18 18
quade

DB Cooper

Robert, I research the DB Cooper hijacking. I'm not a promoter of any kind nor do I intend to become one. I don't have to do anything but research. this idea of promoting the case in order to solve it has been tried a hundred times over. I'm not saying anything is wrong with it but obsessing over who promotes more is ridiculous. anything new always gives a spike in interest and ends up fading away. 

I haven't "recently" added a second page to my suspect page. if you are referring to the link to Bruce's page detailing all the known suspects. that's been there for years. my report on Kenny is no different than you reporting or making articles on Peterson or any other suspect. those would be intended to support that suspect you write about or discredit them? you can make articles and nobody else can? should Eric be here constantly saying your articles on Peterson are solely to discredit?

I research the case. I look into suspects, evidence, read the 302's trying to make sense of the case. I'm not in this to promote the case. If someone views my forum and truly becomes interested they will join the forum. If they don't like the way it's set up. they don't belong there in the first place. members on my forum like it the way it is. YOU are the only one complaining about it. researching the case here is a problem since you always bring all of the drama connected to the community vs actually discussing the case that will only span about one or two posts. then it goes right back to complaints. if this new thread has 50 pages. then about 40 of them are not related to researching the case. this is why people don't comment here. it's more like the National Enquirer for DB Cooper. that's how I see this. just an opinion. 

"I watched him land and that back door of that airplane was dragging on the runway and shooting sparks like—you know when you put a knife on the grinder?!It looked like the sparks was going 50 feet in the air! It’s dark, and we probably…. got up there about somewhere around 6 o’clock—it was VFR, it was great—a clear night and we could see other airplanes … and there were a couple F-106s out of McChord, they came down and were available for a while, then they went back. And we asked Maj Gene Winchester ‘What are our instructions?’ They said ‘Well, we don’t know if he’s still on the airplane, or if he went out the back door when it stopped, he might be here, we ‘re going to make a cordon, a perimeter off, and do a ground search… And you go over there and get out of the way and fill up ’cause we think he might be going to Mexico; you might be following him to Mexico And I thought ‘That sounds interesting!’ So we sit over there for, I don’t know, several hours. And then they called us and said ‘you could go home’. We got back here about 7:00 a.m., Jack and I.”1 Winchester had no direct radio contact with the airline crew, only with FAA Controllers. In the darkness and following in-trail at a safe distance, they never saw Cooper leave the airliner. “"

There it is, even more corroboration, the chase planes were in contact with the Controllers..

Alternate flight path has left the building....

(edited)

'YOU are the only one complaining about it...'

I'm not really sure if I'm complaining or not. That 'Suspects' page you have going that only mentions ONE suspect and uses my name extensively...is directly responsible for the check I receive each January. I was told this by the producers. It's what got their attention. They wondered why you would dedicate such a thing to me alone. Got their curiosity up. They wondered why I didn't respond to it, for one thing. Once I told them I was banned from your website, and showed them all the insults you guys (used to) post, it was an easy matter to convince them I was on to something in the case. Your slanted approach, a combination effort that was meant to discredit, actually had the opposite effect. This has happened a few times now. So I guess deep down I don't care if you leave it all up. It's free advertising. 

4sure.jpg.75bea032bf32981b392fad3979dd445f.jpg

As far as promoting the case with the public, you bet your life I do this, and for a couple of reasons. First, everyone in Cooperland has now had ten years to solve the Cooper case, and despite endless discussions on the tie, particles, those FBI docs you talk about, etc you are no closer to solving anything than you were back in 2008. It's just endless talk re-hashing the same points. Promotion? You established a free channel/page at your website just this year for the biggest promoter of them all...Eric...and you got burned. So you do the same thing, only difference is you go with what is popular instead of what is BEST. 

I am the renegade in Cooperland. I don't care if other people in that world 'like' me or not. It's not THEM I'm trying to reach because their tactics are well-known, and I don't go that route. I give it to the public straight-up, and generally the public respects that. If they didn't, we wouldn't have nearly 100,000 views at YouTube to the Cooper videos, over 800 followers at Quora with 1.66 million views to my entries there, and a movie contract. 

cooperate.jpg.06f501b9ce81623e7169f36a415b21f6.jpg

The truth is...Cooperland has never figured out what is best, or on which side the bread is actually buttered. After all of your efforts, you really haven't accomplished a thing, or managed to slow down (even a little bit) everything we have done in the case. And brother...sometimes you guys really pulled out all the stops. I will give you that. :)

Edited by RobertMBlevins

My suspect page is what it is.. I really don't care what you think about it. slanted approach? they are facts not assumptions. that's a tool you use to discredit. 

