18 18
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)

A good example of baloney in Cooperland:  Bruce Smith recently claiming I threatened him physically at the 2016 Ariel Store Party. In reality, he was banned from the property. I heard he was down the road sitting on a guardrail, but I never actually saw him. He was too far away, and even I can't throw a punch the length of a football field. 

The true story below in a simple picture. B| Click on the picture to see the full size version. You can read the full article on all of this at Quora. 

BruceArielMap.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

On 7/12/2019 at 1:45 PM, RobertMBlevins said:

I don't know much about Jo Weber, or even where she lived exactly in Florida...but I did see THIS today:

Only obit with her name I could locate in Florida on short notice. She never contacted me except by email. Several people know quite a bit about her, though. And some of them have spoken to her extensively on the telephone. They would probably know if this is her. 

If so, this is too bad. I had no animosity toward the lady.

You know GB, if you are going to keep the identities of witnesses a secret, that's up to you. But in my opinion it is better to just lay out the cards on the table and start naming names. The reason is because you WANT people to try contacting these people to verify things. This is why I named FBI agent John Jarvis, US Navy engineer (civil service) Troy Bentz, Margie and Bernie Geestman, Dawn Androsko, etc. I lay the cards face up and just tell people to check for themselves. 

Of course, two of those six people are no longer with us, but their legacy lives on in their testimonies, the report to the Seattle FBI, the videos, the WordPress articles. They ARE and WERE real people. 

I still get emails from her @aol.com address.

(edited)

Robert, why do you keep the negativity rolling? 

Since you once again brought up things that don't belong I guess you have forgotten about an email sent to Bruce saying he "would be physically removed from the property, forcibly if necessary" if he showed up? sounds like a threat to me, no? how do you say it, there is always two sides to a story...I have an email from the owner apologizing for the whole thing? 

How does one speak for the public? have you taken nationwide polls. you know who views all these sites? If I get a couple emails a week saying Kenny wasn't Cooper can I say the public isn't listening anymore? 

They are saying things that shouldn't be said but coming here and whining about it doesn't help either. you were banned from that site for a reason. that also means any attempts with fake accounts you openly admit to will be scrubbed just as the one's Derek does from here. it has nothing to do with censorship as you often make it appear.. what does this have to do with the Cooper case? 

Meyer is banned on this site, my site and TMN. that's very bad in your book, no? 

This is exactly what got the thread shutdown the last time. .

Edited by mrshutter45

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:45 PM, RobertMBlevins said:

I don't know much about Jo Weber, or even where she lived exactly in Florida...but I did see THIS today:

Only obit with her name I could locate in Florida on short notice. She never contacted me except by email. Several people know quite a bit about her, though. And some of them have spoken to her extensively on the telephone. They would probably know if this is her. 

If so, this is too bad. I had no animosity toward the lady.

You know GB, if you are going to keep the identities of witnesses a secret, that's up to you. But in my opinion it is better to just lay out the cards on the table and start naming names. The reason is because you WANT people to try contacting these people to verify things. This is why I named FBI agent John Jarvis, US Navy engineer (civil service) Troy Bentz, Margie and Bernie Geestman, Dawn Androsko, etc. I lay the cards face up and just tell people to check for themselves. 

Of course, two of those six people are no longer with us, but their legacy lives on in their testimonies, the report to the Seattle FBI, the videos, the WordPress articles. They ARE and WERE real people. 

I spoke with Jo on 6/28.

3 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

Robert, why do you keep the negativity rolling? 

Since you once again brought up things that don't belong I guess you have forgotten about an email sent to Bruce saying he "would be physically removed from the property, forcibly if necessary" if he showed up? sounds like a threat to me, no? how do you say it, there is always two sides to a story...I have an email from the owner apologizing for the whole thing? 

How does one speak for the public? have you taken nationwide polls. you know who views all these sites? If I get a couple emails a week saying Kenny wasn't Cooper can I say the public isn't listening anymore? 

They are saying things that shouldn't be said but coming here and whining about it doesn't help either. you were banned from that site for a reason. that also means any attempts with fake accounts you openly admit to will be scrubbed just as the one's Derek does from here. it has nothing to do with censorship as you often make it appear.. what does this have to do with the Cooper case? 

