jceman

Weekend Numbers -- Memorial Weekend

126:0:0

126 miles by sea from the northwestern tip of the US to Everett. It was time to move the boat from the Makah Marina at Neah Bay to the boatyard to do all the needfull that haunts all boat owners.:|

No Jumps but had a really good weekend.

Even the gale force winds kicked up by a passing cold front in the Strait of Juan de Fuca was sorta fun. ( big waves and adrenaline.. woo hoo) :S
No beer owed.

Oh and I am working... on Memorial Day....comp day to follow.

Amazon

1:2:1

So, weather on Friday was completely attrocious. Saturday Seagulls were floating around in our landing area, but Sunday was beautiful, clear blue skies, light winds a day made for skydiving.

However, no plane. Our cessna "blew a jug" and the Otter was weathered in somewhere in the US. At 3.30 pm I had given up hope and was heading back home, when I got the best phone call one could get. The plane is in Canada and it will be at the dz in a bout 1 hour or so.

Wooohooo, I turn the car around, almost get into an accident and head back. After a nervously long wait, the Otter shows itself, doing an awsome fly-by buzz job before landing, unloading and getting ready for teh first load. It is now approaching 6 'o clock.

We dirst dive a 2 point 10 way. An absolute first for me. Damn it is still pretty chilly at 14k. I am in the base and we don't funnel the exit, well at least not completely. We uild it to a 9 way and get the second point in.

Time to pack up and try this again. Exit was flawless, everybody made it to their slots, second point built and nothing but smiling faces all around. What an incredible rush!!

My first 2 point 10 way, hence a definite case of beer owed. What a great weekend, eventhough I only got 2 jumps late on Sunday afternoon.

25:7:2

First, I'd like to thank everyone at the Boogie for making it such a great time and it was really cool getting to meet all of you, I just wish I could have jumped with more of you... Ah well, I can wait until the next one I guess. A big thanks to HH and B2 for putting it all together.

25: Minutes spent brushing the dirt out of a vector 3 after downwinding on Saturday. It looked a lot worse than it felt, very dusty but only sightly bruised - it's way better than a low turn, IMHO.

Finally got to jump my very own new-to-me Triathalon, and I'm suddenly overwhelmed by the feeling of joy that can only be described as "No longer on a ragged-out student canopy." ;) What, you mean to say that flaring this canopy actually STOPS it?

Saturday started cruddy with a low overcast until 12:30 and then it was beautiful (thanks again to whoever drank the beer). Did some jumps with Islandcool and Michele (including a spectacular low funnel!) along with my first jump out of a skyvan and my first tube exit (with video, even!). Sunday I did an 8-way tube exit for Skypup's 200th jump, and it was great, but then I had to go home and work. Oh well, you gotta pay for your gear somehow.

All in all, a fabulous weekend.;););)

7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

0:4:0

So far....3 nice free fly jumps. One of them a tracking dive for Dan's #2000. I was absolutely LAST out and had to get down probably 500Ft. Of course I got there! Then did a another good 2 way with Dan. Weather was getting worse so I finished off the day with a H&P from 3500. It was SWOOPALICIOUS! No wind runnin the gates. However, I'm still having some problems getting used to the REALLY tall trees around the landing area. They mess with my sight picture something terrible. :D I don't really have to go back to work until Thursday so I'm headed back to the DZ here in the next hour or two. B|

0:6:0

All in all a good weekend, clouds kept us on the groud through some of it but still managed six jumps. Pyke from Monroe was deemed Kiwi :ph34r: and a kick ass guy, helped me set up my tent in my drunken stuper, which became the DZ pool Sun night. Many cases of beer were drank along with one pint of stump liqure. If you ask Sky :ph34r: One if he took a midnight ride though the woods, he couldnt tell you yes or no. If you never have been to party with us in Raeford, we can put on a show. Cant wait for 4th of July boogie!

"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

Dave:

Good job on your succesful weekend, tht is a lot of beer that will be in the fridge in the comming weeks, we'll have to drink some of that together whilst discussuin the finer points of woodwind instruments.;)

Did I say Riser burn, my bad I couldn't really tell the difference since it managed to shave a good portion of hair off as well as skin:o. That is the last time I swear that I am going to let myself go unstable.

I was a little hard on myself this weekend because I got lucky and I know it. I didn't have one mal, when I know I should have had closer to 3. You're right though, we all have bad weekends and i'm not stopping because I did some funneling. I'll be out the weekend of the 8th as I am started to get really strapped for cash and have a trip overseas comming up and school that needs a nice big check.

Maybe see you on Saturday

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

0:14:1

A great weekend; swoops, flag jumps, 1 tandem, CRW with many rotations and a couple of dragplanes, even some good RW thown in for balance.

Keith

''Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.'' - Ernest Hemingway

Did some jumps with Islandcool and Michele (including a spectacular low funnel!) along with my first jump out of a skyvan and my first tube exit (with video, even!).

Dude...had a great time. Kent who flew camera for you guys on that 4 way tube was cracking up when he talked about it that night. the 8 way tube must have been a blast.

Ed

>:(:3:Many

How wierd to be pissed off about the first number, but I was supposed to be jumping, not home in bed!

First jumps with McGowan, Jack, Dragontail, Dbattman, and Islandcool. First broken bone skydiving.

I still have an out-of-town boogie in my pocket, cause DZ.Perris'03 "never happened". Hmmmmm.;)

I had one Crazy ass weekend. Numbers? 3:4:3 including,
My first Night Jump (got called there)
First Jump on a sit Suite ( there too)
Got checked out for my B

First jump on my rig after getting it back from getting freefly mods, and first jump on sunday morning "KansasSkydiver" and someone else pulled me into my first head-down, which i was unaware of the plan, great fun. THANKS GUYS!

Didn't even go home, Just crashed at the DZ Saturday night and Sunday Night. Bonfire both nights. Burgers all day.
Life is good, gentlemen. :)
sds,
KState Parachute Club, Wamego, KS

=========Shaun ==========

0: 4: 0

I got a 7 pt. 4 way and now have all but my test completed for my C license. Yippee!!!! The test for my C license will be done this week.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

0:3:0
Even with working the Festival of Flight here in Fayetteville, NC all weekend, I still was able to sneak in three jumps on Monday before the weather kept us down.
I also think a few too many three day hang overs put a few too many in the quit mode earlier than usual on Monday.

I also think a few too many three day hang overs put a few too many in the quit mode earlier than usual on Monday.

:oSay it isn't so!:o

(We couldn't tell by the drunk post-whorring and DaGimp's complete inability to spell anything that a sober person would consider coherent and Chuckie's "Check IT" posts!:D)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

1:0:0
One daughter graduated from high school and all the family in town to celebrate. Had to work all weekend and any off time I had was spent with the visiting relatives. Will definetly be back up in the sky next weekend.
D28695 PoPs #9237
"Mix ignorance with arrogance at low altitude and the results are almost guaranteed to be spectacular"
— Bruce Landsberg

0:10:2

Put the FIRST jumps on my rig, damn i love it!!!!!!! :):P) Also learned that pulling at 2500ish:$ and being in the sadle around 1500 and then being the first down even with a Sabre 2 210 loaded at 1:1:o:$:$:$ *waits for bets to smack the crap out of me for being stupid*:D

I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

0:7:0

Three on Saturday, 4-way team training jumps, 3 more 4-ways today and one 7-way whaddafuck jump- Best one of the day, and the first jump in a while that wasn't centered on 4-way flat flying. I really needed that jump!
Didn't party down as much as I thought I would last nite, but helped float a keg anyway--

Easy Does It

3 (number of days of jumpable to really nice weather that we had in Xenia, OH):13:0

I spent close to 350 bucks this weekend, when it was all said and done, but for that money I got to do 13 great jumps with a bunch of different cool people at Skydive Greene County. Truly a fun weekend. :)

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

1/6/1
1 Plane pulled out of a cow pasture, great job by everyone involved.
6 kick ass jumps
1 case owed for first clear and pull with a touched end cells with AggieDave, I almost shit my pants.

Awesome weekend, And I was officially renamed to Perky, because there is just too many dave's.

"Sacrifice is a part of life. It is supposed to be. It's not something you regret . It's something to aspire to." Mitch Albom

Not a single jump due to tons of rain. But as usual the Monkey Claw Jam totally rocked! Completely worth the trip and the registration for all the fun we had. Rockin' parties, sumo wrestling, Luau, shit loads of kick ass people and a really cool Jam T-shirt.

Bring back the Nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

Fall in dove.

Let's see

260+/4/5

Altogether I got nine in on Saturday and Sunday because I had to fly out today. But I had a wonderful time!!!

It was nice to meet the people in person I've seen here on DZ.com,

had a kick ass weekend!!!

take the time to appreciate the people around you.

1 (new liver needed):5:1

Five nights straight - Tuesday through Saturday - of drinking.

3 RW jumps including the new dropzone.com RW record on Saturday. 2 freefly jumps on Monday. phreezone got some sweet canopy footage of me too. :)
First jump on my new RW suit.

A very pleasant weekend indeed. :D