said this,

“So, Ukraine is a country in Europe," Harris explains while speaking slowly. “It exists next to another country called Russia,” she continued. “Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So, basically, that’s wrong”

It has been reported on social media that she went on to say

“I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don’t have maps and, uh, I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as and I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so that we ill be able to build up our future for our children.”

It seems that politicians like to talk and they keep on talking even when they have nothing to say and end up saying things that make no sense.

They don't seem to know when to stop talking.

Since I can't tell if Bigfalls is kidding (tone does not come through on a post), and no one else is addressing this, I feel the need to speak up.  Brent, please do stop.  Seriously?  Putting the words of a TEENAGED BEAUTY CONTESTANT into the mouth of Vice President of the United States?  Wow.  

I believe the first quote is Harris trying to explain the situation to Trump.  However it didn't work as some of her words had more than one syllable.

The second quote is from former beauty contestant Caitlin Upton, who was auditioning to be Trump's wife # 4.

(edited)
5 hours ago, TriGirl said:

Since I can't tell if Bigfalls is kidding (tone does not come through on a post), and no one else is addressing this, I feel the need to speak up.  Brent, please do stop.  Seriously?  Putting the words of a TEENAGED BEAUTY CONTESTANT into the mouth of Vice President of the United States?  Wow.  

I suspect it was intended as a case of Schroedinger's Douchebag - the poster retroactively decides whether they were kidding or serious based on how you react.

EDIT: Warning noted, but for the record this was never intended (veiled or not) as a PA. The phrase is a common one online and the behaviour was what I was calling out.

Edited by mistercwood

(edited)
7 hours ago, TriGirl said:

7 hours ago, TriGirl said:

It’s what I call a “Harry Reid”. I make the claim on social media, then quote social media as my source.  That said, is there really a substantial difference between the VP and the beauty queen?  After all they both leveraged their looks more than they did their intellect. 

That said, neither one is that impressive.

Edited by brenthutch

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

That said, is there really a substantial difference between the VP and the beauty queen?  After all they both leveraged their looks more than they did their intellect. 

Apart from the fact that it’s entirely false, that’s a great point.

(edited)
21 hours ago, TriGirl said:

I am being serious, a lot of them just don't know when to stop talking.

You know "quit while you are ahead"

Edited by Bigfalls

On 3/11/2022 at 12:19 PM, TriGirl said:

I agree that it's pretty sad.

But re the "seriously?" comment - Harris has been called a whore and a slut for having relationships with other politicians, and mocked as a "little brown girl" in political cartoons.  A New Jersey government official asked "what do you expect from a street walker who has no clue about America?"

The right has been after her for the past two years, and has said far worse things about her.  And Brent's highest aspiration here is to make people angry with political slurs.  It's what he does.

3 hours ago, gowlerk said:

It makes him feel like a man.

So, Ukraine is a country in Europe," Harris explains while speaking slowly. “It exists next to another country called Russia,” she continued. “Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So, basically, that’s wrong”

“I mean, listen, guys, we’re talking about the potential for war in Europe,” Harris said at one point Sunday in response to a question about how the Biden administration saw the situation’s “endgame” playing out.

“I mean, let’s really take a moment to understand the significance of what we’re talking about,” the veep went on. “It’s been over 70 years. And through those 70 years … there has been peace and security. We are talking about the real possibility of war in Europe.”

I’ll just let that marinate 

7 hours ago, brenthutch said:

So, Ukraine is a country in Europe," Harris explains while speaking slowly. “It exists next to another country called Russia,” she continued. “Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So, basically, that’s wrong”

She was asked to explain it simply then was mocked for explaining it simply. You seriously think there weren’t plenty of people listening who have no idea where Ukraine is? You can’t blame Harris for the fact that so many of your countrymen need global geography explained to them as if the were school kids.

7 hours ago, brenthutch said:

“I mean, listen, guys, we’re talking about the potential for war in Europe,” Harris said at one point Sunday in response to a question about how the Biden administration saw the situation’s “endgame” playing out.

“I mean, let’s really take a moment to understand the significance of what we’re talking about,” the veep went on. “It’s been over 70 years. And through those 70 years … there has been peace and security. We are talking about the real possibility of war in Europe.”

She’s not the only one to be speaking in those terms. Peace and security is a step to far, but ultimately this is the first time that an overt war of aggression and conquest by one recognised sovereign nation against another has been waged in Europe since WW2. There is a distinction.

• Like 2

(edited)
2 hours ago, jakee said:

She was asked to explain it simply then was mocked for explaining it simply. You seriously think there weren’t plenty of people listening who have no idea where Ukraine is? You can’t blame Harris for the fact that so many of your countrymen need global geography explained to them as if the were school kids.

In the second example, she was speaking to the international press at the Munich Security Conference in Germany. 

