11 11
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)

Someone in Cooperland emailed me today with a question. I have to edit my reply because I decided to keep their identity a secret. No worries. The important stuff is included.

Let's get real. I don't mind watching the Eric Ulis videos. I just don't like it that he dumps them at Dropzone and never answers comments or questions about them. Shows a lack of respect. Over sixty videos posted to date. I don't know about you, but I'm starting to feel like a ten-dollar trick on Pacific Highway in Seattle. 

'Ha...our messages crossed paths. I'm heading to the Olympics from Friday morning Aug 16 until Sunday morning Aug 18. My plan is to do a comedy video on the first 60 of the Eric Ulis' videos. Cooper meets Saturday Night Live, more or less. 

I have all 60 subjects of the videos and their dates written on individual index cards. The informal script calls for me to hold up white poster boards explaining what the video is about. I toss these aside and move on to the sixty index cards...reading off the subjects one at a time, tossing them aside as well, and giving a five-ten second offhand response to each. It will be funny, but no cheap shots. I will try to keep the video to less than ten minutes total, and that includes the front and back credits. 

I have done comedy before. Most people think I'm serious all the time. Not true. Flipping each card away in a slightly different manner will be cool. Then I respond. Should be good.

Sincerely, Robert'

Too much serious stuff in the Cooper case. WAY too much conflict. Time for a bit of comedy. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

5 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Someone in Cooperland emailed me today with a question. I have to edit my reply because I decided to keep their identity a secret. No worries. The important stuff is included.

Let's get real. I don't mind watching the Eric Ulis videos. I just don't like it that he dumps them at Dropzone and never answers comments or questions about them. Shows a lack of respect. Over sixty videos posted to date. I don't know about you, but I'm starting to feel like a ten-dollar trick on Pacific Highway in Seattle. 

Too much serious stuff in the Cooper case. WAY too much conflict. Time for a bit of comedy. 

I actually look forward to seeing the final product. I am always willing to laugh at myself and welcome good-natured ribbing. What I will not respond to are trolls.

Also, I clearly state at the end of each video that people can comment through the DB Cooper Channel Facebook page. Moreover, several others have commented via the DB Cooper Channel YouTube page as well.

Cheers!

30 minutes ago, EJU said:

I actually look forward to seeing the final product. I am always willing to laugh at myself and welcome good-natured ribbing. What I will not respond to are trolls.

Also, I clearly state at the end of each video that people can comment through the DB Cooper Channel Facebook page. Moreover, several others have commented via the DB Cooper Channel YouTube page as well.

Cheers!

You don't respond to facts which contradict your fantasy narrative..

(edited)

''I actually look forward to seeing the final product. I am always willing to laugh at myself and welcome good-natured ribbing. What I will not respond to are trolls.

Also, I clearly state at the end of each video that people can comment through the DB Cooper Channel Facebook page. Moreover, several others have commented via the DB Cooper Channel YouTube page as well...'

I don't really do Facebook much. A post occasionally on our Cooper page, same with my personal page. As far as groups there, unless you have a cat, dog, or political group, traffic can be limited. And YouTube is a useless place for any discussion on the case. Comments can get out of hand pretty quick. I started doing what a lot of people do at YouTube. All comments are screened. They can be negative, but they must be POLITE or I delete them before allowing them to appear. Saves conflict and trouble, which can be prevalent in anything Cooper-related.

I have been guilty of picking on the Walter Reca folks at both Facebook and YouTube, but nothing nasty or insulting. Privately, I call Reca 'Wrong Way Cooper,' because the main problem with that whole story is they have Flight 305 jetting off east toward Spokane and dropping Reca off in Cle Elum. That's clear on the OTHER side of the Cascades...and THEN turning southwest for Portland. I'm willing to discuss any suspects, but that premise is outright ridiculous. I know exactly how far it is, and the route between SeaTac Airport and Cle Elum, very well. Based on that claim alone, I just can't put any faith in Reca as Cooper. 

