18 18
quade

DB Cooper

6 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Why would you need help? you have to keep the mystery in it. I thought we agreed not to help each other even though it's been a policy for me for years. 

I don't need help because this is a very personal issue, and we have to confirm certain allegations. We have to first make sure our chain isn't being jerked. After that, we will take care of the rest. As the Wicked Witch of the West once said:

'These things must be handled delicately...'

Yes, they should. 

7 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

To 'Anonymous in Vancouver':  If you are reading this now, we should talk privately. Your confidentiality will be fully protected, but if what you say is true...people need to know. It's the only way it will ever stop. You are not a 'whistleblower'. You just have a conscience, and there is nothing wrong with that. 

To 'Anonymous in Vancouver',

Perhaps you should contact Troy Bentz and ask him how well his confidentiality was "fully protected" when he gave Blevins some information. 

5 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

To 'Anonymous in Vancouver',

Perhaps you should contact Troy Bentz and ask him how well his confidentiality was "fully protected" when he gave Blevins some information. 

I covered the story on Troy Bentz's testimony HERE at WordPress, in a two-part article.

(For those of you who don't know Troy, he is a civilian engineer with the US Navy in the Washington, DC area. He came forward with testimony that senior FBI agent John Jarvis, who works Behavioral Profiling out of the Quantico facility, indicated to he and two friends that the real reason the FBI closed the case was because the FBI knew the identity of Cooper, and that he was dead anyway. This allegedly happened about a month after the closure announcement.) 

Bentz and I agreed that I would keep his name out of it for at least a year while we did an investigation into his testimony. I actually waited for about eighteen months before revealing his identity. He agreed to this arrangement at the start, although his wife got a little miffed at him for coming forward. But there was never any agreement for complete anonymity forever. Otherwise, I would have kept his name secret right up until today. 

Parrothead Vol also forgets that we signed a confidentiality agreement with a couple of film studios in Los Angeles regarding details on the upcoming DB Cooper movie, scheduled for shooting and release in 2021. That agreement has been in place since January 2017, and although some people have tried moving heaven, Earth, and Google to figure out who is doing the picture, they have not been able to find out. 

Now as far as the allegations brought forward by Anonymous in Vancouver, I'm not even sure I want to try and vet this thing. AV has dropped some pretty heavy stuff on us here, and this might be beyond the scope of a Cooper-related investigation. AV says she told me these things because she thought I was still involved in the upcoming event being hosted by EU...and she thought 'I should know these things'. (Because she thought I would be working with EU on the November event.) 

Well...I told her I was no longer involved in all that. The disturbing part is that AV has sent some pretty detailed allegations...not only very well presented and offering other witnesses...but obviously heartfelt. She has concerns and I can see why. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was a complete shock to me and everyone here at AB. The best approach might be to just let the whole thing be and sooner or later these things will probably come out on their own. I don't like being put in the middle of all this, although I understand why AV came to me about it. 

I'm considering the idea of telling AV, "Well, okay. Thanks for the information. But there is nothing I can do with it."

It's not really Cooper-related anyway, such as the Bentz testimony was. For the moment, I have decided to put a freeze on any further investigation of these allegations. If they are true, sooner or later they will come out elsewhere anyway...and I don't think I want to be responsible for doing that. I came to the idea this morning that this situation is beyond the scope of what AB of Seattle should be involved in regarding a Cooper-related investigation. This is because although it is SOMEWHAT related to Cooperland in general, it really isn't, and is too hot a potato for us to handle. I told Greg the Techie Guy this morning to put a freeze on any further investigation and just leave it be. It's not that I don't believe AV...I do. It's that these allegations are beyond our pay grade and we think if they are true they will come out elsewhere sooner or later with no help from us. 

If AV is reading this now, we understand your concerns. But if you want these things to stop, you will have to discuss them with the people involved...and make your own decisions on whether or not to come forward, or how to proceed. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins
Spelling and formatting edits

How very interesting: To read through the salacious suggestions concerning a member of the “Cooper Community.” I know precisely who is behind this—her MO hasn’t changed a bit.