Best for Cooperland? there isn't really an answer for that either. it's an age old unsolved hijacking. nothing more. some people are more interested than others. it's pretty simple. unless you take some sort of a national or global poll you can't tell people what the "public" thinks. producers are like anyone else with an opinion. each one is different and has different goals. most look for facts vs drama. that's a reality show producers job. they would love you. it's hard to have slanted views while dealing with facts. slanted? sounds more like the FBI would be slanted over the years when it comes to Kenny? multiple 302's surrounding background checks not just in the Seattle area. someone with a slanted view might tell people they never checked? how about a 302 with a stewardess saying Cooper was "considerably taller than 5' 7"  or Cooper himself saying he didn't have a grudge against NWO and the plane happened to be in the right place at the right time? does Kenny look remotely latin? Kenny was never trained on the stair functions? hijacking the very airline he currently worked for and decades after? have you made any effort to reproduce the bomb of quarters to help validate. it would be very easy? picking it up might present a problem. perhaps I should make a video? it's about $320 worth of quarters. that's a lot of money in 1971. it's around 2 grand. how do I make it. like the Sheriff claims or the actual witnesses? this is a good opportunity to test a theory, no? 

3 minutes ago, JJG78 said:

Someone named Lynn recently said they were submitting reviews of 2 books on Amazon. Martin Andrade and Bruce Smith. Can someone please point me to those reviews? I only see old reviews.

If they said submitting vs submitted. the answer is right there....sounds like it hasn't occurred. 

1 hour ago, JJG78 said:

Someone named Lynn recently said they were submitting reviews of 2 books on Amazon. Martin Andrade and Bruce Smith. Can someone please point me to those reviews? I only see old reviews.

Lynn's review is on the Canadian Amazon site. Not sure why it isn't posted on the main site, but here is the Link

Here is a selection from her review:

"Firstly, it has one of the most admirably concise yet complete recountings of the Cooper 1971 skyjacking that I have yet seen. The same is true for his summary of suspects - one, I might add, that contains all the ones that currently enjoy any credibility among students of the case, whereas even the Wikipedia page is missing some majors and focusing on some already discounted. The bibliography, endnotes, and transcripts of FBI crew interviews alone make this book well worth owning; I can hardly believe how much essential info is packed into this slim volume.

I must also cheer him for his clear, concise, and utterly logical laying out of evidence against the likelihood of Cooper perishing in the jump. He has used statistical information of non-expert jumpers' high survival rate even under intense wartime conditions, as well as references to other cases to demonstrate - effectively - how highly likely it is that Cooper did survive the jump."

(edited)

A few interesting claims??? ( IMO, McCoy wasn't Cooper)

Seattle FBI made mistakes,, never collected mags and other articles for prints.

Cooper (and McCoy) used aviation flight plans for notes..  WHAT?

Tina saw Cooper remove tie.

Cooper offered packets of money to each STEW, Tosaw also said this.

Cooper yellow stains on fingers.

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)
6 hours ago, mrshutter45 said:

If they said submitting vs submitted. the answer is right there....sounds like it hasn't occurred. 

Maybe Amazon said no to the shill reviews. It's considered bad form at Amazon to put up reviews of books where you personally know the author. Some authors have been caught paying money to people to review their books, or at least sending them free copies. All of it is baloney. 

I actually spent $150 at Lightning Source to REMOVE someone's short story from our book Escape Velocity - The Anthology because the author would not remove his review from Amazon. He had a story in the damn thing. Yes....I know Geoff Nelder did something similar years ago, and I chastised him for it privately. If you know the author you should just tell him his book is good, not review it at Amazon. If you don't believe that, go the Amazon Forums and look to see what members say about it. In addition, when you allow shill reviews and the general Amazon population finds out...sometimes their top reviewers will blast your book into the ground to counter what you allowed...and to teach you a lesson. 

Nah...I'm okay with your Suspects page that only lists Kenny. Although I have heard people wonder why you didn't list a single other suspect if you bothered to create a Suspects page in the first place. You should either call it 'Suspect' page, or just call it the KC page. It would be more accurate. But like I said, I'm okay with it. It got me the movie deal, and participation in that British film last year. So why should I complain? It's good advertising. 

'It's an age-old unsolved hijacking,' you say. And nothing more. Really? Then why did the Ariel Party on Cooper run for almost forty years and was attended by hundreds of people each year? Why do they keep making TV shows about the case? Why is he still a hero in the Great Northwest. You don't live here. You haven't a clue what Cooper really means to the Northwest. 

And then there are songs about him...and the parody one I wrote a couple of years ago. Cooper is still fairly popular with the public here. Today I went to assist the senior lady again, my weekend gig. Sitting around the table at lunch, the woman I work for mentioned I wrote a book on the case. Next thing you know, everyone's asking questions and discussing the case. This should tell you something. B|

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
7 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

After all of your efforts, you really haven't accomplished a thing

Really, I posted the first set of FBI 302's publicly that was a benefit to the case, before Gray posted his. I have flown/retraced the flight path via simulator. members of my forum have been on television shows that reach "your public". the forum has been in service for 5 years now. Tom Colbert contacted me when ever new 302 files were released under the Freedom Of Information act/law suit. numerous files have been released knocking down old theories. a majority of members from my forum are asked to speak at the last couple conferences. 

I have an ever growing Cooper vault containing vital information about the case. most things can not be found anywhere else or hard to locate. http://website.thedbcooperforum.com/Cooper-Vault/  the vault is currently awaiting over 20 new files to be uploaded. I just haven't got around to it because this is not my life so it has to wait until I have time to update the site. 

You insult me with this quote while just a couple days ago admitted it was a good site? this is one of the reasons people don't wish to work with you. Eric has already posted an update surrounding the conference in November while you are busy trashing him here. why would he post anything here. it's a negative thread. it's not easy working with some people. I try my best to keep some sort of communication. 

You don't really research the case. you only give opinions. have you even read more than one 302? we have a lot of them and it's very frustrating going through them seeing a dozen Kenny's and LD's, Weber's etc. it takes a lot of time to weed through them finding the fruit. multiple pages the same, sometime 4 or 5 in a row. surely, you don't believe promoting a camping trip to speak about someone else's video's will benefit the case, do you? the video's are gone and you are still going to comment about them lol. 

Edited by mrshutter45

(edited)

After all of your efforts, you really haven't accomplished a thing...

I think this more refers to your past efforts regarding KC, not so much the work you have done on the case itself. However, I don't believe the answers you seek are in any of those FBI files. Yes...I have reviewed *many* of them. They are redacted half to death and pretty much any name (almost) is blanked out. I have seen no blockbuster revelations, no new suspects where solid evidence bringing real attention to them can be claimed. 

It's a worthy effort, yes. I do more than give opinions, yes. But I think the true answers lie with possible witnesses who may come forward later. Or if a bit of new physical evidence surfaces. Or you can just believe Kenny was probably the guy. I dunno...if the answers were in the FBI files...the FBI would have already solved the case...and you guys aren't even working with unedited files. Truth is, I discovered more from the Geoff Gray un-edited releases.

"... surely, you don't believe promoting a camping trip to speak about someone else's video's will benefit the case, do you?"

Maybe not, but it might be a warning not to just hand over the keys to the kingdom to some new guy who was only out for glory, and managed to trash the biggest Cooper event the Northwest was ever going to see...simply because he didn't want to share the stage with the people who would actually draw the crowd. It was foolish at best.

Edited by RobertMBlevins

cold case investigators are laughing at you..one of the best things to do is start from scratch. you have to go through everything looking for things overlooked. we can only go over what is available. things have been found and noted. ignoring parts of a case is a major no no in anyone's book. 

I don't have time to go back and forth over this matter. gotta run...

(edited)
36 minutes ago, mrshutter45 said:

cold case investigators are laughing at you..one of the best things to do is start from scratch. you have to go through everything looking for things overlooked. we can only go over what is available. things have been found and noted. ignoring parts of a case is a major no no in anyone's book. 

I don't have time to go back and forth over this matter. gotta run...

