18 18
quade

DB Cooper

2 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Exactly, hopefully you won't get a big head (fingers crossed) and stop posting the outcome before it actually happens saying millions will show. it doesn't matter the numbers. it's actually trying to make things happen. if not a lot shows, YOU know you tried. if you are going to have the Decoded team there it should work. we will be expecting a large crowd though with all the smack you stated over the years. 

I need to get a few things straight here. you had nothing to do with last years conference but spoke negative about it. that's okay, but If I say nobody will show at your event, I'm a bad guy? you claim everything said on my forum is negative lol everything you post here about me or Eric and others is positive? you fill this forum up with negative comments? I'll post exactly what will be pinned at my forum here. no worries...just keeping you honest, that's all....

The name of thread will be something like this "Will Robert Blevins actually hold a conference in 2020" super negative, right? 

You want to keep me honest. Okay, I don't have a problem with that.

"Will Robert Blevins actually hold a conference in 2020"

This is inaccurate. This is NOT a conference on the case, or any kind of convention. It is a Cooper event for the public. There are actually FOUR people involved now. And I have assigned Greg the Techie Guy to certain important financial duties related to this event. A more accurate name would be 'Will AB of Seattle"...etc. Hell, no...I would never try this alone.

We're bringing a full planning committee into the mix, some of them will be from the group that worked with me at the theater previously, plus some others I have asked to serve on the committee from when we were involved with a certain bookstore in Auburn. I was the secretary for that group, which is now disbanded. But I contacted them and asked if they would be willing to come on board. I should get some answers soon. 

I think we may go for a charity-oriented event. The Auburn Food Bank (I know the director) has been suggested. Gayla wants to bring in the animal folks at the local shelter, since she already works with them and supports them. But no matter what, this is no conference or another discussion on the case. It is a public-invited celebration of the Cooper case. I have informed the production companies in LA this evening of our plans. They should have a response tomorrow. 

I seriously doubt anyone involved in Eric's event would be interested in something like this. That isn't meant to be a knock on the event in Vancouver. What I mean is that it probably isn't their cup of tea. I will issue a general invitation to apply for a speaking slot, probably in April, but I am not expecting any of them will apply. In fact, I am preparing as if this will be the case. Plus...since it ISN'T really a convention or a conference on the case, I don't think we will interfere with any plans Eric may have for 2020. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

"It's public -invited celebration of the Cooper case" but nobody from Eric's event would be interested. why wouldn't Tom Kaye or 377 or any other Cooper fan be interested in Cooper at your event that no longer interfere's with Eric's conference? It's an event with speakers and surrounds Cooper but isn't a convention or a conference. the word "celebration" is suppose to separate the fact?  Why would you make a post about a possible conflict between the two and telling him to go a week after Thanksgiving if it wouldn't interfere with anyone considering the last statement you made? isn't it a lot easier and more honest to say Cooper in your event actually means Kenny and that's why none of the speakers from Eric's event would be interested? the pressure appears to have changed your attitude towards any conflict with other events :) does Eric have your permission now to date the event as he see's fit? 

7 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

This is NOT a conference on the case, or any kind of convention. It is a Cooper event for the public

I hate to tell you but anyway you name an event that allows people to show up is public oriented just as any convention or conference would do. Coopercon is not a "Cooper event for the public" ?

Alexander Shunnarah

Personal injury lawyer? first of all. you don't sound mature enough to even have kids...your actions are juvenile and offensive 90% of the time. then the ridiculous spamming....you ever wonder why someone would give you that label? 

Edited by mrshutter45

Shutter: (and Parrothead to a degree) I am not going to quote you over, but just try to answer the main question regarding what is a 'Cooper-related public event,' and what that has to do with people like 377, Eric, and Tom Kaye. 

First...it isn't about Kenny Christiansen. AT ALL. In fact, other than some general displays about the Cooper case, I'm not planning to stand up there on stage and try to convince people KC was Cooper. In fact, I am not going to even speak about him. There will be no "11:15AM:  Robert Blevins Discusses Kenny Christiansen" slot going. In fact, I'm going to let someone else host this event. If the Decoded cast shows, then I will make a brief appearance with them on stage and we will run clips from their show, assembled onto a DVD, maybe five minutes long, of their more memorable scenes from ALL the shows they did, not just the KC episode. 

It is NOT a convention on the case. That's why I said it wasn't a convention. It is a celebration of Cooper, who is still a big hit here in the local area. It will be done for charity, namely the Auburn Food Bank and possibly the local animal shelter. The three main events will be the appearance of all, or at least two, of the Decoded cast. Then some short films. Then the Lookalike Contest, which we believe on its own would probably fill the house anyway. Let's face facts. It will be Decoded and the possibility of winning a portion of those Amazon gift cards (and having fun dressing up to do it) that will be the main attractions. I don't think we will run more than six hours total. Eleven to five PM has been discussed. Then everyone goes home. 