From the 'I Told Ya So' Dept, this email today:

Hello Robert,

Thank you for contacting Webs Support. 
I gather you are getting the expired message on your website.  I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Sadly, we have identified an issue where some customers are getting this message after they made a payment and we are working to get it fixed in a timely manner. 
I have got the expired message removed from your website manually. You may now access your website without any issue. 
I hope this helps but if you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to this email.

Kindest Regards,
Renae

Yeah...about every three years or so this happens. B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Bad News for Cooper Fans:  Sluggo's famous website on Cooper is for sale at a whopping $2,095 USD from Huge Domains dot com. 

All material related to that site has been removed. You would only be buying the domain name, which makes it completely useless to anyone. Or at the very least, not really worth dropping twenty-one hundred bucks to buy it. 

An era in Cooperland is OVER....sort of. 

If a site exists long enough on the internet, the Wayback Machine archives snapshots of it. And sometimes even the links and pictures still work. Anyone wanting to use, or shortcut Sluggo's site as a resource should start with this snapshot of the site taken by the IA on December 23, 2008.

That is the first shot taken by IA. There are others, but on the one shown above, the links seemed to work and the photos were still in place. Might be the best all-around shot of the site. 

EDIT:  Eric Ulis DUMPS all sixty-plus of his videos from YouTube? Could this be because he's afraid of our upcoming video being shot on the August trip? He said recently that he didn't mind AB of Seattle staff poking a bit of harmless fun at him. Two days later...every single video he posted to YouTube is just GONE. To be fair to Eric, this could be a tech glitch with YouTube, and if so, we hope he manages to restore it. 

In any case, we can't find them at YouTube anymore. Neither are they at your Facebook page, Eric. Technical glitch or done on purpose? If it was done on purpose...we weren't going to be THAT hard on you in the video. B| No worries, though. We're still doing the video, only if your videos are permanently deleted...all sixty plus of them...this will be noted on the video and why we believe you did that. If it is a tech glitch, we hope you can get it fixed. That is a lot of wasted time and effort if they were deleted by mistake. 

I would be bitching to YouTube if I were you. 

Shutter says in part:

Anyone can look for themselves. NOTHING has been removed..

http://www.thedbcooperforum.com/index.php

SOME stuff HAS been removed. You gave Eric his own channel on your website, more than 4,300 views to the channel...and every Daily Bite video he posted is gone. There are only three possibilities here. YouTube screwed up. Or...YouTube found a Terms of Service violation and deleted Eric's entire channel. Or... Eric deleted the channel and the videos on his own.

If Eric deleted them all on his own, we will certainly make this a major point in the August video. I hope YouTube is the one with the issues. If not, then I am reminded of a line by one of the Russian sailors in the movie Red October:

"Captain scared 'em out of the water!"

EDIT: YouTube says Eric's channel there no longer exists. Greg the Techie Guy actually called me on the phone, verifying this. If we discover that this was done by Eric for no good purpose, and was not a YouTube ban or glitch...frankly we are going to go public on this issue about everywhere we can. And I will tell you why:

Because it isn't fair to Cooper fans who were starting to recognize Eric Ulis as a leader in Cooperland...the guy who tells everyone he 'owns' Cooper Con...the person who ditched a comprehensive plan for a combined November 2019 event that would have packed the house in Portland with Cooper fans. He was encouraged to cooperate with the people who had already called in favors and worked on organizing the biggest Cooper event ever held in the Great Northwest. He was assigned later as the organizer...and then blew everyone who had done the groundwork OFF, deciding he didn't want to share the stage with headliners like the cast of Decoded, or a young Hollywood star who has been in more than a dozen films and is a producer on the first dramatic picture ever done on the Cooper hijacking. He added nothing to that effort and ignored all the work that came before he got the job. 

And frankly...if we find out Eric did all this just to be vindictive, in some attempt to discourage us from the August video (won't work, we're still going on that full speed ahead)...we will come down very hard on him. We will be fair, but we will come down on everything he has done in Cooperland like a load of bricks. 

On the other side of the coin, we are hoping that this was a YouTube based problem, and not an affirmative action by Eric himself. If it WAS, he doesn't deserve to hold conventions with the Cooper logo attached to them. No way. And we will explain why. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

33 minutes ago, EJU said:

I recently placed all of the content on the YouTube DB Cooper Channel on hidden mode. This was necessitated given the DB Cooper project I'm working on and referenced during the July 5th Daily DB Cooper Bite.

