SkyDekker

Adolf Trump

I hate that from the start they have made Trump in to a sound bites and he feeds in to it as well.

Its unfortunate because it closes debate.
This is by far the worst selection of candidates i have ever seen.

I have a person whose only claim to fame is she forgot to blow the president, I have a guy who talks about unicorns and fairy dust but has no clue on how to make that happen, and i have a guy who is an ASS hole but has actually achieved shit in his life, is a hard worker, has made big decisions, but also might send me to a camp.

I know people i meet daily who i think are more qualified and better people to be president then anyone i see on TV.

Sad state
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Darius11

I hate that from the start they have made Trump in to a sound bites and he feeds in to it as well.

Its unfortunate because it closes debate.
This is by far the worst selection of candidates i have ever seen.

I have a person whose only claim to fame is she forgot to blow the president, I have a guy who talks about unicorns and fairy dust but has no clue on how to make that happen, and i have a guy who is an ASS hole but has actually achieved shit in his life, is a hard worker, has made big decisions, but also might send me to a camp.

I know people i meet daily who i think are more qualified and better people to be president then anyone i see on TV.

Sad state

Wow. After reading this I find myself wanting to say something. But at a loss for words, or even knowing where to start. So let me just say that you are indeed in a sad state.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I have a person whose only claim to fame is she forgot to blow the president,

I know that's a flippant remark but it makes you sound either incredible sexist, incredibly republican, incredibly ignorant or some combination of all three.

This is a woman who has been among other things congressional counsel, partner at a sizeable law firm, on the board of directors of some of the biggest companies in America, a two term Senator and the Secratary of fucking State - yet the sum total product her life and career is reduced to how good she is at sex.

Dude. Seriously?:|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>The major difference is Hitler was a better speaker; much more charismatic.

Come on. There are a lot of other differences.

Take this analysis of Hitler from the US Government Office of Strategic Services, written just after World War II:

"His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it."

http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/h/hitler-adolf/oss-papers/text/profile-index.html

Trump is nothing like that.

billvon

>"His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it."

sounds like trying to have a conversation in Speaker's Corner

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hi joe,

Also, some states require a declared party affiliation to vote in a primary.

Here in Oregon we have was what is known as a 'closed primary.' You can only vote in the party nomination process if you are a member of that party, i.e., R's vote for R's and cannot vote for D's. No party crossover voting.

However, in our primaries there are often people up for non-partisan positions and there are usually numerous measures ( tax issues and so forth ); any registered voter can vote for/against those.

There have been some attempts to change that but so far, unsuccessful. It is what is.

Jerry Baumchen

billvon

>Seriously though, he will be our next Prez.

I agree; it's getting more and more likely.

And we may need this. We may need to make a mistake of that caliber to get people more involved in our government. We may need to let the disaster that would be a Trump presidency happen so that next time around, people do not put up with the sort of idiocracy that creates the popular candidates we see today.

Wasn't that suppose to be the lesson of the GWB presidency?

That PC bullshit is the social pressure that makes it hard for someone's renegade uncle say "that nigger ought to be taken out back and beaten" in public. Which means that fewer people will hear that bullshit.
PC can definitely go too far (I live in one of the most liberal cities in maybe the most liberal state now -- we have LOTS of it:P), but sometimes the difference between it and manners is small. And sometimes PC helps to disrupt the established power structure -- like the one that says that old white men are right unless proven wrong, and in case of doubt, refer back to that rule.

I'm sorry Darius is scared. I don't blame him, because with the new era of PC backlash, it'll be OK for someone who doesn't know him to call him a raghead, or whatever else they feel like. That sucks. As long as whoever is saying that is entrenched in the power structure. It's not about gender, color, religion, it's about power. The dynamics are different in other countries where the demographics are different.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

As long as whoever is saying that is entrenched in the power structure. It's not about gender, color, religion, it's about power.

I think it's more subtle than that. The right to speak is there regardless of courtesy.

Courtesy and manners SHOULD be in place at all times, but it's a slippery slope if we try to legislate courtesy and manners rather than work to make it cultural norm.

As far as any asshole being rude and out of line and using FoS to get away with it..... It sucks regardless of whether they are in any sort of perceived power structure or not. I wouldn't think you'd say it's perfectly ok for someone that's not perceived to be in power to be able to insult, verbally attack or instigate...... I think tagging it as a demographically specific type of issue is a false signal and a distraction from the overall cultural problem.

insulation, isolation, narcissism,,,,...... those are the direct tools for any human to learn to severely devalue others

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

ryoder

Not Adolf Trump, but Darth Trump!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU_Jdts5rL0:D

DarthGhengisBushbamaVoldeStalinTrumpMort?

(and thus the birth of a bumper sticker ends a candidacy)

It is, but in practical terms it's more limited if you're not powerful. And yeah, I agree that the slope is slippery. It's slippery in both directions, isn't it? You should hear some of the inane shit that comes out of the local schools' "activists'" desire for a "safe space." Safe from disagreement, from having it pointed out that you're trampling all over someone else's safe space and/or freedom of speech.
But I'm getting more and more FB posts talking about "no I'm not willing to tolerate Islam," and that's problematic.
Just about everyone I've gotten one from knows Muslims personally, and seems to get along just fine. But the attitude says "most people are treated politely by default, Muslims have to earn the right individually." Kind of like my ex father-in-law. Deeply prejudiced, but had a black co-worker living with his family for awhile, because he knew that one :|

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think PC has quite a bit to do with the Muslim/Islam backlash because people are afraid to add location and race to the description and at the same time too lazy to distinguish which branch of Islam.
Arab Muslims in Iraq
Black Muslims in Niger

Sunni, Shia, Kurdish, etc.

So all end up getting painted with the same broad stroke, sometimes unfairly.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

JerryBaumchen

Hi joe,

Also, some states require a declared party affiliation to vote in a primary.

Here in Oregon we have was what is known as a 'closed primary.' You can only vote in the party nomination process if you are a member of that party, i.e., R's vote for R's and cannot vote for D's. No party crossover voting.

However, in our primaries there are often people up for non-partisan positions and there are usually numerous measures ( tax issues and so forth ); any registered voter can vote for/against those.

There have been some attempts to change that but so far, unsuccessful. It is what is.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Jerry,

Wisconsin has something sort of similar. No requirement for declared party affiliation, but no crossing over parties.

IOW, if you vote for one Democrat in the primary (for any position) you can't vote for any Republicans in primaries for different positions.
I.e. - I couldn't vote for Sanders in the presidential primary, and then a Republican in a primary race for Congress.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

gowlerk

And yet his support keeps growing. Among the section of the US population that forms the base support of the Republican Party Trump's positions are popular. Not universally, but in the minds of significant numbers of them.

I'm reasonably certain that he cannot attain the support of an absolute majority of Republicans. But I don't know all the intricacies of the primary and nomination process. Is it possible to gain the nomination with the solid support of about a third of the party? Because he seems to have reached that level.

The polls are one thing but the voting is the only poll that really counts. Only a little over half of the registered voters actually vote. The crazies seem more motivated to turn out than everyone else. So it's possible to win an election with just 30% of the registered voters. (60% OF 50%) I wish there was a way to make voting more important to the average person.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

>That's easy, get Trump elected as President.

Exactly.

You can talk to a new jumper until you are blue in the face about canopy loading, landing practice, canopy control courses and pattern discipline. But for some people, the only way they learn is to break their femur. Then they learn not to do it again (usually.)

gowlerk

Seriously though, he will be our next Prez. A couple of things to consider:

I'm pretty sure that a Trump nomination would pretty much guarantee another Clinton Presidency. Even with a good Republican nominee she is going to be hard to beat. Against Trump she would attract at least some people who would otherwise vote Republican, and Trump will not draw any crossover voters at all.

At least that's my read from way up here in Canada. My track record in predicting election results is not that good. But as I get older it's getting better.

No, Trump will beat Hillary. Hillary is trying to be Obama 2.0 and I ask you who is more crazy; the guy standing in a pool of blood from 2 attacks from Muslims saying "this is not a Muslim problem," or the guys saying "lets not let any more muslims in until we figure out what we're doing."

Like I said, with the backlash we are seeing against the politically correct, the low information voters, and the people who are tired of normal politicians, Trump is what we are going to get.

And make no mistake, I trust Trump as much as I trust Hillary, but Hillary is a part of the establishment.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/428201/donald-trump-muslim-immigration-policy-discussion

As a politician I think he's quite refreshing
Speaks his mind and cuts through the political correctness bullshit
with a chain saw.

OK...flack jacket is on, helmet is secure. Ready for the verbal "incoming." Here goes.

Now I know many here are going to see that url above like a bull sees a red cape. OK fine so out of concern for ya'lls health. take your blood pressure pills before reading should you so decide to read it.

The principle point of the author (Andrew McCarthy) is this. Trump has stirred the pot to a discussion that needs to be discussed.

Is Trump REALLY advocating a permanent ban on Muslim immigration? No. He's saying, stop it until this country (the US) can get a handle on it, understand what Muslims really want, believe etc and communicate the terms that make it safe for everyone.

And yes, the Congress DOES have the Constitutional authority to regulate immigration.

OK...ready now for the verbal incoming...fire away.B|

We're seeking to ban him from the UK:

Gonna be some real irony if he's elected.
The President of the United States is not only the head of state, the office also carries the highest ambassadorial rank as defined by the Treaty of Westphalia, 1648. The US has accepted and ratified that treaty although "not around at the time."

Bottom line...Trump get's elected, no ban.

St. Pete mayor bans Trump

It's sad to realize how unintelligent a LOT of Americans are.

The mayor of St. Pete or the unwashed masses?

Deja vu all over again? Remember 1980?
Everyone trashed Reagan, called him a reckless cowboy etc etc etc. Called him a Nazi too.

In the election of 1980...it was all over before the vote in California was tallied. In point of fact, Reagan didn't need California to win...it was icing on the cake.

Certainly not a perfect match mind you. 2016 is not 1980 but too too many similarities are lining up.

Of course, I could be wrong...but I'm enjoying the food fight. We ain't had a good political donnybrook in a long long time.:)