Meyer is banned on this site, my site and TMN. that's very bad in your book, no? 

This is exactly what got the thread shutdown the last time. .

I had nothing to do with anything between Bryan Woodruff and Bruce. The article at Quora lays out the story very well. The reason the article appeared is because Bruce's baloney on the whole thing is very recent, not a long time ago. He believes he can post any lie up he wishes, and then conveniently make sure I can't respond to him personally. And that no one will say anything about it. 

I merely revealed Bruce for what he is. I mentioned to him yesterday that I always considered him a bit on the arrogant side, which is okay...but until now I never considered him a liar. I think the matter is closed, but the article will remain as my response to his lies. I'm a big believer in letting people decide the merits of things for themselves. 

Never assume people are dumb. 

(edited)

The email was from YOU......not Bryan. that was after the fact with Bryan. you threatened him. 

"1. Ariel BBQ: August 26, 2016

RMB sent me an email saying that I would be physically removed from the premises, forcibly if necessary, if I showed up at the BBQ."

It's probably noted on earlier threads on his site. I seem to recall that statement. I don't know if he still has the email in question. 

Case closed? yes it should of been back in 2016. Bruce made the comments on his site. you are not on a site you own and I believe he was replying to someone. it didn't just pop up here as you commonly use this site as a proxy to other sites. his email to me was rather large full of all you have done. he feels you are dangerous and probably has due cause based on his comments. 

You will find out discussing the case is much easier than discussing the people involved. you go all the way back to 2011, even before I was involved. spamming the same things over and over. it's never ending...again, this is why threads get shutdown and you continue to ignore the signs..

Edited by mrshutter45

(edited)

Shutter says in part:

'The email was from YOU......not Bryan. that was after the fact with Bryan. you threatened him...'

Nobody threatened the guy. He was told by Bryan not to show up to Ariel. Instead, he lies to Meyer Louie and hitches a ride to the party (over a hundred miles) and says he isn't banned. Then Meyer is made to look like a fool and ends up missing the party because he can't leave Bruce sitting on a guardrail a hundred yards down the road. Later, Bruce forgets to tell people he's leaving for New York for weeks...and then when Meyer and I show up at his place after a forty-mile drive to make sure the poor guy is alive...he makes it look as if we were dangerous. Let me assure you I had better things to do on a work night than drive forty miles into the frickin' middle of nowhere to check on him. Even the cops had done that the day before...so it wasn't like people weren't worried. After that, Meyer wanted nothing to do with Bruce or anyone else regarding the Cooper case. He had just about enough. 

Some of you have convenient memories, while others just make stuff up...while you feel you have to speak for Bruce. Where is Bruce in all of this? Why does he need you to speak for him? 

As far as store owner Bryan Woodruff, he isn't much better than many of YOU. It was WE who arranged for Travel Channel to show up. It was WE who donated half the items for Bryan's auction. It was WE who got him into a couple of newspapers. It was WE who helped raise most of the money for store repairs, almost $3,000, and provided 90% of the food for almost 200 people. All of you are ungrateful jerks in my book. I saw comments on your website posted by Georger and others bad-mouthing the whole event, saying they didn't support it simply because AB of Seattle was involved. Yeah...that's REAL smart. Now look what is happening now. The Ariel Store is closed, probably for good, and there will be no more Cooper parties. And then it got WORSE when you came after us when we tried to help organize this year's event in Portland, which was supposed to be separate from Eric's convention. 

Cooperland is a seriously fractured place. No one works together for the common good because of book sales jealousy, or jealousy over a movie option, or efforts to be 'top dog' in Cooperland. As a result, at least for the group you support, nothing much is accomplished. This year's Cooper Con will probably be the same as last year, except some of the people who showed last year probably won't bother THIS year, especially if they have to buy plane tickets to attend. 

In fact, when Bryan Ward at the V23 Brewery and MIssissippi Studios asked us to come up with a plan for a Cooper event this November, it was becoming so successful so quickly that we were considering renting Revolution Hall, a 1,600-seat venue because we figured the headliners would attract at least that many people. Call me stupid, but when I arranged for a fairly major Hollywood star, a kid (a kid to ME lol, he's 23) with millions of fans...and the cast of Decoded were going to show up...that we would fill that venue easily. Just happens the kid had signed on as a co-producer on the very first dramatic film ever to be done about the hijacking. We figured not only Cooper fans, but his fans, would show in droves. In fact, had we rented the venue, the plan was to sell tickets and split the proceeds with the usual speakers from Cooperland, such as Bruce, 377, and the others from last year. The Decoded cast and the kid from Hollywood were willing to appear for nothing. 