What DB Cooper project? You are not only full of mystery, but baloney as well. 
Until AB staff see something solid from you, we go on the available evidence. 

Interested? See HERE. We think (until proven otherwise) that you took Cooper fans on a big ride that went nowhere. We're doing the video about it over a certain weekend in August. And inviting others to do the same.

Enough is enough.  

2 hours ago, EJU said:

I recently placed all of the content on the YouTube DB Cooper Channel on hidden mode. This was necessitated given the DB Cooper project I'm working on and referenced during the July 5th Daily DB Cooper Bite.

Eric's Cooper Con and vids were done to promote himself and sell his mostly stolen and extremely speculative Sheridan narrative to a production company..  He isn't interested in facts or truth, he is goal seeking. He used the Cooper community to steal work, gain cred and patch together a bogus narrative to sell. 

Anybody thinking of getting involved should do their homework on Eric and the Cooper case before wasting time and money..

(edited)
2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Eric's Cooper Con and vids were done to promote himself and sell his mostly stolen and extremely speculative Sheridan narrative to a production company..  He isn't interested in facts or truth, he is goal seeking. He used the Cooper community to steal work, gain cred and patch together a bogus narrative to sell. 

Anybody thinking of getting involved should do their homework on Eric and the Cooper case before wasting time and money..

I must agree, and we will be more than happy to provide the story on how Eric made fools out of the public, as well as Shutter's D.B. Cooper Forum...a guy who was kind enough to provide Eric with his own channel at that site. Eric also single-handedly managed to trash the biggest Cooper event planned for the year. These actions, in the view of myself and anybody else with a reasonable mind...are not acceptable. 

EDIT: Seen this morning at Shutter's forum -

Shutter: Looking up this YouTube channel shows it no longer exists. unless something changes this thread will be removed in the next 24 hours.

Eric: The content for the DB Cooper Channel was hidden by me recently. This was necessitated by the DB Cooper project I'm involved with and referenced in the Daily DB Cooper Bite for July 5th. Given that, I suggest you remove this thread.

In one fell swoop, Eric has managed to go from Cooper Royalty Golden Boy, to someone in Cooperland many people wish they had never met. I wonder how many folks will support his version of a Cooper convention THIS year. I am already charging up the batteries and gathering the gear for the August trip. I know baloney when I see it. I actually feel a bit sorry for Shutter, who trusted Eric the most. And that is saying a LOT. 

On our end of things, AB of Seattle staff (and especially yours truly) cannot figure out WHY Eric even accepted the post of helping host what was to be the biggest DB Cooper gathering in the Pacific Northwest. All he did with that is toss out the baby with the bath water, and ruin everyone's hard work.

Although it will still be shot as a comedy bit, I am modifying the shooting script for our video in August. Stay tuned. B|

If Shutter sees this post, I would suggest he LEAVE UP the empty channel at the Cooper Forum as one of the great examples of absolute baloney by someone involved in investigating the Cooper case. Yes. If it were MY website (it's not, I know) I would leave it all UP for people to see. Or to NOT see, depending on how you look at it. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

6 minutes ago, The Cooper Vortex said:

Have you guys heard my latest episode with Bill Rollins? Its a good one!

https://thecoopervortex.podbean.com/e/db-cooper-had-a-grudge-bill-rollins/

Not yet, but I will. I see you updated your status at Quora. Good. I pinned your podcast to the top of the page. I'm also adding your latest episodes to the flash drive I keep the other episodes on. At the last campout, we literally blasted them out on big speakers during the day. Big hit, everybody who showed for the Oregon trip enjoyed them immensely. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

In 1976 Cossey claimed to get the back chute Cooper left in the plane... Hayden also claimed to get the chute left in the plane,, but it doesn't match the packing card description/SN noted by the FBI.

cosseychutereturned.jpeg

I have interviewed Hayden extensively. He had a lawyer send a letter to the FBI asking his chute be returned, which was only a rental to NWA anyway. I believe HAYDEN. The FBI report on the chutes, done shortly after the hijacking by Agent John Detlor, is clear on the matter:

HaydenCosseyFBIExcerpt3.jpg

I was surprised that I didn't hear of THIS HIJACKING that happened before the Cooper caper. This Italian kid went AWOL from the Marines and ended up in Rome. He almost got away with it. He was out of jail in 18 months anyway. Italy LOVED him. 

