1 1

Are you Americans crazy enough to put Donald Trump in office?

Maybe you come from a softer world than I did. Every time I was fired the boss was a dick.

Nothing to do with a softer world. Just some common decency. No need to kick people when they are down.

You get paid to win

Generally you win so you get paid more. Minor, but important distinction.

kallend

*** Every time I was fired the boss was a dick.

Fascinating. I've had several bosses who were dicks, but they got fired, not me.

Maybe a lesson there.

Yeah, I don't take shit very well. Wussification didn't work on me for most of my life. My last three years in the work force I kept my mouth shut. My self esteem suffered for it.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

JerryBaumchen

Hi 434,

Are you Americans crazy enough to put Donald Trump in office?

Maybe we are: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/jeb-bush-ends-2016-presidential-campaign-n522831

Jerry Baumchen

Republican party intellectuals must be getting worried now. America won't elect Trump, but the GOP may nominate him. Maybe they should take that deal on that moderate SC appointment while they still can....
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

******republican party intellectuals

:D

There must be some..... there used to be lots of them. Scalia was one.

William F. Buckley, Jr would be spinning in his grave if he saw the current GOP lineup.

P.J. O'Rourke could be classified as a humorist/intellectual: http://www.thedailybeast.com/contributors/p-j-o-rourke.html
Check out his recent columns, especially "2016 Where my '60's Dreams Went To Die", and "Hey, Hipsters; Please Save Us From Cruz".
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I only can think of P.J. O'Rourke as being editor of National Lampoon in the 70's. I read every edition. Imagine my surprise to find out about his new found conservatism...

Although I still enjoy his appearances on wait wait, don't tell me.

Check out his recent columns, especially "2016 Where my '60's Dreams Went To Die", and "Hey, Hipsters; Please Save Us From Cruz".

Just did. Thanks for that.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

I only can think of P.J. O'Rourke as being editor of National Lampoon in the 70's. I read every edition. Imagine my surprise to find out about his new found conservatism...

Although I still enjoy his appearances on wait wait, don't tell me.

I was in college when I saw a TV interview of him. He reminded me sooo much of a long lost acquaintance I used to banter with late into the night. So I read "Republican Party Reptile" and nearly peed my pants in the chapter "How to Drive Fast on Drugs While Getting Your Wing-Wang Squeezed and Not Spill Your Drink".

Then I proceeded to go through all of the books he wrote. "Holidays in Hell" was a real eye-opener. It was written at the phase where he had left the hard-partying and cars behind, and gone full-bore into politics and war.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

***As much as I'd like my opinion to be known, I cannot participate in a poll without a 'boobies' option.

Reason to vote Trump
http://www.reasonstovotetrump.com/

I rather like Trump.

He's prompted a lot of racist, misogynistic, homophobic, xenophobes to come out of the closet and proudly proclaim themselves as such on social media. The success of his candidacy is illuminating the dark side of the GOP that the party establishment wants hidden but actively cultivates.

I hope he gets the nomination. He's more entertaining and far less obnoxious than Cruz.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It would be nice if it turns out to be an social experiment. Sorry guys, you have been fooled, it is a prank!

:D:ph34r:

But B|:( I guess you will have the choice between Hillary and Trump. Then Hillary wins, and if Trump versus Bernie, I do not dear to guess.

Wouldn't it be nice if once in a while a CEO fired him/herself for poor performance, rather than firing hundreds of low paid employees who really had no say in a company's failures.

A CEO is hired by the owners of the corporation as represented by the board of directors. No one's business but theirs.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

I rather like Trump.

He's prompted a lot of racist, misogynistic, homophobic, xenophobes to come out of the closet and proudly proclaim themselves as such on social media. The success of his candidacy is illuminating the dark side of the GOP that the party establishment wants hidden but actively cultivates.

I hope he gets the nomination. He's more entertaining and far less obnoxious than Cruz.

Agreed, and yet I have heard of several polls that suggest he has attracted a good number of people who have never voted Republican.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Croc

I rather like Trump.

Agreed, and yet I have heard of several polls that suggest he has attracted a good number of people who have never voted Republican.

Well, you don't have to be a conservative on every issue, or a Republican to be one of what the Professor described. But it helps.

And he forgot "Sexist Troglodyte."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

normiss

Trump's total lack of understanding the Iran deal should speak volumes.
Should.
:S[:/]>:(

The problem is that the vast majority of the voting public don't understand the Iran deal. Or economics. Or treaty regulations. Or any of the myriad things it would take to be a really good leader... they may THINK they do but the truth is that most people will vote on their limited understanding for what sounds right or sensible to them - regardless of the realities of the situation.

Trump knows this. I really don't like the guy, but more than anyone else I've seen he seems to understand that the nomination race isn't about the details of your policies - it's about marketing. It's about sounding and looking good without having any substance. It's not about politics.

Basically, Nevada have just voted for a slimy used-car salesman...

As an aside, this is one of the reasons I'm against everyone being able to vote. I think people need to have taken a test to show at least a certain level of knowledge before they're allowed the responsibility of making a decision based on that knowledge.

yoink

As an aside, this is one of the reasons I'm against everyone being able to vote. I think people need to have taken a test to show at least a certain level of knowledge before they're allowed the responsibility of making a decision based on that knowledge.

It's similar to the least qualified persons selected for jury duty. The majority know nothing of the intricacies of court room law. Yet they get to decide the fate of another individual.

Maybe you would like the government to control everything in your life. Maybe another country would suit your needs better.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Maybe you would like the government to control everything in your life. Maybe another country would suit your needs better.

Yes, as messy as democracy is the people count. More people voting is better. Elitism is not the answer. Trump is getting the support he is getting because so many GOP primary voters are rejecting what the party is giving them. And they are right. It is a combination of sending a message and a desire for a change. I don't believe Trump is really even particularly conservative.

By now it is becoming clear he will be the nominee. And yes that is astounding. The meaning of this will be discussed for at least decades. But one thing is for sure, the people are not wrong, we just don't know exactly what it is they are saying.

I am assuming Hillary with prevail in the fall, but at this point who can say? From up here in Canada it all looks pretty amazing.

kallend

*** But one thing is for sure, the people are not wrong, we just don't know exactly what it is they are saying.

But Trump knows: www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-35648058

"You know what I really am happy about, because I've been saying it for a long time," Trump told supporters in his victory speech early Wednesday. "46 percent with the Hispanics ... number one with Hispanics!"

Despite the apparently impressive result, Hispanic voters only made up 8 percent of Republican caucus-goers in Nevada. By contrast, 19 percent of caucus-goers in Saturday's Democratic contest were Hispanic.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/24/nevada-entrance-polls-show-trump-winner-among-hispanics.html