Namowal

Noob Cartoons: Skydiving Duck

I've been posting cartoons about my tandem and beginning AFF jumps in the "Introductions" forum, but it's been suggested I post them here, even though I'm far from a liscenced skydiver. So if you haven't seen them, and want to follow my misadventures (I'm a natural chicken so this doesn't come easy for me) :$here they are.

SkyDiving Duck: Chicken of the Sky

SkyDiving Duck III: Parachuting School (Chicken of the Sky, AFF version)

Skydiving Duck IV: Shakes on a Plane (AFF Level 2)

Skydiving Duck V: Altitude! Altitude! Altitude! (AFF 3, attempt 1))

Skydiving Duck IV: AFF 3: Take two, with a Twist
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

I just LOVE the flappity-flappity-flappity you wrote next to your slider. :ph34r:

I well remember my early skydiving days and although I didn't do AFF many things you describe are absolutely recognisable.
Keep 'em coming! Your stories are awesome!

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Nice to see you keeping up with the jumps and the cartoons.

It's funny, after my first few jumps I was so overwhelmed that I didn't want anything to do with skydiving immediately afterward. It'd think This is crazy stuff! I'm obviously not skydiving material! Then a I'd slowly start wanting to do it again as the days went by...
...now I'm trying to jump at least once a week. Hoping to get the nerve to do more than one jump per day eventually...

I like the twist giving the finger.

I think of line twists like bratty kids- annoying but manageable. Not looking forward to my first "real" malfunction (that is, a cutaway situation) but if I handle it properly I'll (probably!) live to have fun with the drawing.

And thanks Marinus, Wildcard451, Baksteen, guineapiggie101 and Trigirl.
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

You capture the tormenting humour of skydiving so well! Please continue with your art!

Ever cartoon you put out, some part of it makes me laugh out loud, thank you for that.

I hope the rest of your progression goes well!

and seriously, send your work to blue skies :)
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

I happened across your articles a few weeks ago;
OUTSTANDING!!!
Some of the funniest stuff I've read since Airtwardo's posts, but with much better pictures!:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Nicely drawn!

Much like Muscleheadz are the cartoons printed in the back of some muscle mags, maybe you could be the cartoon printed in the back of Blue Skies Magazine? You should drop them an e-mail!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

You draw and describe exactly how I felt almost 27 years and 3600+ jumps ago.

One of the local skygods took me aside after my 23rd jump and said "Keith, you're not good, but you're damned determined."

It gets better!

Keith

''Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.'' - Ernest Hemingway

Wow, thanks everyone. I knew some people liked my 'toons but I didn't expect so much positive feedback!
You guys (and gals) rock!:)

It's great and easily worth publishing:)We havent had a decent comic strip since Steve Orinio, I miss him and his work
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

i have got to agree, these are awesome. you are very talented. and although i've never been scared in the slightest jumping, i may hold a record for the longest time as a student. i initially jumped way back in 98. stick with it and best wishes to ya.
http://kitswv.com

Nicely drawn!

Much like Muscleheadz are the cartoons printed in the back of some muscle mags, maybe you could be the cartoon printed in the back of Blue Skies Magazine? You should drop them an e-mail!

+1

Actually if the folks at BLue Skies Magazine were on the ball they would send you an email.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.