MagicGuy

How often do you think of jumping?

I don't know if it's anticipation, if it's because I'm a newbie, or if it's a foreshadow of my future, but I think about skydiving a WHOLE lot. If my day is going shitty at work, I'll look up at the sky and think of being up there. On my days off from work, I'm wishing that I could be jumping. When i get home from work, I come on here and SkydivingMovies.com and spend my nights watching and reading skydiving.

So what's the deal here? Am I the only one that's thinking about jumping all the time? Shit, I've only made 2 jumps. But I can't seem to get it off my mind!

I always tell tandems and AFF students on their first jump that they will never look at the sky the same!!
Welcome to the addiction, now you know why most of us are poor, we spend all of our money on jumps!:P
Ashley Martin

"Corazon" Rodriguez
PMS #462

This is troof. You're not alone MagicGuy. I've only done one tandem and just the thought of being able to go through AFF has me motivated to save money for it. The only time I'm not thinking about it is when I'm performing some task at work. But that's only momentary and then I'm back to it.
----------------------------------------
6.8% - Almost there!

I think about jumping constantly. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I frequent this site MUCH more then any other site (forums or otherwise) on the internet.

Skydiving is my passon and my life.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

i'm fully addicted so i pretty much think about it constantly. i'm either on here, window shopping online for gear, reading my SIM, or mentally going over the dive flow for my next jump.

and at work when i get asked if i can work some over time, i don't think of it in terms of extra money, i think of it as more jumps.

i also find my self viusalizing landing patterns, noting obsatcles, and possible areas of turbulence when i drive past an open field.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Hehe, I spend my nights reading posts here and at skydivingmovies.com too. I haven't ever really posted myself but I always read it...
I thought it'd wear off after a while, but it's been about 6 weeks now, and it isn't showing any signs of wearing off.
And by the looks of some of the other people that have posted on this thread, it won't!

All the time.
Sometimes on a high wind day I'll arch into the wind. Sometimes whenI am riding my bike to work I'll pretend to be tracking.
When I am sitting in the van at work observing visible emmissions from the incnerator stacks I look at the big ol sky and wish I were up there.
There is a constant longing to get back into the sky, and jump out of a plane.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Yeah, I am completely obsessed, I am always reading something, or watching something, researching something that i need/want. Then I look at the sky and its all over, I have held up traffic several times cuz I was staring at the sky. When I am driving and I open the window I get excited when I feel the wind on my hands. Its an excitment that only those who have experenced true flight can understand. Its a longing that is more powerful than most everything else. It pulls at me and is a constant reminder of this sport that I am totally dedicated to.
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

Same as many others here...All the time.

I have no other life outside of skydiving nor am I interested in having some other one at this time so jumping and DZ.com take up all of my time....and that's the way I want it.

I'm retired and doing exactly what I want to do.
Ain't life good? :)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

All the time. Any time I see a beauitiful day outside, I want to be up there. Any time I see a flag, or a windsock, I judge where I might land if I had the chance. Its a huge addiction.

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

Definately am obsessed. I'm on DZ.com at work ALL the time or if I'm at school, usually while I'm in class too. I catch myself walking by this big window in my office and staring into the sky.

Anytime i take a flight anywhere, i always have my altimeter and I take it out and watch it and then imagine jumping through the sky and tracking to my destination.

Then if I'm not thinking about it, I'm on here reading about it, watching movies about it, or talking to people about it....

I think my parents are gonna kill me if I don't stop soon.....but they're coming out for my birthday to watch me make some jumps, so they'll get to see what the excitement is about :P
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

All the time.
Sometimes on a high wind day I'll arch into the wind. Sometimes whenI am riding my bike to work I'll pretend to be tracking.
When I am sitting in the van at work observing visible emmissions from the incnerator stacks I look at the big ol sky and wish I were up there.
There is a constant longing to get back into the sky, and jump out of a plane.

Whatta goober.:S:P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"