The best article about him shows what old Rafael is doing today. Sergio Leone should have come through on his promise to make a movie about Rafael. He even has a YouTube channel, which is more than we can say for some...uh, never mind. That will be addressed next month. B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins

2 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

My quote of nothing being removed is not relevant to this action. I have no control over someone removing a channel or video from any location outside of my forum. Eric shutdown his channel himself. 

Well...I know that. So does everyone else. Eric's actions remind of that scene after the road trip in the movie, Animal House.

Flounder's car (well, his brother's car) gets beat to hell on the road trip, and Otter tells him:

"Face it. You f&$k#d up...you trusted us..."  :)

I've had to take my lumps in the Cooper case. Sometimes I deserved it. Maybe sometimes I didn't. But in my wildest dreams I never did to Cooperland what he has managed to do this year...and I'm not talking about just some videos at YouTube. The complete story will come out next month, I guarantee it. 

Where? YouTube. Where else? Eric has jacked more people around than he realizes, and it's time for him to be taken down a notch or two publicly. And the staff of AB are just the folks to do it. 

I still advise you to leave up his channel at the Cooper Forum. It's a good reminder to everyone. 

3 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I have interviewed Hayden extensively. He had a lawyer send a letter to the FBI asking his chute be returned, which was only a rental to NWA anyway. I believe HAYDEN. The FBI report on the chutes, done shortly after the hijacking by Agent John Detlor, is clear on the matter:

HaydenCosseyFBIExcerpt3.jpg

I was surprised that I didn't hear of THIS HIJACKING that happened before the Cooper caper. This Italian kid went AWOL from the Marines and ended up in Rome. He almost got away with it. He was out of jail in 18 months anyway. Italy LOVED him. 

The best article about him shows what old Rafael is doing today. Sergio Leone should have come through on his promise to make a movie about Rafael. He even has a YouTube channel, which is more than we can say for some...uh, never mind. That will be addressed next month. B|

The FBI report is NOT clear. If you read it very carefully it says that Hayden furnished two back chutes to NorthWest Airlines but it skillfully stops short of claiming both those chutes went to the hijacker. It says both of the chest pack chutes were furnished to the hijacker.

That is completely consistent with Hayden getting back a chute he sent to NorthWest that wasn't forwarded to the plane. The packing card/SN did not match.

Where does it confirm both of Hayden's chutes went to the hijacker??

(edited)
7 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

The only reminder to me was 14 pages of blank video's. the thread has been removed since it's no longer relevant to anything. what ever Eric did was his choice. I never watched any of them so it is what it is..

That must have been a bummer. I suppose you had no choice there. When you gave Eric his own channel on your website, I'm sure you had no idea he would just delete everything on you later. Flyjack actually had Eric pegged pretty well, better than all of us. For the record, I'm not buying into Eric's 'big project' explanation, and his current and previous actions, in my humble opinion, have lost him much support in D.B. Cooperland. 

Shutter: You also know how Eric operates about as well as I do. And BOTH of us, as well as a few other select folks, saw the email exchanges regarding the proposed event in Portland in November. 

For those of you reading this now who have no idea what I'm talking about, let me explain:

1) In late November of last year, Adventure Books of Seattle staff and myself personally, were asked to help organize a replacement for the now-defunct Ariel Store DB Cooper Days party. 

2) This request came from Jim Brunberg, owner/operator of the famous Mississippi Studios in Portland, and Bryan Ward, owner of the V-23 Brewery in Vancouver, WA. Both of them thought there should be a new version of the party that had been held at the Ariel Store for well over 25 years. I agreed to help them. Mississippi Studios is a combination bar/music venue with stage/and recording studio. It is also equipped with a screen for movies. The V-23 is a brewery that names all of its beers after people or subjects related to the hijacking. The brewery wanted to help sponsor the event. Brunberg wanted to provide the venue. 

