18 18
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)
18 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

My point was I wouldn't pay someone who wasn't a real business or associated with the subject be it Alcatraz, Hoffa, Cooper etc. someone certified. especially on water. lots of liability. you take that risk promoting your company and camping trips with no liability insurance. 

YouTube partnership should be your major goal. more views, better placement. reaching people is your other goal. you worry about someone else's views when you could triple your own. I don't think they have a limit on video's but again you seem to like promoting video's. you have to keep the interest going. you don't make enough to achieve that goal. basically, it sounds like we need to work on yours as well? 

Our camping trips have no liability problem, mainly because we only invite people to camp out with us by providing maps and suggested gear. We do not take responsibility for them. They attend at their own risk. The PDF's with the map say that. Their acceptance of the map document shows they understand. It's in the same vein as when car clubs hold gatherings out in the woods around here. That's one reason why he hold these campouts on public property out in the National Forest. If we held them on PRIVATE property, there would be more liability. I created a release document once, but so far I haven't asked anyone to sign it. Maybe I will as people show up. The Oregon trip was the first time we had a meetup point. (Didn't work out too good for us) The other times we just provided a map and directions to the actual campsite and people just showed up when they wanted. We have gone back to that. 

I appreciate your suggestions, but I have no desire to be a YouTube star. If you want to make real money doing AdSense, you need more subscribers and views than I could possibly obtain. The DB Cooper market is a bit limited. Half the people under the age of 40 no longer know off-hand who Cooper is. It's even higher when they are over 40 and not from the Pacific Northwest. But if you ask people if they know of Bigfoot...then sure everyone has heard of him. He has universal appeal I guess. Figures. B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

It's not becoming a star...it's the public? you should also be putting your video's in 16:9 aspect ratio too. we are discussing view count, right? the second best search engine is YouTube. that's your public you always claim to know...thumbnails are in as well. 5 billion videos watched a day. 

Edited by mrshutter45

(edited)
1 hour ago, mrshutter45 said:

It's not becoming a star...it's the public? you should also be putting your video's in 16:9 aspect ratio too. we are discussing view count, right? the second best search engine is YouTube. that's your public you always claim to know...thumbnails are in as well. 5 billion videos watched a day. 

I'm pretty sure we already shoot in 1080 and 16x9 for all or most of them. That's the default setting we put on the camera we generally use. And Dolby 5.1 surround for the audio. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't work as well...like when we did the Kyle DeDominces video on the money find out back of Kenny's place. Too much traffic noise. I couldn't get rid of it, but shooting the video anywhere else would have been pointless. The ones done in the woods worked much better. Views are not bad, considering. 'A Little Trip to the Seattle FBI' has done over 10K views to date, (almost TWICE the views of Eric's sixty videos combined) and the KC video is approaching 75,000. Works for me. However, after a while the total number of views on Eric's stuff should start increasing...especially after we add a link to his Cooper channel at YouTube to the upcoming video. We can help promote the case more by promoting Eric's efforts, than by producing a great number of our own videos. We only have 253 current subscribers anyway. There are some additional subscribers, but they choose to remain private and are not shown at YouTube. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Actually, his video's are not doing that bad. he's only been around a couple months and has up to a hundred plus views on some of them. you have a video running for a month with 150 plus views. 44 subscribers is pretty good vs 253 over about 5 years on yours. Eric has been getting news media coverage that will probably help. 

It will be hard to reach big numbers because not everyone will view them all when you post one everyday. I only watch one channel that does daily video's. he travels around the country so it's not the same type of redundancy. seeing Flyjacks responses stops me from viewing them along with not believing a western path and his logic following the path. 

10 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Actually, his video's are not doing that bad. he's only been around a couple months and has up to a hundred plus views on some of them. you have a video running for a month with 150 plus views. 44 subscribers is pretty good vs 253 over about 5 years on yours. Eric has been getting news media coverage that will probably help. 

It will be hard to reach big numbers because not everyone will view them all when you post one everyday. I only watch one channel that does daily video's. he travels around the country so it's not the same type of redundancy. seeing Flyjacks responses stops me from viewing them along with not believing a western path and his logic following the path. 

Is there a point to all of this? Do your comments contribute to the positive side with the public on the Cooper case? Until I am shown otherwise, it is my belief you have an anti-RB, anti-AB of Seattle, and generally host an anti-everything-not-belonging-to-Cooper-Royalty website. And that you support the same on other sites.

Let's face facts. 

You are non-inclusive, slanted, and your biggest contributor spends much of his time spewing names and hatred in mass quantities. I don't have to defend that statement. Anyone who has actually visited your forum knows this to be true. They can look for themselves easily enough. 

My trust factor with you is less than zero right now. After you jacked Dropzone and AB around with your placard posts here, and then laughed about it later at your own site, trust is a hard thing to come by these days, as Kurt Russell once said in The Thing. You left a comprehensive record here, and you should apologize to Cooper fans for doing that. 

Just speaking the truth. I'm not allowed to have an opinion. I'm simply showing what I see. here you go again attacking me for showing what anyone can seen? I never asked you to defend anything. I'm showing facts. are you one of those who downplay facts? not allowed to show or discuss data to back up a statement as I just did?

I seen a video last year of a college student yelling out "stop giving us facts" was that you?  

(edited)

Robert, I'm hardly in a position to apologize for showing stats or explaining them. if anyone is wrong it's you. nothing offensive or bad was remotely stated in my reply. it was simply showing what can be seen. you are attacking me for pointing data out? that's a not allowed now? 

Edited by mrshutter45

7 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

Georger has a issues with a lot of people. you don't like him, he don't like you.

This is not the discussion. once again you skew off topic to insult and try to attack my character. the SUBJECT was Eric and his video's. 

You owe Cooperland an apology, as well as the folks who drop by this thread. Then we can move forward. 

Do you deny this is true?  That you did this? 

'After you jacked Dropzone and AB around with your placard posts here, and then laughed about it later at your own site, trust is a hard thing to come by these days...'

AB of Seattle was tossing a lot of money and gear at searching the area around Castle Rock, WA where the placard was found. We even got permission from Weyerhauser to set up a campsite there and do an organized search for additional evidence. 

YOU made posts enmasse here at Dropzone supposedly trying to 'assist' in that effort. Later, you made a joke of it and later posted up about it at your own website. I can show you your own post about it if you wish. The ones here are record. 

Here's the problem. When you do that, you begin to lose the trust of the public, as well as some folks in Cooperland. 

You owe an apology for doing that to Cooper fans. There are no two ways about it. 

Back to Decoded...

Anyone not familiar with the DB Cooper case can be convinced of anyone's guilt if they don't take the time to study the case and the facts surrounding it as well as all of the coincidences that surround other suspects. If all one ever sees is the Kenny garbage, then yes, it's easy to convince them of anything.

Bottom line, Decoded is a conspiracy theory show and the hosts are morons. I wouldn't give a squirt of piss for Buddy Levys opinion on the Cooper case.

1 hour ago, EJU said:

Daily DB Cooper Bite. I give an overview of the case as I sign-off for a period of time to work on a major new DB Cooper-related project.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DBCooperChannel

Eric Ulis is the Cooper Con…

The FBI did not confirm the placard came from Norjak. In fact, they raised doubts.

Eric claims it as fact, it isn’t. 

Eric also claims the wind direction at the placard location as fact, it isn’t the FBI docs state it is an ESTIMATE based on Portland and Salem data over 50 miles away from the placard location.

Eric has taken 2 assumptions, intentionally elevated them to fact to contradict real case evidence. 

Now, when Eric is confronted with the F106 FBI docs confirming the FBI flight path he changes his theory.. He now claims the western flightpath maybe had a veer East then a right turn.. this is goal seeking and desperate BS.. Eric’s changes his theory to match his conclusion and agenda.

Any TV “enterprise” that wants to know the facts should contact real Cooper experts and avoid Eric’s docufantasy which is stolen work of others patched together with weak speculation. He has nothing new. He is the Cooper Con.

Eric is good example for why I don’t publicly expose most of the suspect info I have. Guys like this will steal your work to try and profit from it. It makes public suspect discussions impossible and undermines case advancement.

placardquestioned.jpeg.351ea790335acdf1685ff9fb85484125.jpeg.e9ea063c6c2be5d7f67cb7e29dba10d7.jpeg.6bbdad61bfcc0da126f8881de6242919.jpeg

3 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Back to Decoded...

Anyone not familiar with the DB Cooper case can be convinced of anyone's guilt if they don't take the time to study the case and the facts surrounding it as well as all of the coincidences that surround other suspects. If all one ever sees is the Kenny garbage, then yes, it's easy to convince them of anything.

Bottom line, Decoded is a conspiracy theory show and the hosts are morons. I wouldn't give a squirt of piss for Buddy Levys opinion on the Cooper case.

Correct. even the Reca story has lots of believers. most just end up going with the flow with the current story. the public is easily manipulated into believing a lot of things. most fail to fact check anything. they quickly believe all the pieces fall together. 

Decoded, it's not entirely bad but is based as a conspiracy show. it's all "made for TV" all the reality shows are rigged. it's a rating thing. even Ghost Hunters sold out...they preached hard against it and ended up getting caught rigging things themselves. 

(edited)
12 hours ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Back to Decoded...

NOT correct. You are not being fair to either the cast of Decoded, or the show itself. It is unscripted, for one thing. It is not 'rigged,' and one reason is because the cast wouldn't have gone along with the show if it was. They had reputations to uphold both before they signed on to the show, as well as after it ended. And it was well cast, unlike shows such as Larry the Cable Guy, for example:

Buddy Levy - Full professor of English, Washington State University. Writes best-selling historical books. His latest is on the ill-fated Greely Polar Expedition. 

Scott Rolle - Former Maryland state prosecutor, now a judge in the same state. He set aside the robes recently and did a combat tour in Afghanistan via the Army Reserve, where he is an officer. 

Christine McKinley - Raised in Fairbanks, AK she is an engineer with her own consulting firm. Currently lives in the Portland area doing that, and occasionally performing her own music. 

No big deal, but most of the important evidence regarding Kenny and Bernie was discovered AFTER the Decoded episode on Cooper aired. The episode did one thing very well. It drove a few people out of the woodwork, witnesses mostly. 

Morons? Hardly. 

RBandDecodedCast.jpg

EDIT:  Shutter 45 asks-

'Why are you putting me on trial. didn't you have a problem with "inquisitions" a couple weeks ago?'

True enough. Forget it. You don't owe Cooperland an apology. I wasn't completely sold on the idea of the placard search at Castle Rock, anyway. I just figured that by bringing certain things to the forefront, you would be more serious the next time some proposal like that search comes down Cooper Road. At least you weren't making threats to show up to the meeting spot in Estacada and cause trouble, as some of the folks over at Bruce's website did. I have to give you that. 

Maybe by jacking us around a bit regarding the proposed search, you actually saved AB and a few other people the trouble (and costs) of a useless search. It also occurred to me that there WOULD be liability issues if we invite people on a search held on private property, since that property was owned by Weyerhauser Logging. It was probably the best thing all-around to cancel and just do our normal thing in Oregon instead. No hard feelings. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

Enough is enough. Since I'm sure many of you have seen this recent post at Mountain News by Bruce Smith, I would like a chance to address it. And the reason I'm addressing it HERE, instead of THERE, is because Bruce banned me from making comments to MN, while spouting any lie, no matter how ridiculous and silly, as he wishes. 

'As for RMB, he is a dangerous man and an ineffective investigator, in my view, who has also threatened me with law suits (see the many threats on the DZ), bodily harm (Ariel Tavern, 2016), and arrest (Auburn PD). I have written about his many escapades with frequency. Whatever I have said about RMB is well-deserved, and I stand by every single word...'

Hmm. Let's present the actual truth about these allegations. 

1) Dangerous? I don't think so. I haven't taken a swing at anyone in anger since high school, and I do Driving Miss Daisy for a nice senior lady on weekends. Some of our cleaning customers have been with us for more than a dozen years, trusting us with their alarm codes, their keys, their kids, even their pets. If I were actually 'dangerous,' I'm sure they would have figured it out long ago. 

2) 'Threatened him with bodily harm at the 2016 Ariel'. Outright lie. I never even saw Bruce at the last Ariel party ever held. Bruce lied to Meyer Louie to get a ride to the party, telling Meyer that he had NOT been banned by owner Bryan Woodruff. Bruce was left sitting on a guard rail about a hundred yards up the road. Woodruff approached me and asked if I had any problem with Bruce attending. He was thinking about relenting, he said. I told him it was fine by me. Woodruff decided not to relent. I spent the day working and doing BBQ for the attendees...and Meyer Louie later drove Bruce somewhere else. In any case, I never saw Bruce a single time. I was told later he was sitting down the road and was pretty angry at everyone. 

3) Threat of arrest by the Auburn PD:  Way back in 2010, (or 2011 maybe) I did my first presentation on the Cooper case at the Auburn Avenue Theater. The morning of the event, someone called in a threat to the Auburn City Hall from a pay phone, saying 'People will be hurt if that presentation is made today,' or something similar. They never said any more than just that. Connie H, the director of the Auburn Days Festival, called me in to her office. She asked me if I knew who could possibly have made the call, and everyone was very upset about it. Around 10,000 people, mostly families with kids, come to the festival. I told her the only person I knew who was local in Cooperland was a guy named Bruce Smith, who I had not met. I was asked to print up pictures of him for the Auburn Police, and copies were handed out to the cop assigned to guard the theater. It was a big pain in the ass for everybody. If Bruce had shown up, the cops were merely going to ask if he had made the call. If he says no, he gets to attend the program no problem. There was no trouble that day, and later on...we figured out who REALLY made the call by researching posts right here at Dropzone. The announcement about the program was made only a few hours before the morning of the event. It didn't take long to figure out who did it...and it was most likely the same guy who tried calling me at midnight after he was banned from Dropzone. I later apologized to Bruce, but this situation was not of my creation, but from the ugly side of Cooperland. 

4) Lawsuits:  I mentioned once to Bruce when he first released his manuscript publicly in Word (I was sent a copy) that going heavy on calling Kenny Christiansen a child molester without proof could cause a lawsuit from the Christiansen family. I heard he later toned that part of the book down a bit. Suing someone with limited means is a waste of time anyway. Everyone knows that. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

.we figured out who REALLY made the call by researching posts right here at Dropzone. The announcement about the program was made only a few hours before the morning of the event. It didn't take long to figure out who did it...and it was most likely the same guy who tried calling me at midnight after he was banned from Dropzone. I later apologized to Bruce, but this situation was not of my creation, but from the ugly side of Cooperland. 

Robert, once again you are using this form as a platform to get back at others. 

You are making a very, very serious accusation about Georger claiming he called in a bomb threat years back. this is completely out of line suggesting a member of this community was involved in a felony with no evidence to support this. Georger doesn't live in Washington. do you know where the call came from? why did you fail to tell the police about Georger since you clearly were wrong with your first accusation! "didn't take long to figure out who did it" it appears to have been easy to bring Bruce into it, why not the real culprit? 

This is completely out of line. the police do take these things seriously and I fail to understand why this easy connection was never made? does the MALICE ever end? 

October 2016, Walmart gets several bomb threats. were these Georger too? bomb threat to  Auburn was in August 2015.

This is not the first time there's been a bomb threat at the Auburn Wal-Mart. Police responded to a similar situation in January 2015 and again that July.

Edited by mrshutter45

(edited)

Lots of people have been banned from DZ. I never said his name, either. YOU suggested a name. I wasn't told the number. I just figured it out by looking at the nasty posts made by a single person in the VERY short (a few hours at most) time frame between the announcement about the event made at DZ...and the time the call arrived. 

Why call the police over it later? Nothing could be absolutely proven. There was no 'bomb threat'. Someone simply said people 'would be hurt' if they showed to the event. It was low thing, a childish thing to do. You want verification? Call the woman who ran the festival for 27 years, and with whom I worked with the last five years she did that. I will provide her name for you privately. 

The person *allegedly* involved...this person's IP address was also linked to about one fourth of over 300 absolutely filthy comments directed at Gayla and myself personally at the infamous Regina Winkles WordPress article on Christiansen. That incident was SO bad that even Matt Mullenweg, co founder of WordPress, got word of it and personally deleted all the comments, as well as Regina's account. 

This is part of the reason I wrote the two part series on Fear and Loathing in Cooperland, which has received tens of thousands of views to date. I won't link it here. 

You've known about some of these things for a while now. You never made mention of them until now. The recent comments by Bruce were in my opinion, the last straw. I have a right to stand up for myself against outright lies, especially from people you support very strongly. This is the difference between us. If people I supported were doing things like this, I would no longer support them. Or at least I would stand up to them when they start in using lies in order to discredit. It's shameful. Just like the threats two weeks ago to show at the meetup spot in Estacada and cause trouble for attendees to the recent June campout we held. How many more examples of crazy do you need to be shown to understand you are buttering your bread on the wrong side? 

The bottom line is that the people who engage in these behaviors, whether it be threats to ordinary campers, threats to harm people in a theater, filthy comments directed at other people....the people involved in these things all seem to hang out with you, and are supported by you. What are people to think? You're supposed to be a sort of leader in Cooperland. Start showing it and quit making excuses. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)

it was most likely the same guy who tried calling me at midnight after he was banned from Dropzone.

You posted this for years about Georger calling you at midnight. who else called you at midnight.  key word "tried" Georger hung up. you then posted his phone number often trying to make it out as the crime of the century. 

It's very obvious who you are talking about. 

Edited by mrshutter45

2 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

I have Georger's IP. it hasn't changed. you have NEVER provided it. lets see it? they last time you tried posting it the IP wasn't even close. 

I am not here to try Georger (who was named by YOU by the way) publicly. If you want more information, you can contact me privately about all this. The phone call incident was long ago and far away, but I mentioned it because it shows a long-term pattern with certain people you support. 

One motivation for revealing the things I DID reveal was to sort of back-door encourage certain folks to play fair in Cooperland. The incident with the threats at Mountain News was just a couple of weeks ago and we were forced to change our entire plan for the campout, and contact people via cell phones to tell them to meet us elsewhere. 

The IP addresses were linked to the Regina article. She copied over some of the comments from her Admin log and sent them to me. As you know, the IP addresses of anyone making a comment to WordPress is shown to the admin of that site for each comment. 

As far as the more recent stuff at Mountain News, maybe instead of complaining to me, you should stand up for what is right and stop taking sides with things you know to be wrong. You're supposed to be a leader, the founder and Top Honcho at the self-proclaimed 'Biggest Site on DB Cooper'. Since the demise of the Sluggo site, I would call that accurate. So be a leader then.