“I mean, listen guys, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall totally fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills, even the big hills, we shall never surrender because basically that would be wrong”

Harris channeling her inner Churchill 

Edited by brenthutch

In the second example, she was speaking to the international press at the Munich Security Conference in Germany. 

And saying the exact same thing many other European politicians have been saying. Again, this is the first overt war of conquest against a distinct sovereign state in Europe for 70 years. Anyone with a sense of context will understand what she’s talking about.

“I mean, listen guys, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall totally fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills, even the big hills, we shall never surrender because basically that would be wrong”

Harris channeling her inner Churchill 

No, that’s you channeling your inner fraud. When you have to invent things she never said to criticise her for saying them it kinda shows you don’t have any real point to make.

On 3/12/2022 at 5:03 PM, billvon said:

And Brent's highest aspiration here is to make people angry with political slurs.  It's what he does.

Easy solution to that problem.  The  "ignore" list is accessed from the top right of the screen..

• Like 3

On 3/12/2022 at 7:00 PM, brenthutch said:

She was asked to explain it too layman Americans. Probably should be more upset your VP had to use such simplistic terms to try and explain this to your fellow country men and women.

23 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

She was asked to explain it too layman Americans. Probably should be more upset your VP had to use such simplistic terms to try and explain this to your fellow country men and women.

In the second example, she was speaking to the international press at the Munich Security Conference in Germany.

On 3/12/2022 at 6:03 PM, billvon said:

I agree that it's pretty sad.

But re the "seriously?" comment - Harris has been called a whore and a slut for having relationships with other politicians, and mocked as a "little brown girl" in political cartoons.  A New Jersey government official asked "what do you expect from a street walker who has no clue about America?"

The right has been after her for the past two years, and has said far worse things about her.  And Brent's highest aspiration here is to make people angry with political slurs.  It's what he does.

Oh yes, I know all that.  Having been in that position for roughly 32 years (my military career), my problems are that 1) no one called him out for it (so I needed to do so), and 2) this nonsense still happens to educated, powerful women in this country (I'm sure it also happens in many of the other countries whose citizens participate on this forum, but as so-called world leadership goes, some of us still don't live that example). It's disgusting and I refuse to let it slide.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TriGirl said:

Oh yes, I know all that.  Having been in that position for roughly 32 years (my military career), my problems are that 1) no one called him out for it (so I needed to do so), and 2) this nonsense still happens to educated, powerful women in this country (I'm sure it also happens in many of the other countries whose citizens participate on this forum, but as so-called world leadership goes, some of us still don't live that example). It's disgusting and I refuse to let it slide.

Definitely agreed there.  I guess it's sort of sad that we just expect that kind of thing from some people here.

11 minutes ago, TriGirl said:

Oh yes, I know all that.  Having been in that position for roughly 32 years (my military career), my problems are that 1) no one called him out for it (so I needed to do so),

I called him out for it when he first started. I did it in a way that got me a warning. That's when I started blocking him.

(edited)
1 hour ago, TriGirl said:

It has nothing to do with her gender or education, it is her inability to speak in a serious manner.  When someone is a heartbeat away from the most powerful position in the world, especially in a time of global crisis, we should expect more than someone who starts sentences with “I mean, listen guys” when addressing the international press.  

It’s more than just style it is substance as well.  She actually said this,
“The United States stands firmly with the people of Ukraine in defense of the NATO alliance”

Apparently she is unaware that Ukraine is not a member of NATO

How about this gem?

“I am here. Standing. Here. on the northern flank, on the eastern flank, talking about what we have in terms of the eastern flank and our NATO allies, and what is at stake at this very moment.”

https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/03/12/battenfeld-kamala-harris-fumbles-and-bumbles-her-way-through-ukraine-crisis/

“Harris is making Sarah Palin look prepared.”

Edited by brenthutch

4 hours ago, kallend said:

Easy solution to that problem.  The  "ignore" list is accessed from the top right of the screen..

You should absolutely ignore people who 's world view differs from yours.  It's all the rage in Russia these days.

43 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

It has nothing to do with her gender or education, it is her inability to speak in a serious manner.  When someone is a heartbeat away from the most powerful position in the world, especially in a time of global crisis, we should expect more than someone who starts sentences with “I mean, listen guys” when addressing the international press.  

It’s more than just style it is substance as well.  She actually said this,
“The United States stands firmly with the people of Ukraine in defense of the NATO alliance”

Apparently she is unaware that Ukraine is not a member of NATO

How about this gem?

“I am here. Standing. Here. on the northern flank, on the eastern flank, talking about what we have in terms of the eastern flank and our NATO allies, and what is at stake at this very moment.”

https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/03/12/battenfeld-kamala-harris-fumbles-and-bumbles-her-way-through-ukraine-crisis/

“Harris is making Sarah Palin look prepared.”

I am here. Standing. Here. in the Unites States of America............ wondering what the heck she is talking about.