Then...people you currently support went behind our backs and trashed us SO badly with Brunberg, Ward, and the guy who owns Northwest Escape, that Jim Brunberg got tired of it. He suggested Ulis as the organizer (since I lived too far away) and asked people to work together. Ulis, however...had other ideas and they didn't include sharing the stage with known stars or anyone else much for that matter.

Now there is no plan at all and nothing from either Brunberg or Ulis on what will be done this November. So far, anyway. My emails to Ulis went unanswered and people started to bail. Brunberg had the right idea when he told Ulis that he wanted everyone to work together, to COMBINE Eric's Cooper Con with our planned Cooper event. Sounded good to me. The next thing you know...there is NO plan at all. Eric ignored all the advice because he wants to be the center stage guy and not share his event with people who would actually help fill the seats. You guys shoot yourselves in the foot so much I'm surprised you aren't going around in wheelchairs. 

Soon afterward, AB withdrew its support for the whole thing, and I told the kid in Hollywood and the cast of Decoded to save their travel money. Another huge opportunity flushed down the drain because of personal issues and lies...this is the community you REALLY support there Shutter. When we decided to just settle for the occasional Cooper Campout with maybe a dozen people showing up...even THAT was just 'too much' for some of these folks...who when they found out the details in June on our meetup place...started making real (not imagined) threats. 

No wonder the public, although they like reading the news stories, don't bother gathering in large numbers for Cooper events. They already know the whole game is fixed...and being run by a select, non-inclusive group of people. 

EDIT:  On a happier note, I'm changing the date of the next Cooper Campout to August 16-19 due to my work schedule. This means I will have to update a couple of articles and put up a new one at Quora and WordPress. The main aim of this one will be to invite anyone who wants to say something regarding the Cooper case. We will provide the semi-pro video and sound gear and editing services. You go in front of the camera. Later, you do the uploading to YouTube or your blog or Facebook or wherever. (If you don't have a YouTube channel or don't know how to do all this stuff, we will put it on our channel if you wish.) Everyone participating will be provided a raw copy of their video on a flash drive, and later, the finished version via email or sent to you via Google Drive if it is too big to attach to an email.

We will NOT edit your video for content. Frankly, you can present something organized and scripted, or just say any old crazy shit you wish. We will only stick front and back credits on it, and probably a cute intro for you. 

This one will be held in the Olympic National Forest at a pre-arranged location, about twenty miles NW of Shelton, WA. Only people who contact us and ask to attend will be provided the maps and directions and other details. We learned our lesson the last time.... B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins
Some points made more clear regarding the proposed November events

Robert, Bryan sent us two emails during the short period you were involved. neither mentioned this threat. you posted often "everything goes through you" and you called the shots. then Bryan found out what you were doing and removed you. In his email he discussed people telling him they thought you were the new owner and you were running around with a laptop showing how you got around the ban to view my site. then you filled up a donation page with insults and gossip having nothing to do with the store. zero. anything good you did was over run by all the constant CNN reports over silly things said. who would do that on a donation page? 

I have nothing to do with any conference by anyone. I told them I refuse to work with you no matter the cause. it's as simple as that. why would we be the key to your success? I have emails saying your part was very small. 

The movie? I've told you a hundred times I'm not getting involved in that as well. it's been three years of excuses. something is wrong somewhere. conflicting reports, stalls etc. that's how I see it. it's very simple. 

This is not my life. it's obviously a large part of your life. you seek fortune and fame (self confessed). I'm not about any of that. lately I've been very busy and Cooper is far from any of my priorities. 

(edited)
16 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Robert, Bryan sent us two emails during the short period you were involved. neither mentioned this threat. you posted often "everything goes through you" and you called the shots. then Bryan found out what you were doing and removed you. In his email he discussed people telling him they thought you were the new owner and you were running around with a laptop showing how you got around the ban to view my site. then you filled up a donation page with insults and gossip having nothing to do with the store. zero. anything good you did was over run by all the constant CNN reports over silly things said. who would do that on a donation page? 

I have nothing to do with any conference by anyone. I told them I refuse to work with you no matter the cause. it's as simple as that. why would we be the key to your success? I have emails saying your part was very small. 

The movie? I've told you a hundred times I'm not getting involved in that as well. it's been three years of excuses. something is wrong somewhere. conflicting reports, stalls etc. that's how I see it. it's very simple. 

This is not my life. it's obviously a large part of your life. you seek fortune and fame (self confessed). I'm not about any of that. lately I've been very busy and Cooper is far from any of my priorities. 

What a load of baloney, to be frank about it. Bryan Woodruff didn't 'remove' AB of Seattle from anything until AFTER he got his money and everything else we provided. He trashed us on Facebook three days after the event...but at the end of the event when I was packing up our stuff, both he and his main squeeze gave me a hug and thanked me for everything. You weren't there, and what you DO know about what happened is only told to you second-hand by people with an agenda. 

'I told them I refuse to work with you no matter the cause. it's as simple as that...'

Then you shouldn't be running a website dedicated to DB Cooper that claims to be impartial. Or the 'biggest site on Cooper'. You are merely a host for a small group that believes they are the be-all and end-all of everything Cooper, and don't even have sense enough to support events related to the case that boost continued interest in the case. You do this because of personal issues, mostly. 

You are going to have to explain to people exactly how you believe everything we do is inherently evil. But I don't think anyone except your small group will listen. 

I don't seek 'fortune and fans,' Shutter. I do my part to keep public interest in the Cooper case, that's all. 

As far as the upcoming movie on the Cooper case, I have no control over that. They are looking at treatments for a script, they are working on it. Their checks each year don't bounce. My personal belief is that they are probably planning on deciding on a script and timing the shooting and release for 2021 for obvious reasons...the anniversary. There are some other facts about all this, sure. But I am not allowed to release actual details (until they do it first) because of the confidentiality agreement I signed with the studios. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
4 hours ago, The Cooper Vortex said:

I sure will. (regarding speaking to Jo Weber again)

Have you tried approaching her for another episode on your show? THAT episode would receive a great deal of interest, I'll bet. 

Reason I asked is because when we played all your shows at the last campout, someone asked about her. I didn't know what to tell them, since I have never spoken to her. I have seen many of her old posts, but somehow I get the idea she might come off better in sound format. 

On a side note, I moved your latest episode to 'Pinned' at the Quora Space on Cooper. Saw something else today...the weekly report that includes views and reads both at Cooper and my general stuff at Quora. I was pretty happy, and only shows the site works. Your podcast is a big success, in my humble opinion. See picture. You may want to try answering some Cooper questions for Quora members as well. Your downloads to episodes might move into the five-figure group. You never know...

QuoraReport.jpg

Edited by RobertMBlevins

John C Collins was an alias Duane Weber used. he was in the Jefferson prison under that name. Jo kept saying the FBI wouldn't give her details on his prison term. I found everything, including his mugshots from Jefferson for $4.00 . I have about 95% of his criminal records which include various prisons he attended. 

Weber couldn't pull off simple petty crimes. to believe he was capable of this is ridiculous to say the least. he was in prison over 18 years of his life. he got caught stealing purses. his early photo's, prior to 1971 resembles the sketch but in noway does he during the 70's. he was thoroughly checked by the FBI contrary to what Jo claims. Carr stated a file of hundreds of pages. 

1 minute ago, mrshutter45 said:

John C Collins was an alias Duane Weber used. he was in the Jefferson prison under that name. Jo kept saying the FBI wouldn't give her details on his prison term. I found everything, including his mugshots from Jefferson for $4.00 . I have about 95% of his criminal records which include various prisons he attended. 

Weber couldn't pull off simple petty crimes. to believe he was capable of this is ridiculous to say the least. he was in prison over 18 years of his life. he got caught stealing purses. his early photo's, prior to 1971 resembles the sketch but in noway does he during the 70's. he was thoroughly checked by the FBI contrary to what Jo claims. Carr stated a file of hundreds of pages. 

That is a pretty fair assessment. But the Vortex covers everyone. Except maybe Bob Knoss who in my opinion isn't playing with a full deck. ;)

The show features the Reca guys, after all. They have the jet headed toward Spokane instead of Portland. Now that's bad. 