If any speaking slots are given out for the event, they will be few anyway...because frankly we don't have time to do all that. Maybe two, maybe three people tops. 

Right now I have an extensive message into our local Madam Mayor explaining the project. I should be getting an answer in a day or two with her thoughts on it. The reason I picked a Saturday is because trying to schedule something on a Sunday during football season is pretty tough around here. Everyone is doing Seahawks on Sunday.

'Frankly, my dear...I just don't give a damn...' (what Eric does in 2020.) He will be 165 miles south doing whatever he wants and neither event will affect the other. I will make a one-time announcement when plans are finalized, i.e. when theater is ready, headliners are confirmed, etc and it will be up to individuals interested in participating to contact us with their proposals for participation. I really doubt anyone like 377, Bruce Smith, etc would be interested but they are free to contact us if they want. The emcee, hosting job, whatever you wish to call it...is still OPEN. I will not be hosting. I will be busy doing other things. This job will either go to a known local from the Auburn area, or to someone in Cooperland. 

As far as the charity angle, I am leaning toward the Food Bank more than the animal shelter right now because I have done an event or two previously for them. My relationship with the Auburn Food Bank goes clear back to the early 1980s. Back then, a guy named Tom and I invented a board game and had thirty copies of it made for a charity event at a local school. Then...we created a game board that was ten feet on each side and laid it out flat on these big school gym tables. Then...we held a playoff of the game for prizes in the school gym. The admission fee was cans of food, right? (Five cans was the admission, although some folks brought way more.) It was a big hit and we packed that place, ending up raising over a TON of canned food. Over a hundred participants sat at tables four at a time playing time-shortened versions of the game. (And there were many more people who came just to watch) Each time somebody at a table WON...we added their name to a big list on the wall. This went on for two hours or so. Then the top four winners played a final game on the Big Board for prizes, using cans of unopened pop for the game tokens. It was a lot of fun. 

Took us days to make the Big Board version LOL. Tom and I..using long straight edges to create the boxes and filling in the boxes with the appropriate print, using large felt pens, color and black. We even created these gigantic dice...but for the life of me I can't remember what we made them from. Something light I guess. B| 

No...this is no convention, I assure you. Gayla will be offering up free pop, bottled water, and small snacks at the door, just like she did for the Cooper stuff we ran in previous years. The main things will be the appearance of the Decoded cast and the contest. Me? I will mostly be in the background or assisting on running the media projectors and lights when needed, although the theater staff will help do that. It comes included in the rental. 

This is about as far from a convention as it gets. 

There is one thing that could change, though. If...(big IF) the production companies in LA make an official announcement on the upcoming picture, then we will make some concession to all that and talk about it briefly. And then...and ONLY then...would I be speaking to the audience about Kenny, because people will want to hear how the movie actually came about, and the people behind it. But even then, not more than a few minutes. No one is really going to want my face up there. They will be there for the prizes and to do meet and greet with the Decoded cast. There is also the possibility that I could convince the young man from Hollywood who is on the production staff for the movie to come to the event, and he might...because he comes up for Thanksgiving each year to visit his family in Seattle. If his schedule prevents that, and an announcement on the picture HAS been made already...then I will ask him to send a five-minute video along where he talks about the movie, and we will show that. 

It's early and we haven't even had our first planning committee meeting yet, but that's the basic idea for this whole thing. No, it is not a convention by any means. The main criteria for saying that is because we won't have people up on stage talking about their pet theories on the case. In fact, we've pretty much decided unless someone has a book on the case out there, or does another form of media restricted to Cooper, we probably would turn them away for a speaking slot. And no more than three slots will be available. Most time will be dedicated to the Decoded folks and the contest. 

EDIT: The most exciting thing about this whole event, at least for me, is to see what 250 people look like dressed up like Cooper, Tina Mucklow, or one of the other Cooper characters. I have to see this. :D There ARE some jobs open to Cooperland folk, which would get you in for free anyway...we will be seeking judges for the Lookalike Contest, and as I said back there...a main emcee. Anyone interested in either of those jobs should contact me privately by email.

Edited by RobertMBlevins

11 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

I knew I was forgetting one lol. actually, it's already changed once....

This is part of the reason why people aren't posting much to your site anymore. Either negative, or people can't see anything except text posted. All links are invisible to guests, aka The Public. Frankly, it's boring. 

We've added 150 new followers in the last two weeks to the Quora Space on Cooper. When we reach 1,000...they will give us our own domain name slash Quora. We need another 50 followers or so to do that. If you build it, they will come. And they have been coming since last November.