My college-age daughter and I have nothing to do with “Anonymous in Vancouver” and have had nothing to do with her for the better part of several years. There is a reason for this. I will simply leave it at that.

With that in mind, I am going to caution you to be extremely careful with respect to anything involving my immediate family.

I have tolerated your vitriol regarding everything from CooperCon to my YouTube videos to my theories regarding the Western Flight Path. That said, I will not tolerate anything that drags my daughter, or the sick and distorted libel that her mother has spit out for many years, into this forum or any other forum.

This is the one and only time I will address this subject. Do not try my patience. My family is off limits.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, EJU said:

How very interesting: To read through the salacious suggestions concerning a member of the “Cooper Community.” I know precisely who is behind this—her MO hasn’t changed a bit.

My college-age daughter and I have nothing to do with “Anonymous in Vancouver” and have had nothing to do with her for the better part of several years. There is a reason for this. I will simply leave it at that.

With that in mind, I am going to caution you to be extremely careful with respect to anything involving my immediate family.

I have tolerated your vitriol regarding everything from CooperCon to my YouTube videos to my theories regarding the Western Flight Path. That said, I will not tolerate anything that drags my daughter, or the sick and distorted libel that her mother has spit out for many years, into this forum or any other forum.

This is the one and only time I will address this subject. Do not try my patience. My family is off limits.

Excuse me for living...but HOW EXACTLY do YOU know who was 'behind this'. I never mentioned her name, or identified anyone. I didn't even state the nature of the allegations, or that your family was somehow involved. 

In fact, I don't know who 'Anonymous in Vancouver' is and she did not say she was related to you. In fact, she indicated she was not related to you. I know nothing about your family, or even that you had a daughter. 

Since you opened the door to all of this, if you would like to hear what is being alleged you can contact me privately by email. You do have a right to know, but no one else, especially since these allegations were made anonymously. AV's allegations have nothing to do with any of your family members, at least according to her. It has to do with certain things that *allegedly* took place during and after the last convention. Ongoing. Like I said in the previous post, this particular potato is too hot to handle, especially publicly. 

As far as 'vitriol' on the videos, it was not ME who lied to everyone and said you were happy to accept the hosting job for the Portland event. The video where I poke a little fun at your Cooper Bites was harmless. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

46 minutes ago, EJU said:

None of it should of been made public to begin with. if someone comes to you in confidence it should remain just that. I suggest we get it over with and blame me...something I once again had nothing to do with but, well, you know :) 

No. This is not your fault. What's going on here is that AV contacted us a few times with allegations that were pretty serious. So serious in fact, that I decided I did not want to be involved in all of it, although I considered checking out her story, at least initially. This is why I told 'Anonymous in Vancouver' it was a hot potato and beyond what AB of Seattle considers any kind of legitimate Cooper investigation. In other words, it has nothing to do with Cooper except in a general way. 

None of her allegations have anything to do with EU's family. If EU wants to know what was alleged, (and the people involved in these allegations) he knows where to reach me...otherwise I have nothing further to say on the subject. I have told 'AV' that if her allegations are true, she has to be the one to address this issue, not AB of Seattle. 

We appreciate AV's concerns (if they are true), but neither are we the National Enquirer.

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Doesn't matter. I know Eric. he's on the forum. it's Monday...I have to be at fault. no, wait, I ruined it...now, no other anonymous people can do this...thanks Shutter.  that's a full page Wordpress right there....possibly a video. 

You can't answers questions about people here so it should be pretty easy to pin on me..

Edited by mrshutter45

8 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Doesn't matter. I know Eric. he's on the forum. it's Monday...I have to be at fault. no, wait, I ruined it...now, no other anonymous people can do this...thanks Shutter.  that's a full page Wordpress right there....possibly a video. 

You can't answers questions about people here so it should be pretty easy to pin on me..

