RkyMtnHigh

Cocaine, X, meth...what is the allure?

Chill!.(not just you Squeak but others as well) ..Lets keep this thread here in Bonfire since it is looked at by many who could benefit from the dialogue about the subject. So many don't even look at Speakers Corner and they would miss out on reading info that might help them.

well this sunday mike you go to church and say a parayer for squek and myself as we definately need saving

Leave me outa this Idont need saving:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

For whatever reason....different reasons I'm sure....people become addicted to drugs. Whatever the reason, addiction obviously leads people to a very ugly place eventually. In my opinion, the only thing that's gonna help the person with the problem is him- or herself. Inner strength....wherever that comes from. If it's from God, then that's great. If it's from nowhere but inside, that's great too. It takes committment. It takes deciding not to make the same mistakes again...and making that same decision every time it needs to be made. Friends can help. Programs can help. Books can help. Psychotherapy can help. Religion can help. All kinds of things can help. But there's only ONE person who can make it happen.

Why? Who knows. Doesn't matter.

linz

Yes your right but most addicts are addicts because of "life on life terms". Thats where the high power shit comes in. It take you out of the role of playing god and putting that shit in something or someone else like a force, god, religion shit or just something greater than me.
Track high, Pull LOW!!!

Good luck there, Katee. These guys are so busy with their pissing contest they could care less what anybody else can gain from the thread.

OK Von, I'm not in a pissing contest, everything I'm posted in this threads is from my personal experience of active drug addiction, and getting clean and staying clean, for over 16 years, I'm not shitting on anyone, I pose my opinion, as I have as much right as Windy to do.
I did indeed find her post about God being the only cure, truely funny:ph34r:.
Micheal is jumping on his little soap box again, and that's fine too:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Egos and attitudes aside...I hope that people would want to offer their insight and opinions with the intent to help someone who might be struggling with their addiction and have some compassion for how they got there and how they can be strong and conquer it and be whole again.

God bless you all!
He came to me in my dreams once and said if i ever go to church i will burst in to flames at the door.B|

Anyway to answer the original question....

Cocaine is the most over rated drug out there. When you are high, you are just feeling really awake, and your stomach feels like shit. You dont think you are bulletproof or anything but people like to talk on cocaine. Your pupils get wide like on most drugs and you cleanch your teeth or hands or something. The come down sucks, really sucks.

Cyrstal meth.... Now this is a drug you want to stay away from, i really mean stay away from. The feeling like this is very much like coke but more pure, it is like speed but more pure. It will case on your teeth smoking it and is really bad for your lungs and highly, highly addictive. I also know a person who was the nicest guy in the world, never done anything wrong, i have just found out he is in jail for killing his girlfriend and burying her under her fathers driveway... Go figure. Take this, good chance you get addicted sell all your stuff for it and you get very paranoid. This is an awesome feeling this drug gives you but it will fuck with your life.
Cant tell you what the comedown is as i only experienced the come down once! that is how addictive it was.

Acid, well acid is a shit load of fun, makes you feel like you are 6 years old again and anything is fun, and sex is fucking amazing on it. Acid has a come down that will make you sleep. When on acid, it is all about hallucnagenics. It is so much fun, you could sit in a bus stop for 6 hours and have the time of your life.

Heroin, cant tell you, no idea.

Crack, well same as coke, though this is the way you smoke it.

ecstasy, cant tell you as the couple of times i have had it i black out, this drug never agreed with me, actually once it did and i found this far too intense.

weed, would not even call this a drug as it is safer than alcohol. Though, i have not touched this in years as it is just a paranoid downer in my opinion, though it really enhances the cinema experience and comedy shows.

Before anyone thinks i am a druggie, well i am not. My friends were killed coming to get me from work when i was 18 and i escaped the pain by taking acid with my mates as much as we could over a month period.

the other drugs, i have dabbled with while travelling the world over the last 10 years.....
Cyrstal meth, i was hooked, for 6 months, must have slept like twice or something, not on the streets or anything, never sold my shit for it as i had money but stayed in my house and did normal things with my partner, one day i looked at her and realised how much this shit had eaten away at her stoomach, and lucky for us that skydiving came in to our lives.... The last time i touched this was about a month before my diplomain commercial skydiving course started.... Skydiving probably saved my life. sometimes i get the taste for it in my mouth but i would never do it again as i know this is a road that i do would put myself or let anyone i know go down again.

Hope this answered your question. Maybe people dont want to out themselves, but i dont give a shit, i will pass any drug test. I am not against weed, i am all for it, i just dont do it cause i am a traveller and when i smoke pot on my own i start to feel very alone.

I do not believe people do drugs cause they have avoid, i believe they do it cause they enjoy them. Nothing wrong with them in moderation, it is only getting high.

God gave us weed! canabis is the strongest fibre in the world, we would not be cutting trees down if there was more plants legal. It is also a medicine, really does take away pain and def gets rid of hangovers, head aches, and back pain. Ddo some research, you will see. It has never killed anyone, though there are people with scizophrenia symptons inside them and it can bring that out in them and here it can be a bad drug, like booze, that can bring violence out in some people.

Peace.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

...it is looked at by many who could benefit from the dialogue about the subject.

I'm not entirely sure how reading this thread about drugs is going to benefit anyone. There's no new or starling information here, and I'm deeply sceptical about the usefulness of trying to save people from themselves against their will.

Yes your right but most addicts are addicts because of "life on life terms". Thats where the high power shit comes in. It take you out of the role of playing god and putting that shit in something or someone else like a force, god, religion shit or just something greater than me.

and for those folks there are some GREAT programs readily available. But those programs don't DO anything. They're available. There has to be a person in that seat with a real will to change course and stay the course. I guess what I'm getting at is that there's nothing that's gonna come along and *save* anybody. You've gotta sink or swim. You use what you have to use to do it, because it IS that important....at least it's that important to those who come out the other side.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

...it is looked at by many who could benefit from the dialogue about the subject.

I'm not entirely sure how reading this thread about drugs is going to benefit anyone. There's no new or starling information here, and I'm deeply sceptical about the usefulness of trying to save people from themselves against their will.

TRUE. I've had some real up close experience with heroin addicts, and they end up resenting you and using you.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

and for those folks there are some GREAT programs readily available. But those programs don't DO anything. They're available. There has to be a person in that seat with a real will to change course and stay the course. I guess what I'm getting at is that there's nothing that's gonna come along and *save* anybody. You've gotta sink or swim. You use what you have to use to do it, because it IS that important....at least it's that important to those who come out the other side.

AND THATS WHERE ROCKBOTTOM BEGINS!!!
Track high, Pull LOW!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRUE. I've had some real up close experience with heroin addicts, and they end up resenting you and using you.

That information alone could benefit someone.

Someone wondering if there's anything they can do. That was the point of this post.

the word God will never stop anyone from using the words that stop people are 'look in the mirror'. They will get high and at least take one look each time and see how shit they look and eventually will move away from the source fo the drug.

Fuck, people who are always doing the coke, coke is their god, the dealer is their god, religion god aint going to stop nobody. God makes you more depressed if anything.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Although this sounds callous, the best thing you can do in my opinion, is get as far away from them as possible. That is unless you enjoy being lied to, having your credit ruined, having most of your possesions stolen, and like dealing with law enforcement in several unpleasant ways. A true hardcore addict will quit only if They want to quit.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

the word God will never stop anyone from using the words that stop people are 'look in the mirror'. They will get high and at least take one look each time and see how shit they look and eventually will move away from the source fo the drug.

Fuck, people who are always doing the coke, coke is their god, the dealer is their god, religion god aint going to stop nobody. God makes you more depressed if anything.

So another Q here...if you use the "look in the mirror" technique...will they see the emaciated, black circles under their eyes person that we see?

dude!!! Just cause people do drugs does not mean they are theives! liars! or bad people.

Man, you just stereotyping people here and that aint on.
Some of the best, honest kindest people i know in the skydiving world get high and as far as i am concerned, whats mine is theirs and if one does me wrong, i would still loan him money, people fuck up, does not mean they are not good people.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

So another Q here...if you use the "look in the mirror" technique...will they see the emaciated, black circles under their eyes person that we see?

Probably not.... They'll see some little bit of what you see, perhaps, but I don't think they see what you see until they're well into recovery. And then it'll be bits at a time. Eventually the picture gets clearer.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Someone wondering if there's anything they can do. That was the point of this post.

True. But it took best part of five pages of posts, and a rather entertaining diversion, to bring it out. Go back and read RMH's original post....

Actually, I've read all of the posts. Post #22 really brought it out, but I guess it's taken this many posts for some people to actually pay attention.

The thread didn't take itself on it's own diversion, ya'll managed to get it there, despite requests not to.

yes, but they see it worse, and they dont want to be around people when they see it.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store