RkyMtnHigh

Cocaine, X, meth...what is the allure?

Will they hit "bottom" and want help? or is there anything I can do to help them see what they are doing to theirself? or is it a wait and see thing?

LETS TRY IT AGAIN.....

Keeping it in the "I". Yes you do need to hit rockbottom for people to help you to get on a path of recovery but before this point it is a waste of time. But people( friends and family) can bring the bottom up by cutting the addict off physically, emotionally and financially. This can speed up the "PROCESS" up and maybe save there life. Too bad this information isn't used so everyone suffers.
Also you better start praying your ass off.

Track high, Pull LOW!!!

So another Q here...if you use the "look in the mirror" technique...will they see the emaciated, black circles under their eyes person that we see?

Probably not.... They'll see some little bit of what you see, perhaps, but I don't think they see what you see until they're well into recovery. And then it'll be bits at a time. Eventually the picture gets clearer.

No i promise you see it alright, before you go in public you look in the mirror, you see it worse than anyone else sees it in you cause you know what you look like.

People who are in trouble will not read this thread, probably not, they are probably sitting around smoking crack and listening to music and talking bullshit.
They are not on dz.com reading this shit.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

So those who are in trouble won't read this or give a shit anyway...so you're saying this is a wasted attempt for an outreach of support?

No attempt at caring is wasted. Despite what others on here may say. Even if those you're hoping to help ignore it. At least you know that you have tried. And ultimately, so do the others.

No i promise you see it alright, before you go in public you look in the mirror, you see it worse than anyone else sees it in you cause you know what you look like.

Wow. That's interesting. Guess everybody really *is* different, then. ;)
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

So those who are in trouble won't read this or give a shit anyway...so you're saying this is a wasted attempt for an outreach of support?

No attempt at caring is wasted. Despite what others on here may say. Even if those you're hoping to help ignore it. At least you know that you have tried. And ultimately, so do the others.

The first way to help an addict is to take them out for a hot meal at a nice restaurant, then do it again the next week, give them something nice to look forward to each week so they realise they are still worthy of all this. They know they look like shit in public but they love the free hot thai curry that they will try to better themselves instead of looking like shit all the time. Give it time and stick with it, give them the addiction of looking forward to going out and eating with you and making them feel welcome, dont talk to them about the drugs and dont act like it is charity, act like you like them and trust them, if you are a friend, be a friend, support their choices, people know right from wrong no matter how high, or how hooked you are.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

The first way to help an addict is to take them out for a hot meal at a nice restaurant, then do it again the next week, give them something nice to look forward to each week so they realise they are still worthy of all this. They know they look like shit in public but they love the free hot thai curry that they will try to better themselves instead of looking like shit all the time. Give it time and stick with it, give them the addiction of looking forward to going out and eating with you and making them feel welcome, dont talk to them about the drugs and dont act like it is charity, act like you like them and trust them, if you are a friend, be a friend, support their choices, people know right from wrong no matter how high, or how hooked you are.

This here is the best post in this thread. :)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Wow. That's interesting. Guess everybody really *is* different, then. ;)

well everyone i know... I mean to say you see it on the come down or the next morning, not while you are high.. some people will but the next morning when you feel straight you can see how big your pupils are.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

A different perspective on that is this. I guess some people....I'll try not to generalize....are oblivious to how they come across to others. Getting by day to day becomes a series of very rudimentary, self-serving exercizes the purpose of which is to just get through the day. Very basic stuff. Until that person realizes that she's about to lose her ass....whatever that unacceptable point may be. But it's still all about her, the addict, and about (at this point) saving her ass.

Seeing "what she looks like" is sooooo far outside the equation. All this time spent covering-up, she realizes later, didn't really work. People saw her just as she was. She, however, was convinced that she was holding it all together....right until the very end. At the end, it's survival driving her. That she might not look good hasn't even occurred to her. Right now it's just fear and realization that she's between a rock and a hard place--gonna die if something doesn't change.

Realization of "what other people saw," and worse, "how her actions affected others," comes much, much later for her. Again, people have very different experiences, obviously.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

It's that Jekyl/Hyde effect...reserved by day, party animal by night....then the nights start carrying over into the days...and that's when things start to get weird.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

And......so what's your point?

I'm just trying to learn and understand why someone might do a line here or there and why someone would do Cocaine, X, meth regularly as their lifestyle?

it's kinda of a "how long is a piece of string" question.
I know why I did drugs, and why a few others did them but they are differnet reasons. none of the people i associated with were taking them for reasons of depression, most were party people, then the peer groups tended to change to less party people and more full time users, where the entire life style revolves around finding, getting and using drugs. even when you have a hit the 1st thought would be where's the next one coming from.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

What's funny is thre irony in her statement, religion is just another crutch

for some it is, i agree, perhaps even for sarah.. i don't know since i haven't met her. but to make a blanket statement like that is simply your opinion and billions of people disagree with you. you shoulldn't pontificate as if you're God himself to the denegration of someone else's beliefs. it's rude and hurtful. as a self-professed former addict who works w/ troubled youth, you should know better.

Micheal is jumping on his little soap box again

No Squeak, I'm just trying to get you to stop behaving like a some sixth grader. ;)

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...