I can answer questions just fine, thank you. I also cannot stop people from using the Contact Form at the AB website. What do you want from me? We're NOT going to investigate these allegations, although yes...I considered doing so at first. Too hot to handle. If EU contacts me, I will brief him on what we received. Seems fair enough that he should know, but making these things public without any proof other than some messages is a big no-no and we won't do that. 

EU will probably contact me anyway and I will let him see what was alleged. Truth is, it is his business and no one else's. He has a right to know. But he has to ask to see this material himself. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

1 minute ago, mrshutter45 said:

Speaking of myself not being able to answer questions asked....it's a new law typically used in China. if someone asks you about someone apparently you can't answer truthfully. you must dodge around the question misleading so it doesn't offend the offender :) 

Is there an actual question in there somewhere? I don't keep track of laws in China. I sort of object to some of them. 

If EU wants to see the full material on what is being alleged, he will have to contact me privately and ASK. Then I will provide him with that. He has a right to know, but if I just send it to him uninvited, then this could be seen as harassment. If he ASKS to see it...then it is not harassment, but a request on his part. I believe in fair play as much as the next guy, and he has a right to see it. Whether he is willing to request to see it is up to him. 

Robert, as I mentioned a post ago. none of this should be on here or made public until all the facts are in. it's the reason they don't go public to begin with. sounds like a game being played. if you look in the mirror a target will probably be on your forehead...if it's truly serious we have a thing called police. they should look into that as an option. 

8 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Robert, as I mentioned a post ago. none of this should be on here or made public until all the facts are in. it's the reason they don't go public to begin with. sounds like a game being played. if you look in the mirror a target will probably be on your forehead...if it's truly serious we have a thing called police. they should look into that as an option. 

I have no suggestions. I don't think its a game, though. I cannot tell you why. EU should just send the request to see this material and then he will know what this is all about. It's not about his family or daughter, I can safely say that much. If it were, I would have ignored the messages. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

I did nothing wrong. that's what the post surrounds with China in it..you can't put anything on someone when they were asked a question about someone. it's completely wrong to believe that person is at fault. if I lied then yes. I gave facts and can go further with documents if requested. they are not opinions either. it's no different than a job reference. they want to see your past performance. If I emailed him for no reason then I'm guilty there. that's not what happened either. I doubt I tilted anything. Eric spoke out in the next email. I don't react to things the way you do. if I'm asked something. I'm going to tell you. when I don't want to work with someone I'm also obligated to explain why. that's how things are done and been that way for hundreds of years? you rub people the wrong way. changing a personality is not easy. a person is set in there ways. I can't change you anymore than you can change me. I'm just not going to deal with someone who spends a lot of time putting people down. the last time you were a topic on my forum was last years conference. it's endless crap nobody needs to read. I'm surprised it went this far without someone cutting in. Derek doesn't count. he's right though. 

The people 'I rub the wrong way' are a very few folks in Cooperland who don't like it when I lay out the truth for them. I was never one to dance around and try to ingratiate myself to others. 

The people I know in my daily life are a different story. Fortunately, my friends in real life far outnumber the few in Cooperland who don't like me. And whether people in Cooperland want to 'work with me' or not makes no difference to me. 

EDIT: Last couple of hours I was out working on my truck. Came back and checked email. Surprisingly...although EU put up some pretty heavy protests... he hasn't yet asked to see the material. He was wrong about it having to do with family members, though. I cannot just send it to him. It would look like harassment. Either he asks, or it stays with me. Frankly, I don't care either way. The next time someone thinks about sending me stuff like that, they shouldn't. They should deal with the problem on their own, because it is their problem. I feel sorry for AV, but there's nothing I can do with her stuff. Either way I am not the National Enquirer.

Moving on....

The Cooper Campout for October 4-6 is set. (Friday through Sunday morning) There are still a few slots open but not many. This will be the last group campout of the year. Nothing really new for this one except I have a better media projector now. I had this one from Amazon...worked okay but a bit of a cheapie. Then last month I did a move-out clean on a house in Tacoma and the couple just gave us a nice projector that does 1080p up to ten feet wide. Remote control and all. They also left three TV's in the garage when they moved, but they were full of sheetrock dust so I said no to them. The only down side is that is uses a lot more electricity than our other projector, but the generator can handle that. 

I tested the new projector using the DVD for Derek's favorite movie, The Ten Commandments. That's because it's big time widescreen movie, etc. Projected it in crisp, clear color..Super Panavision whatever...on a wall ten feet wide LOL...no problem. No worries. I have a ten foot screen to go with it. 

My thanks to the people who gave us this projector. The other one goes to the garage sale soon. B| I looked this projector up at Amazon and it costs five bills. That's about middle of the road. You can pay up to 40K for a pro projector. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

I have a Sim2 that only pulls 2.34 amps and it's a very high end projector $15,000

then I have a Epson 1080 that pulls about 1.93 amps. 

Both projectors go to 300 inch 

Projectors use about the same power consumption as a desktop computer...

10 foot max doesn't sound right. mine is currently at 120" in the living room with plenty more throw on the size. 

Edited by mrshutter45

51 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

I have a Sim2 that only pulls 2.34 amps and it's a very high end projector $15,000

then I have a Epson 1080 that pulls about 1.93 amps. 

Both projectors go to 300 inch 

Projectors use about the same power consumption as a desktop computer...

10 foot max doesn't sound right. mine is currently at 120" in the living room with plenty more throw on the size. 

I don't know much about projectors you can tell...says 3600 lumens, draws more wattage than the other one. Maybe I should keep both of them. The cheapie cost me less than a hundred bucks at Amazon. I couldn't take it any bigger on the picture testing it. Wall was only so long. 

EDIT:  Okay, fine...I went and looked. It's this one, and it's only 3,000 lumens I think: Optoma HD243X 1080p 

Oops...wrong again. The 243 is the 2019 model with 3300 lumens. Mine is the 143, the 2018 model with the 3000 lumen bulb. Just so you'll know, the first time I got a projector was last year. You were right about size. Says it goes up to 300 inches or so. 

I don't know. It was free and it works. Better than the white cheapie I bought last year. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

A high end projector will throw much more than 120 inches. most are very power efficient. most have a eco mode that saves more power and gives more time on the bulb. the bulb for the Sim2 is $600. my living room has a 120" electric screen with 2.0 gain. sound system is a Denon 7.1 with a 300 watt sub. most bulbs last anywhere from 2000 -10,000 hours pending on the projector. the bulb for the Epson is around 90-130 if you shop for them. I also have a blowup screen that's put outside for Superbowls and other parties..I started getting into projectors before the larger flat screens came out. the projectors really are not the best buy if you intend to get a return. they depreciate quickly as newer models come out. most will know how old it is and how much use it's had. still nothing wrong with them. especially with 4k. they have amazing pictures, cinematic. if it's used daily you have to clean the filter often and the lens. they will raise the room temp 2 or 3 degree's. the bulbs run very hot and cools off for a minute prior to shutting down except the Epson which doesn't require cooling off...

Edited by mrshutter45

Optima is a good projector...bulb life of 12,000 which is probably not using eco....bulb costs about the same as my Epson. do not get a cheap bulb. they are horrible. always buy OEM...buy the bulb only. the housing doesn't need to be replaced and very simple to get the bulb out and save 40 -50 bucks...don't get the idea to blow it out with air either thinking you are cleaning it....

I have an Optima, but can't recall the model number. I had an older model and upgraded to a newer model after I redid my movie room a few years ago. I had a problem with the projector when it was a few weeks out of warranty and Optima honored the warranty and replaced the unit. I've had no issues since. I use a 120" screen with my projector. Below are pics of the movie room after the remodel. Notice the disco ball and strobe lights that I put in for the kids.

Neither of the projectors that I have used in this room had a real high lumen rating. There is absolutely no ambient light in the room, so that wasn't real important to me.

MR1.jpg

MR2.jpg

Edited by ParrotheadVol