MrHixxx

sad news

I just received some very sad news from my sister... Brad Foster former DZO of Skydive Chesapeake and staff member at Skydive Suffolk was killed today. From what I understand he hit the plane exiting for a CReW dive and was knocked out with no Cypres. He was one of the most safety conscious professional people I have met in this sport and a class act all the way around. Skydiving lost one of its best today, he will be missed immeasurably...
-Jon

Blue skies.. here's the CNN article:
SUFFOLK, Virginia (AP) -- A former Navy SEAL and skydiving instructor died after he hit his head on a plane during a jump and fell to the ground without his parachute deployed.
Brad Foster, 42, of Virginia Beach, was one of 14 parachutists practicing for a show this weekend when he jumped from the plane Friday, officials said.
Foster, who had more than 4,000 jumps to his credit, likely died upon impact with the plane, fire Capt. James Judkins Jr. said.
Foster's body was found in the back yard of a house about a quarter-mile from Suffolk Municipal Airport, where the flight originated.

Very sad. I met Brad when he was a DZO. Very nice guy. I was sent to Little Creek Amphib base and was stuck there with no car and was a new jumper (about 80 jumps). The first time I met Brad he just treated me like I was an old friend. He was a great instructor and will be very missed.
William