3) Brunberg insisted that ALL people connected to the Cooper case somehow should be included in the program for this event, and AB staff agreed to this as well.

(Below: A picture of the Mississippi Studios stage. The bar is an adjoining room.)
MIStudios1.jpg.51cc94a0b872bc3eb271482af5125704.jpg

4) After a little over two months, AB of Seattle arranged for the entire cast of the TV show Decoded to make an appearance, as well as a famous Hollywood actor who had been in a dozen successful films. This actor had also recently signed on board the production staff with a company dedicated to shooting the first-ever dramatic feature film on the hijacking. 

5) Although the Decoded cast (Scott Rolle, Christine McKinley, and Buddy Levy) have been associated with the Cooper case on television, their main purpose was to appear for general fans of the show and not to concentrate on either suspect Kenny Christiansen, or the Cooper case itself. We knew their main draw with the public was because they still have many fans of the show, not just Cooper fans. The actor in question had many fans, especially younger folks, and would also be an excellent draw for the party. 

6) At some point, Brunberg and I discovered that Eric Ulis was planning on holding his next Cooper Convention on the same weekend as the new version of the Cooper Party. It was mutually decided that it would be better to invite Eric to host this program, and to ask him if he wanted to combine the Party with his Convention, so as not to create a conflict with Cooper fans, and generate as much interest (and attendance) as possible. 

7) We began to invite known speakers in Cooperland, such as Bradley Cooper, who had spoken at the last Cooper Con. Brunberg suggested that except for anyone actually speaking or participating in the event, there should be a modest gate charge to enter, and that this money would be split between the speakers scheduled for the event. We saw no problem with a gate fee, considering the actual 'headliner' guests had already agreed to donate their time and travel expenses to come. 

BELOW: The cast of Decoded and yours truly) 
publiccastpic.jpg.c03ce673bdb6286b882a47685abb5ad3.jpg

8) Although some discussion about renting a larger venue in Portland (such as Revolution Hall) was done, it was decided to hold the event at Mississippi Studios to keep costs down. Mississippi Studios was deemed large enough for a first-time replacement for the Ariel Party, although the option was kept open to do Revolution Hall if interest exceeded the number of people that Mississippi could hold. 

9) Both Brunberg and AB of Seattle staff created short films on the subject of the Cooper hijacking for presentation at the party. Any music would be arranged by Brunberg. Oregon Public Broadcasting was approached, and showed interest in filming the entire event for television. 

10) It was agreed to approach Eric Ulis and ask him to not only host the event, but encourage him to combine his Cooper Con with the Cooper Party. Brunberg then approached Eric Ulis and asked him to take the reins, and insisted he work in cooperation with the people who had done the groundwork and the planning. It was expected that Ulis would invite speakers from his first convention, and schedule them to speak as well. Brunberg also noted that he had received several 'bad' emails from certain people in Cooperland, and said he would NOT put up with this, and demanded that people work together, especially since HE was putting up one of the best venues in the Portland area at his own expense. 

11) Eric AGREED to all this, in an email that went out to several of the organizers and some of the guests, as well as Shutter, the founder of The D.B. Cooper Forum. At the same time, Adventure Books of Seattle decided to put up between $1,000-$1,500 in Amazon gift cards, to be used as prizes in a Cooper Character Lookalike Contest at the event. Looking at all of these things, we had no doubt this combination event would be the largest-ever D.B. Cooper event ever held in the Great Northwest. 

12) Almost immediately, it became obvious that Eric Ulis had absolutely no intention of following up on his promise, and started ignoring the messages being sent to him regarding the event. After a few weeks, I finally had to tell the cast of Decoded and the kid actor/producer from Hollywood that the event was probably going nowhere. At the same time, Ulis began releasing a daily series of videos on the Cooper case, and refusing to respond to requests asking him to provide details on what he planned to do for the combination event. Eventually, AB of Seattle withdrew from the whole event, and our scheduled guests were informed. 