It's Sunday. I don't run anywhere on Sunday. B|

Nobody faults you guys for trying. But you are little further along than ten years ago. Hell...even I'M getting tired of discussing the case. I do it some online, more on those campouts because people sort of expect it.

Just sitting in some ivory tower, where some are welcome and others are persona non grata...going round and round and round on the same old stuff...sounds boring to me. 

Here is my idea of Cooper Fun:  I set up a ten foot movie screen in the middle of nowhere with a beautiful view of the Olympics...and run Cooper shows and movies over some popcorn and a drink or two. With a dozen or so other fans of the case, some of them New Generation fans.

What I don't understand from Cooperland is how they can believe that they alone can solve the case by going over the same junk ad nauseum. Been there, done that. Human interaction (trust me on this one) is much more preferable and a hell of a lot more fun. 

The more you shut out the public, the less the public is able to assist you, or offer a new view on things you may not have realized before. This is why holding and supporting public events having to do with the case is a good idea. Besides, people eat it up with a big spoon, which is not a bad thing. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

Robert, I don't know what else I can tell you...people research the case and don't care about the public. everyone has different views. you want everyone to follow your steps. I'm not in this to promote it. I RESEARCH THE CASE...If someone is truly interested in the case we have multiple avenue's for them to seek. schools find my forum, colleges, people from all walks of life and countries. you bring the public here to read all of this nonsense? where is Cooper in all of this? this thread is dead. no discussion here surrounding Cooper just gossip and constant pleas for promotion and speaking negative about someone trying to have a conference. If Eric brings in a hundred people that's 90% more than any camping trip? where does the negativity end with you? you live right in the heart of Cooper country and camping is the best you got? Eric is further away doing much more. regardless of his beliefs. he's reaching out to the public while you flush him down the toilet? none of this belongs here Robert. you drive people away with all the negativity. 

I don't agree with a lot of things Eric claims. the removal of HIS video's were HIS choice. I simply removed the thread. end of story. why would I hold that against him. has the public spoken out in anger over his decision? you make mountains out of mole hills..how can people be interested in all of this drama? this is exactly what happened here the last time this thread shutdown. nothing has changed what so ever...

(edited)

Well...that's not entirely true about people not being disappointed (or even angry) about Eric and the fiasco this year. LAST year...a big mess after some folks went overboard with the child rapist remarks on Kenny Christiansen. Sure...I said something about it because I knew better. The people who said those things, some of them VERY nasty comments, were not the ones who actually interviewed Kenny's friends and neighbors, or even a guy who lived with Kenny for years. It was all baloney and I KNEW it was baloney. So the convention ended up being moved. 

In order to try and patch things up in Cooperland over this whole situation, when I was asked to help create a very special event this year, I did just that. It would have been the biggest Cooper event ever held, and I even agreed with Eric to be the host of the whole darn thing. You did NOT support this effort actively...however...you have previously supported other Cooper events, such as Eric's 2018 convention and anything that is posted by your own members. 

Whether you like the job or not, to claim you are not a leader in Cooperland is to ignore reality. You run the biggest website on Cooper, especially now that Sluggo's is gone. You have supported the promotion of new book releases on Cooper, too...as long as the author was a member of your site. So you can't really say you don't do promotion. 

Your lack of support for the event being planned for this year...well...I have to place some of the blame on why Eric did what he did on YOU. And I will tell you why. 

Because had you and your members supported this event, Eric would have had no choice but to go along with it as well. But because you either talked it down, or refused to support it, he felt safe in doing what he did. You failed to put any peer pressure on him. Later, he dumps his videos and purposely trashes the event by taking the hosting job, and then ignoring the whole thing. And yes...there are some disappointed people. Maybe you took a look at Scott R's email today, the one he sent to that same email group involved in the planning? It was sent to you today. He sure didn't sound happy. Said he had been looking forward to meeting up with Christine and Buddy again. 

One thing is for sure. Eric is in a tough spot now, and it will only get worse. Let's say he runs his convention. Sure...Bruce and a few others will show up. And everyone sitting in that audience will know why the seats are empty and the program is boring...because Eric selfishly refused to go through with the job to which he was generously assigned. 

"I coulda been somebody...I coulda been a CONTENDER..." You guys will have to settle for the Eric Program instead. You could have been contenders, but you let your personal issues get in the way...and basically screwed yourselves. 

Big difference between standing up in front of a dozen people to give your usual Cooper spiel...and standing up there as part of a program with famous people in attendance...and speaking to a large crowd. But then people sometimes get the events they deserve. Me? Thanksgiving?  I will be down in Oceanside eating at the restaurant with the big-big tree and cruising the pier. Shaking my head about what could have been for everybody in Cooperland...and wasn't. It's a damn shame, but affects me the least out of all of you. 

So far, your failure to lead and your encouragement of others to trash virtually everything AB of Seattle tries to do on the Cooper case has resulted only in you guys shooting yourselves repeatedly in the foot. I have pretty much given up on trying to organize anything for Cooperland that would actually help you guys, because it's a waste of time. I think sometimes a few of your members, and you, will look back with regrets. You may not care...but many of your members do care about reaching the public. People like Tom Kaye, Bruce, 377 perhaps, Bradley Cooper, maybe Andrade, or anyone at your website who is also trying to sell a book or prove a suspect on the case. I personally did NOT LIKE the guy who was responsible for running the Auburn Ave Theater for the city. I thought he was a real jerk...but I worked with him because I knew I was getting the use (free) of a 220-seat air conditioned venue to run Cooper stuff, sci-fi movies, etc. You have to know who can help you, and on which side the bread is buttered for you. You guys have not learned that....yet. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

I never claimed to be the leader of anything. this is all coming from you. once again, it's rather simple Robert. you claim to have all the answers surrounding the public. when are YOU going to stand up and show the world how it's done vs sitting at the keyboard in the middle of the night complaining? make the biggest event happen. you claim you don't need us. stop whining and just do it.  you have 220 seats for FREE. stop telling us what you could do and actually do it. 

This appears to be your chance to prove what you claim. why do you always fail to come through? this is business, right? show us how to run that business. you can get the space for free and say you don't need us and yet you do nothing. it doesn't make sense. what does make sense is all you do is complain about everyone else. stock holders are very nervous in your business. a collapse in near. everything is ready for you a turn key event and all you do is complain. 

The owner of the company I worked for 10 years ago says it all for you Robert....Just Do It....

(edited)

I see the 220 seat deal was at Auburn. that's the one you claimed for years that you "packed the house" and then admitted only about 50 people showed up to any event you had. 

It still doesn't make sense that you have Jim to hold the event in Portland. you say you don't need us and yet all you do is complain. it appears you need us more than we need you. I don't need you for anything. I research the case. that's my interest but you want to claim I'm some sort of leader. that's completely false. all you are doing is projecting. 

I have a forum exclusive to DB Cooper. that's the extent of it. nothing more. it doesn't have to be promoted for your satisfaction nor does it have to conform to your satisfaction. it has nothing to do with you. Robert M Blevins should worry about what Robert M Blevins does. you should also allow actual discussion about DB Cooper on a DB Cooper forum? 

Yes, I seen the email of you complaining once again. get the decoded crew together and show the world and for god sake's stop whining about it!!!!!! you have the tools so stop complaining and Just Do It...

It's only 4am your time. you still have a couple hours left. I seen you checked in a couple minutes ago. I'm going to go and discuss DB Cooper. that doesn't happen here..... :)

Edited by mrshutter45

"I have a forum exclusive to DB Cooper. that's the extent of it. nothing more. it doesn't have to be promoted for your satisfaction nor does it have to conform to your satisfaction. it has nothing to do with you...."

Now that IS funny. If it has nothing to do with me, then WHY did you create a special page dedicated to me alone, (with my name all over it) and spend years attacking every single thing I ever did trying to forward the case with the public? 

You got angry when I called you a phony. Maybe now you realize why I did. 

I didn't catch where you called me a phony. you comments are often reruns from 1976. been there read that. I fail to see one single thing that would get me angry? you are very disconnected with reality Robert. your assumptions prove that. 

Yes, your name is on the suspect page. it's still no concern of yours. it bothers you to no end :) it explains different stories of fabrication over the years. the one's you always fail to prove. I think your little group calls them "white lies" once you prove them. I will remove them. pretty simple. 

You should be working on something for November. you have the edge, the wisdom, the business sense. Cooper country is right out your front door :)  

Decoded awaits?  "If something else happens, please let me know" the decoded team is begging you for something. you have to come through Robert. your public will turn on you soon. word has it they are already upset with you. 3 hot tickets that would bring the public in and all you do is complain. Scott, Buddy and Christine are depending on you. I read the email. you spent all this time hating on Eric while you could of blown him away. you better get busy. November is around the corner. you need to start setting up departments and get the crew all on the same page. might I suggest getting someone on promotions ASAP. seats to fill. prizes to categorize. you keep letting people push you out of the picture. take a corporate stance. Eric got the Kiggins Theatre in Vancouver, all by himself. I'll bet your business savvy can get a football stadium and fill it!!! 

The public is counting on you, Robert....

(edited)

Shutter says in part:  

'Decoded awaits?  "If something else happens, please let me know" the decoded team is begging you for something. you have to come through Robert. your public will turn on you soon. word has it they are already upset with you. 3 hot tickets that would bring the public in and all you do is complain. Scott, Buddy and Christine are depending on you. I read the email. you spent all this time hating on Eric while you could of blown him away. you better get busy. November is around the corner. you need to start setting up departments and get the crew all on the same page. might I suggest getting someone on promotions ASAP. seats to fill. prizes to categorize. you keep letting people push you out of the picture. take a corporate stance. Eric got the Kiggins Theatre in Vancouver, all by himself. I'll bet your business savvy can get a football stadium and fill it!!! 

The public is counting on you, Robert....'

Can't tell if your comments are a joke or serious. I was not slated to be the host of that event. I don't hate Eric. I just think he's a fool, and so do some other folks I could mention. If he didn't want the job of hosting the combination event in Portland...then why did he accept the job? You should ask him that, but I already know the answer. He accepted that job so he could make sure it didn't happen. You and your friends should be angry at HIM, not ME. He was jealous that the event would not be All About Eric, so he made sure it vanished. This is an insult to Cooper fans. I wouldn't be surprised if 377 and Tom Kaye decide not to buy plane tickets to Portland this year, although they still might. We will see. 

Nah...except for the occasional campout with the movies and stuff...I am out of the Cooper business. I am satisfied with what we have accomplished in the case. Despite the naysayers, we took the whole thing farther than anyone else. It's true what you said about the Auburn Ave Theater. We never got more than fifty or sixty people to sit through the entire program, but Gayla passed out a ton of free snacks and cold drinks (at our expense) to anyone who got as far as the lobby, and many people would come inside the theater for at least a few minutes. We didn't have any headliners was the main problem. If they got as far as the lobby, at least they looked at the displays we had there regarding Cooper and KC. Plus...the street festival was in full swing just outside, and most people were doing THAT. 

I know the Kiggins Theater. I used to live in Vancouver years ago. I was up in Hazel Dell. For a while, anyway. Anyone can rent the Kiggins, yes. All you need is the money. It's a decent venue with a small cocktail lounge area. Sounds like Jim Brunberg either bailed on Eric, or the other way around. Too bad. It's easier to get people in the Portland area to come to an event in Portland, and although Kiggins is okay, Mississippi Studios is way better...and it was offered up free. However, I will not have a problem if Eric's program actually does pack the house, but neither will I have anything to do with planning another public Cooper event again unless AB of Seattle is doing the planning and providing the venue. Nobody likes their time wasted. Then...and only THEN...would I invite the cast of Decoded to show up a second time, and of course...the kid from Hollywood. Seattle would be a better place for this kind of event anyway, since both the kid and a major player at the production company are both from Seattle originally. It seems appropriate to do any celebration of the picture IN Seattle. 

As far as 'the public is waiting for me' (to set up something by November) I already HAD something set up, but someone trashed it purposely. Now you will have to settle with whatever Eric can provide. Even I can't set up a major event with only four months lead time. No one in Cooperland would support it anyway, so why bother? I may do some local stuff in the Puget Sound area after an announcement comes out officially on the movie, though. We will see. I have no idea when that will be, but by 2021 for sure. Two weeks ago I got a message from the production staff. They have finally decided (at least) that the movie will DEFINITELY be made, and will be released in late 2021. No doubt on that, they say. Should be a decision forthcoming on which screenwriter they are going with. It's down to two now. Both have subbed treatments, (ten page outline on how story will be presented)  and portions of a script for review by the production staff. It's a big decision, and the screenwriter receives one Big Chunk of Change from the production budget. Much more than me. 