Negativity just isn't selling well these days unless it is truly warranted. Cooperation and working together works much more efficiently...and better. At least regarding the Cooper case it does. Our view is that presenting the truth on ANY issue about the Cooper case, even if it goes against members of 'Cooper Royalty,' keeps people honest. 

Like I say to people sometimes, you might not like us, but we do give it you straight. This is a better approach than favoritism, agendas, exclusion, or just plain bullshit. B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins

2 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Robert, this whole thing always starts from YOUR negativity? that's why IT'S dead here. didn't you ever notice when you left camping or vacation a thread starts discussing Cooper? even using terms like "Cooper Royalty" is offensive and YOU made that up. 

Think about that....

LOL...it's not 'dead' at Dropzone. Are you kidding me? This thread gets a literal TON of views. 'Cooper Royalty' is my term referring to certain folks in Cooperland who are 'protected' by others in that group, no matter how ridiculous their views, posts, or opinions happen to be...and one BIG requirement for acceptance INTO that group is to be against anything (even if it is good or positive) done by AB of Seattle or myself personally. 

This is common knowledge, and your flippant posts, as well as Parrot's are plenty proof of that. Bruce Smith, Georger, a few others...same thing. I checked at your website this morning. No reference, no thread to the event next year. I knew you would not do that for two reasons. First, you don't really support anything we do in the Cooper case...and you would have to deal with the negative comments as well. 

I didn't drop off the apple cart last Tuesday...just saying. B|

My site gets an average of 55,000 page views. over 2 million views on the threads combined? how many posts did you see on my forum whining about you or others, zero.  can we count the negativity from you here, too many to count? is Cooper discussed here? perhaps if you stop being NEGATIVE about Eric you could work with him and stop posting things like this?

26 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Cooperation and working together works much more efficiently...and better.

????????????????????

5 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

My site gets an average of 55,000 page views. over 2 million views on the threads combined? how many posts did you see on my forum whining about you or others, zero.  can we count the negativity from you here, too many to count? is Cooper discussed here? perhaps if you stop being NEGATIVE about Eric you could work with him and stop posting things like this?

????????????????????

The posts on your site, which according to Blevins are dwindling, are all about Cooper. The Cooper posts there far outweigh the Cooper related posts here. It's not even close.

14 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

????????????????????

Are you kidding me? I'm not working with Eric on anything. He cannot be trusted for obvious reasons. He lied to people, saying he would host a Cooper event people planned for months...and then bailed without an explanation. Two million views to your site after five years is not bad. But if you are comparing views, I have almost that many at Quora over a three year period...all by myself. Not bragging. It's just people being nice.

rbstats.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

I'm not comparing anything Robert. simply explaining my site. I don't care about views. I research the case. I don't promote the case. that's like someone being a salesman and teasing the receptionist for not bringing in money for the company. it's not her job. the hypocrisy is overwhelming from you. Parrot just pointed that out. 

Thousand of movies in Hollywood you like to always refer to never make the screen that might of been blockbusters. Jim had an idea and it didn't work. you need to put your "pettiness" aside and work with Eric and create an event for all? you are the most negative person in all of this or we wouldn't be here. it's always coming from you. perhaps you should move to Napa Valley, home of the whiners? 

9 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Thousand of movies in Hollywood you like to always refer to never make the screen that might of been blockbusters. Jim had an idea and it didn't work. you need to put your "pettiness" aside and work with Eric and create an event for all? you are the most negative person in all of this or we wouldn't be here. it's always coming from you. perhaps you should move to Napa Valley, home of the whiners? 

Sorry...I am not working with Eric. You should be asking HIM a few questions, not me. I'm not being petty. I wrote him off because he lied to people on something fairly large, and then organized something else for fifteen bucks a pop. Never been to Napa Valley, so I have no idea how many whiners actually live there. If I ever visit, maybe I could take a poll for you. 

"Do you consider yourself a whiner, or not?" Yes/No. B|

2 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

If we are labeling once again, then I'm a counter-whiner :) 

You don't want to work with Eric is the same people feel about you. welcome to the real world. 6 am over there?

I don't have much trouble getting people to work with me. If you mean a few folk in Cooperland, I can live with that. Let's face it. Many of them are the same people who got hoodwinked by EU, and then didn't have the guts to stand up to him. Bunch of Marys, as they used to say. I don't work well with people who take it up the wazoo, and then go back asking for more without even bothering to inquire about some lubrication along the way. :) At least I was smart enough to avoid the whole thing and book plane tickets to San Diego for Thanksgiving...something many of them might end up wishing they had done themselves. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I don't have much trouble getting people to work with me. If you mean a few folk in Cooperland, I can live with that.

and yet it's been a topic for eight months? I have nothing to do with what Eric is doing. can YOU follow that? yes, he is on my forum. a forum that is public. just like this one that he is a member with. background checks are not required. if he holds a conference against what you don't like that is not my problem either nor is any of the speakers at any said event. you claim to be holding an event in 2020. this again, like with Eric has nothing to do with me.

