47 47
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)
On 2/11/2024 at 4:58 PM, olemisscub said:

That's pretty awesome, I dig it. 

Pedantic quibble: It was Flo who left her purse in the back. Tina brainfarted in her 302 and said it was Alice who came back to get her purse, but it was 100% Flo. 

I'm glad you enjoyed it,

I equally enjoy your videos, pls keep-em coming!

I know Flo was verified in this instance, but I could not get Flo to Flo, so I used Alice whom at a minimum was attributed and fit the rhyme for that line.

Did you pick up on the the clever bit, the nuance of who could be inferred as being the REDACTED. 

Edited by Cola

1 hour ago, Cola said:

I'm glad you enjoyed it,

I equally enjoy your videos, pls keep-em coming!

I know Flo was verified in this instance, but I could not get Flo to Flo, so I used Alice whom at a minimum was attributed and fit the rhyme for that line.

Did you pick up on the the clever bit, the nuance of who could be inferred as being the REDACTED. 

I don't see who that's an inference for...

(edited)
2 hours ago, olemisscub said:

The lyrics are making me think Braden - but he's not a perfect fit, and if there is some kind of deeper musical hint as to who REDACTED is supposed to be I'm not picking up on it! :rofl:

Edited by Coopericane

(edited)
2 hours ago, olemisscub said:

I think rather than spoiling it I'll leave it out there as a riddle for a few days. That way you'll have a nice chuckle in the cleverness of the line. Its nuanced, but I know - that you'll know this.

Edited by Cola
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Cola said:

Found a new candidate

Catching up on 302's - Here's a fun one

image.png.537b71d37676e97bfeff8135c37cacbf.png

Pulled form a paper in Feb 1980 with revisions from an office prankster.  

We need a celebrity comp, maybe the "Ted Turner" sketch ?

https://www.the-sun.com/news/10410179/db-cooper-fbi-investigating-dna-richard-mccoy/

It would be a little bit of a disappointing ending to me if it wound up being McCoy.  Mainly because the MOs don't really line up.  How could the FBI be entertaining that parachute with everything that is wrong with it ?  

This is a strange development.

1 hour ago, JAGdb said:

https://www.the-sun.com/news/10410179/db-cooper-fbi-investigating-dna-richard-mccoy/

It would be a little bit of a disappointing ending to me if it wound up being McCoy.  Mainly because the MOs don't really line up.  How could the FBI be entertaining that parachute with everything that is wrong with it ?  

Rick looks and sounds convincing. He's saying he heard his mother confess to helping with the Cooper hijacking and he offered physical evidence. It's also possible that the current people at the FBI simply don't know the results of the investigation into McCoy in 72.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Andrade1812 said:

Rick looks and sounds convincing. He's saying he heard his mother confess to helping with the Cooper hijacking and he offered physical evidence. It's also possible that the current people at the FBI simply don't know the results of the investigation into McCoy in 72.

The issue with this, and it goes back to the Gryder videos, is that there was nothing offered up that was even mildly convincing enough to standup under basic scrutiny.  When you say "my father was DB Cooper" and offer nothing else, it feels more like we are in grainy big foot or flying saucer video territory. 

The parachute is in direct conflict with the vortex's best information on it.  They offered nothing regarding the actual night of the hijacking i.e. details about where and when he jumped, what the actual "plan" was, how he got out of wherever he landed, how the money was lost, some of these answers should be able to explain the Tena Bar find.  

I suppose we will have to wait and see how it plays out. 

• Like 4

(edited)
7 hours ago, JAGdb said:

Wasnt it the US SUN that reported life on Pluto ? No evidence there is a Menards or Starbucks on Pluto ! On the other hand, most people dont care much less know that the Earth is not round. Whatever sells . . . its all promotions.

Edited by georger

21 hours ago, Andrade1812 said:

You are going to be so annoyed when the FBI declares it was McCoy and closes the case for good.

I would only be annoyed by how long it took the FBI to declare - they have proven for 52 1/4 years it will not come from them. I do not have an interest in whoever is named. I am only following the Reca storyline as it flows straighter than the FBI story and NWA's flightpath. Sadly, I trust his information more than what our government agency lets out. 

14 hours ago, JAGdb said:

Strange development indeed.

Didn't the FBI eliminate him long ago?

Didn't the stews (eyewitnesses) reject him?

Haven't you guys (the legit researchers) eliminated him?

The parachute is all wrong?*

At this point in time, I believe that the FBI has proven themselves to be agenda-driven, dishonest, and not to be believed. If they now decide to proclaim McCoy as Cooper...  Well, I said this before somewhat in jest, but why is Larry Carr among you and why do they not want this case to be legitimately solved?

*[The parachute - from what was left on the plane - I think Fly said that the cut-up front reserve had it's own packing card. The other (missing) front reserve, if it was indeed a training dummy, it would not have a packing card. There were two packing cards with the rig left on the plane, with different serial numbers, and neither of them completely full. So it wasn't like that rig was on it's second card because the first one was full. So the second card was presumably from the other rig, the one Cooper used. The McCoy rig is a main container, not a bailout rig. Main containers do not have packing cards. Now, that container would not on its own eliminate McCoy. If McCoy was  jumper, it wouldn't be unusual for him to have an old rig in his closet. It just wouldn't be the one he used for a skyjacking. I can't imagine Cooper taking the rig with him as he hiked out of wherever he landed. Especially unpacked, it is bulky and cumbersome to carry. And it would stick out like a sore thumb to anyone who might happen to see him. I can't imagine that he wouldn't ditch it wherever it was he landed.]

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dudeman17 said:

At this point in time, I believe that the FBI has proven themselves to be agenda-driven, dishonest, and not to be believed. If they now decide to proclaim McCoy as Cooper...  Well, I said this before somewhat in jest, but why is Larry Carr among you and why do they not want this case to be legitimately solved?

*[The parachute - from what was left on the plane - I think Fly said that the cut-up front reserve had it's own packing card. The other (missing) front reserve, if it was indeed a training dummy, it would not have a packing card. There were two packing cards with the rig left on the plane, with different serial numbers, and neither of them completely full. So it wasn't like that rig was on it's second card because the first one was full. So the second card was presumably from the other rig, the one Cooper used. The McCoy rig is a main container, not a bailout rig. Main containers do not have packing cards. Now, that container would not on its own eliminate McCoy. If McCoy was  jumper, it wouldn't be unusual for him to have an old rig in his closet. It just wouldn't be the one he used for a skyjacking. I can't imagine Cooper taking the rig with him as he hiked out of wherever he landed. Especially unpacked, it is bulky and cumbersome to carry. And it would stick out like a sore thumb to anyone who might happen to see him. I can't imagine that he wouldn't ditch it wherever it was he landed.]

Watch my video to see the cavalcade of information that eliminates McCoy. 

Also, that McCoy rig has both capewells and D-rings, which Coop’s chute didn’t have 

IMG_1544.jpeg

• Like 3

(edited)
5 hours ago, dudeman17 said:

Didnt it all start with McCoy .... or as it were .... Galen Cook and his FBI friends. What goes round sometimes comes around. Like a beetle traveling on a ball. The bigger the ball the longer it takes. Is this a rumor, a cause, promotion, wishful thinking, a plan, an award, or just beetles traveling on the social media plane ? What goes around comes around. I am sure Galen Cook is smiling in any event. Maybe Galen started this rumor too ? Is Galen Cook still alive ? 

Edited by georger
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, olemisscub said:

Also, that McCoy rig has both capewells and D-rings, which Coop’s chute didn’t have 

IMG_1544.jpeg

Yes... but what if...

We were wrong and the FBI covered up their own mistakes with a far-reaching and very expensive 45 year conspiracy involving scores of FBI agents and several US Presidents?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, olemisscub said:

that McCoy rig has both capewells and D-rings, which Coop’s chute didn’t have 

Exactly, which is part of what identifies it as a main, and not a bailout rig, thus no packing card that would go with it.

9 hours ago, olemisscub said:

Thanks for posting that, interesting stuff in there. One is how close he landed to his home, and stashed the rig and the money. So did he get his rig home, is that one the one he used in his hijacking? Also interesting is that he specified what type of gear he wanted them to get for him, even indicating to get it from Perry Stevens. Perry was an early innovator of parachuting, instruction, and gear. He invented one particular simple back-up safety device that is now present on nearly every rig, and has saved many many lives over the years. I think 377 has said that Perry was one of his early instructors. And even with that, McCoy brought his own rig. I had wondered how he got his rig on board undetected. Interesting that he put it in checked luggage, then had all the luggage put out so he could find his. Makes me wonder - is there a way to get from the passenger compartment down into the luggage hold in flight? How was luggage stored in those days? Could Cooper have possibly had an accomplice check a case that he could have gone down and gotten?

-----------------

7 hours ago, georger said:

Didnt it all start with McCoy .... or as it were .... Galen Cook and his FBI friends. What goes round sometimes comes around. Like a beetle traveling on a ball. The bigger the ball the longer it takes. Is this a rumor, a cause, promotion, wishful thinking, a plan, an award, or just beetles traveling on the social media plane ? What goes around comes around. I am sure Galen Cook is smiling in any event. Maybe Galen started this rumor too ? Is Galen Cook still alive ?

I don't know enough about Galen Cook to fully understand this reference. But the round and round part... I'm having a hard time not going down a rabbit hole of what the FBI might be up to. At this point (not just Cooper, but everything in general) I don't put nuthin' past nobody. Rabbit holes... It's where the feddin' wabbits live.

10 hours ago, dudeman17 said:

Exactly, which is part of what identifies it as a main, and not a bailout rig, thus no packing card that would go with it.

I was under the impression that all parachute packs would have packing cards in them. That’s not the case?

3 hours ago, olemisscub said:

I was under the impression that all parachute packs would have packing cards in them. That’s not the case?

No. Reserves and bailout rigs are considered 'life-saving' devices. They are designed primarily for reliability, and have to pass testing standards. They are required to be inspected and packed by a licensed rigger within certain time periods. They have seals and packing cards. One of the purposes of the packing card is so that the user, the pilot, or other interested party (such as a drop zone owner or incident investigator) can check to make sure it is 'in date', and legal to use. Mains are considered 'sporting equipment', and do not have to meet those standards. Manufacturers can design them more for flight performance, which might affect their reliability. They don't require seals or cards. In the sport environment, mains might be used several times a day, or week, or however busy the jumper is. A card would be superfluous and impossible to keep up with. A main is supposed to be packed by either the user, a rigger, or someone 'under the supervision' of a rigger, which means someone a rigger approves. Military might be different. I'm not a rigger, so I'm not sure. Some military mains might have cards, but I've never heard of it, I don't think so. The idea would be that if there was an incident, they would want to know who packed it. But in any military operation, they would know which military loft the gear came from, and the loft would keep such records.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, olemisscub said:

To add to my answer above, that answer, as with most of my gear descriptions in this thread, is with Cooper era gear in mind. Back mains that pair with front reserves. Modern era piggyback rigs, with the main and reserve both incorporated into the same rig, those all do have packing cards, the card being pertinent to the reserve. The rigs that do not have cards are Cooper era back mains, which that McCoy rig is. Bailout rigs of all eras and types do have cards.

• Like 2