2 2
turtlespeed

How about some good news for a change!!

(edited)

And as sports, companies and organizations across the world start to look at removing names and statues that glorify those who promoted and profited from racism, Trump does, well, what Trump does.

Trump rejects calls to drop Confederate base names

because ‘they’re part of a great American heritage’.

Edited by yoink

11 minutes ago, yoink said:

And as sports, companies and organizations across the world start to look at removing names and statues that glorify those who promoted and profited from racism, Trump does, well, what Trump does.

Trump rejects calls to drop Confederate base names

because ‘they’re part of a great American heritage’.

At least there will never be a fort named Impeached Trump.

22 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I still think there is a chance the Navy to assign "USS Trump" to a garbage scow.

The USN has sewage barges to offload sewage from ships,Sewage Ship Waste Offload Barge (S-SWOB). For when piers don't have sewers. Entirely appropriate should one need a name.

22 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

The USN has sewage barges to offload sewage from ships,Sewage Ship Waste Offload Barge (S-SWOB). For when piers don't have sewers. Entirely appropriate should one need a name.

I would hope the Navy has more respect and honor than to even consider such a move.

2 minutes ago, normiss said:

I would hope the Navy has more respect and honor than to even consider such a move.

Well the USN has been humiliated and debased by trump before. US President Donald Trump has defended a reported White House request to hide a warship named for his late critic, John McCain, during his trip to Japan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

From that perspective, our entire country has and is repeatedly humiliated and debased by Trump and his supporters.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yoink said:

And as sports, companies and organizations across the world start to look at removing names and statues that glorify those who promoted and profited from racism,

The NFL may finally deal with the Washington team name issue.

8 hours ago, normiss said:

I completely agree. Doing the right thing means doing the right thing, even when you feel like doing the satisfying thing. Because it's right forever, and satisfying only for a moment.

Wendy P.

9 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Alternatively, state/county/city entities could preserve the memory of Trump. e.g.

- Trump Psychiatric Hospital

- Trump Sewage Treatment Plant

- Trump Swamp

- Trump Landfill (aka Trump Dump)

9 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

I completely agree. Doing the right thing means doing the right thing, even when you feel like doing the satisfying thing. Because it's right forever, and satisfying only for a moment.

Wendy P.

So you agree with the Army latrine named trump in order to honor his presidency?

Just now, ryoder said:

Alternatively, state/county/city entities could preserve the memory of Trump. e.g.

- Trump Psychiatric Hospital

- Trump Sewage Treatment Plant

- Trump Swamp

- Trump Landfill (aka Trump Dump)

What about the Army latrine? It could have the faux gold fixtures and brothel style window coverings that trump is so fond of?

2 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

What about the Army latrine? It could have the faux gold fixtures and brothel style window coverings that trump is so fond of?

I see no reason to limit the number of things named after Trump.

Now that you mention brothels, how about some NV brothels...oh wait...there already is one named for him: The Chicken Ranch.

2 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Oh come on. No, it's stupid and childish. Don't name anything after him, that'd be fine. But the best memory of something awful is none at all.

Perhaps, but then you run the risk of that whole thing about history repeating itself.

2 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I see no reason to limit the number of things named after Trump.

Now that you mention brothels, how about some NV brothels...oh wait...there already is one named for him: The Chicken Ranch.

OK as long as they are buildings and institutions that reflect trump's character, values(lack) and  debased stupidity.

8 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Oh come on. No, it's stupid and childish. Don't name anything after him, that'd be fine. But the best memory of something awful is none at all.

Wendy P.

What better way to remember a stupid and childish man(child), than stupid and childish naming?

15 hours ago, kallend said:

NASCAR STATEMENT June 10, 2020 at 4:45 PM

“The presence of the confederate flag at NASCAR events runs contrary to our commitment to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all fans, our competitors and our industry. Bringing people together around a love for racing and the community that it creates is what makes our fans and sport special. The display of the confederate flag will be prohibited from all NASCAR events and properties.”

NASCAR driver Ray Ciccarelli says he's leaving at season's end over Confederate flag ban

“Well its been a fun ride and dream come true but if this is the direction Nascar is headed we will not participate after 2020 season is over, I don't believe in kneeling during Anthem nor taken [people] right to fly what ever flag they love." 

“I could care less about the Confederate Flag but there are ppl that do and it doesn't make them a racist all you are doing is f---ing one group to cater to another and I ain't spend the money we are to participate in any political BS!! So everything is for SALE!!”

38 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

So you agree with the Army latrine named trump in order to honor his presidency?

It's over 20 years ago now, but I got to visit both the USS Carl Vinson and the USS Eisenhower at sea, and one of them (I forget which) had a head on the hangar deck named for a Lt. who had been killed.  It had a plaque "Lt. xxxxxxxx Memorial Head"

18 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

NASCAR driver Ray Ciccarelli says he's leaving at season's end over Confederate flag ban

“Well its been a fun ride and dream come true but if this is the direction Nascar is headed we will not participate after 2020 season is over, I don't believe in kneeling during Anthem nor taken [people] right to fly what ever flag they love." 

“I could care less about the Confederate Flag but there are ppl that do and it doesn't make them a racist all you are doing is f---ing one group to cater to another and I ain't spend the money we are to participate in any political BS!! So everything is for SALE!!”

Who?

4 minutes ago, normiss said:

Who?

Exactly. When Earnhardt Jr., Johnson, etc. called for it France decided it was time and NASCAR is pretty redneck.

With the NFL and NASCAR on the BLM movement trump is getting further and further into his self made corner. With his evangelicals and white fascists. I wonder how many confederate flags will fly at his folly next week in Tulsa.

37 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Exactly. When Earnhardt Jr., Johnson, etc. called for it France decided it was time and NASCAR is pretty redneck.

With the NFL and NASCAR on the BLM movement trump is getting further and further into his self made corner. With his evangelicals and white fascists. I wonder how many confederate flags will fly at his folly next week in Tulsa.

EaOstQOWoAAkH6o.jpg

46 minutes ago, kallend said:

... USS Carl Vinson

Representative Carl Vinson of Georgia.".Vinson’s congressional career spanned a half a century and included longtime service as chairman of the Committee on Naval Affairs and its successor, the Committee on Armed Services. A colorful character, the Georgia Congressman spoke with a thick southern accent and chewed tobacco during committee hearings. Vinson, who claimed never to have had one of his defense bills defeated, had several nicknames including “Swamp Fox,” for his ability to guide military-related legislation through the House, and “the Admiral,” for his central role expanding the Navy....At the time of his retirement, Vinson was the longest serving Member in House history. He also earned the distinction of being the first living individual to have a U.S. Navy vessel—one of the first nuclear aircraft carriers—named in his honor."