2 2
turtlespeed

How about some good news for a change!!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

Colonel Ty Seidule is Professor and Head of the Department of History at the United States Military Academy, West Point, NY. He has served in the U.S. Army in the United States, Germany, Italy, the Balkans, Saudi Arabia and Iraq.

I don't like PragerU as they're far too didactic but that was a good, clear explanation.

 

I think it's Winsor on here who would always call it the war of northern aggression and use the "States' rights" line to justify the Confederate position. And it's like, so what? States shouldn't have the right to enslave their subjects, they're still in the wrong no matter what semantic evasions are used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ryoder said:

It's one thing for a despot to quietly try to suppress the truth to his advantage. But quite another thing to be so deranged as to say it out loud in public. 

President Xi is also a despot. But he handles the covid response in exactly the opposite way trump does. While trump has completely given up on a national covid response. China and Xi recently completed a 11 million testing response in one small geographic area. Both will lie, conceal and spin covid issues.

But Xi does it to stamp covid out, among other reasons. trump seems indifferent to the elimination of covid as long as personal responsibility isn't attached to him.

As far as him uttering that statement in a national speech. IMO it arises out of arrogance and narcissism. But more important is shows that he doesn't understand or care about eliminating US covid. That his base thinks the same or doesn't understand the issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Best line of last night. trump "the more you test the more cases you get so I told my people, slow the testing down".

Hi Phil,

I caught that on the late news yesterday & I could not believe that anyone could be so stupid as to say something like that.

But, there you have it:  Trump

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  I spent 30 yrs working with mfr's and their quality programs.  A lot of them would say, 'We don't have any quality problems so why do we need a quality program?'  Well, duh, how about you actually look and see what you do have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Phil,

I caught that on the late news yesterday & I could not believe that anyone could be so stupid as to say something like that.

But, there you have it:  Trump

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  I spent 30 yrs working with mfr's and their quality programs.  A lot of them would say, 'We don't have any quality problems so why do we need a quality program?'  Well, duh, how about you actually look and see what you do have?

 

F6BCC14C-1C31-4C0C-8D5C-EFEC47245E1F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, DJL said:

Considering his win over HRC this is a dangerous assumption.

It all depends on who is motivated enough to vote this time. The effects of Covid-19 and GOP voter suppression combined are a big unknown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

It all depends on who is motivated enough to vote this time. The effects of Covid-19 and GOP voter suppression combined are a big unknown.

Those are two things affecting D numbers more than R.  Covid is more prevalent in more densely populated areas where Democrats live also Democrats tend to take the threat more seriously and may not go to the polls.  This Double Whammy of voter suppression could hand Trump the win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kallend said:

Do you think Donny will take this as a personal affront?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, yoink said:

He takes everything as a personal affront. Look for passive aggressive texts tonight.

Well, the question of whether or not Trump can be investigated and his records subpoenaed is still before them. 

I have a feeling that his uncharachteristic restraint (both in person and online) in not blasting their prior rulings (except to say that 'they don't like him') is in the hope that by 'playing nice', they will be more likely to rule in his favor. 

Given the fact that Roberts has ruled along the lines of 'law and precedent' in the cases that have come down (particularly the abortion case - where he disagreed with the law but insisted on following precedent), I would hope that they will rule along the lines of 'no man is above the law'. 

THAT meltdown will be rather spectacular (if it gets ruled that way).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that former vice president Joe Biden leads President Trump 55 percent to 40 percent among registered voters. That compares with a 10-point Biden lead in May and a two-point edge in March. Among those who say they are certain to vote in the presidential election, Biden’s lead stands at 11 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kallend said:

A Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that former vice president Joe Biden leads President Trump 55 percent to 40 percent among registered voters. That compares with a 10-point Biden lead in May and a two-point edge in March. Among those who say they are certain to vote in the presidential election, Biden’s lead stands at 11 points.

Don't believe the polls.  Assume it's neck and neck and your vote could tip the proverbial scales.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2020 at 6:12 PM, BIGUN said:

It's a simple solution really. Name all the bases and put up statues in honor of those 3,520 Medal of Honor recipients. Of those, 90 of the MoH's went to 89 African-Americans (Sweeney was awarded twice). Who's gonna take exception to an MoH recipient.    

That's a good idea. A great idea might be to name a few after Gold Star mothers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

That's a good idea. A great idea might be to name a few after Gold Star mothers.

In the comments section of the article linked earlier, a reader suggested "Gold Star Base."  Honors those who died and those who lost.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
9 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

That's a good idea. A great idea might be to name a few after Gold Star mothers.

There is a Gold Star National Monument in the works. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Star_Mothers_National_Monument

The criteria for "Memorialization" is pretty much the same for all branches of service. Primary being must have served. The Army's criteria is found in AR 1-33; Section 2-1

Edited by BIGUN
spelelingly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oil rigs are back on and crews are going back to work as prices recover from the COVID panic.  We are now producing more oil and gas than Iraq and Kuwait combined.   (I know that some of you were terribly worried about the fate of workers in the oil patch)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Oil rigs are back on and crews are going back to work as prices recover from the COVID panic.  We are now producing more oil and gas than Iraq and Kuwait combined.   (I know that some of you were terribly worried about the fate of workers in the oil patch)

Given the amount of US reserves, and the reduction in demand. and we're still at reduced number of rigs, yeah...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

2 2