2 2
brenthutch

Kamala Harris

Personally, I’m also sick of the changing goalposts that make criticizing someone you disagree with so generalized from specific pieces, while praising someone you agree with is so easy to generalize from just as insignificant data.

Responding to him tends to keep it up more. Kind of like other things  

Wendy P. 

On 3/12/2022 at 5:03 PM, billvon said:

I agree that it's pretty sad.

But re the "seriously?" comment - Harris has been called a whore and a slut for having relationships with other politicians, and mocked as a "little brown girl" in political cartoons.  A New Jersey government official asked "what do you expect from a street walker who has no clue about America?"

The right has been after her for the past two years, and has said far worse things about her.  And Brent's highest aspiration here is to make people angry with political slurs.  It's what he does.

IMO this all originates with FOX and the other right wing media. The late night Tucker Carlson types that paint every liberal woman as stupid, incompetent and ignorant for leaving the kitchen.

What they say, how they say it, when they say it. Is all meat for an insult. Unfortunately their audience sucks it all up

On a side note I was astonished that a FOX reporter was killed today. They must have been getting some background footage to supplement their RT news feed.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

It has nothing to do with her gender or education, it is her inability to speak in a serious manner.  When someone is a heartbeat away from the most powerful position in the world, especially in a time of global crisis, we should expect more than someone who starts sentences with “I mean, listen guys” when addressing the international press.  

When was the last time you had a President who wouldn't address the press like that? 

(edited)
1 hour ago, airdvr said:

You should absolutely ignore people who 's world view differs from yours.  It's all the rage in Russia these days.

After all the years I've been here, I've only got one person on my ignore list.  A very obvious TROLL.

I disagree with you and Billeisel on most things, but I read your posts.

Edited by kallend

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

You should absolutely ignore people who 's world view differs from yours.  It's all the rage in Russia these days.

It's not about the differing views, it's about someone who has spent literal years here refusing to engage in good faith on any topic of discussion. That's actually a rarity.

There's plenty of people here who have wildly different world views to me, yourself included, but we can still talk things out when we want to - I wouldn't be going in knowing in advance it was 100% a waste of my time.

(edited)
1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Personally, I’m also sick of the changing goalposts that make criticizing someone you disagree with so generalized from specific pieces, while praising someone you agree with is so easy to generalize from just as insignificant data.

Responding to him tends to keep it up more. Kind of like other things  

Wendy P. 

Kamala is to other professional women of color what Frank Drebin was to Enrico Palazzo

Edited by brenthutch

“A USA Today-Suffolk University poll placed Vice President Kamala Harris’ approval ratings at 28%, 10 points below that of President Joe Biden. The U.K. Telegraph tweeted: “With Kamala Harris looking unelectable, the Democrats are considering the nuclear option. Whispers in Washington suggest Joe Biden’s camp has a plan to find a more popular replacement ahead of the 2024 battle.”

When Harris ran for president, she dropped out before the Iowa caucus, the first contest in the primary. She garnered little support from her home state, California. Harris got called out for hypocrisy during a debate by rival Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, for — among other things — prosecuting marijuana crimes only to make light in an interview about smoking marijuana.”

Yet you support her?

https://www.dailynews.com/2021/12/02/like-it-or-not-the-democrats-are-stuck-with-kamala-harris/

Supporting her as Vice President, and respecting her achievements, is not the same as thinking she’d be the next ideal president. You voted for Trump at least in 201), I assume — does that mean yiu think Mike Pence would be a good next president?

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Supporting her as Vice President, and respecting her achievements, is not the same as thinking she’d be the next ideal president. You voted for Trump at least in 201), I assume — does that mean yiu think Mike Pence would be a good next president?

Wendy P. 

What achievements?

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

“A USA Today-Suffolk University poll placed Vice President Kamala Harris’ approval ratings at 28%, 10 points below that of President Joe Biden. The U.K. Telegraph tweeted: “With Kamala Harris looking unelectable, the Democrats are considering the nuclear option. Whispers in Washington suggest Joe Biden’s camp has a plan to find a more popular replacement ahead of the 2024 battle.”

When Harris ran for president, she dropped out before the Iowa caucus, the first contest in the primary. She garnered little support from her home state, California. Harris got called out for hypocrisy during a debate by rival Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, for — among other things — prosecuting marijuana crimes only to make light in an interview about smoking marijuana.”

Yet you support her?

https://www.dailynews.com/2021/12/02/like-it-or-not-the-democrats-are-stuck-with-kamala-harris/

I support that Biden, not Trump, is President because of her. I absolutely do not support the thinly veiled sexism that drives your discourse. She no "valley girl". She's an accomplished professional navigating uncharted waters. You owe yourself better.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

“A USA Today-Suffolk University poll placed Vice President Kamala Harris’ approval ratings at 28%, 10 points below that of President Joe Biden.

Yet you support her?

As always there are the right wing polls you find that support GOP attack targets. Then like a overweight, 16 year old, high school football player at McDonalds. You munch on down on that idea.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

What achievements?

The ones that are not supported by republican, white, males.

All you have to do is look and there will be objective, statistical opinions.Below from LA Times.

"Since taking office, Harris has been assigned one of the administration’s thorniest issues: stemming the influx of immigrants attempting to cross U.S. borders. Republicans have sought to make her the face of an issue that they believe could help them politically....Harris, like other female politicians, has increasingly become the target of online abuse. As Harris’ stature has increased, so has the volume of sexist, violent and misogynistic attacks against her on social media, with researchers finding hundreds of thousands of examples....As the country has become more partisan, vice presidents have been less likely to enjoy broad support among the public. Pence, for example, had a net favorability of roughly zero for much of his four years in the White House"

Harris has a popularity rating only one percent less than President Biden.So for a Black, educated, woman she is running one percent less than President Biden. Having been the whipping woman for the right wing of US, GOP, FOX partizan attacks.

22 hours ago, brenthutch said:

t has nothing to do with her gender or education, it is her inability to speak in a serious manner.

I have no problem with someone criticizing an elected leader for a mistake.  I do have a problem with relating her to an ill-educated teenage pageant contestant (or some of the worse comparisons and criticisms referenced in this thread).  And if you're so hung up on elected leaders not speaking in a serious manner, please refer me to all of your criticisms of the previous administration.  Because... damn.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TriGirl said:

I have no problem with someone criticizing an elected leader for a mistake.  I do have a problem with relating her to an ill-educated teenage pageant contestant (or some of the worse comparisons and criticisms referenced in this thread).  And if you're so hung up on elected leaders not speaking in a serious manner, please refer me to all of your criticisms of the previous administration.  Because... damn.

Hi Tri,

And, a lot of people in this country thought even less of Harry Truman when he took the oath as POTUS.  He rose to the occasion and I am sure she would, if req'd.

Jerry Baumchen

3 hours ago, TriGirl said:

What are you talking about, I started the Trump is an idiot thread.  
When I look at Harris, I see someone who is ill prepared, ineffectual and not serious.  I don’t judge her on her ethnicity or gender.  Condoleezza Rice was a female person of color and I never heard her start a sentence with “I mean, listen guys” or cackle when asked a question.  Just because you guys are all wrapped up in identity politics doesn’t mean everyone else is.

When there are senate candidates who don't believe in evolution because there are still apes around.

When states are proposing the death penalty for women who get abortions.

When towns are trying to ban hello and replace it with heaveno

When states are banning teachers from discussing the existence of homosexuality

When all that is going on, I am not sure a VP using simple language is really the most important issue to focus on.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

When there are senate candidates who don't believe in evolution because there are still apes around.

When states are proposing the death penalty for women who get abortions.

When towns are trying to ban hello and replace it with heaveno

When states are banning teachers from discussing the existence of homosexuality

When all that is going on, I am not sure a VP using simple language is really the most important issue to focus on.

Looks like you are majoring in the minors.  The person who is a heartbeat away from the presidency is unprepared, ineffectual and unserious and you think a bunch of wackos exercising free speech is your most pressing concern.

28 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Looks like you are majoring in the minors.  The person who is a heartbeat away from the presidency is unprepared, ineffectual and unserious and you think a bunch of wackos exercising free speech is your most pressing concern.

Isn't the state banning teachers from discussing certain things the exact opposite of "exercising free speech?"

You had a president who was never prepared for anything and generally just repeated whatever the last person told him. His briefings had to be notoriously short and full of pictures, cause he didn't read them. List goes on and on. You voted for that at least once, but now you are concerned that a VP doesn't speak eloquently?

Nobody believes you.

20 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Isn't the state banning teachers from discussing certain things the exact opposite of "exercising free speech?"

I’m pretty sure the LGTBQRSTUVWXYZ community will survive if we don’t teach kindergartners about anal sex.

8 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I’m pretty sure the LGTBQRSTUVWXYZ community will survive if we don’t teach kindergartners about anal sex.

And I am sure the GOP would survive if you ban "Sieg Heil", yet you would be the first to condemn the infringement on free speech.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Interesting that you consider Kamala Harris’s speech to be overly informal when you say shit like this.

Wendy P. 

• Like 1