A quick word about Hollywood and how movies are made. There are a lot of different ways movies come about, and I don't know if what I'm about to say applies to your movie, but it seems possible/likely.

Often times, a couple people will form a small production company, find a story they like, and set out to make a movie. They'll option the material, get a couple treatments/spec scripts, then set out to find the money. They'll pitch studios and/or independent investors. They'll try to get a 'name', like your Hollywood kid, to attract attention. And until the money comes, this is where the project sits 'in limbo'. The reason why they don't finalize a writer or a script is because they know that the money people will want to have a say in that, especially if it's a studio. It sounds like this is where your project is at. So they'll continue to re-up the option until the money comes ('green-lit') or they give up on the project.

It's always the money. along with a storyline. one of the problems I see is Kenny's background. it's nothing exciting. McCoy or Rackstraw have the movie making backgrounds. how much excitement could one put into this in order to stay truthful enough to make money. the whole Cooper story itself is not that exciting. nothing dramatic happened. nobody was hurt and Cooper has never been found. you would have to skew from the truth to begin to draw attention. then once again, it's no longer "the true story of DB Cooper" 

Nothing against Kenny but you would fall asleep if half the movie was about his life. he was in the service, seen no action. came home and went to work. no criminal record to work from, nothing. Peterson also has a interesting background. all these suspects sing the same tune with "proof" they may look good from the outside until you start looking inside. 

If this was a ticket movie. I don't see the attraction. people look for action, explosions, fight scenes, car chases etc. made for TV? possibly, even those companies are hard to sell. 

(edited)
58 minutes ago, dudeman17 said:

A quick word about Hollywood and how movies are made. There are a lot of different ways movies come about, and I don't know if what I'm about to say applies to your movie, but it seems possible/likely.

Often times, a couple people will form a small production company, find a story they like, and set out to make a movie. They'll option the material, get a couple treatments/spec scripts, then set out to find the money. They'll pitch studios and/or independent investors. They'll try to get a 'name', like your Hollywood kid, to attract attention. And until the money comes, this is where the project sits 'in limbo'. The reason why they don't finalize a writer or a script is because they know that the money people will want to have a say in that, especially if it's a studio. It sounds like this is where your project is at. So they'll continue to re-up the option until the money comes ('green-lit') or they give up on the project.

Some of your comments are reasonable. Some aren't quite right. There are two studios involved and neither of them are 'a couple of people who formed a production company,' although I can see where you might think that. One is a medium-sized studio, the other is a major one. But these days this is common. That's why at the beginning of most films today, they list off three or four companies. 

The kid from Hollywood applied on his own to become a co-producer on the film. He wasn't recruited. He says he wants to go into producing more and acting less. He's from Seattle originally. When we met in January, he said two things. First, he had a strong interest in the Cooper story, especially when he heard it hadn't been done as a dramatic feature before. Second, he wasn't going to play any part in the movie himself. I asked. B|

The problem isn't with the budget. They want a solid script from a known screenwriter, one with a solid track record...and those folks take time to get. They've narrowed it down to TWO people. Plus, I'm pretty sure they are scheduling any shoot/release for 2021. Makes sense. 

I think chances right now that they will actually do the picture are better than they were back in January 2017, when they first did the contract. Two to four years between an option and the actual release of a movie isn't unusual. I didn't know that at first. (*laughs*) They had to TELL me that...and ask me to be patient. 

EDIT:  Shutter's comments as a movie assessment expert and professional reviewer are noted. You already bypassed any offer of involvement, same as Bruce did. Sounds like sour grapes to me. Bruce talks about how he wishes he had a few extra bucks. The studios had me approach him as a possible consultant on the film and were offering him $15,000 one-time payment for that service, with some of that paid upfront. All he had to do was review maybe 20-30 pages of the shooting script for historical accuracy. (The part of the script covering the time between when Cooper arrives at the airport, and when he jumps.) In exchange, he got the money and his name listed as a co-producer with his book in credits. He turned it down. I understand about moral ground this and that, but if Bruce had offered ME something like that, I would have jumped on it with both feet. It was a no-lose deal for him. Even if they ended up NOT making the movie, and he didn't have to do any reviewing of the script at all...he would have been able to keep the upfront payment. Same thing goes for me on the option payments. 

I also mentioned that when people make a decision as foolish as that was...they have no call to whine if they don't like the final results. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

8 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

The problem isn't with the budget. They want a solid script from a known screenwriter, one with a solid track record

IMHO, that doesn't sound right. money talks. they should know who to pitch too. Hollywood is all about the money. they should know every screenwriter to go after. when you tell people Bruce would of received $15,000 for reading a few lines you can bet they would pay top dollar to get a top notch well known writer. almost 3 years looking for one? money should of easily paved the way. 

(edited)
7 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

IMHO, that doesn't sound right. money talks. they should know who to pitch too. Hollywood is all about the money. they should know every screenwriter to go after. when you tell people Bruce would of received $15,000 for reading a few lines you can bet they would pay top dollar to get a top notch well known writer. almost 3 years looking for one? money should of easily paved the way. 

The other studio only came on board in January after Hollywood kid and the other company pitched the film to them. As far as Bruce goes, his job was a little more than 'reading a few lines'. And frankly, they were looking to add his name to the credits. His book sales would have gone through the roof, if they actually make the movie. He didn't even bother to answer my proposals with more than a single sentence, even though I took a lot of time explaining the whole thing to him in detail. 

The reason they asked ME to approach him was two fold. First, I knew him better than they did. Second, they wanted a signature on a contract that included a confidentiality agreement before paying him any money. Looking back, it's doubtful he could have kept his mouth shut anyway. So it was probably better that he refused...for everyone involved. The funny part is that Bruce didn't even ask to see the contract they sent me for him....it had the name of the studio and their address, the execs names, etc on it. When I thought about that later, I could just see Bruce still saying no...and then revealing everything publicly anyway. So it was better he said no. 

EDIT:  There is also something else. At the time this was all going on, and prior to November 2016, when they were first researching...they had visited the Cooper Forum several times. You guys are NICER now. But back then...there was a lot of rhetoric going around. They were unsure on who they could trust. It's another reason why they asked me to approach Bruce (and you to an extent) on my own. But like I said, I don't think confidentiality would have been done if Bruce or you agreed to assist. I just don't see it, especially Bruce who would find it impossible not to say SOMETHING. 

I have no such problem, otherwise everyone would know who these studios are by now. I'm playing it out square with these people right to the end, whether the film is made or not. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
11 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Again, Bruce openly spoke about telling you that he would only deal directly with the producers...you were still on his site at the time...

I told the studio execs what he said. They said no dice. On the other hand, Bruce could have found out everything if he had bothered to ask to see the contract. He never thought of doing that, and looking back now...that was probably a good thing for everybody. Also, the producers assigned me the job of nominating and selecting one or two people as paid consultants for the film. There was even a budget assigned for this, right at the start. Not a job I really wanted. I told them:  "Those guys hate me. Maybe you should approach them on your own." No. They said it was my job and they wanted me to do it because I knew the possibles (people who might be qualified) much better than they did. So, okay. 

I was reluctant to even make the offer. I didn't want to do it. Let's face it, Shutter. You and some of your Cooper friends would be against us even if I said AB staff would quit our jobs and donate all our time to Childrens' Hospital in Seattle. Nothing we ever do is good enough for you guys, and we knew you saw any possible film about Cooper that included KC as a threat. 

Not at first, but LATER...I was glad you guys refused to participate, and that Bruce turned down the offer. It wouldn't have turned out well. 

EDIT:  They would have worked directly with Bruce, but first they wanted his John Henry on a contract...one that included an agreement on confidentiality. Knowing Bruce, can you actually see him keeping a secret like that? Doubtful at best. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Just now, RobertMBlevins said:

I told the studio execs what he said. They said no dice.

That makes no sense either and the first time you brought it up. they want something, they will go after it. first you said he never replied and now say they said no dice?

I'm discussing the topic. it has nothing to do with my involvement. not wanting to be a part of something doesn't mean it can't be discussed. 

I fail to see a connection of a major production company using someone on the outside to make any type of money deals? they should have there own department for these type of things. I've dealt with them and they do ask certain things like contacting someone but nothing involving money. legal issue could arise from you saying the wrong thing.