Namowal

Noob Cartoons: Skydiving Duck

RELAX!

[Joke that will only make sense to those old enough to remember 1985]Frankie? Is that you?;)[/Joke that will only make sense to those old enough to remember 1985]

***Every one of those "glitches" gives you experience and helps you relax the next time.
Good point. I suppose repeating levels is more like custom training as opposed to "You dummy! Fail!" Obviously I need to devote more time to mastering the level five tricks. Plus I've learned a few things not to do.

***Sounds like you're doing just fine. Keep going and keep the cartoons coming. I really enjoy them.
Glad you like them. Thanks!
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

A spin of 360 degrees?
Beginners.:P
Back when I started, I was spinning like a top and opening with line twist so bad I spent half the canopy ride kicking it out.:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

A spin of 360 degrees?
Beginners.:P
Back when I started, I was spinning like a top and opening with line twist so bad I spent half the canopy ride kicking it out.:S

I was fairly solid on the whole - but I already posted on Namowal's blog about the AFF level I finished spinning on my back, and having to pull that way. :S

I remember a riser hooked one of my legs on opening. That hurt!

What does the little guy with the bomb symbolize in the attached image?

I put the bomb guy in as a reminder that, while the drop isn't as scary as it used to be (for me), I shouldn't get too complacent either. It's a fun ride, but I need to remember I'm not at Disneyland and should always be alert as to what's going on. Sort of a "Have fun, but pay attention!!" reminder.

What does the little guy with the bomb symbolize in the attached image?

I put the bomb guy in as a reminder that, while the drop isn't as scary as it used to be (for me), I shouldn't get too complacent either. It's a fun ride, but I need to remember I'm not at Disneyland and should always be alert as to what's going on. Sort of a "Have fun, but pay attention!!" reminder.

Excellent! That's what I figured it represented, but I wanted to make sure: Danger is always lurking, and can explode unexpectedly at any time.

Thanks to everyone for their support.
[ url http://tailotherat.blogspot.com/2011/10/skydiving-duck-aff-5-part-two.html]Here's the latest entry, with a video.[/url]
(Note that my hair is tucked safely away this time!)

Awesome! Love the smiles all the way down

Keep at it, you're getting more and more relaxed. B|

On a separate note, aren't radios on helmet a potential hazard? Like wearing a camera.

The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo

Thanks to everyone for their support.
[ url http://tailotherat.blogspot.com/2011/10/skydiving-duck-aff-5-part-two.html]Here's the latest entry, with a video.[/url]
(Note that my hair is tucked safely away this time!)

Your feet and lips look much smaller on video.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Awesome! Love the smiles all the way down

Keep at it, you're getting more and more relaxed. B|

Thanks!

On a separate note, aren't radios on helmet a potential hazard? Like wearing a camera.

I suppose so, but the container that holds them is pretty flush with the helmet edge, so it's not like it's a knob waiting to snag something. Of course, I'm no expert so maybe I should stay out of this debate.

Congrats, and keep up the good work. Love the aura of calm keeping the fear at bay, and the smiles in the video.

I think I was okay in the air because Fear Personified was still up in the plane. He won't go out that door.

See you around the DZ!

The last time I was there a few strangers come up to me and say "Hey! Skydiving Duck!" Maybe I'm getting notorious. :$

The last time I was there a few strangers come up to me and say "Hey! Skydiving Duck!" Maybe I'm getting notorious. :$

There are a few from the Great-Soon-to-be-White North who are following the exploits.

Great job on Level 5 and looking forward to the next one!!

Blue Ones,

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

There are a few from the Great-Soon-to-be-White North who are following the exploits.

Blue Ones,

and some in Malaysia as well!

If we can get a few more continents to chime in you could consider yourslelf the world famous skydiving duck :P
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

I think I was okay in the air because Fear Personified was still up in the plane. He won't go out that door.

It's pretty amazing what you can do when you leave fear behind :)

Now if I can only figure out how to keep "him" from following me onto the plane. He ruins the ride!;)

Thanks! :$

It's pretty amazing what you can do when you leave fear behind :)

Now if I can only figure out how to keep "him" from following me onto the plane. He ruins the ride!;)

Thanks! :$

So Fear is too scared to go out the door? :P

Thanks yet again. These are great (as usual).

I had the usual "Ride Up Nerves" in the plane yesterday. I had to smile when I thought about your "Fear Noogies" because that's exactly what it was.

The "Here and Now" of the jump is part of it for me.
It was 15 above (Farenheit) at altitude yesterday. When the door was opened, it felt really cold. Once it was time to go, nothing else mattered but the jump. I didn't feel the cold again until after I was under canopy. Same as always.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo