harro

Change your life.......

>How would you change your life if you had the chance ??

Not much. Deal with that whole Heidi thing better. Maybe taken that job in New Mexico - it was my one (remote) chance of being an astronaut, but by that time that childhood desire had kind of faded.

I really don't think I would have changed that much. Taken more chances? I'd be dead now. Told people I loved them before it was too late? Learned that lesson early on fortunately. Tried harder? I almost burned myself out by the time I was 21, so I wouldn't want to have done that. Found skydiving sooner? I never would have graduted from college, and I found it when I needed to.

Do not read me wrong - given the chance to live my life again I would change everything, only a fool would miss a chance to improve the past. Well I don't have that chance.
I am an amazing optimist - I love the sun, and the trees. I take life with hulility and am neither afraid to live nor to die. I have no plan for life and thats why I'm surfing it's waves. I am the ceter of everything that happens around me. Life is good as it is.
If I were this age in the '70 I would be a Hippie, since it's 2002 I'm a skydiver. I'm a rough character, I take life as it is and don't care about tomorrow:)
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

I'm happy with 99% of my life up till now. The 1% is something that I had and never will have control over so its not worth my time to dwell on it. I found skydiving too young probally. Another year or two and it would have made things easier on me. I probally would have taken that early graduation option in High School, I took it in College and it was great. Possibly have been more social growing up, but spending time alone helped me learn a lot about me. Volunter in the community more possibly, but I did a lot of that, but it was for selfish reasons. Spent less time bitching and more time doing something was the only otherthing that I would have changed.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

How would you change your life if you had the chance ??

As much as I would like to go back in time, and change so many things, I cannot, and could not. Doing so would probably change alot of things in the persent for me. I have 4 wonderful children, and ok wife, and a few people I would call life friends. I could not bear to lose a single one of those things.
So, I'll stick with what I have now. Family, friends, and an awsome outlook on life!
:)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

There's a few recent events that I wish I'd handled differently.

Despite this, I really do think it's important to remember that humans are falliable - we all do things and make choice we regret. You are given the choice of either stewing over these for the rest of your life, or simply admit to yourself that you made the wrong choice, learn from it, and move on.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Hell what a question-
Would have--Could have-- Should have--
Y'know what? Spend too much time time looking in the rear view view mirror, and then ya don't where ya going till it's too late and ya wreck-
It kinda sucked some times but I'm glad I've lived my life the way I have 'cuz it's made me the rotten bastard I am today!

Man it's great being a capitalist American pig!

Easy Does It

I would have never ended up with my loser ex.
For that matter,I would have avoided most of my crappy relationships.
I would have spent more time with the people closest to me before I lost them forever.(my grandfather died last year)
I wouldnt have allowed myself to get into debt.
I would have lived and loved life more,rather than whinning and being upset over things I had no control over.
I would have tried more in school and not blown off my first yr of college(tryin to fix that now..my GPA suffered badly!)
I wouldnt have stayed in a job I hated and made me stressed out.
I would have started living for myself more regardless of what other people thought.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Though there are lots of things I wish I had not done or done differently - who knows where I would be today if I changed it. My life is not perfect now - not even close - but there are a lot of people and experiences that I would not want to lose. So I'd have to say I'd change nothing. I do have regrets tho....

Fall in dove.

I would have never taken life as serious as I did if I could do it again . I would have dropped out of college and started a company with my brother . There are a few women that I would not date if I could do it over again . I would have a lot more fun and travel more . Even though I have enjoyed my job I would choose differently the next time .

Did that - well all except the get rich an retire by 30 part. It's a myth. You have no better chance retiring early than someone with no college education that just gets lucky with their own business.

I graduated 3rd in my high school. Top ten percent of a good engineering school. Made good money (still make pretty good money). Started retirement savings at 24. At 31, I'm really no closer to retirement than I was at 13.

Moral of the story. Have fun and live to the max now - don't put off going to the DZ or living life because you think if you work hard instead, you'll be able to do it later. You still won't be rich or even retired after working hard and having no fun.

When you are near the end of your life, you will judge your life by your experiences. And after you are dead, your in-box will still be full.

Oh yeah - the point of this thread. If I had to do it over again, I would've started skydiving when I was 18, just like I wanted to. And I would have taken a HELL of a lot more risks than I did.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I would have bought as much Cisco as I could have in 1990, sold it in 2000, then shorted it.

Look on the bright side, had I done that, you all could have come out to Skydive Flyhi for $5 Casa jumps with complementary post-jump refreshments. Yeah, it pisses me off, too.;)
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Living with this one girl sophomore year of college. That is the ONLY thing I ever regret. Because, really, how much mold can one have in the fridge???

Other than that, I have no complaints. Everything seems to work out in the end.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Despite my recent bitching (thanks all for putting up with it BTW) there's only a few of things I'd do differently.

1. I'd have started skydiving way earlier.With what money I have no idea. ;)
2. I should have run like Hell when I first met my ex.
3. I'd have crashed at my friends' places the two times I got DWIs while going out on late-night munchie runs. :$

Other than that, I've done some stupid shit... like drinking and smoking my college education away... but on the whole things have turned out OK despite the occasional bumps in the road. B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

If I had to do it over again, I would've started skydiving when I was 18, just like I wanted to. And I would have taken a HELL of a lot more risks than I did.

I started at 18, - 2 IAD's in the fall of my first year at university. I just had no money to keep doing it.
Going back, I would have hung out at the DZ more often. Great people there : )
"Spread your legs and fly"

"and I found it when I needed to. "
I don't believe that my life would be any different. At the time, I had a certain mindset, the times were different, emotional content, etc. I wouldn't have picked my ex, but I would have found one just as crazy. I would have made the same mistakes, but in different places.
The only thing that I would do different is not work so hard. Right now, I don't remember all the weekends/nights I worked, but I remember the vacations.B|

Given the chance to change things.... I would spend more time with my grandma before i lost her. I would've stayed in college instead of listening to my then husband when he convinced me i was too stupid to ever get a degree. And of course, i wish i had started jumping at the age of 18.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!