22 22
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)
1 hour ago, Andrade1812 said:

We really need to interview Carr or any of the other Case Agents at length about these issues. How did these transitions go? was there any meaningful transfer of knowledge? etc.

Well...I know if you try approaching him with crime-related questions on Facebook, he will block you. I have his email address, but I'm not going there. He's no longer the case agent anyway, and unlikely he will discuss it. There is nothing at all on his Facebook about even being with the FBI. And no one posts on his page anything having to do with his work, or any FBI stuff I noticed. 

Yeah...I'm not going there with him. 

BELOW: Couple of pictures I took from the Greenwater Store, the final stop for gas and groceries for anyone attending the festival from the Seattle side. From the eastern WA side, there isn't a store for at least sixty miles. Store is only open on day hours. Same with the Chevron. Only public toilet are outhouses. This is why I advised people to stock up BEFORE they get to Greenwater. Beer is pretty expensive there anyway. B) (Also a picture of the snow where we live.)

TotemPole.jpg

BigfootCountry.jpg

SnowedIn.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Geez...is that TV show full of baloney, or what? 'Robert' Scott? They mistake the British Antarctic explorer for Captain WILLIAM Scott.

Cossey was 'busy preparing all four parachutes?' Ha. 

Too bad about Simmons, though. 

Watching this show, it occurred to me the reason why Cooper decided to take a flight that would ensure he would be doing a night jump. He WAS worried about being seen jumping by possible chase planes. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Quote from user 'Kermit' on another Cooper website:

'I’m once again humored by your comment about the weather ! You said “ A bit of a tall order considering the weather “. I’ve lived in Portland most of me life. I delivered mail in Portland for 28 years always an outdoor walking route ! I lived in Portland on Nov 24, 1971. The weather that day was as typical normal as it could possibly have been. Check the weather report for that day ! There was NO snow or ice ! There was NO strong wind ! The temperature was exactly within the typical temperature for that day !The precipitation was like .19 !  Don’t get fooled and caught up in a bunch of BS stories ! I remember the day well ! The FBI probably would love to exaggerate the weather as a fierce stormy day as their inability to solve the crime is embarrassing to them ! They want him dead in the jump !...'

You and me, brother. No one ever thought someone would create a website that shows practically every historical weather record known to man...Weather Underground...and they get most of that historical information from the records held by the major airports. Like PORTLAND INTERNATIONAL for example. And what they show for November 24, 1971 isn't anything close to a 'big storm'. More like misty rain all day, (2 tenths of an inch in 24 hours) light winds, and wind levels at 8PM that evening that were the lowest they had been all damn day. 

Like Kermit, I too get tired of seeing all the BS stories on TV, and newspaper articles from the period...even BOOKS...pumping up that 'big storm on the day of the hijacking' nonsense. See the official record yourself HERE at Weather Underground for the Portland Airport for November 24, 1971. 

Conditions were similar in Seattle. Those six mile an hour winds must have been brutal. ^_^

I could tell you what the weather was on the day of the hijacking as far as Seattle goes, but that would be a subjective observation and not a record. But it pretty much matches what Weather Underground says for Portland, except they got only .14 of an inch of rain all day, as opposed to the .19 for Portland. 

On that 'I was there on that day' subjective stuff, this is how it was. Lived on a farm in Sumner, WA which is about twenty minutes SE of SeaTac Airport. Misty garbage rain all day, the kind that soaks through your clothes eventually. Hardly any wind. Just dreary and overcast. When I got home from school, they interrupted the JP Patches show and went to local TV news at SeaTac Airport.

Later, Walter Cronkite got involved. No storm, no wind. Nothing close to it. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

We picked up a few more applications this week for the June Cooper Festival. Right now they just trickle in here and there. Still not enough to finalize the event, but I expect after we do the press release then apps will pick up a bit. (I figure we need between 120-150 minimum absolutely confirmed attendees to finalize, and no more than 200 if possible.) 

I sent Bruce Smith a message asking if he wanted to see my pitch on why he should be there, but he hasn't answered. I will give it a day or two and then conclude that he either isn't seeing the message, or isn't interested. My opinion is that the biggest-ever Cooper event in WA state ought to be hosted by the biggest Cooper author in WA state, but neither will I wait on him for long. This decision is completely up to him. Due to some pressure, yes...I am going to do a presentation of my own at the Festival. It will be a short video, followed by a slideshow where I discuss the contents of the slideshow. 

Two other members of Shutter's forum have contacted me via Facebook regarding the Festival. One really wants to go. The other is still not sure. We now have four scheduled speakers and not much room for more. Maybe a couple, maybe three or four additional, and then I will have to cut it off. The only real time slots are Friday during the day, Saturday during the day. Party stuff at night for the most part, and movies. Some people have emailed asking if we have any Cooper-related media. Sure, yes. I know we have that comedy with Treat Williams anyway. 

No other news really. Snow is starting to melt here in Seattle. Finally. No work for me until next Tuesday, and I think the roads will be much better by then. 

EDIT: No sooner had I posted this when the power went out. I heard a transformer up the street explode. Probably wet snow on it, heated it up...then it blew. Broke out the generator to keep the house running. Power came back on a couple of hours later. It's a damn big sloppy mess all over town, in any case. :thumbdown:

Message for Bruce Smith (or other interested parties):  You are more than welcome to attend Bruce, and possibly take the (paid) hosting job. But like everyone else, you have to sign up to go, or arrange it with me in advance. No drop-ins are allowed, no matter who they are. We will be working from a list of names. Anyone not on the list does not get in. This is non-negotiable. The hosting job pays a few hundred bucks, by the way...anyone else besides Bruce who might be interested, please contact me PRIVATELY. Do NOT post your inquiry openly at Dropzone. If you do, I will reject your inquiry automatically. The hosting job consists of standing up there on stage and introducing the people who will be doing presentations, and helping do the music system/PA system. It's not that tough, but someone has to do it. Greg or I or Kyle could do it, but we will be busy emptying the toilets and picking up the trash. B) Anyone interested just contact me at the main email, adventurebooksofseattle AT G Mail. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
1 hour ago, dudeman17 said:

Flyjack, if you're interested, there's a good picture of a rigger's seal in this thread:

https://www.dropzone.com/forums/topic/271157-seeking-experienced-opinions-on-an-older-parachute-rig-from-a-storage-unit-auction/

Break the seal??

IMO, it seems unlikely the alternate SN/Date is from the pilot chute, I thought maybe some tag on the outside of the container somewhere. It wasn't the harness, that has a different date.

Edited by FLYJACK

From time to time, complete NB6/8 rigs come up for sale at eBay. 

This is the cheapest I have seen for the complete rig, at least lately. Even the shipping isn't too bad. One dumb game that eBay sellers sometimes do is to sell something for cheaper...and then jack the shipping to five times what it actually costs to ship it. Occasionally I have made bids on items there where I put the price to what the buyer is asking...and then say my bid will INCLUDE the shipping. Once in a while it works. 

(edited)

If you're wondering why I make so many references to the Cooper Festival at DZ, the reason is simple.

I direct the folks who approached us via the contact form at AB to this thread for quickie updates, and general information on the case. Yes. I send them HERE. The email update only happens once a month. 

Greg the Techie Guy's latest idea, (and how can a guy who types code in different languages at 70 wpm be wrong?) is to bring a stand-up twin propane stove from Amazon and two very large (50 quart or more) stock pots with lids. He wants to turn our BBQ units over to the public and do our Saturday feed as a spaghetti-with-meat-sauce and buttered French bread meal instead. A side or two from #10 cans. 

To do this, he suggests we buy dozens of loaves on arrangement with our local Safeway bakery, pounds of real butter, slice up the bread generously at mealtime and just offer the butter.

To do the spaghetti, he wants to buy pounds of frozen hamburger from the same source, plenty of pasta, and boatloads of spaghetti sauce. Fry all the hamburger in one big pot, drain it, add all the sauce, boil the spaghetti in the other pot, and then serve it all on Dixie Deep Dish heavy duty plates from Amazon, with heavy-duty Dixie utensils from the same source.

Greg told me this in an email today:

"Bob, how the heck will you feed so many people using two BBQ units, and telling them they have to provide their own side dishes and drinks. We can do side dishes from cans and offer bottled water. Your way will take us hours."

The guy is a genius. Sounds like an Army feed to me. I used to drive out lunch to trainees at Ft. Leonard Wood. I know the drill. B)

We're going with his idea. I will update the website soon and include this in the next public email, which comes out soon. Not piquing your interest yet? Maybe it should. The common question I get is about the DB Cooper Lookalike Contest. That kind of money will bring out every Cooper fan from all over the Northwest. The food, the view, the music, movies, and videos will do the rest. We will have to turn people away at some point.

How do I know? I've seen the applications. I know where they're coming from. Everywhere.

It's free, but there are two rules. You must have had the two-shot series of any legit Covid vaccine. And you must sign up before the slots disappear. Not that much to ask, as some folks are realizing. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

No big deal, but the two web pages about the June Cooper Festival have now been heavily updated. I'm *pretty sure* this is the final version. I went over it with a fine-tooth comb this evening. 

Main page on event.

The 'More FAQ's' page on event. 

Only took us three months to figure the whole thing out. ¬¬ But I think we're finally there. 

Bruce Smith was offered the hosting job twice, which is a paying position. No answer, so I have to assume he wasn't interested. No problem. It was always his choice, and we have someone else who has expressed an interest in the job. Can't tell you who he is, but he posts occasionally at both DZ and Shutter's Cooper Forum. In any case, we will find someone suitable for the job eventually. I also considered the idea that it might be too far for Bruce to drive to the festival, or perhaps there were health issues with him that would prevent his attendance. No one is upset with him. Like I said, it was always his choice to be involved or not. 

The main reason we offered Bruce the job was because of Bryan Woodruff denying him attendance to the 2016 Ariel Cooper Days.

We figured since Woodruff did that to him, he deserved a better shake from us than he got from Bryan. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Heisson Store people told me this recently:

They have heard of the alleged break-in on the night of the hijacking. This was 'before their time' they said. The store had been broken into previously and the main suspect(s) were always hobos, since the RR tracks were nearby. They gave me a name to contact regarding this break-in, but I haven't spoken to this person yet. 

Sure, it's possible it was just another hobo-implemented break-in, although I have my doubts. One of the reasons is the timing. Not that many burglaries happen on Thanksgiving morning, I would think. And Clark County cops were up and down those local roads all night, due to the information provided them by FBI agent Thomas Manning, who was in contact with the Clark County Sheriff. And although the public was not aware right away that the NWA crew had reported that they thought Cooper had jumped...the FBI WAS aware of this because they were getting updates about flight all the time as it progressed south of Seattle. 

Also, I have considered the items that were taken in the burglary. Cigarettes, beef jerky, and what you could describe as road food. Footprints from someone who was wearing boots. But again...that could be a hobo...or it could be Cooper. Unless you knew the brand of cigarettes taken in this break-in, it's hard to pin it on Cooper for sure. However, the fact that the break-in is mentioned in FBI files regarding Cooper is significant in itself. At that time, maybe they figured Cooper wasn't that far south, and couldn't have BEEN that far south so quickly if he jumped closer to Ariel. Maybe that's the reason they brushed it off. They didn't figure Cooper was that far away from what (at that time) they considered his probable dropzone. 

On the other hand, if Cooper figured people were already looking for him, and he reaches any kind of local road, chances are that he would have been picked up by the local cops if he were to continue walking any of the local roads. We already know the locals themselves were aware of the hijacking, because of the heavy TV coverage earlier in the evening, and that later...some of them reported suspicious activity here and there to the FBI...at the time the FBI finally got their initial search organized and going. 

If Cooper stays on any road and is seen...probably hauling (by now) a container for a parachute that is now full of cash...someone is going to see him, and report him, or if it's a cop, that cop is going to stop him and check him out. Cooper could either boonie-crash for miles to avoid the locals and the cops, or he could do the RR tracks, where it's much safer to avoid being seen. From Google Maps, you can plainly see the Heisson Store is visible from the RR tracks. 

If I were a betting man, I would call it as a 60/40 proposition. Sixty percent it was Cooper. If someone (for sure!) were to testify that the brand of cigarettes taken in the burglary were Raleighs, then I would call it 90 percent it was Cooper who did that. But without knowing that information, it is hard to make the call. 

The picture below shows the RR tracks and the store today. But back in 1971, there were many more trees and hardly any houses around. It would have been completely different from the picture. The store was more or less by itself there, with few if any homes nearby. Another consideration is that there are no train stops here, which means it would be impossible for anyone to jump off a train, burglarize the store, and then wait for the next train to come along. It would be going too fast anyway. Back in those days, trains often went pretty fast, especially in the country. It's more like someone was walking the tracks, saw the store, broke into it, took what they needed, and got back up on the tracks and kept heading south. 

HeissonStore.jpg

(On a side note, we sent out our February Cooper Festival email update. One copy to a group of 35 people, mostly known in Cooperland. The other copy went out to the public email group, the folks who applied through the Contact Form or by email. Mostly, those people are not known to us.) 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Well, I've known Cossey was feeding the FBI baloney for years. He may have packed the chutes that were given to Cooper, sure. And he did, as far as we can tell. But that was the extent of it. 

His statement to several press sources after the FBI dumped the Amboy Chute in his driveway in 2008 and asked him if he could identify it:

"I knew it wasn't Cooper's in less than ten seconds. The ones I gave Cooper were ripstop nylon, and the one they showed me was made of silk..."

It wasn't made of silk. That has been dismissed based on certain chute experts seeing blowups and determining the material had a crosshatch pattern....ripstop nylon for sure. At the very least, straight nylon...which is much less likely. 99% it was ripstop. 

The FBI was almost as bad as Cossey regarding the Amboy chute. They admitted to me in an email (and a phone call to my office) that only Cossey was allowed to see the chute. They told me they did consult other 'experts' but only by telephone. I don't know how you identify a chute over the phone. 

Later that same day, Cossey told a Seattle Times newspaper reporter that the Amboy chute WAS Cooper's. The reporter almost ran with the story, but his boss did a double-check with Cossey and found out Cossey was BS'ing the reporter. 

Cossey didn't even personally hand over the chutes himself on the afternoon of the hijacking, although he claims he did. Linn Emerick at Sky Sports did that. Cossey was at home in Woodinville. The WA State Patrol never visited him. They went to Sky Sports, and then back to SeaTac Airport. 

Norman Hayden, the owner of the two backpack chutes delivered to Cooper, told me that the only thing he got mad about regarding Cossey was that Cossey kept claiming the backpacks belonged to him, and that the one that ended up in the WA State History Museum should have been returned to HIM. This really pissed off Norman, I can tell you that. 

Side Note: Once Cossey started going down Baloney Road with the press regarding the ownership and delivery of the Cooper chutes, he also put himself into a bad position. If he points to any chute brought to him as the one Cooper actually jumped with...then everything he said previously is going to come out eventually as a lie. 

What does this mean? It means Cossey would not be motivated to identify a chute as Cooper's, even if they brought him the right one. It was better for him for the whole thing to remain in a cloud of confusion and mystery.

EDIT: In other news, we now have exactly 26 people absolutely confirmed for the June Cooper Festival. Some have emailed photos of their vaccine card/receipts. Some of these folks left everything visible on those photos even though I said we only needed to see their names. I handled that by putting everyone on a special printed list we're creating of people who will almost certainly show up...and then I deleted their card pictures from our computer files. They're good to go. 

The reason for the special list is we will need that to check them into the festival when they arrive. Fortunately, I have determined that cell phone service does work at our location, but they might not be able to reach us from some spots between the turnoff at the main highway, and the actual festival site. That's because the road goes into valleys here and there, and the site itself is at about 4,000 feet, and a nine mile drive once you leave the main highway. At the site, signal is 4G. Maybe 5G if you have Verizon. But down lower...as you approach...maybe no signal at all. I'm urging people to invest in some Baofeng ham units that run on the 22 channels of the Family Radio Service. (Like these at Amazon) Most walkies today are on FRS. In the old days, they were on CB channel 14 mostly. But we're montoring both the FRS freqs and a certain CB channel as well...using both a car mobile and walkie units.

My biggest fear is that people will get lost after they leave the main road. So we're using every com system we can get our hands on, just in case. Our small Planning Committee is debating the idea of posting signs when we go up there to do the setup. Two of us think it's a bad idea, since everyone on the list will have the cell number, the frequencies we monitor, the maps and directions anyway, and we don't want people who haven't heard of the festival to try driving up there and getting in without proof of the Covid vaccine. We would have to turn them away.

The other two, (yes, there are FOUR of us on the committee) think it will help people from getting lost on the way there. I am AGAINST signs because after researching the road(s) to the location I can see you would have to try really hard in order to get lost. Plus, they could hook up with other people on the way there anyway. We're going to work out some arrangement with the Greenwater General Store on this issue, somehow. I already talked to the owner about this. He likes the idea of a bunch of Cooper fans making his store the last stop before hitting the turnoff onto the Forest Service road. We are even creating a special poster he can put in his window, and inside the store.

That's the GOOD news. The (possibly) BAD news is that unless we get at least 100-120 absolutely confirmed folks on the check-in list by May 12 or so, Greg and I may cancel the whole thing. (We have to make our final Amazon orders around this date, and it's a major expense.) I doubt this will happen, since it's only mid-February and the newspaper articles aren't coming out until April...but Greg says he's not dropping thousands of dollars on an event where almost nobody shows. I told him he has nothing to worry about. When that confirmed check-in list reaches 200-250 names we are closing down all the webpages, will NOT accept any further apps to attend, and going with what we have for attendance at that point. I figure most of those 200 people will probably show. No 'drop-ins' will be allowed. If you aren't on the list, you do not get on-site. No ifs, ands or buts. 

If it wasn't for the damn Covid crap, I would just toss it open to anyone and everyone and do first-come, first-served on the space available, and let everyone else spill out to other areas. But because we have to keep it a Covid-free festival, I had to do it the way we're doing it now. I have to say that everyone so far has been very positive about the must-have-gotten-vaccine-to-attend deal. Everyone thinks it's a good idea. To me, it's just a pain in the butt. A good idea, yes. But still a pain. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
On 2/17/2021 at 7:10 PM, RobertMBlevins said:

I have a message in to the son of the original owner of the Heisson Store. We will see if he responds. 

Found out today that NickyB already talked to this guy, and some of his family. None of them, he says, were aware of the break-in until he told them about the FBI file. And the father, the owner of the store at the time of the hijacking, passed away a while back. So I will assume this is a dead end. 

The FBI...in their infinite wisdom...never bothered to do a follow up and see what BRAND of cigarettes were stolen. If they were Raleighs...that is almost beyond coincidence and would certainly point to Cooper as the most likely burglar that night. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Sounds weird, but Greg wants to order a full-sheet cake for the Festival. Green buttercreme frosting, white border, with the following in yellow on the top of the cake:  D.B. Cooper 50th Anniversary Festival and on the second line, 1971-2021. Cost, $51.00. I told him...why not... ^_^ I told him we will have them add a little guy on top with a briefcase and coming down on a parachute. I told him we might have to order two cakes. They only serve 50-60 people each. Meh. We can cut the pieces pretty small and two cakes would do it. It's more of a symbolic snack, not a real deal meal. I can already see that transporting these cakes, and keeping them firm and cold and undamaged will be the tricky part. I think some cold packs and two solid boxes will do it, though. I don't know. We will see. We wouldn't order them until the last minute anyway. 

Personally, I've decided to buy that NB6 parachute rig at eBay, if it is still available. This is a must have display, I think. It's fun spending money that isn't my own. :handok: I think I would want that for myself even if we had to cancel the Festival. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Haven't bought the chute at eBay yet, but if it's still available in late March, then okay. 

I have decided to release the Troy Bentz testimony in its entirety, and all files from Adventure Books of Seattle regarding FBI agent John Jarvis, who works in Behavioral Profiling at Quantico, and is a senior agent at the Bureau. Here is a picture of him below:

johnjarvisFBI.jpg.fef5cb2b3b9c79242353f9c84d3e0afe.jpg

This evidence consists of several emails and two phone calls from Bentz claiming that Agent Jarvis indicated to he, and two other friends with him that the REAL reason the FBI closed the case on Cooper was because they decided that Kenny Christiansen was Cooper, and that Christiansen was dead.

Bentz also gives the names and occupations of the other two witnesses who were with him that day in August 2016, two months after the FBI 'closed' the case on Cooper. We have done background checks on these witnesses and they are solid, in my opinion. Bentz has taken a fair amount of heat from his family and friends about his testimony, but he still sticks to it. One reason is he gave us everything but the kitchen sink to assist us in proving his allegation. Three things we know for sure. There was a baseball game and four men attended, one of them Agent Jarvis. That Jarvis told the three people with him after the game what is alleged above. That we know who all these people are, as well as their backgrounds. We concluded that Bentz is not lying. Either Agent Jarvis, a high-profile agent working at Quantico knows something no one else has admitted, or he was lying to impress his friends. The latter is doubtful, since everyone that day had security clearances from the Federal government. Bentz' own wife called him a whistleblower. He's an engineer for the U.S. Navy. 

He stuck to his story, which says a lot. 

An email from the Seattle F.B.I. to our office admits that Agent Jarvis may have said those things, but perhaps he was just giving his opinion. They did not deny the allegation, however. 

The full measure of this evidence will be released at the Cooper Festival in June on a video, and with displays and a slideshow. It's going to be difficult for the Seattle FBI to explain all this away, as they did the Amboy Parachute. Good luck with that. Media inquiries are coming in already. 

We only LOOK stupid around here. B) See you in June. 

"We HAVE them....move TOWARD them..."
Mark Lenard from the Star Trek episode, Balance of Terror

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Robert, I say this with all due respect as constructive criticism. But it shows a flaw in your thinking.

You have this...

9 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

An email from the Seattle F.B.I. to our office admits that Agent Jarvis may have said those things, but perhaps he was just giving his opinion.

Yet you still assert this...

9 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Either Agent Jarvis, a high-profile agent working at Quantico knows something no one else has admitted, or he was lying to impress his friends.

--------

10 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

It's going to be difficult for the Seattle FBI to explain all this away

That's exactly what they did.

(edited)

Well, they tried to explain things. The Seattle FBI has also said it was their decision to finally close the Cooper case. The truth is the decision came from higher up in the organization. I have wondered occasionally if the release of the 50+ page report to the FBI on Christiansen in June 2015, (with a subsequent public download still available today at AB) may have had something to do with the decision to close. We know the FBI studied it. Yes, we know that much. How much they took seriously, or investigated on their own, I have no way to know. 

The bottom line is that someone is lying. Either it was Agent John Jarvis, or Bentz and his two friends cooked up a story. But the more we checked out all four men, the more we came to realize that Bentz was almost certainly telling the truth. 

On the other side of the coin, we have a 15-year veteran of the FBI (at that time) who had worked on several high-profile cases, and (at that time) was working in Behavioral Profiling at the HQ in Quantico. So it seems unlikely that HE would lie. 

So if both Agent Jarvis and Bentz and his friends are all telling the truth, then where does this leave the whole question? Logically, it would mean Jarvis let something slip to three men (all with security clearances, all three civilian employees with the US government) because he figured it wouldn't go any further then some talk after a Washington Nationals baseball game. After all, if you can't trust your buddies who work for the government and have these clearances, who CAN you trust? 

But it DID go further. Bentz contacted us shortly afterward. 

Bentz' emails, transcripts of his two phone calls, and the names and backgrounds of his friends will be released at the June festival. I will be speaking about all this over that weekend and presenting a video. 

That's all I can really tell you right now. It will be up to the media and those in attendance to decide for themselves what is the truth and what is not. 

EDIT: I will pose a different set of questions to you. Have you ever wondered WHY people like Bruce Smith allow anonymous posters to make filthy comments about us? Or why Shutter and company try blocking us out, or even go to the trouble to create special webpages trying to discredit us? And why they do these things while making sure those things cannot be answered by me on-site, (except for Quora Cooper, our WordPress, and Dropzone?)

Well, I couldn't tell you that. I can only tell you that when you invest so much time and trouble into a single goal, there is a risk you could end up looking like complete fools...if the answer to the question you seek was right in front of you all along, and for so many years. It would be the mother of all humiliations. So they operate from a stance of desperation, especially as they invest more into that effort. But that kind of approach only works for a while and then it has diminishing returns, sort of like beating your kids I like to say. 

The festival scheduled for June is costing us thousands of dollars, and it will be the swan song on Cooper for Adventure Books of Seattle. So we've decided to turn everything loose we have for it, and then move on. So far, except for a couple of Shutter's members who have indicated an interest in participating, it has been mostly ignored by Cooperland. This does not hurt us. I'm sure we will have no trouble filling all the available slots up to a maximum of 250 people, which is about twice the number who ever went to the Ariel celebrations. (I know this because I used to count heads when I attended the ones I did.) 

Media will be covering this event, some in person I think, the others with articles. The producer in New York is considering whether or not he can send a film crew. In the end, I think AB will come out on top, and the remainder of Cooperland will get exactly what they deserve. To voluntarily bypass themselves from the biggest DB Cooper event in Northwest history. 

No one here feels sorry for them. It isn't like they haven't been offered one opportunity after another. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

14 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Well, they tried to explain things...

That whole post just shows and solidifies the flaw in your thinking.

15 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

The bottom line is that someone is lying.

That's not necessarily true. No one has to be lying. Jarvis could be stating an honestly held opinion. Bentz could be accurately relaying it to you. But Jarvis could be wrong, and it might not be the actual reason the FBI closed the case. If it was, why wouldn't they say so? And if there is a reason why they wouldn't say so, it doesn't necessarily prove Jarvis' opinion. It just can not be known.

The next step, I would think, would be to ask Jarvis why he said that. But I'm guessing you tried, and he wouldn't respond?

(edited)
6 minutes ago, dudeman17 said:

That whole post just shows and solidifies the flaw in your thinking.

That's not necessarily true. No one has to be lying. Jarvis could be stating an honestly held opinion. Bentz could be accurately relaying it to you. But Jarvis could be wrong, and it might not be the actual reason the FBI closed the case. If it was, why wouldn't they say so? And if there is a reason why they wouldn't say so, it doesn't necessarily prove Jarvis' opinion. It just can not be known.

The next step, I would think, would be to ask Jarvis why he said that. But I'm guessing you tried, and he wouldn't respond?

This is not the place for these discussions. I already said the basics, but the details will come out sometime between June 11-13, 2021. Read the edit above I did in my last post. 

I will say this much. Jarvis wasn't giving his opinion. It was Jarvis who indicated the case had been recently closed. It was Jarvis who indicated, when asked if it was closed because the hijacker was Kenny Christiansen...who affirmed. Bingo. On the record. Now the record must be addressed. 

And it will be. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

5 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

This is not the place for these discussions.

This is EXACTLY the place for these discussions (of Cooper evidence). This is exactly what this forum is here for. It's all that other crap that is out of place.

Look, clearly you and all the others have a history, and clearly you've pissed them all off. But, for the most part, I've considered that none of my business and have usually tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. But you get a narrative stuck in your mind, and you won't let anything, no amount of other evidence, no logic, no other opinions, sway your narrative. And that can be frustrating.

I wish you nothing but luck on the festival. Campout festivals can be fun, I used to go to a lot of them myself (live music related), and if I lived in the area, I'd probably go to it.

(edited)

Case in point...

30 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I will say this much. Jarvis wasn't giving his opinion.

Supposition on your part. Not factual.

30 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Bingo. On the record.

NOT on the record. OFF record comment made in confidence. Confidence that was betrayed.

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

After all, if you can't trust your buddies who work for the government and have these clearances, who CAN you trust? 

Apparently, his trust was misplaced.

NONE of which proves your point.

Edited by dudeman17