1 1

Are you Americans crazy enough to put Donald Trump in office?

Trump is RIGHT that America was great.
Trump is RIGHT that America will be great again.

After Trump leaves the Presidency.

Berlusconi the ex PM of Italy for whom a book was authored suitably titled "Berlusconi: The Epic Story of the Billionaire Who Took Over Italy" By Alan Friedman. Served nine years a PM.

Hopefully US citizens will tire of pandering, self promoting, bluster and his out-sized ego before then.

Phil1111

Trump is RIGHT that America was great.

Berlusconi the ex PM of Italy for whom a book was authored suitably titled "Berlusconi: The Epic Story of the Billionaire Who Took Over Italy" By Alan Friedman. Served nine years a PM.

Hopefully US citizens will tire of pandering, self promoting, bluster and his out-sized ego before then.

Funny, I mentioned the Berlusconi analogy here before. People just don't learn from history -- even when it's that recent. This already happened in Italy with the same type of personality and it ended quite badly for that country. They're still trying to pick up the pieces.

I wouldn't put it beyond America to elect Donald Trump -- and then re-elect him. If it happened with GWB, it can happen with any idiot.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Phil1111

really? why change a pattern that's been in place for the last couple decades?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

masterblaster72

***Trump is RIGHT that America was great.

Funny, I mentioned the Berlusconi analogy here before. People just don't learn from history -- even when it's that recent. This already happened in Italy with the same type of personality and it ended quite badly for that country. They're still trying to pick up the pieces.

I wouldn't put it beyond America to elect Donald Trump -- and then re-elect him. If it happened with GWB, it can happen with any idiot.

They did the very same thing to Obama - Ebidentlee weuns don't learn so gud.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Amazing run of Donald Trump, and he can say what ever he wants, and the crowd cheer him as an hero.

Im just wondering if this is reality, or is it just a huge scam. Im afraid Americans reputation is destroyed for ever, if he is going to get close to actually be elected, and if he gets elected, what then?

Seriously, what then! The world leader is going to be Trump Dynasty.

There is no sense in chaos, even if everything is owned and being controlled by the real power, and he can not do to much damage, he is your face outward.

Give me 3 good reasons why you want Donald in office?

What happend after Usa broke the back of the bear? What did Russia get after Jeltsin?

Well, Usa is like Trump as person. Make sure you own others so incredible much money, so they for sure do not fuck you over and make you bankrupt! Good plan for sure. Because of your dept, the whole world will work it out for you. Trump is the right man :ph34r:

billvon

>Seriously, what then!

Best case - the US survives, and then in four years, people take off their "D vs R" glasses and elect someone better. And that would be a very good thing overall.

For many, those glasses are too expensive to just throw away.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

billvon

>Seriously, what then!

Best case - the US survives, and then in four years, people take off their "D vs R" glasses and elect someone better. And that would be a very good thing overall.

That and:

-Recognize the outstanding insight-fullness of the US founding fathers for inserting the checks and balances in the US constitution.

- Force voters to understand that no government is perfect, that democracy is messy but better than neo-fascism, authoritarianism, etc.

-Provide the entire world including comedians with a reality-TV personality that would fuel the morbid fascination of all.

The German view now:
" America's Agitator: Donald Trump Is the World's Most Dangerous Man...

"Believe me, I'll change things. And again, we're going to be so respected. I don't want to use the word 'feared,'" he told the audience. But that is precisely what Trump wants: to be feared. His bid for the White House, long ridiculed, is a fight for a ruthless, brutal America. Behind his campaign slogan "Make America great again!" is the vision of a country that no longer cares about international treaties, ethnic minorities or established standards of decency...

And last year he tweeted: "If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?" All of this profanity and unscrupulousness would have forced anyone else to resign. But for his millions of supporters, they are further evidence of Trump's boldness and strength.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters, okay?," Trump said at a rally in Iowa a week ago Saturday. He mimicked shooting a pistol with his finger and added: "It's like, incredible!"...

It's no accident that Trump expresses great admiration for Russian strongman Vladimir Putin, who seems to impress him far more than politicians seeking to champion the values of democracy with their painstaking and often vain search for compromises.

"He is a nicer person than I am," Trump said of the Russian president. "In terms of leadership, he's getting an A." The reason, according to Trump, is that Putin is "making mincemeat out of our president."

Putin returned the compliment in December, when he said: "He's a really brilliant and talented person, without any doubt. He is the absolute front-runner in the presidential race." Trump, who judges people purely by whether or not they praise him, promptly shot back: "When people call you brilliant, it's always good, especially when the person heads up Russia."
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/donald-trump-is-the-most-dangerous-man-in-the-world-a-1075060.html

The French view:

"President Donald J. Trump?

...His irreverence towards anything that smacks of paint-by-numbers politics is like gospel to his devoted fans.

The greater the outrage, the more audacious the insult, the higher his poll ratings seem to soar, and the more invincible his aura.

What other mortal politician bound by the laws of physics could, in the span of a single week, praise torture, saying it works, while picking a fight with the Pope – the Pope! – and suffer not a single electoral scrape?

As the Washington Post columnist Robert Kagan points out, a phenomenon like Trump could not have been born in a vacuum. The "most successful demagogue-charlatan in the history of US politics" is no fluke, according to Kagan. Trump was incubated, like a plague, in the petri-dish of tainted Republican politics.

"The party searches desperately for the cause and the remedy without realizing that, like Oedipus, it is the party itself that brought on this plague. The party's own crimes are being punished in a bit of cosmic justice fit for a Greek tragedy."

Kagan offers a litany of party crimes in recent years – from repeated threats to shut down the government, to persistent calls for nullification of Supreme Court decisions, insistence that compromise is betrayal and "the party's accommodation to and exploitation of the bigotry in its ranks."

A mutant strain of candidate

As the New York Times's Nicholas Kristof put it, "over the decades they [the Republicans] pried open a Pandora's box, a toxic politics of fear and resentment, sometimes brewed with a tinge of racial animus, and they could never satisfy the unrealistic expectations that they nurtured among supporters."

The result is a virulent, mutant strain of political predator with the power to destroy his own creators.

Which raises the inevitable – some say existential – question that Republican Party bosses and average citizens have been raising with ever greater urgency: Do you bite the bullet and rally around Trump as the party's presumptive nominee, while hoping to figure out a way to “manage” his message?...

But ignoring Trump may be as perilous as openly attacking him.

In the time an opponent is busy focusing on the issues, Trump can hurl enough insults and insinuation to unhinge a candidacy. But going on the attack is hardly a fail-safe strategy, either, as Marco Rubio found out when Trump pulled the Chris Christie endorsement out of thin air at the very moment when Rubio was finally channeling his inner pit bull and laying into the frontrunner).

For The Economist, Trump is so unpredictable that "the thought of him anywhere near high office is terrifying. He must be stopped." Many – including Barack Obama – do not believe that Trump will make it to the White House. The presidency is a serious job, he says, and campaign histrionics aside, when electoral push comes to shove, Americans will make a common-sense choice.

Trump's poses a potent threat to America at a time when the ideals of its Founding Fathers are being subsumed in a miasma of fear, anxiety, resentment and ideological brinkmanship.

After 600 years, the Bubonic plague that once wiped out half of Europe's population is yet to be entirely eradicated. Let's hope America finds a way to eradicate the plague of Donald Trump a lot sooner.

Otherwise we may all, to borrow a Trumpism, be "losers" come November. Big-time losers."
http://www.france24.com/en/20170302-super-tuesday-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders

The UK:

"MPs to debate call to ban Donald Trump from UK

He seems to have made a lot of Brits angry

More than 570,000 people have signed an online petition calling for Donald J Trump to be banned from the UK, more than enough to trigger a debate in Parliament.
Controversial comments

Trump's supporters love his straight-talking style. The more taboos he breaks the higher he seems to go in the polls. He sparked outrage at the start of his campaign by branding Mexicans "criminals" and "rapists". He has also come in for flak from his opponents over comments about a female Fox News presenter and a disabled reporter.
The final straw

The UK petition was launched after Trump called for a ban on all Muslims entering the US until the authorities "can figure out" their attitudes. He also claimed London had become "so radicalised" the city's police force are "afraid for their own lives" and there are "no-go zones"."
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-35321834

billvon

>Seriously, what then!

This would be fantastic. Unfortunately, the D's aren't recognizing how horrible their choices are also. The ones with the really thick glasses are hugging themselves and just hoping the Reps only will totally meltdown and they will get to open the floodgates.

We need them all to take off their glasses. I'm hoping with you though.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

This would be fantastic. Unfortunately, the D's aren't recognizing how horrible their choices are also. The ones with the really thick glasses are hugging themselves and just hoping the Reps only will totally meltdown and they will get to open the floodgates.

Oh please . . . There is nobody on the D side that is actually batshit crazy like Trump. You might not like Hillary or Bernie, but they aren't actually insane. Bernie wants to do more than is realistically possible unless the Democrats held both houses of Congress as well as the Oval. Hillary isn't even coming close to suggesting she wants to do anything of Bernie's scale. Hillary is hated by the right, true, but she is both the most experienced candidate and the most centrist of any currently running. With Hillary, "floodgates" are not going to open because she's not even suggesting it. With Bernie, "floodgates" aren't realistically possible.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

(zombie time I guess - I suspect I can say more nice things about Hillary then you could even bear to think about Cruz or Rubio - even though all three represent the same thing in my book)

Of course - I'm sure if she wins, she'll note that it's pretty much an anti-Trump sentiment. She certainly wouldn't treat it as "Mandate of the People" to push it further.:S

I mean, newly elected presidents never do that.
what a relief you set me so straight oh wise one
at least she can put back some of the white house gear they took and clean up the mess they left there

I think it'll be an easy win if she sticks with the key message "HILLARY - hey, I'm not THAT guy"

Bernie wants to do more than is realistically possible unless the Democrats held both houses of Congress as well as the Oval.

(Bernie would be throttled back by Reps, but good that even you now admit that if Dems held both houses, he'd have a chance to bankrupt the planet. If Trump goes all non-linear, either or both parties would hold him back - for either common sense, or just good PR. And Yes, of the other 3, Hillary or Cruzbio would pretty much just be more of the sam'o sam'o - which also sucks)

no matter what happens, I can at least look forward to clever skits from comedians and late night hosts.

Of the five - I don't really see any I'd pick over 3rd party (Rand is out, Chris is out, of the original crew (not that churchy 2nd string), they seem to be leaving in reverse order of what I'd be able to stomach), no matter how wasteful and horrible that is to true believers.

quade

***This would be fantastic. Unfortunately, the D's aren't recognizing how horrible their choices are also. The ones with the really thick glasses are hugging themselves and just hoping the Reps only will totally meltdown and they will get to open the floodgates.

Oh please . . . There is nobody on the D side that is actually batshit crazy like Trump. You might not like Hillary or Bernie, but they aren't actually insane. Bernie wants to do more than is realistically possible unless the Democrats held both houses of Congress as well as the Oval. Hillary isn't even coming close to suggesting she wants to do anything of Bernie's scale. Hillary is hated by the right, true, but she is both the most experienced candidate and the most centrist of any currently running. With Hillary, "floodgates" are not going to open because she's not even suggesting it. With Bernie, "floodgates" aren't realistically possible.

You realize this is the same crap you put out there about 4 years ago!
Of course Bernie is bat shit crazy
And Hillary is worse
O'Malley was the best you had and look at where he is

Anyway
Who ever is leading the republican side you will (and have) say/said the same

Same song
Different verse
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

I don't recall anyone saying Romney was batshit crazy.

And you do realize you are the pot calling the kettle black, right?

Post em if you got em
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>I think it'll be an easy win if she sticks with the key message "HILLARY - hey, I'm not THAT guy"

Agreed. It's sad that the bar is so low.

honestly. and at least it's a step up from "Hey - I've got a vagina and it's my turn"

I can get behind the "I'm not THAT guy" position as a point that is arguably more than just cosmetics.

jakee

******I don't recall anyone saying Romney was batshit crazy.

And you do realize you are the pot calling the kettle black, right?

Post em if you got em

"Of course Bernie is bat shit crazy "

Your turn, when were people calling Romney batshit crazy?

My guess is he's talking about Palin, that said, she is batshit crazy.

(I might have voted for McCain were it not for her.)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

My guess is he's talking about Palin, that said, she is batshit crazy.

(I might have voted for McCain were it not for her.)

For years McCain built a reputation as a maverick who did his own thinking instead of always following the party line, and I had hope that someday I'd be able to vote for him. Then he got the nomination and immediately became Dubya's best buddy and began campaigning on the principle that he would be Dubya v2.0, (and nominated an ignorant hick as VP).:S So I believed him and didn't vote for him.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

headoverheels

From Romney's speech on Trump: "his promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University."

I doubt that Romney will sway many people, though.

:D:D:D
Love it!
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

headoverheels

Oh please . . . There is nobody on the D side that is actually batshit crazy like Trump.

From Romney's speech on Trump: "his promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University."

Yep. Like that will influence the "poorly educated" voters that he (Trump) loves and who form the core of his support.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Yep. Like that will influence the "poorly educated" voters that he (Trump) loves and who form the core of his support.

I saw where Trump is going for the 18 to 49 demographic.
IQ points, that is.