I just saw this week that they are releasing the movie version of the NYT bestselling book, The Art of Racing in the Rain. This is a very cute story about the life of a family and their Golden Retriever. Bring the handkerchiefs, baby. It's a tear jerker. 

The book was released in 2008 by the way. So I don't feel too bad about Blast taking a little over four years to reach the big screen from signing (Jan 2017) to movie. Blast was released in its main version on December 31, 2010. And it certainly wasn't a NYT bestseller. So I am okay with how everything turned out. Timing could not be better. I'm moving out of Washington state about the same time they will be shooting the picture. Either San Diego area or near Mesa, AZ. Not decided yet, but California is the most likely, although I have some reservations about earthquakes. :/

Edited by RobertMBlevins

(edited)
3 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Bill Mitchell WSHS interview full audio and transcript.. link

http://www.washingtonhistory.org/collections/item.aspx?irn=122559

I have listened to this one before. The people running that museum are idiots. They didn't ask Bill the obvious questions. That is for sure. Then they wanted a bunch of copies of the Blast book for their gift shop. I told them sure...I can get them for you at 2.50 a copy via Lightning Source at wholesale. (Printed price on book and bar code is 11.99) They said they HAD to have Gayla's Social Security Number for their 'records'. I said:  "Why not just our Federal Tax ID number for AB of Seattle?" They said:  "No...we need the name and the SSN." (For the purchase order, they said.) I told them to buy the books at Amazon. They didn't. I was okay with that. 

That's why I called them idiots. Would you trust your SSN to a museum database? Not me, brother. Look what happened at Equifax. I listened to most of the interviews they did at the same time they were running their DB Cooper exhibit. They have a common theme in the interviews. They didn't ask the obvious, or possibly controversial questions. Had their shot and they blew it. Bruce Smith could have done better. 

Speaking of Equifax...the Federal Trade Commission website is now set up for making claims against the Big Fat Huge Humongous Settlement that was established after the data breach. 147 million Americans affected. Several options for settlement available to you. Just Google for the info. You enter your last six SSN numbers, they can tell you in ten seconds if your data was breached. Just make sure you are ON the REAL FTC website.  <<<<<<<<< It is there, to save you the Google search. You have until mid-January to select your method of claim. There are several options. If you were not hurt by the breach, the easiest option is to accept the 10-year credit monitoring offer. That is worth at least $1,500 and probably a lot more, depending on how many things they provide with this monitoring. If it reaches Lifelock's top level, then it is worth over $4,000. If you go restitution options for damage, you are asked to provide documentation, but you can get the monitoring part easily enough, and it's much less hassle. If you come up as breached, you should at least accept the free monitoring if nothing else. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

On 7/25/2019 at 1:05 PM, The Cooper Vortex said:

Have you guys heard my latest episode with Bill Rollins? Its a good one!

https://thecoopervortex.podbean.com/e/db-cooper-had-a-grudge-bill-rollins/

Yes, I gave it a listen the other day when I grew tired of listening to Bob Mueller proving himself to be an idiot.

It was an entertaining podcast. But I didn't hear anything that makes me think Lakich is a good suspect. 

32 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Yes, I gave it a listen the other day when I grew tired of listening to Bob Mueller proving himself to be an idiot.

It was an entertaining podcast. But I didn't hear anything that makes me think Lakich is a good suspect. 

You did better than me. I haven't listened to that episode yet, but I did download it. I never heard of this Lakich, but you know Darren...he interviews everybody and anybody in the Cooper case with neutrality. I think that's why his podcast works. When I went to Oregon we literally blasted out the first 12 episodes on these powered speakers, sort of background stuff while doing other things. They sound better at full volume. B|

(edited)

EU, Eric Ulis falsely claimed Emrich fingered Sheridan, it was Bill Whitney not Sheridan.

It was just Emrich's opinion, but the FBI did look at Whitney in 1971.

"Bill Whitney" posted on mountain news.. re: Cossey

https://themountainnewswa.net/2013/04/27/the-hunt-for-db-cooper-earl-cossey-feared-dead-in-woodinville-homicide/

whitneya.jpg.75766cf7ae80edafc146c1aa8b9e596b.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK