2 2
brenthutch

Kamala Harris

33 minutes ago, billvon said:

Yet you mentioned it in your very first post.  Clearly you do care about it - a lot.

You need to go back and re-read this thread.  I’m on the side of competence and experience, the Ds obsess over gender and ethnicity.  It’s called identity politics. 
https://www.npr.org/2018/12/20/673937768/democrats-cant-avoid-identity-politics-in-2020

Just to be clear there are plenty of qualified black females Condoleezza Rice for example.  Harris is just not one of them.  

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Can you find an example of where I supported her?  There was plenty of Palin bashing (justified) on this forum, I didn’t have anything to add.  If I felt differently you would have known.

So in her case it wasn't because of identity politics, she was just incompetent, but for Harris it must be her ethnicity and gender.

34 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I’m on the side of competence and experience, the Ds obsess over gender and ethnicity.

Which is also a lie, since you just before stated that with Palin you didn't say anything. But with Harris for some reason you feel the need to break it down to just gender and ethnicity.

You aren't on the side of competence and experience, you appear to be on the side of denigrating woman of colour who don't share your political slant.

14 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

So in her case it wasn't because of identity politics, she was just incompetent, but for Harris it must be her ethnicity and gender.

NO! You are missing the point ENTIRELY.  She is incompetent because she is incompetent.  The was selected in large part because of her ethnicity and gender by DEMOCRATS!!!

Watch the video, she is being slammed for her lack of competency NOT her race or gender.

Edited by brenthutch

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/united-states/kamala-harris-has-been-a-disaster-as-vice-president/video/50d51309f5822ad3e6ad35fb1c6f2c7e

The congresswoman says “identity politics” played a part in Joe Biden’s decision to nominate Kamala Harris as his running mate in 2020, arguing the America’s incumbent VP has been a “disaster” in the role.

Tulsi Gabbard (D) agrees with me. 

40 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

NO! You are missing the point ENTIRELY.  She is incompetent because she is incompetent.  The was selected in large part because of her ethnicity and gender by DEMOCRATS!!!

And there are lots of people claiming Palin was selected only because she was female. You agreed she was incompetent. Yet, your reaction has been completely different.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

And there are lots of people claiming Palin was selected only because she was female. You agreed she was incompetent. Yet, your reaction has been completely different.

Being that Palin is not our VP perhaps you'd like to address the issue at hand.  She's a heartbeat away from being POTUS and so far appears to be clueless.

Just now, airdvr said:

Being that Palin is not our VP perhaps you'd like to address the issue at hand.  She's a heartbeat away from being POTUS and so far appears to be clueless.

In my opinion you already had at least one POTUS who was totally clueless. Having one a heartbeat away and only appearing to be clueless is a large improvement for the USA. You should be celebrating like you won a World Championship in a competition that only took place in the US!

• Like 2

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/united-states/kamala-harris-has-been-a-disaster-as-vice-president/video/50d51309f5822ad3e6ad35fb1c6f2c7e

The congresswoman says “identity politics” played a part in Joe Biden’s decision to nominate Kamala Harris as his running mate in 2020, arguing the America’s incumbent VP has been a “disaster” in the role.

Tulsi Gabbard (D) agrees with me. 

Fair enough. On the evidence, given that the enterprise folded in spite of a large government subsidy, you were a disaster as a DZ Manager. Are you quitting skydiving or here in shame?

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

What about Trump?  What about Palin? What about Cheney?  
Biden is The President and Harris is VP.  Deal with that, don’t make it about something other than the topic of the thread.

Since you are obviously a Harris fanboy, why don’t you regale us with her many accomplishments. 

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

Biden is The President and Harris is VP.  Deal with that, don’t make it about something other than the topic of the thread.

Since you are obviously a Harris fanboy, why don’t you regale us with her many accomplishments. 

Get F'n over it, Brent. You know damn well she was the price of admission. That said she's not a fool or an idiot. She's an accomplished professional with genuine credentials. But you, in all of your own glory, just carry on sitting in judgement.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Get F'n over it, Brent. You know damn well she was the price of admission. That said she's not a fool or an idiot. She's an accomplished professional with genuine credentials. But you, in all of your own glory, just carry on sitting in judgement.

Yes she is an accomplished professional with genuine credentials, along with thousands of others.  What in her portfolio makes her uniquely qualified to be VP?

45 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Nah, I just don't change criticism based on race or gender.

45 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The topic you set was a female chosen because, in your opinion, she was of the preferred gender and\or ethnicity. That is exactly like Palin. Your difference in handling and your refusal to acknowledge that shows exactly what you really mean.

Harris is probably allowed to meet people even without approval from "mother". Another huge step forward for US governance. 

Edited by SkyDekker

22 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Yes she is an accomplished professional with genuine credentials, along with thousands of others.  What in her portfolio makes her uniquely qualified to be VP?

Well, she ticks all the boxes your Founding Fathers put into the Constitution and we all know they were the best people who wrote the best document. All Americans say so, so it must be true. Plus, I think I saw it on Facebook.

Do you know better?

Edited by SkyDekker

41 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Nothing, same as the vast majority of vice presidential candidates. Kind of like Mike Pence.

Since there is apparently no one in the entire universe whom you would consider to actually be qualified for anything if you might be challenged on your opinion, (you’re always full of how you think (whoever) is an idiot also), I have no idea of what you might consider to be uniquely qualifying characteristics.

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Well, she ticks all the boxes your Founding Fathers put into the Constitution and we all know they were the best people who wrote the best document. All Americans say so, so it must be true. Plus, I think I saw it on Facebook.

Do you know better?

Sounds a bit like jealousy.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

About a million years ago I was working for a large defense contractor.  I was working with a woman, Barbara, who was brilliant.  She did a lot of the design work on our F-14 avionics tester.

For a trade show they made up some posters, including her picture as one of the designers.  One of the generals wanted to see the engineers that worked on it, not some model.  I mean, come on - she was blonde and tall.  What idiot is going to think she's an engineer?  The contractor immediately took down her picture so as not to anger the customer.

Looks like that attitude hasn't changed in the past 30 years.

I you really wanted someone whose portfolio qualifies them uniquely for VP or POTUS, that would be Hillary Clinton.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Nothing, same as the vast majority of vice presidential candidates. Kind of like Mike Pence.

Since there is apparently no one in the entire universe whom you would consider to actually be qualified for anything if you might be challenged on your opinion, (you’re always full of how you think (whoever) is an idiot also), I have no idea of what you might consider to be uniquely qualifying characteristics.

Wendy P. 

JFK chose Johnson to lock down the Southern vote, Reagan chose Bush to unify the party, Clinton chose Gore because of his experience in foreign policy, environmentalism  and a reputation as a family man, Bush chose Cheney so there was an adult in the mix, Obama chose Biden because he was “Ol’ working class Joe from Scranton” to balance out the youth and exotic nature of Obama, Trump chose Pence because he wanted a low profile yes-man that would not compete with his enormous yet fragile ego.  Harris was chosen because Biden wanted….???

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Don't be silly. What in a VP's portfolio requires unique qualifications? 

And you give yourself away
And you give
And you give

10 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Don't be silly. What in a VP's portfolio requires unique qualifications? 

Yup. Look at history. 
The VP slot was often a 'reward' for competent past performances.

It was often a 'bargaining chip' to bring in people who wouldn't have voted for the main candidate.

It was sometimes even a 'parking spot' for troublesome politicians, putting them in a position that had prestige, but little duties or power (especially when the Senate wasn't closely divided).

Look at Teddy Roosevelt for the last one.

He had become something of a crusader, and was annoying the political machine in New York. 
So he was 'promoted' to VP to get rid of him, which worked great until McKinley got killed.

4 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Yup. Look at history. 
The VP slot was often a 'reward' for competent past performances.

It was often a 'bargaining chip' to bring in people who wouldn't have voted for the main candidate.

It was sometimes even a 'parking spot' for troublesome politicians, putting them in a position that had prestige, but little duties or power (especially when the Senate wasn't closely divided).

Look at Teddy Roosevelt for the last one.

He had become something of a crusader, and was annoying the political machine in New York. 
So he was 'promoted' to VP to get rid of him, which worked great until McKinley got killed.

Hi Joe,

And Truman was considered just a good guy to play poker with & drink bourbon with; not much else.  IMO he was a great POTUS.

Jerry Baumchen

17 hours ago, brenthutch said:
17 hours ago, headoverheels said:

I you really wanted someone whose portfolio qualifies them uniquely for VP or POTUS, that would be Hillary Clinton.

She was tested for President and the results came back negative.

Actually, the results were quite positive.  More Americans voted for her than for her opponent.

• Like 7