Apparently, you can't live with it when you constantly bring up the fact of everyone working together. that's more hypocrisy. 

"Bunch of Marys, as they used to say."

That's a negative comment along with personal attack to boot...even more hypocrisy against a claim of others speaking negative....

Edited by mrshutter45

'Flings sixty yard pass for touchdown...'

Yeah, that was a good one. HS football where you live is one hell of a big deal, and frankly...bigger than it is in the Great Northwest. 

As far as all these arguments from Shutter...let me say just one thing about that. 

Are we still hosting THESE particular lies at your site Shutter? I will give examples. 

1) Geoff Gray doesn't want anything to do with me. (Brother, are you WRONG about that LOL.)

2) My co-author Skipp Porteous disliked me, regretted doing that Cooper book with me and totally wrote it off. (Actually, we were friends until the day he died and we exchanged updates right up to that time...and I am friends with his family today.)

3) Attorney Galen Cook, aka 'Coopsnoop' at your site, claimed in multiple posts that he had contacted witness Bernie Geestman and that Geestman was not only suing me, but that Cook himself was delivering Geestman to the Auburn Ave Theater for one of the Cooper events we held there, to do a confrontation. (That was actually funny, and he later withdrew from your site when he was caught in those lies.)

Nothing it seems...is ever your fault. Is it? 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

31 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

1) Geoff Gray doesn't want anything to do with me. (Brother, are you WRONG about that LOL.)

2) My co-author Skipp Porteous disliked me, regretted doing that Cooper book with me and totally wrote it off. (Actually, we were friends until the day he died and we exchanged updates right up to that time...and I am friends with his family today.)

3) Attorney Galen Cook, aka 'Coopsnoop' at your site, claimed in multiple posts that he had contacted witness Bernie Geestman and that Geestman was not only suing me, but that Cook himself was delivering Geestman to the Auburn Ave Theater for one of the Cooper events we held there, to do a confrontation. (That was actually funny, and he later withdrew from your site when he was caught in those lies.)

Nothing it seems...is ever your fault. Is it? 

Correct, why? because 1&2 has nothing to do with me. I never once said those thing written by you.

#3 was a member (briefly) in 2014! was told multiple times to stop and was put on approval only comments which caused him to ask for his removal himself. 

Once again with the personal attacks...

A personal attack put the attacker in the position of judge and jury, and the other person as an obviously guilty defendant. It can seem like a one-person kangaroo court where the attacked person has no right to argue their case.

You just keep a never ending loop of attacks.

Edited by mrshutter45

Correct, why? because 1&2 has nothing to do with me. I never once said those thing written by you.

#3 was a member (briefly) in 2014! was told multiple times to stop and was put on approval only comments which caused him to ask for his removal himself. 

Once again with the personal attacks...

Those aren't personal attacks...they are FACTS. Anything posted to that site has everything to do with you. You founded it, you moderate it, you post there. I have previously called you out on those lies, and you didn't bother to take them down. So...that makes it YOUR responsibility. You're the admin, aren't you?

As far as Cook, a sworn officer of the court here in Washington state, as well as Alaska...he quit your site after he got caught, because he got worried his baloney would come back to haunt him. 

All the other lies people have posted about myself and occasionally Adventure Books of Seattle, still exist there and ARE your responsibility. 

If not you, then who? 

5 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

As far as Cook, a sworn officer of the court here in Washington state, as well as Alaska...he quit your site after he got caught, because he got worried his baloney would come back to haunt him. 

WRONG. I sent several PM's to him and he kept on posting, rapid, one after the other until I put him on approval only. stop telling me what YOU think happened. 

The BS with Gray. take that up with Georger...

Edited by mrshutter45

Of course you would do that...you've hated the idea of this thread being re-opened since the day it happened. And so do many of your members, who have posted the same thing to YOUR site. My opinion is that you don't like competition. 

First, Dropzone reopens their most popular, and most heavily viewed discussion thread in their history. 

Then...the DB Cooper Space at Quora dot com picks up a thousand followers getting the feed in less than a year. 

Finally...DB Cooper WordPress increases in views each year, even with a measly 14 followers. Averages about 4,000 a month. 

This tells me two things. You don't like being called out on the truth...and you fear competition. No one is going negative on you, or engaging in personal attacks here. I simply said that you shouldn't sponsor lies told about others on a website you founded, and continue to moderate to the present day. I think that's a fair suggestion. 

You keep saying that people should discuss Cooper here more, and other things less. I actually AGREE with that idea. Try leading by example. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins