JohnRich

Grocery Store Etiquette

Remember "almost back in the day" when corn was 10 ears/$1[:/]

Where I grew up in Virginia there was a farm at the bottom of the hill, and we would stop in there to buy fresh produce. I don't remember the price, but the you would order a dozen ears of corn, and the farmer would walk out into the corn rows right then and there and pick 'em fresh for you right off the stalks. And he would always throw in an extra or two, just to be a good neighbor. Time from stalk to dinner table was as little as about 30 minutes.

Not looking that way this season.....
Good thing the gooberment is subsidizing it.
:|

Midwest is suffering from lack of rain, the corn crop is likely going to be negatively affected.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Remember "almost back in the day" when corn was 10 ears/$1

Isn't it stoopid early in the season? I bet these prices are high compared to what they'll come down when corn's a plenty.

I thought 4 for $1 sounded cheap! I guess I've been living in California for so long, I've gotten used to everything being so expensive. Everything except for booze costs a lot more than it did in Texas.

Oh, and the garbage can thing? I don't think I've ever seen a garbage can next to the corn. Nor have I ever seen anyone shucking their corn in the store.

Describe this person.

Female, about 30-years-old, with three kids in tow.

White,Black,Asian,Redneck,Well dressed or not?

Profiling?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Describe this person.

Profiling?

It was a black, lesbian redneck whose middle name was Hussein:) the three kids were all under 5. She was wearing a skyride tank top and spandex leggings and weighed about 300 pounds.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Describe this person.

Profiling?

It was a black, lesbian redneck whose middle name was Hussein:) the three kids were all under 5. She was wearing a skyride tank top and spandex leggings and weighed about 300 pounds.
With Dreadlocks, but she did have a College education, albeit and American one:D:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Describe this person.

Profiling?

With Dreadlocks, but she did have a College education, albeit and American one:D:D:D:D:D

If she was wearing a skyride tank top how well educated could she be?:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Describe this person.

Profiling?

If she was wearing a skyride tank top how well educated could she be?:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
EASILY, USA College Educated:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: You (USA) guys seem to give degrees to pretty much anyone:ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Evidently, at Walmart, this is expected behavior.
[:/]

I shuck my corn topless.

I get there and just admire the pile of corn and the old ladies looking at it like it's raw meat.

I flip my cart on it's side, stand up and slowly unbuttoning my shirt while humming the only song that is appropriate for peeling your own corn...if you think i'm sexy.....

then i sit and grab me a pile of corn and i peel baby i peel like i've never peeled before....and every now and again i stop to sniff the corn before i put it in the bag....maybe even give it a little lick!

My chest covered in the corns pubes....

Sweat running down my face.....

Old ladies slipping me quarters saying "Oh baby come over and i'll let you peel the corns off my feet!"
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

don't shop much but saw this is Publix today, not sold by weight so why shuck in the store?

I just microwave it, cut off the end, pop it out of the husk, no fuss, no mess, no silk
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

don't shop much but saw this is Publix today, not sold by weight so why shuck in the store?

I just microwave it, cut off the end, pop it out of the husk, no fuss, no mess, no silk

Some people buy the corn as fresh as possible. They stop in on their way to the cookout. The garbage can is a courtesy for them.

When I'm buying corn on the cob, I'll pull-back some of the husk to get a look at the kernels. I do push the husks back in place and either buy it or put it back. Seems to me, shucking corn in the store doesn't make sense. It'll just dry out by the time you get it home. I think, people who do that just don't want to deal with it at home.

Chuck

This lady certainly was selfish and rude.
But in most supermarkets and grocery stores here there are bins where you can put shucks, leaves, carrot greens etc if you don't want to take these parts home.

Talking about selfish people... It has become quite a nuisance here: Folks (mainly older persons who constantly complain about "good manners gone!") walk past a shelf with fruits, stop, take a few grapes of vine or a few cherries or strawberries and eat them straight away without paying. Does this also happen in the US?
Another "habit" that is annoying is - again, mainly old folks! - to poke/squeeze fruits or veggies to check if they are "just ripe enough" and if the person isn't satisfied, putting the fruit/veggie they just molested back into the shelf!
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Many years ago there was a grocer in Houston, Jamail's on Kirby Drive, who didn't allow anyone to touch the produce. Everything they sold was perfect and they had an attendant sack it for you. You just told the attendant how many. It cost more but there was no waste when you got home with the goods. Unfortunately their real estate value outpaced their margin on groceries and they sold out in the late 80's.