skybytch

I went big!

Wow. What a weekend! Where to start...
If you wanna do big ways, I can't recommend Kate, Tony and Dan's big way camp enough. What fun!
On Thursday I did 5 17ways with Kate. I flew purty good. :)Then the real fun started! They put the group together and added some local talent (i.e. Airspeed :)We called it a day after that. Came back Sunday morning and went for 80. Again, it didn't build but I was in my slot waiting for it and had a sweet approach. Went back up and tried again - it didn't build, but I was flying in my slot. Broke off, tracked and pulled - THWACK! Line dump, caused the worst, hardest opening I've ever had. I said "shit! ow! shit! ow!", popped the brakes, looked up and saw the two center lines on the tail trailing back with my pilot chute. SHIT! It flared and it turned... so I begged and pleaded, flew it very carefully and it landed me okay. But damn... I'm still hurting three hours later... :(
Hobbled back to the hangar whimpering and shaking, dropped my rig and found Tony. Told him what happened and found out how long the next call was. Sat down for awhile, hoping I'd stop shaking soon... realized I wasn't going to make the next load and found Kate. She asked if I was okay, I said I needed to sit out the next one.... and then she told me.
She said that without doing another jump today, I'd achieved my goal. It's official.
I HAVE A SLOT ON THE WOMEN'S WORLD RECORD ATTEMPTS!!!! :)That's all for now... time for me to get off Square 2's internet access and get back to the hangar to see how they did on the third 80 way today. More later...
:)pull & flare,
lisa
If I can't have everything, well, then just give me a taste...

Rawk on, SkyBytch! I am proud of you, and impressed with your accomplishments. You chased your dream, and pounded it out. Good job, and really well done!
YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY for you!
Many hugs
Ciels and Pinks-
Michele
If you really want to, you can seize the day; if you really want to, you can fly away...
~enya~