13) It is my belief that when offered the chance to host the event, Eric Ulis simply trashed everyone's hard work on purpose because he saw the combination event as a threat to him, and did what he had to do to ensure it would never happen. These issues, and others regarding Ulis, will be addressed in August at the next AB of Seattle Cooper campout on a couple of videos, with accompanying articles at WordPress and Quora. (The public is invited to participate.) Our view is that Eric's selfishness was not only vindictive, but wasted everyone's time and effort. In a message sent to me shortly after Eric was assigned the hosting job, this is an excerpt from the email I received from Jim Brunberg:

'I’m leaving it up to Eric, since he is the most “neutral” of the bunch, and was already planning an event. I was being inundated with a lot of stuff that I really don’t want to be a part of – I’m delighted by the research and theories and story itself, but I want nothing to do with any of the disagreement or bad blood between the parties. It’s impossible for someone like me to step in and solve issues like those in the group are experiencing, but everyone seems to agree that Eric is the right guy to run the event. I’ll supply the space and a lot of enthusiasm about the topic, but I don’t want to have anything to do with trying to sort through any of the issues.  I hope you can ALL work it out and have a wonderful time!

Jim'

As it turned out, Eric's 'neutrality' was a farce, and all he managed to do was trash the entire event the second Jim Brunberg asked him to host. He continues these types of actions to the present day. As far as Jim's reference to 'being inundated' he means he was getting mass emails from a few select people in Cooperland who were trying to trash the event as well, most of whom would not have attended anyway. Eric's job, which he didn't even ATTEMPT to do, was to bring everyone together for the biggest Cooper event in history. He simply decided he didn't want to share the stage with anyone, not even the headliners we arranged, who would have actually filled the seats. Instead, he used Jim's generous offer to make sure the whole thing went down the tubes for his own benefit. 

Submitted by: Robert Blevins, Adventure Books of Seattle
*A link to this post has been provided to the people mentioned above.*

Edited by RobertMBlevins
spelling and formatting corrections

On 7/25/2019 at 5:31 PM, FLYJACK said:

Seattle Center was tracking the 727 and directing the F106's to trail at 5 miles..

No way they got the flight path wrong..

radopseattle.jpeg.ad76f69d3392e85b251329d53023fd10.jpeg

The description of the Seattle Center ARTCC actions are corroborated by FBI files, transcripts, Himmelsbach and also Gray's book..

Seattle Center controlled the flight from Seattle to the California/Oregon border.

The Seattle team was...
ARTCC R2
ARTCC R5
ARTCC R6
ARTCC R10

The chase planes were co-ordinated by Seattle Center. They were in contact with the chase pilots.

Seattle Center must have known the 305 flight path to do this. The dashes in the transcript may be the deleted ARTCC comms with chase planes.

Putting together all the pieces, there is no way there was an alternate western flight path. The western flight path theory is DEAD and should be relegated to the Vortex dust bin. 

'Putting together all the pieces, there is no way there was an alternate western flight path. The western flight path theory is DEAD and should be relegated to the Vortex dust bin...'

I have always believed this to be case, if for no other reason...common sense. The FBI, ATC, USAF, and Northwest Airlines had ample warning to prepare between the time they first got word the plane was being hijacked, then while it was circling, and later while it waited on the tarmac for money, chutes, and fuel. 

By the time everything was delivered, the passengers released, and the plane started down the runway again, everyone was ready. Television coverage had been extensive with break-ins to regular programming, and most local law enforcement agencies along the flight path were either aware of the situation via national TV coverage, or had been informed directly. 

In my humble opinion, the idea that NWA Flight 305 could just head off into the night without anyone tracking its path successfully is patently ridiculous. 

Another Eric Ulis unverified claim looks to be imploding...

EU (Eric Ulis) wrote.. (and has stated many times)

"Also, it's worth mentioning again, Linn Emrich is the guy who fingered Sheridan as Cooper to the FBI. Sheridan is the guy that Linn is referring to in the 1971 Issaquah Press article that has recently been posted on this site. Linn hadn't seen Sheridan for 6 1/2 years at this point."

Lynn, a member at Shutter's site... has documents which indicate... Linn Emrich named a Willard Whitney as a suspect.... Emrich never mentioned Sheridan Peterson in that article. 

Lynn wrote..
"Well, this is a new one on me. Have been in touch with someone close to Linn Emrich. Apparently Linn kept a journal of his observations on the Cooper case, and while I'm having some trouble reading the pages sent to me online, I'm going to try to sharpen them so I can read them. He names a suspect called Willard Whitney at one point, which is a new one on me." 

Some good stuff from Lynn and from Shutter recently...  Georger not so much..

I look at Sheridan Peterson from a more practical standpoint. There are a number of reasons I just don't believe he's Cooper. He was all about being prepared for a jump, which is why he's still alive after so many jumps. Traveling all the way from Tibet dressed in loafers and a suit doesn't sound like Sheridan to me. 

His background, self-provided, also says a lot. He also has BLUE eyes. 

When the FBI interviewed him, he didn't ask for a lawyer and spoke freely to the agents. Gave a DNA sample and answered their questions. Innocent people tend to do things like that.

(edited)
7 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Another Eric Ulis unverified claim looks to be imploding...

EU (Eric Ulis) wrote.. (and has stated many times)

"Also, it's worth mentioning again, Linn Emrich is the guy who fingered Sheridan as Cooper to the FBI. Sheridan is the guy that Linn is referring to in the 1971 Issaquah Press article that has recently been posted on this site. Linn hadn't seen Sheridan for 6 1/2 years at this point."

Lynn, a member at Shutter's site... has documents which indicate... Linn Emrich named a Willard Whitney as a suspect.... Emrich never mentioned Sheridan Peterson in that article. 

Lynn wrote..
"Well, this is a new one on me. Have been in touch with someone close to Linn Emrich. Apparently Linn kept a journal of his observations on the Cooper case, and while I'm having some trouble reading the pages sent to me online, I'm going to try to sharpen them so I can read them. He names a suspect called Willard Whitney at one point, which is a new one on me." 

Some good stuff from Lynn and from Shutter recently...  Georger not so much..

It's a funny website. As soon as you get banned from there...you become a main topic of conversation for a while. They created two special pages over there with my name all over them, titled Suspects. But they only harp on ONE suspect. KC. All it really does is bring more attention to Kenny Christiansen. Sometimes in spades.

How do I know this? The movie producers I signed with told me so. They said it was overkill, and wanted to hear about Kenny from me personally. I have collected thousands of dollars already as a result of Shutter's 'Suspects' page, with more coming in January 2020. It was also a factor in my being contacted to arrange two shoots (Kent, WA and Eatonville Library) for that British DB Cooper film they shot last year. 

What Shutter doesn't realize is that ANY publicity is GOOD publicity. I sort of depend on him for that. He never fails to come through for me. B| The intention of his Suspects page is to discredit. It generally has the opposite effect intended, except for a few folks that hang out at the DBC forum. Its main effect has been to encourage people to come to me personally for one reason or another. These people don't always quote that page as how they got curious, but many times they do. (Actually, it should be called 'Suspect' without the 'S' because only one suspect is covered, which makes it look pretty silly to most readers.) They keep looking around for the OTHER guys. 

I saw recently he added a second page to it, with more mentions of my name. Now THAT is generosity. Since I am pretty aware why these things work as they do, i.e. if you harp on a name too much in Cooperland, that name gets a lot of attention...none of Shutter's members or his site are mentioned at AB of Seattle or on our DB Cooper Info Page there. 

My apologies...but I am not so generous with the free publicity 24/7 as he is. I suppose I should be thankful. Word came to me from the production companies involved in the upcoming feature film on Cooper. It has been decided to shoot the movie in 2021 and schedule the release for close to the 50th anniversary date. Works for me. I'm retiring from full-time work by June of the same year, and leaving Washington state for good. 

On a side note, I have just read what is probably the best rendition of the John List story. List was once considered a suspect in the Cooper hijacking. 

Figures that the best version would come from Quora:) All the good writers hang out there. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins