Galenis

Bin Laden is Dead

Yep, the jury's still out. Rep. King and Rumsfeld can claim this operation was a result of waterboarding all they want. It doesn't make it true.

You can claim waterboarding didn't do a damn thing. That doesn't make it true either.

If you read my links, when Eric Holder was asked his answer was "I don't know". I guess you know more than he does....

Since you know everything why don't you run for office?:D
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

>Did you miss the part earlier where the intelligence that lead to Bin Laden
>came from water boarding?

Head of the Senate Intelligence Committee:

"To date, the answer to your question is no. Nothing has been found to indicate this came out of Guantanamo. And people were questioned, but there were no positive answers as to the identity of this number one courier."

Donald Rumsfeld:

"The United States Department of Defense did not do waterboarding for interrogation purposes to anyone. It is true that some information that came from normal interrogation approaches at Guantanamo did lead to information that was beneficial in this instance. But it was not harsh treatment and it was not waterboarding."

Donald Rumsfeld:

"The United States Department of Defense did not do waterboarding for interrogation purposes to anyone. It is true that some information that came from normal interrogation approaches at Guantanamo did lead to information that was beneficial in this instance. But it was not harsh treatment and it was not waterboarding."

Didn't you call Rumsfeild a liar earlier? Why are you quoting him now?

And King is the chairman of the Homeland Security Committee. Are you saying he is out of the know?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

>Didn't you call Rumsfeild a liar earlier?

No.

Sorry that was kallend. :$

I still say we could have caught OBL a lot sooner if it wasn't for Eric Holder or Obama's lack of will in reeling him in.

Bush lacked the will to get Bin Laden and focused on an easy target. At the end of his two terms, Bin Laden was still alive and pulling the strings. Obama comes along and in just two years Bin Laden is dead! Seems that Obama is the man of will and determination. This shit should had been done ten years ago.

Either that or Obama did a great job of piggy backing on someone else's work. I can walk up to a puzzle with only one piece left to finish it, put the piece in and say "done" also.....:)

Did you miss the part earlier where the intelligence that lead to Bin Laden came from water boarding?

Did you miss the part where Rumsfeld denied that?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

First video footage of Bin Laden capture and killing!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH0Q73BvlPo&sns=fb&hd=1

That's just a South Park clip

Really? Wow, you just can't take anything on the internet at face value any more.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Tango's down.... Tango's down...
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Either that or Obama did a great job of piggy backing on someone else's work. I can walk up to a puzzle with only one piece left to finish it, put the piece in and say "done" also.....:)

If I had to make a guess, I would say he did this to take some of the heat off the soldiers who went in and killed Bin Laden, thus minimising the resulting hate/violence that could have been directed at deployed soldiers. If it was, I don't care how egotistical it makes Obama seem because let's face it, soldiers in combat face great enough risks as it is.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

First video footage of Bin Laden capture and killing!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH0Q73BvlPo&sns=fb&hd=1

That's just a South Park clip

Yup, that's bogus bullshit.

Here's the real footage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vh3mpw5RYg
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Did you miss the part earlier where the intelligence that lead to Bin Laden came from water boarding?

Yeah, I missed that part, because it's not true, but please hang onto any shred of evidence that your desire for revenge torture has some deeper purpose.

Here is one for ya....

In the hours after bin Laden's death Sunday, senior Obama administration officials said detainees had provided the nom de guerre of the courier who eventually lead intelligence officers to the compound housing bin Laden. Officials said the courier, who was killed during Sunday's raid, was identified by detainees as a protege of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed -- considered the mastermind of 9/11 -- and that he might be "living with and protecting" bin Laden.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/osama-bin-laden-dead-renews-debate-waterboarding-interrogation/story?id=13518686&page=1

“Osama bin Laden would not have been captured and killed if it were not for the initial information we got from Khalid Sheikh Mohammed after he was waterboarded,” Long Island Rep. Peter King told CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/05/03/rep-king-waterboarded-ksm-gave-up-bin-ladens-courier/

Jury is still out......B|

I don't have fingers and toes enough to count the times where Republicans have replied to me, in answer to this or that happened/started under the GWB administration replied "Bush is gone now, Obama is the president and he needs to fix it". Well, right, GWB is gone and Obama fixed it.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

No.

So one or other of these senior Republicans is lying to the American people. Oh the humanity.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

No.

And in his very next post, Kallend says, "Did you miss the part where Rumsfeld denied that? "

I think we all were just pushed through a wormhole and the laws of irony have gone topsy-turvy.

Good one, John!
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

No.

So one or other of these senior Republicans is lying to the American people. Oh the humanity.

I find it hard to believe that any of them are not lying.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Looks like Osama Bin Laden had his address on the PlayStation network...

Looks like you didn't invent this joke.

Lame.

Duh, get over yourself.

Is it true you didn’t write the song Happy Birthday either but you were heard singing it?

I'm ashamed to say its true:( I also stole Twinkle Twinkle Little Star from Motzart:$ And while I'm 'fessing up... I didn't kill Bin Laden but it was me that shot Cock Robin.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I don't have fingers and toes enough to count the times where Republicans have replied to me, in answer to this or that happened/started under the GWB administration replied "Bush is gone now, Obama is the president and he needs to fix it". Well, right, GWB is gone and Obama fixed it.

Here is the problem though. It can be summed up in this exchange....

Lungren: "Can you tell us for the public record whether we can therefore be assured that any intelligence which led to the capture and killing of Osama bin Laden was not the result of enhanced interrogation techniques?"

Holder: "Well I think that, as has been indicated by other administration spokesmen, there was a mosaic of sources that led to the identification of the people that led to ..."

Lungren: "I understand that, but were any pieces of that mosaic the result of enhanced interrogation techniques?"

Holder: "I do not know."

Lungren: "If that were the case, would it make the action that we took against Osama bin Laden illegal?"

Obama's administration is doing everything they said they wouldn't do. If there is one thing I have learned from the left is that hypocrisy is the greatest crime of all.

Also in this article, Leon Paneta, the CIA chief is now also saying water boarding helped catch bin Laden. Just thought I would throw that out there.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42880435/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/?gt1=43001

Edited to add: Also following this logic out that means either Bush was right or Obama is now a war Criminal. Which is it?

For the record, my vote is "Bush was right." I would hate to think of my president as a war criminal.....:ph34r:

Any pieces of that mosaic that were from enhanced interrogation were 5 years old.

There were probably pieces that came from public newspapers, as well. Should we give credit to public newspapers?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Along those lines
I wonder what the talking points would be today had
it been Bush (this week), that went into another country, with out that countries knowledge or permission, with out a UN resolution ,or the support or knowledge of congress, and performed a military operation killing people in that country?

Ya just gotta wonder[:/]

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln